Need some game buying advice

Posted by mugman

I bought a slim line ps2 the other day with gt4,MGS:SE and GTA:SA and im very happy with them. However those were the main reason i bought a ps2 and am suffering from buyers remorse. I am wondering whether i should take my ps2 back. I need help on what games you think i should buy that will make me change my mind and why. I've got an xbox and gamecube but getting bored of them and wanted some new games so my ps2 is good in that respect. Im still undecided please help!!!!!!!!!!!!
cheers in advance

Posted by Nizmo

You should buy some great multiplayer games if you're getting bored with your consoles; but only if you have someone else to play against. Suggestions would be FIFA & NBA Street if you like sports games. They're addictive once you know how to play properly. I don't know how someone can be thinking of returning their PS2 when they've got games like GT4 and Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater. They should keep you pre-occupied for quite a long time, especially GT4. There are many upcoming games you can also think about purchasing. Check some out on websites or magazines. You might find something that hooks your interest. I'm looking forward to a couple of games myself. Predator: Concrete Jungle looks amazing, and FFXII looks like a well-based, relaxing game too. Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory is definitely one to buy if you like stealth games and such, although, you could buy that for XBox instead.

In the meantime, do not return your PS2. It's a great console with a wide library of good games.

Posted by mugman

It wasn't that i was gunna take my ps2 back really it was regret of buying a console with the games and not having any to look forward too but cheers for the reply any way.
I've added to ur reputation as well for thanks

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Yes, I wouldn't return it, if I were you.

It depends on what type of games you enjoy playing. I mainly play RPG's, so I'll suggest games such as Shadow Hearts, Jade Cocoon 2, Drakan: The Ancient's Gates, Final Fantasy X...

Posted by vash121

GET RE4 FOR PS2 WHEN IT COMES OUT FOR IT

Posted by Bubblez

It's hard to tell you what games you should buy if you don't name your favourite genres. But I can really recommend the Baldur's Gate games. Or if you are into online gaming you better get the Champions Of Norrath games. They are awesome! Besides that try the Ratchet & Clank games, very good platformers.

Posted by mugman

Im into all genres really and generally like the best games frok most genre. I do however prefer action, racing and FPS to puzzle and rpgs. I also like games with customization and such. Games with challenges that are hard are good for me too but i get bored of games after about 50 hours play. Probably take longer to get bored with rpgs and racers. Also any good co-op games would be nice.

Posted by Arczu

I think you are one of those people who will go through a game once, then not touch it again after a long period of time. Perhaps you should go and look for a few games and find out what you can about them. If it sounds like a game you would like to play then you can go out and get if (be it still reasonably available in today's market).

Obviously sticking to one game for a long time can get tiring, but have a lot to choose from gives you room to spread your interest more.

And believe me: there are TONNES of good games that have been out for years. Sometimes, you find lots of games you like on older consoles, and it will cost you less. Getting a new game these days can end up costing you $80!

Posted by saint sinner x

well let's see u said u like challenging games so DEVIL MAY CRY3 would literaly make you wanna beat the **** out of the ps2 as for puzzle games a good game is fantavision excelllent lighting textures and graphics and as for FPS time splitters future perfect will do you good besides it's a very fast fps
it's pretty crazy and it has online play.................................................

Posted by Burn

I second Timesplitters: Future Perfect. Not ground breaking or anything, but it is definitely fun to play in single and multiplayer. Plus they have a map maker that can enteratin for a while that you can trade and play online. There is also *** of War that people are talking a lot about. There isn't much else coming out this month for PS2 except for Fifa (soccer obviously) and Area 51 (FPS kinda like halo). Good luck... don't sell it back.

Posted by The_Essence_Vortex

Quoting vash121: GET RE4 FOR PS2 WHEN IT COMES OUT FOR IT

Not a good idea at all. RE4 for PS2 will be nowhere near the level of greatness it is for the GC. The controls will be way more awkward and the graphics won't look as good as it does on the GC. Plus, didn't Capcom just break an exclusive deal with Nintendo when they decided to go put it on the PS2?

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

For single player, you cannot go wrong with Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy X & X-2, GTA VC and SA, as well as the others that everyone else has named.

Posted by Virgil07

I totally second Devil May Cry 3 for an action and challenging game. I'm barely through the 5th mission. Also, you should check GOW its like DMC3 except easier and "supposedly" better. But, i think DMC3 is better.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

Yeah, for RE4 get the Cube version. The PS2 handles it in a different way, and it means that while the textures are better, the polygon count is lower.

Now I'm off to delete my thread with the same topic and edit it into this one.

EDIT: Here, my text from the other thread. Would LOVE some feedback on this.

I should be getting a PS2 next week - finally - and I'd quite like to know what you guys think are the better games for the system, out of the reams of garbage that is already out. I've already earmarked a couple - MGS3, GTA:SA (and possibly VC as well, although that depends on price) and Burnout 3, along with maybe a couple of budget titles that catch my eye, such as Mega Collection Plus or something, I don't know.

Any help you guys could give me in picking these out would be greatly appreciated - while I might keep up to date with the systems I do have, I rarely check releases for the ones I don't, so my PS2 knowledge is severely lacking.

Bear in mind that I live in the UK, so you can suggest something that's just been released in the US - I just might have to wait for it to come out over here. Oh - and don't suggest Katamari Damacy or Alien Hominid either - as much as I'd like them, The former isn't seeing a UK release until KD2 is out, and I'll be importing the Cube version of AH since it's easier to run imports on my Cube, and the release date is off into the distance.

Also, as a side-note - if anyone could tell me how the PS2 Ape Escape games compare to the original, I'd appreciate it.

Cheers.

Posted by Random

Hey it's up to you. I personally Love MGS 3 and GT 4. I'm not much for San Andreas which is going to the xbox next month I do believe. Sony Doesn't have a ton of great games but it has a huge library. I sold mine off but got another one. You make the decision. Is it worth keeping? Do You need the money etc etc..

Posted by naughtydogy

Quoting mugman: I bought a slim line ps2 the other day with gt4,MGS:SE and GTA:SA and im very happy with them. However those were the main reason i bought a ps2 and am suffering from buyers remorse. I am wondering whether i should take my ps2 back. I need help on what games you think i should buy that will make me change my mind and why. I've got an xbox and gamecube but getting bored of them and wanted some new games so my ps2 is good in that respect. Im still undecided please help!!!!!!!!!!!!
cheers in advance

buy jak and daxter the precursor legacy,jak2,jak3,ratchet and clank,nfl street ball,kingdom hearts,or.....better yet,LEISURE SUIT LARRY!!!!!!!