Should Omni mod Music with Vampiro?

Posted by Oforia

I think that Omni knows his stuff when it comes to the field of music and he would be a great addition to the VG Chat staff. He has proved that he is a great member by contributing multiple times to VG Chat. Music is definitely his expertise. He works well with Vampiro, so we have seen in his blog. He is very active, and many of the members here like him. I think it is about time he gets a shot that he deserves for a mod position.

So, do you think Omni should be modded in the Music forum?

Posted by Stalolin

vamp does a fine job with the music board from what i've seen

don't add what you don't need, but if we did need someone, Omni would be the first choice

Posted by Oforia

Granted, we don't necessarily need it; however, we also don't need all the other mods that are taking up slots. I think that omni would contribute greatly if he were modded. Many of the current mods contribute to their forums, but are not really "needed". It just adds structure to VG Chat and establishes somewhat of a community framed around the boards. Omni would be a great addendum, even though new mods are not required. Hell, we don't need all the super mods we currently have. We don't even need as many mods that we have. It would be adequate if we just had 1 admin, 1 super mod, and a few forum mods. Sure, the mods would have to be decent (none of this dexter mess), but that is irrelevant. Having mods that excel in certain areas adds structure and benefits the growth of vgchat's memberbase. I am in favor of recycling the old mods, and keeping the ones that excel, while getting rid of the inactive ones. Maybe the way to do that would be to add new mods that are better, while getting rid of the old ones who obviously do an inadequate job.

Posted by Iris

I think Vamp is enough as well. Also, this isn't a community decision anyways.

I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but VGC isn't serious business. We have inactive mods because Jesse's lazy, our mod staff could always be more competent,and we could weed out every unneccessary person if we wanted to. We manage fine though, and no matter who we mod where and who we get rid of, VGC isn't going to become some spotless, newbie-free, well-mannered video game discussion group.

Posted by Oforia

I wanted to see what the community had to say about the situation. Obviously, he will not be modded without the consent of the current mods; however, it would be nice to see what everyone thinks about it. Even though the community does not have the final say, they are still what keeps the forum going, and should have somewhat of an influence on the situation at hand.

Posted by Ant

eh, maybe later.

Posted by Iris

Edited my post in response to your second one. And I imagine PHM would be well-received with the userbase, but that's not the point.

Posted by Xenos

As some said before, only if we need it.

Posted by Oforia

The traditional purpose of a mod is to moderate posts and keep the forum in line, yes. I imagine omni would do a great job at that. However, there is another purpose for a mod. That is to have a leadership position on the boards and to contribute to the environment where they do best. Omni knows just as much about music as anyone else on this forum, if not more. I just think he would make a great addition to the current modbase, and should be included in mod decisions. And where else would he mod but music?

You are right on the sense that it really doesn't matter if he is well-received, however, you can treat it as if it were bonus points on his "resume". He obviously will not have any problems with the userbase, except for people like Roger Smith (although he isn't the only one), but that isn't the point. The point is that he will be well-received by 95% of the community, and there is no point in holding him back if so many people like him.

Also, another plus. He is very active, unlike some of the other mods.

Although, we do not have a huge spam problem here at vgc, it does have it's holes. For example, there is no validation when registering. It is very easy to get around the perma-ban, if you just clear your cookies. This makes vgc very accessible to spammers, as we have seen in the past. I can name a few names off the top of my head. I remember Stalolin was the only mod on at one point where vgc was under a massive attack. We have way to many incompetent mods on this forum, and Jesse won't do anything about it. However, we can treat this problem by adding more competent mods. This is not a major problem, but it has been in the past.

Posted by Stalolin

i highly doubt large boxes of text are going to change anyone's opinion on this, despite how good the points you're making are :(

Posted by Oforia

I try. :(

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I already suggested that Future Sound be merged with Music, and in that Omni become a mod. But, this would only ever happen if we didn't have a lazy admin. Thus, there's really no discussing this.

Posted by Oforia

That would be good, but there is a single problem with that. The Upload thread is the main feature of the Future Sound and that is really shady if it is on the main boards. It makes it a lot easier to people who are not familiar with VG Chat's structure. Jesse doesn't really need legal issues on his hands.

