Vans Warped Tour

Posted by Yonaka

This past Saturday I had the pleasure of going to Warped Tour in Tinley Park Chicago. I tell you my friends, it was the best thing I've ever experienced in my entire life. I came across a few bands that were actually really good. Such as The Matches, Meg and Dia, Pull The Pin, Cinematic Sunrise, Love Arcade, and others. I also got autographs from the members of Tiger Army and Escape The Fate. There will be pictures soon of our time at Warped Tour, and a few video blogs. Not to mention the awesome picture we have of the lead singer of Escape The Fate, Amanda, and Warpy, our Warped Tour bear standing together looking cute. All in all it was a good time, and we made a few friends.
Have any of you heard of the bands that I mentioned before? Like The Matches and such?

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Besides As I Lay Dying, Tiger Army, Norma Jean, Coheed and Cambria, Circa Survive and maybe Killswitch, **** sucked. And I've seen all those bands live already. And none of them are particularly great anyways.

Posted by Yonaka

I got to meet Nick 13 which was pretty cool. He had said that he would take a picture with Warpy, but he got shoved away by security before he could. :(
The Matches actually put on a great show that I enjoyed immensly. I later got to compliment the lead singer on his very pretty tiara.
I'm sorry you think that way Vamp. I didn't get to see Coheed And Cambria though, and that made me mad, because I love them. And I missed Cute Is What We Aim For, because I was dragged away. But other than that it was awesome.

My local [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SCENE_Music_Festival]Scene Festival[/url] was better than Warped Tour this year. And that's saying a bit.

Posted by Yonaka

I guess it all depends on your taste in music.

No, really? Huh. Go figure.

Posted by Yonaka

I kind of wish Flyleaf was there though. I really want to see one of their shows. Same with AFI.

AFI doesn't know how to use smoke machines properly and their fans ruin the little you can see.

Posted by Yonaka

That's not what I go to a show for. The reason I want to go to an AFI concert is because Davey goes out into the crowd and lets people put their hands on his back and everything. And he likes to stand on the crowd. I'd love to be one of the people holding Davey up.
Speaking of which, Black-Thoughts got sat on by the lead singer of Gallows. And Amanda got to hold Ronnie, from Escape The Fate's hand. Pretty cool really.

Quoted post: That's not what I go to a show for. The reason I want to go to an AFI concert is because Davey goes out into the crowd and lets people put their hands on his back and everything. And he likes to stand on the crowd. I'd love to be one of the people holding Davey up.

Why do that when chances are you can go up to him and talk to the band after the show? I managed to the two times I saw them and I'm not even that big of a fan =/

Posted by Yonaka

I'm just not that lucky. If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all.

Posted by Omni

I've never heard of any of the bands she mentioned in her first post, nor do I care to.

Posted by Fort Shino

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: My local [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SCENE_Music_Festival]Scene Festival[/url] was better than Warped Tour this year. And that's saying a bit.

You ***. I wanted to go to that, but didn't have anough money. :(

Girl-friends ****ing suck.

Posted by G-Sides

just when you thought the current music scene couldn't get any worse...

warped tour.

Posted by NES Queen

the warped tour used to be pretty good back in the day, but now its just become a cesspool of emo faggots. i'm not paying $40 to walk around in mud all day just to listen to one decent band play a 30 min set. the only novelty factor still present that makes the trip amusing if i have nothing better to do is the drunk cage.

Posted by Yonaka

Actually it was pretty fun. I'm going to Ozzfest next week.

Ozzfest is worse than Warped Tour this year.

Posted by Yonaka

I don't know half the bands that are going to be there so it doesn't really matter to me. It's one of the few oppritunities I'm going to have to see my friends for a while. But it promises to be quite fun all the same.

It's free and not even I'm going to it. That's how bad it is.

Posted by Yonaka

Ah well, they were handing them out at Warped Tour, two tickets each. My friend Ross is way into metal so we're dragging him along too. I probably won't get to see many of the bands anyway.

I weep for all the real metal fans that are being forced to go. I think Nile is the only band worth seeing.

Posted by Yonaka

Well knowing Ross, he'll love it.

then he's not "way into metal"

Posted by Yonaka

Let me rephrase, he's into mainstream metal. Disturbed, Metalica, that kind of thing. According to him Metalica is the best band on the planet.

Disturbed isn't metal and Metallica are barely anything more than hard rock these days. So yeah, he'd enjoy this year's Ozzfest quite a bit I guess.

Posted by Omni

Quoting Yonaka: Well knowing Ross, he'll love it.

Well knowing Ross, he has bad taste in music.

Posted by Yonaka

Quoting Omni: Well knowing Ross, he has bad taste in music.

He does indeed.

Posted by Shade

Better than yours, if that makes Ross feel any better.

Posted by Yonaka

Actually since I have a broader interest than Ross, and don't condemn bands for doing a Metallica cover, my tastes are better than his.

Posted by Shade

Quoting Yonaka: Actually since I have a broader interest than Ross, and don't condemn bands for doing a Metallica cover

Broader interests doesn't mean that those interests are good. And since when does being tolerant of cover bands equal good taste?

Posted by Omni

Quoting Yonaka: Actually since I have a broader interest in bands that suck than Ross, my tastes are better than his.

That's how I read that. Having a broader interest does not automatically mean you have better taste.

Posted by G-Sides

now i'll admit, i've been to ozzfest twice in the past, but both for very legit reasons :( first time i was like 12 years old and i had just gone to an amazing Lollapalooza the week before and was dying to go to another multiband thing like that. other time i was going with a girlfriend and got to see strapping young lad 8-)

Posted by Omni

Quoting G-Sides: other time i was going with a girlfriend and got to see strapping young lad 8-)

From what I've seen in YouTube, they're pretty awesome live. It's too bad they're not playing together anymore.

Quoted post: now i'll admit, i've been to ozzfest twice in the past, but both for very legit reasons first time i was like 12 years old and i had just gone to an amazing Lollapalooza the week before and was dying to go to another multiband thing like that. other time i was going with a girlfriend and got to see strapping young lad 8-)

Yeah, Ozzfest was once pretty good. I remember those days too.

Posted by Y2kMISFIT

Quoting Yonaka: T And he likes to stand on the crowd. I'd love to be one of the people holding Davey up.
really.

Been there, done that... Rochester. Held that f4g's left foot up, j/k I heart Davey.

But one thing I don't love is crowd surfers, took many of them out at warped this year. spied them on the ground< threw there sneakers, extc.

Vamp you lend up going to the buffalo/6 flags darien lake warped?

Posted by Yonaka

I almost missed Ozzfest because the fanbelt broke on the van. But I went and seen Lordi, Static X, Lamb Of ***, and of course Ozzy. Ozzy was the best.

Posted by Shin-Ra

I'm glad I didn't go to Warped Tour. Paying $40 just to see Bad Religion and Tiger Army would have been something to regret. All the big American tours absolutely fail this year.

Posted by Grave Wisdom

Quoting Yonaka: Ozzy was the best.

When you look at the other bands that were playing, didn't look like there was much competition. Ozzy was actually innovative at one point, something the other morons on that tour will never be.

Quoted post: Vamp you lend up going to the buffalo/6 flags darien lake warped?

Oh, no, I didn't actually go. Wasn't worth my time. Though I did go to that rochester show.