Eternal Sonata

Posted by Random

This game looks extremley good. Its even being predicted as perhaps Japans RPG of the year. Many predict it'll even outdo Blue Dragon, an already established RPG in Japan.

Heres a link: http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/809/809229p1.html

I'm already addicted to an RPG on the 360, being Enchanted Arms. I'm currently 20 hours into it, and about 25% of the way through. Eternal Sonata may just give me my RPG fix for a while after i'm done with Enchanted Arms, and not to mention Blue Dragon will be out before too long.

Posted by Zeta

I want it because I'm a JRPG fag, but I've heard some musical knowledge is needed to solve some puzzles. =/

Posted by s0ul

tri-crescendo and monolith was all I needed to know. lol baten kaitos ftw

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

On one hand I'm interested and on the other not at all. I guess I'll see how I feel about it once it comes out.

Oh, and Enchant Arm is terrible. What the hell?

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Looks interesting. Solving musical puzzles would be fun.

Posted by Random

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: On one hand I'm interested and on the other not at all. I guess I'll see how I feel about it once it comes out.

Oh, and Enchant Arm is terrible. What the hell?

How long did you play into Enchanted Arms?? I'm about 20 maybe 25 hours into it, and i'm finding it more and more addicting. We are talking about the same game right??

What didn't you care for it? I enjoyed its different yet nice battle system, and the storyline I find is very creative.

idk, I played the majority of it with my friend an neither of us particularly enjoyed it. As far as JRPGs go, it's pretty **** average.

Posted by Random

aw I love Enchanted Arms... I think its pretty good. Normally I hate different battle systems, but this battle system is rather unique.

Posted by s0ul

Demo's out for this, as I'm sure anyone interested already knows, and I personally think it's awesome. This is priority above Bioshock and Metroid Prime 3. But that doesn't mean much coming from a Baten Kaitos fag. :cookie:

Demo sucked. Was not impressed at all.

Posted by Last Fog

I think the art and attention to detail is gorgeous. The cel-shaded graphics are beautiful. Problem is it's turn based, and I pretty much hate turn based games. I wish there was a fun platformer that looked like this. Or at the least, any platformers on 360. I think they're a dying breed. :(

And by the way, though my opinion doesn't count for much (like I said I hate turn-based), Blue Dragon is crap. Japanese with their taste for ****-poor games.

JRPGs are just boring now. And the game doesn't have enough stuff to do with music.

Posted by Last Fog

They weren't always? ;)

Nah. There used to be a time when I believed they would start evolving and not be the same games they were twenty years ago... and then time passed and I realised how wrong I was and here we are today.

Posted by Last Fog

So JRPG's are like black people?

lol jk

zing lol

Posted by s0ul

silly nagros. Though it is turn-based, it beats the hell out of it being menu-based. In hindsight, there is nothing particularly impressive about this game to me, but I've played through the demo three times now. I'm such a fanboy, if this wasn't tri-crescendo I wouldn't give it the time of day I'm sure. Oh well, whatever gets me to like something. :cool2:

Quoted post: it beats the hell out of it being menu-based.

Tales is better. It sucks how some of the attacks are utter **** in the shade.

Posted by s0ul

Yeah, I assume that you'll get some better shade moves for everybody though. And I can never get into Tales games for some reason, though I do like how the combat's done.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

I played through a bit of the demo today and although the game does look fantastic, it wasn't really fun to play through it. Not enjoying the battle system much at all.

Posted by Shade

Played through the demo today. I thought the battle system was fun.

Posted by Dexter

Great game so far. I'm about 2 hours into it. The battle system is fun.

Posted by Dexter

Awesome game. You start to enjoy the light/shade aspect as you learn new moves and develop your skills. It adds nice strategy in many situations, too, and comes to your aid more than the enemies, I'd say. The environments are so cool. I look forward to getting to each new area and discovering it's wonders. Characters are fun and interesting but don't seem to develop as well as they do in, let's say, Tales of the Abyss. The story, however, develops incredibly well, with new layers being added to increase your curiosity. The story will drive you through the entire game, easily, given you enjoy game stories. I'm such a sucker for Tri-Crescendo/Namco Bandai games. I'd definitely list this as my #1 RPG of the year. If you enjoyed Tales of the Abyss/Symphonia or the Baten Kaitos games, you shouldn't have trouble liking this title. Can't wait to see what they make next.

Posted by Cloudstud

No one has commented on this game in a while... Did anyone else get a chance to play it? Any other opinions? I played the demo and thought it was pretty fun....

Posted by Dexter

Get the game. The story is the best part. Character development! You got to progress into it to get the best out of it. Still my favorite RPG on the 360.

Here I thought someone else played through it. :(