Top 20 Metal Gear Boss Battles

Posted by Big Boss

In celebration of Metal Gear's 20th Anniversary, GameSpot has compiled a list of their favorite MGS bosses. Be warned, [color=red]spoilers abound![/color]

[url="http://www.gamespot.com/features/6175700/index.html"]Metal Gear: 20 Years of Big Bad Boss Battles[/url]

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[IMG]http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2007/features/metalgear/boss_embed020.jpg[/IMG]

;_;

Posted by Bebop

I got to be honest, I didnt think the series had 20 bosses :-/

Posted by Ant

haha, I was going to say the same thing.

Posted by maian

I loved how they just listed all the bosses. :cookie: Well, pretty much. Excluding portable ops, and uh, Fatman. Anyway, I love MGS bosses. MGS2's weren't great, but I think a few of the battles in MGS3 are some of the greatest boss fights in gaming.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Wait, did they put The Boss at the end?

Posted by Fate

Probably because she was the most epic. The list isn't numbered, anyways.

The End was the greatest battle I've ever had. If KojiPro can beat The End or give me another one in MGS4, I'll die of happiness.

Posted by maian

The End was intense. I ended up holding him up 7 times in EE mode. :cool:

Posted by GameMiestro

I'M RUNNING MAN, THE FASTEST MERCENARY IN THE WORLD!

Quoted post: Probably because she was the most epic. The list isn't numbered, anyways.

Yeah it was. Boss was 20.

But yeah, the End was awesome. That whole game was incredibly deep and that boss battle really showed it.

Posted by Fate

They seem to be going by series.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Bebop;633046]I got to be honest, I didnt think the series had 20 bosses :-/

[quote=Ant;633092]haha, I was going to say the same thing.

Me too. How many bosses did they leave out?

More than a few. Off the top of my head I can think of five. I think.

Posted by Big Boss

It's not just MGS, it's Metal Gear. Therefore, boss battles found in Metal Gear Ghost Babel and the first two Metal Gear games would count (a couple of them are mentioned, too). Also, notice that they use one boss to describe different boss fights across three separate games, such as with Gray Fox.

The article is definitely worth a read. Some of the stuff they say is funny, too, such as Volgin's description: "He's completely insane, loves to hurt people, wants to have sex with everything...," which is hilariously true.

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v209/Cyke/Videogames/Screenshots/MGS3-Volgin.jpg[/IMG]

Volgin: He'll stick it to 'ya.

Posted by maian

I thought Volgin was a cool character, until the end when he became an unkillable faggot who wouldn't stop at killing Snake and wen into, uh, pretty extreme measures to do so. It kind of destroyed his realism for me, not that he had much anyway. >_>

MGS? Realism? Nah.

Posted by GameMiestro

volgin loses lol

NO SCOPED HIS ***

Posted by The Hate

owned

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;634182]NO SCOPED HIS ***

I hate when people say that like they meant it intentionally. Nothing worse than a kid ****ting his pants at close range with a sniper, accidentally killing someone, then screaming 'AW YEAH I NO SCOPED HIS ***'

A lot of people do mean it intentionally though. It's not that hard, even in Rainbow Six. right bumper lawls