So I've been a fan of Vsnares for 1 straight year.

Posted by Xero

Never liked a group that long before.

Aaron Funk must be awesome.

Posted by Corrupt

oh yeah well i've been into vsnares longer than that so i must be more awesome than you :rock::rock:

but i'm still not as badass as mr. funk himself :(

Posted by Xero

Quoting Corrupt:
but i'm still not as badass as mr. funk himself :(

Nobody is.

Posted by Roger Smith

Misread title as " I've been strait for 1 year."

Posted by Xero

You suck at reading.

Posted by Roger Smith

I still love you though :(

Posted by Xero

bubble bath is ready

Posted by Roger Smith

I demand a copy of Kama Sutra ready for reading as well as Gasoline scented candles.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Roger Smith: Gasoline scented candles.

Forget it. The scent of gas makes me sick.

Posted by Roger Smith

Got "Newly Opened Video Game Case" scent? I love that smell.

Posted by Omni

How about candles that smell like high resolution anime girl pictures, Roger? I'm sure you'd enjoy those.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Roger Smith: Got "Newly Opened Video Game Case" scent? I love that smell.

I have it, but I'm keeping those for Vampiro and I next week ;)

Posted by Red

Quoting Roger Smith: Got "Newly Opened Video Game Case" scent? I love that smell.

Guitar hero rocks the 80's smelt reaaaallly strong. I guess that's because the instruction book was 3 different languages.

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting Omni: How about candles that smell like high resolution anime girl pictures, Roger? I'm sure you'd enjoy those.

Don't tell Poison about them or there will be none left for me.

Posted by Omni

Oh, and since I'm listening to him now, and I haven't really been on topic in this thread, my favorite electronica artist is World's End Girlfriend. :D

NICE TO MEET YOU NICE TO MEET YOU NICE TO MEET YOU NICE TO MEET YOU NICE TO MEET YOU

Posted by Roger Smith

Nobody cares.

Posted by Omni

Quoting Roger Smith: Nobody cares.

Nobody cares.

Posted by Corrupt

[quote=Roger Smith]Nobody cares.

Actually, I believe that people such as Omni, Xero, and myself happen to enjoy partaking in discussions about quality electronic music very much, so fuck off.

Anyway, what's the scoop on any new WEG material, PHM? Any upcoming releases that would deserve a worthwhile mention? I'd also hope that he continues producing music under his World's End Boyfriend moniker, as that stuff has been some of my favorite music he's ever put out.

And I'd really like for Mr. Funk to come out with a new album (or at least an EP) relatively soon. Pink + Green (you did get the rest of that, right PHM?) was a very solid and enjoyable five tracks of delicious breakcore goodness, and I'm hoping for more soon, preferably with a more experimental flare and the utilization of actual instruments. That worked out so incredibly well for him on [i]Rossz Csillag Allat Sz

Posted by Xero

Quoting Corrupt:
And I'd really like for Mr. Funk to come out with a new album (or at least an EP) relatively soon.

I hope so too. He usually makes at least 2 albums a year and so far there's only been one (an EP) in 2007. The next one should be coming soon :wacko:

[QUOTE=Corrupt;631614]Pink + Green was a very solid and enjoyable five tracks of delicious breakcore goodness, and I'm hoping for more soon, preferably with a more experimental flare and the utilization of actual instruments. That worked out so incredibly well for him on [i]Rossz Csillag Allat Sz

Posted by Corrupt

Yeah, I didn't like Huge Chrome Cylinder Box Unfolding at all, like I had told you earlier. And it's interesting, because I loved Making Orange Things. Go figure. Also, you should really, really look forward to receiving Tango N' Vectif. It's such a spectacular album.

And are you talking about just completing your own personal collection of VSnares albums, or owning his entire discography? If the latter is the case, you have some more ground to cover. 2370894, printf("shiver in eternal darkness-n");, Greg Hates Car Culture, and Fuck America, Fuck Canada (his collaboration with Stunt Rock) are albums I don't think you have yet. If you do though, then that's excellent for you, and I'm impressed. Hell, I'm impressed purely by the fact that you're just about as big a fanboy as I am. :D

Posted by Xero

Quoting Corrupt: Yeah, I didn't like Huge Chrome Cylinder Box Unfolding at all, like I had told you earlier. And it's interesting, because I loved Making Orange Things. Go figure. Also, you should really, really look forward to receiving Tango N' Vectif. It's such a spectacular album.