Although, it would be nice if he did get rid of inactive mods. Regardless, he is still lazy.

Posted by Omni

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: I already suggested that Future Sound be merged with Music, and in that Omni become a mod. But, this would only ever happen if we didn't have a lazy admin. Thus, there's really no discussing this.

Ah, laziness, killer of many great ideas.

Quoted post: That would be good, but there is a single problem with that. The Upload thread is the main feature of the Future Sound and that is really shady if it is on the main boards. It makes it a lot easier to people who are not familiar with VG Chat's structure. Jesse doesn't really need legal issues on his hands.

Already discussed in the mod forum. Plus it's just as easy to view any part of the board as any other.

Posted by Oforia

Not really. I am sure many of the new members have no idea the blogs are even there.

good thing we barely ever get new members then! also hundreds of other, bigger forums do it etc

Posted by Oforia

We get a lot of traffic each day, much more than other similar forums, etc. Just because people don't register, doesn't mean they are not crawling the boards. I believe the upload thread is in a much safer position. Although, you are probably right, it really wouldn't matter. Though, I am sure that it is still somewhat sketchy and could see the reasoning behind keeping it in the blogs.

Posted by Iris

We get google spiders and such every day. Not quite sure how they work, but I imagine they've already hit the upload thread anyways. Still, it is a lot less sketchy if it's in a blog.

Posted by G-Sides

no :s vamp = good enough and it's not like the music forum was ever high maintenance to begin with

YOU'D BE SURPRISED. Actually, those bots that post gibberish have really been diggin' on my boards lately.

Posted by G-Sides

:( well it was boring when i modded it with dexter :mad:

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Except the music forum doesn't need another mod. :/ Plus, this thread is useless. Regular members have next to no say, you know.

Posted by S

As much as Omni would make for a decent mod, Vampiro is doing fine by himself. Unless Vampiro whole-heartedly needs help, and isn't doing it just to get Omni a spot on the mod board, it probably won't be considered. And as things are, its pretty evident he doesn't need it. Sorry Omni.

Posted by Oforia

Although, as I said before, we don't really need any regular forum mods. They are just helpful for small tasks and greatly contribute to the community, which omni is good at.

And no, this thread is not useless. It has obviously sparked somewhat of an interesting discussion.

Posted by Omni

If I was to be a moderator, I'd probably be better put to use on a board or boards which I take interest in that don't have active moderators but actually need them. I don't even know if there are any right now.

Posted by Grave Wisdom

I voted yes, although there probably isn't any pressing need for another Mod there. Vamp does an excellent job, and he doesn't seem to be struggling at all. Oforia brought up some good points however. So would it be a good idea to add Omni as a mod? I'd think so, but it's not like I have any real say in this.

Posted by S

Quoting Oforia: Although, as I said before, we don't really need any regular forum mods. They are just helpful for small tasks and greatly contribute to the community, which omni is good at.

And no, this thread is not useless. It has obviously sparked somewhat of an interesting discussion.

He's doing a fine job of that without moderator powers. I don't see how those will change anything. I contributed to my forum, it needed moderators, and that's why I was mod'd there. I was not mod'd in order to contribute to the forum. And though none of you care for it, it still applies.

MOD ME TO XBOX OR GENERAL GAMING RATHER THAN WHOEVER CURRENTLY HAS IT

Posted by mis0

No. They're like slightly less than identical twins already. May as well just mod Vamp twice or replace Vamp with two Omni's. Same thing.

HIGH FIVE, OMNI

Posted by mis0

VAMP = OMNI, yet he can highfive Omni? Isn't that clapping? PARADOX

It doesn't work that way. gees you're dumb.

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=Oforia;628517]So, do you think Omni should be modded in the Music forum?

No..
Let's break..
..the law.
Come'on.
Let's ****ing break it.

Posted by Omni

Quoting mis0: No. They're like slightly less than identical twins already. May as well just mod Vamp twice or replace Vamp with two Omni's. Same thing.

