DA's Weird Habits

Posted by Linko_16

THAT'S RIGHT, ****ERS. IT'S NOT ALL ABOUT ME ANYMORE.

In this thread, admit your weird habits. Stuff you do that's unorthodox or just doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Here are a few that come to me off the top of my head:

When I enter a room, I always feel like I have to close the door and lock it. It gives me a bad feeling to think anyone can just walk in.

If it occurs to me that my hands feel just a little grimey, I have to go wash them. In fact, as I type this, it's reminded me that I should go do so.

now u

Posted by Zeta

When on the computer I randomly get up and run around the room for a few seconds.

Posted by Ant

I don't have any

Posted by sniper

I sing Michael Jackson tunes while masturbating.

Posted by Lord of Spam

i feel nervous and uncomfortable if, when out in public, im forced to sit with my back to a large crowd of people. completely irational, but still.

i tend to be pretty messy and unorganized with 9/10ths of my stuff. However, if i organize something, i go into OCD level detail and get ****ED if someone messes it up.

im a pretty **** good liar and manipulator, but if i flat out say that im telling the truth, you can be 100% sure that i am. i may lie, but i never lie about lying. its sort of a weird honor thing, idk.

Posted by cool gamer dad

The boxes on the sidewalk? I've memorized how many steps I can take in between each one of them (at school) so I never step on a crack. The standard sidewalk bugs me a little, because it's like, 2.5 steps in between each, so I have to make my steps a little larger.

Quoting Linko_16: When I enter a room, I always feel like I have to close the door and lock it. It gives me a bad feeling to think anyone can just walk in.

If it occurs to me that my hands feel just a little grimey, I have to go wash them. In fact, as I type this, it's reminded me that I should go do so.

now u

We are of the same mind. Almost. To me it's not necessary to lock it, but I definitely will shut it. It's more to keep people from listening in on any conversation i have in the room. And every thirty minutes or so of games, my hands get grimey and I can't focus unless I go wash them.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting cats: The boxes on the sidewalk? I've memorized how many steps I can take in between each one of them (at school) so I never step on a crack. The standard sidewalk bugs me a little, because it's like, 2.5 steps in between each, so I have to make my steps a little larger.

Woah, we are of the same mind... almost. I do the same kind of thing. Sometimes I play a little mental game where if I last touched a panel with my left foot, it supposedly turns red, and if it was my right, then it's blue, and I try to make a checkerboard pattern as I go.

Posted by Stalolin

I shower in the nude.

and occasionally find chix with dix arousing

Posted by Zeta

Quoting Stalolin: I shower in the nude.

You ****ing freak.

Posted by Slade

A couple of mine are sort of similar to some of those already mentioned.

I wash my hands pretty much any time I walk by the sink, and I have a tendency to get old church songs stuck in my head while I'm fapping. That's all I can think of right now.

Posted by Alastor

Quoting Lord of Spam: i tend to be pretty messy and unorganized with 9/10ths of my stuff. However, if i organize something, i go into OCD level detail and get ****ED if someone messes it up.

Quoting cats: To me it's not necessary to lock it, but I definitely will shut it.

dot

Oh, and occasionally, especially if I'm playing a game for some reason, I'll pull the collar of my shirt up over my mouth, but under my nose, and then stick my neck out a little so it'll stay there. No idea why, since it doesn't do anything. It feels funny. I do it all the time without even realizing it until after I've done it. :s

Posted by maian

I never get my room cleaned because I always end up finding a book or a mag or like a Lego book or something then start reading it :(

Posted by The Hate

I voluntarily put the strings from my hoodie in my mouth and then they get all wet. I also like to rip the plastic tips off.

Posted by The Judge

I think I'll let Ant post my weird habits, so you know I'm not lying.

Posted by Ant

maybe later

Posted by Ant

oh yeah I actually thought of one! Almost anytime I'm taking a **** and I forget to bring my DS or SP with me I'll end up taking a Q-Tip and clean my ears after making the tips slightly wet cause I hate the feeling of dry Q-tips.

another bathroom one is anytime I get out of the shower I flush the toilet. Habit formed because I would take a crap before I took a shower, but if I flushed and then got in the shower it would **** with the water temperature. so I just lowered the cover and would flush afterwards. habit stuck, even if I don't take a crap beforehand I'll still do it without even realizing it most of the time.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

ant's weird habit is bumping old threads

Posted by Ant

no last time I did it I thought about this thread.

yup, thinking about vgc on the can.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I don't actually think about VGC that much outside of posting in it. :(

Posted by Ant

I spend at least one hour a day of personal reflection...of my performance on vgc.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

u satisfy me hunni

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Ant: oh yeah I actually thought of one! Almost anytime I'm taking a **** and I forget to bring my DS or SP with me I'll end up taking a Q-Tip and clean my ears after making the tips slightly wet cause I hate the feeling of dry Q-tips.

I have to grab a Q-tip and use it any time I see, like, a jar of them anywhere, even if I'm at a friend's house. I like mine dry, though.

I really need to close my closet door before I go to bed or I get really nervous. Call it "closet monster syndrome" or something, though I've never imagined anything coming out of it.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Yeah, I've gotta have mine closed. Though, for me it's a case of needing everything closed or shut in, rather than "zomg monsters."

Posted by Alastor

Sometimes I involuntarily bend my left arm, hold it against the side of my stomach and kinda ball up my fingers a little, but not enough to make a fist. Especially when I'm walking around, but it seems to happen most at school.

No ****ing idea what that's about.

Posted by Ant

k, I just tried that out and it feels weird and doesn't look right. BUT WHATEVER.

Posted by Alastor

Like I said, it's involuntary. I never really noticed until one of my classmates came up to me and is like, "wtf y u always holdin ur arm like dat u silly."

Posted by The Hate

I have to have my lava lamp on when I go to slep cause I cant sleep when its pitch black.

Posted by Alastor

Quoting The Hate: I have to have my lava lamp on when I go to slep cause I cant sleep when its pitch black.

I'm similar. I can, but I have to be ****ing beat before I can. Normally I just leave my TV on Adult Swim with the sleep timer on, or have stuff playing in fullscreen on my computer. Both are good since they go off eventually. You get deeper sleep when there's no noise/light, but I can't go to sleep easily without either.

I'm completely opposite. My room needs to be pitch black for me to fall asleep. Though if I'm super tired I can sleep in the car or outside, or during the day no problem.

Posted by Linko_16

I usually sleep in the dark, but if I'm in a creeped out mood I'll have a light on.

Posted by Ant

haha pussy

Posted by Linko_16

Well, I mean like after a REALLY REALLY REALLY scary movie. Or after a particularly freaky trip to /x/.

Posted by The Judge

One time I woke up at about 4 am and my door was wide open. Which impossible to have it mistakenly swing open because I make sure it's shut every night.

Creepy.

Posted by The Hate

When I walk in the kitchen I walk on my toes, just because I dont wanna step on anything sticky.

Posted by Ant

I felt the need to bump this thread slightly because I realized that I like to make a hole in the middle of marshmallows and then stick my tounge in the middle as I eat them. doesn't really accomplish much. don't knock it till you try it though.

I used to do that occasionally. But I haven't eaten a marshmallow in at least two years.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Eating a bunch of marshmallows one after another is difficult. They fill me up pretty fast.

scotts: can they possibly be even bigger pussies?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

"HEY, DONT BRING NATIONALITY INTO THIS BUDDY"

Hey, buddy, you better not be throwing my own words back at me!

Posted by Ant

do I have to split this thread? I'd call it "Comparing Nations"

if you wanna split four posts, knock yourself out.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting The Judge: One time I woke up at about 4 am and my door was wide open. Which impossible to have it mistakenly swing open because I make sure it's shut every night.

Creepy.

Reading this reminded me of something creepy that happened the other night.

Last year I could no longer depend on my alarm clock because I'd tried to ignore it so much, my brain just started shutting out the sound and I wouldn't wake up at all. But this year, in college, I really needed to get up on time on my own, so I came up with this plan: if I picked something appropriate out of my music folder, put it in my music program and generated eight (or so) hours of silence at the beginning, then let it play all night with the volume cranked up, it'd wake me up quite easily and I'd never be able to get used to it because it could be a different song every night.

This worked fine as I started trying to use it. Here's how everything was set up:

o_____________o-___________
|===========||-/xx/-------|
|===========||/xx/--------|
|===========||xx/-Chair---|
|+++++++++++||x/-----------|
|++++Bed++++ ||___________|
|+++++++++++|
|+++++++++++|
|+++++++++++|
|+++++++++++|
o_____________o

The diagonal "x"-filled strip on the chair is a plank I put across the frame of the chair where I put the speakers, while the laptop itself was just on the cushions of the chair below. Seemed to be working great.

The other night, I set all this to go, then went to sleep. In the middle of the night, it started making a funny noise. You know that "dun!" noise it makes when something messes up and an error window comes up? It started making that noise rapidly, and since my mind's now trained to leap up and turn off the speakers when it makes a loud noise, that's what I did. In a sleepy haze, I realized that it wasn't time to get up yet, so I just turned around and went back to sleep, even though I noticed my computer was rebooting itself and I knew, on some level underneath my half-woken stupor, something must've been wrong.

When I woke up (on time, thankfully), there were several unusual, suspicious, and downright creepy things around in my room. My computer had shut down, which it should not be able to do by itself. The power cord had been removed from it, and was lying on the floor a few feet in front of the chair. I cannot fathom how it got pulled there. What's more I turned my computer back on and saw that it had literally 0% battery. There is no way my computer could've gotten down that low - if the power cord had been removed, it's set to go into standby after fifteen minutes of non-use, and even if it had kept going for some reason, it should go into standby automatically when there's only three or four percent of battery left.

Why did it start making that noise in the middle of the night, with no one using it and no programs (other that that audio program) running? How did the battery run itself out completely? And, most confusing of all, how did the power cord levitate itself to the middle of the room? I'd have thought it was a virus if it wasn't for that last one.

My room must have a poltergeist who hates all that noise in the morning.

Posted by Grave Wisdom

Every time I walk near a sink, I have to wash my hands. Anytime I touch anything, I feel the need to wash my hands.

Every night just before midnight, I try to turn my computer off before the clock say's 12. This is something I only started doing a few months back. Not sure how it started, or why I still do it. Probably i'm subconciously telling myself "go to bed, you fukken moron!"

And nice post Linko!

You sure you don't sleep-walk?

Posted by Linko_16

I've never slept-walked before. I brought it up with my mom, and she says that it's doubtful I'd have done it just for that night, especially since there's no history of sleepwalking in my family.

That's pretty creepy, linko. GHOSTS!

Posted by Ant

yeah, I'm sure I've mentioned this before; but I've had a glass bottle up on my shelf some how fall off and **** near hit me in the head. scared the **** out of me. but it seemed like a little bit of force was put into it so it didn't just fall off, like it was slightly pushed off.

but uh yeah...

Posted by Grave Wisdom

Lot's of crap like that happens around here. Funny thing is, i'm almost used to it by now.

Posted by Linko_16

Thess ees gitting crippy.

Posted by Ant

what?!

delayed response much?

Posted by Slade

do I have to split this thread? I'd call it "Comparing Nations"

Posted by Grave Wisdom

what?!

Posted by The Hate

Everytime I walk by my sister I give her a shitty look. I dont know why she just laughs at me lol.