It's "Unfolding"? Gosh I suck with names. I misread is for "Opening" -_-

And yes, I really am looking forward to get Tango N' Vectif. I remember you making me listen to it on the phone and it sounded really good. What's even better is that this album has 2 CDs in it. I know I'll enjoy it.

Quoting Corrupt: And are you talking about just completing your own personal collection of VSnares albums, or owning his entire discography? If the latter is the case, you have some more ground to cover. 2370894, printf("shiver in eternal darkness-n");, Greg Hates Car Culture, and Fuck America, Fuck Canada (his collaboration with Stunt Rock) are albums I don't think you have yet. If you do though, then that's excellent for you, and I'm impressed. Hell, I'm impressed purely by the fact that you're just about as big a fanboy as I am. :D

Oh wow. There are quite a lot of albums 0_o. No I don't have those yet, but I'll get them. I want all of his CDs. But if some of the CDs you listed me only contain 1-4 songs, then I much prefere to download them and make it one big CD so that I don't have have albums that only last 15-25 minutes like Hospitality.

I don't know if I'll be able to find those though. It really looks I'm the only one buying his stuff everywhere I go. In Denmark, they had no clue Venetian Snares exist which surprised me because they love Electronic music there.

Worse case, I PM you for more downloads if you don't mind :)

Posted by Corrupt

Yeah, the only EP out of all of those is Greg Hates Car Culture. 2370894, Fuck America, Fuck Canada, and printf("shiver in eternal darkness-n"); have eleven, sixteen, and thirteen tracks respectively. And yes, I'd be happy to upload any of them for you to download if you do in fact have difficulty finding them. Good luck, still.

Posted by Omni

[QUOTE=Corrupt;631614]Actually, I believe that people such as Omni, Xero, and myself happen to enjoy partaking in discussions about quality electronic music very much, so fuck off.

I'd never have been interested in World's End Girlfriend if I didn't get a taste of electronica from you. Katsuhiko Maeda just seems to have a unique approach to composing and releasing his music. I haven't heard anyone else that does anything quite like him, not even his younger brother. He's just so diverse with his compositions, but "Singing Under The Rainbow" has to be one of his best songs and easily my favorite. I try to recommend his music to everyone who might take an interest, which is just about anyone with good taste.

Also, Roger, get a life and stop trying to troll me when I'm not even talking to you. Seriously, fuck off and stop posting if you haven't got anything to add to this discussion.

[quote]Anyway, what's the scoop on any new WEG material, PHM? Any upcoming releases that would deserve a worthwhile mention? I'd also hope that he continues producing music under his World's End Boyfriend moniker, as that stuff has been some of my favorite music he's ever put out.

He did an album called Hurtbreak Wonderland this year, which I have and keep forgetting to upload for you. It's really good, I just wish I could find a smaller bitrate copy than 320kbps, because it's such a huge file. It's not that big a deal, I guess. I don't know if he'll do anything else as World's End Boyfriend, but I like that album as well. At least he did that one song for that compilation, and he even appeared as World's End Boyfriend on the same release. Also, have you checked out the Enchanted Landscape Escape album he released as Wonderland Falling Yesterday?

[quote]And I'd really like for Mr. Funk to come out with a new album (or at least an EP) relatively soon. Pink + Green (you did get the rest of that, right PHM?) was a very solid and enjoyable five tracks of delicious breakcore goodness, and I'm hoping for more soon, preferably with a more experimental flare and the utilization of actual instruments. That worked out so incredibly well for him on [i]Rossz Csillag Allat Sz

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting Corrupt: Actually, I believe that people such as Omni, Xero, and myself happen to enjoy partaking in discussions about quality electronic music very much, so fuck off.

There's a reason why it's only you 3 fagging up this thread, cuz no one else cares.

I still love Xero though, you two are sorta dicks :\

Posted by Omni

Quoting Roger Smith: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

IHATEU KTHXBAI ^____^

Posted by Omni

P.S.
If you don't care, don't post in the thread.

