Is Metroid Prime worth my time?

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

It came with my Gamecube but I never really played it.

Posted by Zeta

Yes, if you're not one of those people that hate backtracking.

Nah, unless it becomes annoyingly excessive.

Posted by Zeta

idk lol

Give it a go. Just bear in mind that it's puts more focus on exploration. The only really combat heavy areas are the Phendrana Drifts labs and the Phazon Mines.

I generally enjoy exploring (exclude sailing anyone?) so it should be ok.

Also, you have inspired me to play Enter the Dragonfly, which will probably be garbage but oh well!

Posted by Zeta

NO NO NO DO NOT TOUCH THAT MISERABLE PIECE OF ****!

It's like one of the runner ups for worst game ever. :(

But it's spyro's hottest adventure ever!

Is the 'story' more pathetic than usual? Are the characters even more annoying? Or does Spyro just have a horrid VO? Or maybe all combined?

Posted by Zeta

Pretty much all combined, yeah. Plus quite a few glitches.

Oh, swell. When I first bought it I tried it for a couple minutes and it was horribly slow. Not sure if that's just the PS2 version or not, though. Either way, I wonder how much it'll sell on ebay. Some poor smuck must want it!

Posted by Roger Smith

I'm assuming you've played the original Spyro games Lisa?

Posted by Dexter

If you're into games, generally, you should find something about Metroid Prime that you'll enjoy. I already had a history of Metroid games behind me so it was pretty much a given that I was going to like Prime. It is a gorgeous game. The music and environment are two aspects you should appreciate. Knowing you like I do, I think you will grow bored with the adventure. I'd be surprised if you finished it and even more surprised if you liked it enough to play Prime 2.

Super Mario Strikers Charged and Prime 3 are my two game gets for August. Bioshock is my rental.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Prime is good. Prime 2, also good, just not as much. Some people actually think it's pretty bad compared to the first.

I'll get bored because there isn't a storyline?

[quote]I'm assuming you've played the original Spyro games Lisa?

Yes. First one is the best.

Posted by Roger Smith

Year of The Dragon was the best next to the original I think.

Also, play Prime then proceed to buy Echoes.

Posted by Dexter

Matters if you need a storyline to stay interested. I don't care for stories when it comes to the Prime games as much as I care for that awesome isolated feeling. You'd probably become more bored due to the lack of intense action.

Prime storylines? lol

Prime is all about the world and scanning creatures.

Posted by Dexter

Yeah, I can't imagine Lisa being motivated to scan all the creatures or even more than 12. I actually take the time to read their info.

Meh, don't like any of the characters. