Pixar

Posted by El Capitan

After watching The Incredibles quite a bit, I started to get into Pixar's films alot. I'm kinda curious to know some of Pixar's future projects that would or could make the big screen other then Cars. I am also curious to know some opinons about Pixar's best work with characters, story, animation, best movie overall etc. For now, this is what I have...

Characters- Toy Story, this movie grabbed me the most with its fun and cool characters. I always and will forever adore Slinky the most.

Best story- Monster Inc., I really like the idea of there is another world of monsters that connect from your closet, its GENIOUS! No one would have thought of that.

Best animation- The Incredibles, from watching the extras on the DVD, it seems like they had alot of trouble with using human characters and human hair. In the movie, the hair looked realistic and the water as well.

Best Movie- The Incredibles, it was tough chosing this movie just because I really like all of Pixar's films. I say The Incredibles because when i'm watching the movie, its like watching an action movie and you barely realize its animation still.

Also if anyone knows a website( other then pixar.com) that talks about future films that would be great.

Posted by Xenos

I was told that Pixar was a private company apart from Disney, though I haven't completely verified that for myself--but taking that as a model, I actually find Pixar more witty, clever, and ingenious than the actual (without Pixar) Disney cartoon works as of late--they are making a new movie called Chicken Noodle, and I don't know how great it will be.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

My personal favorite Pixar film would be Finding Nemo.

If any of you use marijuana, I strongly recommend that you watch Finding Nemo next time you're under the influence. That is, if you already do it. Don't start because it's bad for you and all that, but if you're going to do it, watch Finding Nemo.

Fei-on

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Good advice.

Finding Nemo is alright, but definitely not my favourite. I personally think it's way overhyped. Sure, it's cute, and I like it well enough, but Monsters Inc. I enjoy a lot more. And since you're into these types of movies, I would have to suggest watching Ice Age. Excellent, excellent movie. One of my favourites, in fact.

Posted by bazariah

did you know that if it wasnt for the star wars movies pixar would never exist (true fact)

my personall faves would have to be toy story 1, finding nemo and the incredibles

reasons:
i like toys a lot
i like fish and find fish to be the funniest of ***s creatures
super heroes rule

the other movies like bugs life and monsters inc have a lot of qualities too but i prefer the three i mentioned more

i am however looking forward to the 2006 release of cars

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Yeah, I've seen Ice Age, and it was really good.

Toy Story 2 was amazing as well. It wasn't really even a kids movie. It seemed more of a good-natured comedy for adults.

Fei-on

Posted by Nizmo

Toy Story 2 was fun, as a sequel, but wasn't the best of the set. I liked the first one a lot, mostly because the story was more appealing to me since I was a child back then. The second one was alright, but a bit more complicated then other Pixar movies.

Pixar animations and other 3D cartoonist companies such as Dreamworks seem to be revolutionising animated films these days. I've seen a lot of 3D movies like Shark Tale and Finding Nemo, but 2D movies aren't making much of a stand lately. Just an observation.

Posted by Mystic Hero

My vote goes to the first Toy Story. Why? It's the first movie to actually hit theatres that used excellent computer graphic animation for an entire movie at that time. It was excellent indeed and brought about many more Pixar films including Toy Story's sequal.

Posted by El Capitan

Quoting Angelwing: Good advice.

Finding Nemo is alright, but definitely not my favourite. I personally think it's way overhyped. Sure, it's cute, and I like it well enough, but Monsters Inc. I enjoy a lot more. And since you're into these types of movies, I would have to suggest watching Ice Age. Excellent, excellent movie. One of my favourites, in fact.

Yeah Ice age is really good.

I recently saw Robots, and I really didn't care for it. Right now, its looks like Madagascar and Cars are gonna duke it for the number one spot, unless they come out during different dates.

Posted by Anethemo Rex

my fave was the original toy story. good story, and probably the first 3-d cartoon movie, right? groundbreaking and all that stuff. toy story 2 just didn't hold my attention like the first one did.