ANT@COMIC-CON

Posted by Ant

So in about 6 hours I'll be embarking on my journey to San Diego along with 4 other compatriots to the San Diego Convention Center. Needless to say I'm fukken pumped. After reading the sheer amount of games that will be avalible to demo I'll bring you my personal impressions with the games I play. To name a few: DMC4, RE:UC, Zack and Wiki, Drawn to Life, Super Puzzle Fighter HD and much much more. And along with all the games I'll have to play, I've set up a list of panels I'd like to attend. Sadly, a lot of them are at the same time. So I'll have to pick and choose which I'd like to see, if any at all since the gaming aspect is going to get top bracket. ANYWHO, here's my schedule of the sorts

Meet Shin-Chan writers 10:30am-11:30am Room 2
OR
Image Comics: The Founders 10:30-11:30 Room 6A

Capcom Puzzle Fighter Event 11am-1pm

Grim Adventure of Billy and Mandy Panel 11:45-12:15pm Room 6B

LucasArts - 12:30-1:30pm Room 1AB
OR
Vertigo: I Am Legend 12:30-1:30pm Room 5AB
OR
Fosters-Craig McCracken 12:30-1:15pm Room 6B
OR
Joel Silver: Return To House on Haunted Hill&Moonlight 1:00-2:00pm Room 6A

First Look at Nickelodeon's The Mighty B! 1:30-2:30pm Room 2

Warner Bros. Home Video: 300 and Blade Runner Final Cut 3:15-4:45 Hall H
OR
American Dad

Posted by s0ul

Is it this weekend? 'cause I can probably go if so.

Posted by Ant

Today(Friday) and Saturday are sold out. You can go on Sunday maybe lol.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Man, I'd so go. MEET SHIN-CHAN WRITERS?

Posted by s0ul

Quoting Ant: Today(Friday) and Saturday are sold out. You can go on Sunday maybe lol.

Heh, Sundays the only day I could go anyway.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: Vertigo: I Am Legend 12:30-1:30pm Room 5AB

Skip. If it's the movie or even the comics based in the same universe then it's going to suck. Omega Man? Do not want.

Anywho, sounds pretty badass either way. Have fun!

Posted by sniper

This sounds incredibly dull.

Posted by Ant

Alright, looooong ****ing day and I'm working off of a night without sleep and it was about 42 hours since I last sleep so forgive me if I sound weird.

ANYWAYS, left here at 5am. sadly, the whole night before I had got the chocolate rain stuck in my head, so I was consistently saying that throughout the day.

got to the Convention center area at around 8:30 area. registered. then being the morons my friends were they wanted to instead of rush the floor when it opened -shakes head-.

so after that which took about an hour I went immedately to the gaming sector, WHICH WAS FUKKEN HUGE. Seriously, I was not expecting the huge amass of gaming related things that had. So after wandering around a bit. I tried at DDR Hottest Party On Wii. Honestly, the controls didn't seemed tacked on at all, and it ran very smoothly with the normal dance steps.

THEN after that I managed to sign up for the puzzle fighter competition. after waiting for my turn I kicked the first person I was againsts ***. round 2 I ended up having to play against the fag that played and WON yesterday. needless to say I got whooped hard, which is a shame cause I was only a few steps behind and the xbox controls were a little hard to maneuver. Though I'm sort of glad I last since I had to take a wicked ****.

afterwards I then decided I was going to wait to play DMC4. After the 40 minute wait for that. I can say that it's everything that DMC3 was, and imporves upon with this one claw moves that brings you toward the enemy and makes the combo system even more smooth than before. I also got to see RE:UC being played in the same area, but it was that or DMC4 so I think I picked the better. From what I saw of RE it looks really good for what it is...an arcade shooter.

AFTER THAT I wandered throughout the entire floor. sooooooooooooo many cosplay fags it was ridiculous. and sadly, most ****ing sucked. not much happens until I made it to the Seth McFarlane Panel where they read an American Dad script with all the people there and would cut at certain times to parts they had done. so a very fun experence to say the least. OH, and after that they had a Q&A, which was mostly asskissery, but the last question was by some stupid 12 year old who went on to ask the question pretty much exactly like this "eeerrrrr uuuhhhhh what do you like uhhhhh do when uuuhhhhhh people don't understand teeeehhhhhhhhh jokes!? I mean i uhhhhh look them up uhhhh online and uhhhhh even my DUHHHHH parents don't understand" with everyone ****ing laughing they told him they'd tell him in a couple years and it ended YAY.

Once again head back down to the floor. Darksong then starts to buy some stuff, while I meander over and play Dewys Adventure on Wii. It's a tilt game, and you can be either water, steam, or ice. And they implemented it very well from what I could tell in the first demo level. Not as crappy as I first thought it would be. Oh, and I managed to meet one of the producers of Phoenix Wright and she signed the poster. It was kind of sad to see so many people not even say hi while they did that for them. since she only spoke moonspeak though I just nodded and said thank you, still, better than most.