Posted by Roger Smith

Nobody cares dude.

Posted by Corrupt

Quoting Roger Smith: There's a reason why it's only you 3 fagging up this thread, cuz no one else cares.

I still love Xero though, you two are sorta dicks :\

Yes, but as long as the three of us keep adding to the discussion, this thread will still be very much alive, regardless of how little anyone else may care. Maybe Xero should move this to TFSM, where it'll not only be more appropriate, but it will also keep you from acting on your stupid impulse to come in here and constantly state how nobody seemingly cares.

And yes, we are definitely aware that we're assholes, but we take pride in it! There's absolutely nothing to be ashamed of. And it's also kind of ironic, considering that I'm being civil with you in this thread. Maybe I should just say "fuck you" and call it a day.

Anyway, PHM, my dithering self still hasn't checked out the material released under his Wonderland Falling Yesterday moniker. Maybe upload it again for me sometime (along with his newest release), and I'll make damn sure this time that I grab it!

Posted by Xero

Quoting Corrupt: Yeah, the only EP out of all of those is Greg Hates Car Culture. 2370894, Fuck America, Fuck Canada, and printf("shiver in eternal darkness-n"); have eleven, sixteen, and thirteen tracks respectively. And yes, I'd be happy to upload any of them for you to download if you do in fact have difficulty finding them. Good luck, still.

It's funny because on Aaron's main site, I don't having seen those titles. Maybe I just forgot about them or they didn't too well and disappeared on the market. I hope not.

As for you Roger, you should stop posting whatever to annoy PHM in any thread. This thread is about something unlike the other threads in this blog.

I'll move it to PHM's blog anyways. It belongs there.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: It's funny because on Aaron's main site, I don't having seen those titles. Maybe I just forgot about them or they didn't too well and disappeared on the market. I hope not.

**** Canada/America is a split with Stunt Rock. It's actually pretty good and Printf is some of his best work.

Posted by Omni

Quoting Corrupt: Anyway, PHM, my dithering self still hasn't checked out the material released under his Wonderland Falling Yesterday moniker. Maybe upload it again for me sometime (along with his newest release), and I'll make damn sure this time that I grab it!

I'll try to get around to it soon. Both of them have some of his coolest material on them, although he hasn't really done anything I didn't enjoy.

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting Corrupt: Yes, but as long as the three of us keep adding to the discussion, this thread will still be very much alive, regardless of how little anyone else may care. Maybe Xero should move this to TFSM, where it'll not only be more appropriate, but it will also keep you from acting on your stupid impulse to come in here and constantly state how nobody seemingly cares.

And yes, we are definitely aware that we're assholes, but we take pride in it! There's absolutely nothing to be ashamed of. And it's also kind of ironic, considering that I'm being civil with you in this thread. Maybe I should just say "fuck you" and call it a day.

You are the greatest. All Hail Corrupt

Posted by Xero

I don't think he cares.

Posted by Omni

Quoting Roger Smith: Your starting to fall out of my 'most respected member' slot. Donno what happened to you Corrupt.....you went....corrupt. :o

Using the same bad joke as Proto Man? Roger, don't post in my blog anymore.

PUTTIN' DOWN CORRUPT? NOT IN A BLOG I MOD

Posted by Omni

Just delete his troll posts from now on.

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting Omni: Using the same bad joke as Proto Man? Roger, don't post in my blog anymore.

Wait, this thread wasn't originally in your blog was it? Didn't someone just recently move it here? Otherwise I would've bothered.

Posted by Xero

I did. This thread wasn't black sun-ish anymore.

So I just listened to a song from World's End Girlfriend called "Singing Under the Rainbow". I didn't like it. I thought it was more annoying than anything else.

Sorry guys.

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting Xero: I did. This thread wasn't black sun-ish anymore.

See, I didn't even know that until now.

Posted by Xero

;_;

Posted by Omni

Quoting Xero: So I just listened to a song from World's End Girlfriend called "Singing Under the Rainbow". I didn't like it. I thought it was more annoying than anything else.

Sorry guys.

No big deal. I guess we all have different taste.