I LOL'd, and I don't know why.

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: HIGH FIVE, OMNI

HIGH FIVE!

Posted by Xero

Sure. I don't really care.

Posted by Hyper

other boards need mods. music doesn't.

Posted by Roger Smith

Omni practically helps run the music forum in some way shape or form, so modding him would be giving him needless power. Plus, he already has a music blog so what's the point to it?

Vamp can rule fine on his own.

Posted by Omni

Stop posting in this thread. I don't need to mod music with Vampiro. He does better than most of the other mods on his own.

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting Omni: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

That's all I got out of that post. Don't be sad cuz I don't deem you fit to mod Music just so you can abuse it by deleting posts made by ppl who like bands that you don't like.

Also, tie breaker lol. gb2 Future of Sound and Music ***** :cool:

Posted by Sable Wind

****, Oforia, were all those words necessary for the simple few things you had to say? ****, man.

Posted by Omni

Quoting Roger Smith: That's all I got out of that post. Don't be sad cuz I don't deem you fit to mod Music just so you can abuse it by deleting posts made by ppl who like bands that you don't like.

Except that I don't really want it. Vamp explained exactly why I don't need to be a Music mod. If I was a mod, I'd probably give you an infraction. I delete posts that I don't like in my blog because it's my blog, and everything that qualifies to be deleted is clearly explained in my rules thread. In other words, talk about things I care about or get out.

[quote]Also, tie breaker lol. gb2 Future of Sound and Music ***** :cool:

You're just mad because you failed at trolling my blog and I deleted your posts, I get it.

gb2 Potato Plaza

Posted by Shade

Sure

Posted by Hyper

Quoting Roger Smith: That's all I got out of that post. Don't be sad cuz I don't deem you fit to mod Music just so you can abuse it by deleting posts made by ppl who like bands that you don't like.

you're an idiot.

Posted by Omni

Hyper, have I told you lately that I love you?

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting Omni:
You're just mad because you failed at trolling my blog and I deleted your posts, I get it.

Actually, Xero moved the thread into your blog without me knowing. So technically I wasn't trolling your blog, so blame Xero lol.

[quote]gb2 Potato Plaza

I'll meet you there rep whore.

Posted by Omni

Quoting Roger Smith: Actually, Xero moved the thread into your blog without me knowing. So technically I wasn't trolling YOUR thread, so blame Xero lol.

Funny, because I didn't say it was my thread, I said it was in my blog. You pretty much just admitted to trolling me without realizing what board you were in.

Posted by Roger Smith

Yes, BUT I wouldn't have done it in your blog had I known. I would've done it Wacko or BS like usual. I've more honor and respect then you think good sir.

Posted by Iris

Come on, ladies, there's no point in fighting over Angelwing. She's mine.

Posted by Omni

You can have her. I'm too much of a fag anyway.

Posted by Roger Smith

It's true. Once a week I go to wherever Jonathan lives and we have expected but sex.

Posted by Omni

You'd know how to spell my name if that was true. Idiot.

Posted by Oforia

****, it censored n[COLOR="White"]ig[/COLOR]ger

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting Omni: You'd know how to spell my name if that was true. Idiot.

Is it true?

Posted by Xero

Quoting Roger Smith: Actually, Xero moved the thread into your blog without me knowing. So technically I wasn't trolling your blog, so blame Xero lol.

DON'T INCLUDE ME IN YOUR STUPID ARGUMENTS! :grrr:

Posted by Omni

Quoting Roger Smith: Is it true?

No, sorry. I have standards.

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting Xero: DON'T INCLUDE ME IN YOUR STUPID ARGUMENTS! :grrr:

All I said was the truth, you moved the thread. Don't get all pissy over it dude.

Also Omni, your insecurity of your own sexuality being challenged is apparently upsetting you. Calm down yo.

Posted by Xero

I'LL GET ****ED OFF IF I ****ING WANT TO. :grrr:

Edit: I did my stupid post for the night.

Posted by Hyper

Quoting Oforia: ****, it censored n[COLOR="White"]ig[/COLOR]ger