After all this with about 30 minutes to spare I figured we'd be fine getting into the Kevin Smith Panel. FUKKEN WRONG. Didn't get in. Too many fukken other people. So, that was basically the end to the con as I knew it. Went to this pretty cool restaurANT where they are real DICKS to you. lol name of restaurANT too. but the food was extremely tasty. after hanging out with another one of our friends who was working the con for about an hour and half(this wasn't by my choice, I wanted to leave an hour earlier:D) we finally left SD and headed back for the SV. and here I am left with sore feet, a **** load of free schwag, and MEMMMMMMORIES.

Since it was convoluted enough to post this story. Pics to said events will be in a separate thread in the pictures board.

LINK TO PICTURES FOUND HERE: http://www.vgchat.com/showthread.php?p=631569#post631569

Posted by Klarth

DMC sucks and is bad and RE:UC is too cool for you

Posted by Ant

you got that mixed up lol.

Posted by Corrupt

****it, and I was JUST about to ask if you could come down and see me for a while. Maybe some other time, eh?

But either way, I'm glad you enjoyed yourself so much! I opted not to go to Con this year (mainly because my sleep schedule is still ****ed up and there's no way I'd be able to stay awake for the duration of the events), but I know Chris was volunteering there like he does every year, so it's possible that you might have seen him!

Anyway, NEXT UP: THE "ant camic can pix" THREAD! See you guys there, I'm assuming? *zooms off on his giant purple monkey flying dishwasher* xD

Posted by Ant

SPEAKING OF CHRISTOPHER, I DID SEE HIM. He scared me out of nowhere. Sadly I was just about to go into the American Dad panel and he was looking for his gaia fag clan(that's what he said). so it was a short meeting, but a pleasANT surprise.

Posted by Klarth

You should have gone to the LOST event. Bastard.

Posted by Ant

I would have considered it if I watched the show :cool:

Posted by s0ul

Went today, picked up some mad swag for a late birthday present, no events, but I did play the RE:UC demo! Kickass day, got a picture with the PA guys that I might post.

Posted by Ant

did you ask the one guy why he's so bald? if not, why?

Posted by s0ul

I was too nervous. :(

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Did you go to the Iron Man event? The trailer kicks ***.

Posted by Corrupt

s0ul, are you still in San Diego? It'd be terrific if we could meet up again for the first time in three years! :D

Posted by s0ul

Yeah, here 'til the 6th. I'd have to talk to my dad but we don't have anything planned so I'm sure you and I can figure something out. I'm about to head out, you should start brainstorming and PM me! I'll probably be around on nights, throw the phone number in the PM as well as I've gone through several phones since last we've talked.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

you went to all that faggy **** yet you didn't go to the Dark Horse table, the booty babe art (hilarious) table, DC's table, Cartoon Network, MADDOX's table, Marvel, Margaret Weis (zomg)'s table, Penny-Arcade, Sam and Max, The Sci-Fi Channel, the Blizzard table, and the list goes ooooon?!?? Why go?! You people irritate me.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

DC sucks. Mostly.

Okay maybe I follow a few series, but Countdown is ****ing embarrassing.

Posted by Ant

Quoting Bj Blaskowitz: you went to all that faggy **** yet you didn't go to the Dark Horse table, the booty babe art (hilarious) table, DC's table, Cartoon Network, MADDOX's table, Marvel, Margaret Weis (zomg)'s table, Penny-Arcade, Sam and Max, The Sci-Fi Channel, the Blizzard table, and the list goes ooooon?!?? Why go?! You people irritate me.

Dark Horse had a pretty small thing compaitivly to others. But a nice area nonetheless. The Booty Babe art was interesting...to say the least. Saw some dood working on some stuff right there and then, sadly I couldn't tell if he was getting hard from his own work. Cartoon Network had a pretty lame area. One of my friends girlfriends got her MADDOX shirt signed and had her picture taken with him, seemed like a nice guy actually. Marvel was okay. Margret who? I dislike Penny-Arcade fans with a passion. didn't see anything about Sam and Max. Sci-Fi channel was eh. didn't see bilzzard.

Maddox is still around?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

He's pretty rich. I don't think he gives a **** about writing articles now.

Yeah, it's been a good four years since I've heard his name.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

Margaret Weis co-wrote the Dragonlance series, noobz

Yeah, that sounds like something Ant would be interested in.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

because we all know that when somebody criticizes someone else's decisions, we consider their tastes. Right vamp? You do that when you criticize someone's music don't you?

huh?

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

I'm assuming "yeah that sounds like something ant would be interested in" was sarcasm?

Posted by Ant

it was. if it ain't anime i don't care!

Posted by Bebop

Fur-fag

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

well, I assumed that it was sarcasm, and basically asked Vamp why he didn't exercise such considerate niceties whenever he criticizes other people's musical tastes. It's all about consistency

I'm always sarcastic. Why change who I am now?