Posted by Xero

We do. I was sure I'd enjoy, but nope. Like I said on MSN, it didn't give me the same feeling I get from Aaron's music. WEG made me feel like a farmer picking up flowers for some reason. Weird.

Posted by Omni

The title of the song is an accurate description of what I feel like doing when i listen to it.

Posted by Xero

You feel like singing under a rainbow when you listen to it?

lol

If we're talking electronica-influenced post-rock, 65dos > WEG

Posted by Omni

WEG is post-rock- and classical-influenced electronica. The electronica side is definitely the dominant one, especially on certain songs.

Posted by Xero

And that's where it has to have some kind of theme to it. If it's the same noise (same rythm as well) from Singing under the Rainbow, then it's just redondant. Is it like that?

Quoted post: he electronica side is definitely the dominant one, especially on certain songs.

Yeah, 65dos has been heading in a more electronic sound as they progress. Less post-rock and more math rock too.

Posted by Omni

WEG's a bit more diverse and he does everything himself.

Yeah, he's definitely more diverse. I just find 65dos to be more fun to listen to. Especially in the car.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Xero: If it's the same noise (same rythm as well) from Singing under the Rainbow, then it's just redondant.

Quoting Xero: Is it like that?

*wave* :)

Posted by Omni

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Yeah, he's definitely more diverse. I just find 65dos to be more fun to listen to. Especially in the car.

Yeah, WEG isn't car music. In fact, I like to listen to Sigh in the car.

Posted by Corrupt

[quote=Roger Smith]Your starting to fall out of my 'most respected member' slot.

*you're

[quote=Xero]And that's where it has to have some kind of theme to it. If it's the same noise (same rythm as well) from Singing under the Rainbow, then it's just redondant. Is it like that?

Not at all. In fact, like PHM has said, I'd go so far as to say even the rest of Dream's End Come True is varied and interesting; "Singing Under the Rainbow" is just one beautiful piece of the puzzle. I still don't know how the hell that song can conjure up an image so mundane as a farmer picking flowers, but that goes to show you how two people can listen to the same song, and one person can get something completely different out of it than the other person. I'm reminded of an almost bittersweet storybook-type tale of nostalgia and fond memories of happy, bygone years. And as the song goes on, the memories slowly become more and more foggy (hence the layers of distortion that are added), only to come to a happy, reassuring ending within the last 45 seconds or so, signifying that the storybook has been closed, but will always be available to anyone. Maybe I'm overanalyzing it, but that's typically what I tend to do when I listen to music anyway. :cool:

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire]Yeah, 65dos has been heading in a more electronic sound as they progress. Less post-rock and more math rock too.

Is there another good example of them showcasing this progression aside from One Time For All Time, or would you say that the aforementioned album wouldn't be a good example at all? I don't know, I'd have to listen to the album again.

They came out with a new album this year. Might wanna check that out.

Posted by Omni

65 seems to have a really mathy, almost industrial edge in terms of rhythm, especially on their newer stuff.

Quoting Corrupt: Not at all. In fact, like PHM has said, I'd go so far as to say even the rest of Dream's End Come True is varied and interesting; "Singing Under the Rainbow" is just one beautiful piece of the puzzle. I still don't know how the hell that song can conjure up an image so mundane as a farmer picking flowers, but that goes to show you how two people can listen to the same song, and one person can get something completely different out of it than the other person. I'm reminded of an almost bittersweet storybook-type tale of nostalgia and fond memories of happy, bygone years. And as the song goes on, the memories slowly become more and more foggy (hence the layers of distortion that are added), only to come to a happy, reassuring ending within the last 45 seconds or so, signifying that the storybook has been closed, but will always be available to anyone. Maybe I'm overanalyzing it, but that's typically what I tend to do when I listen to music anyway. :cool:

Yeah, pretty much. Maeda is among the most diverse musicians I've had the pleasure of listening to. Some of his songs forego electronica almost completely and focus on a classical or avant-garde kind of sound. That being said, I was surprised that Xero said his music is uninteresting and unoriginal.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Omni:
That being said, I was surprised that Xero said his music is uninteresting and unoriginal.

Well I only heard one song from this artist. Make me listen to some other song to see if I enjoy more.

Posted by Omni

Next time I'm on MSN, which will be later today.

Posted by Xero

I'll be there.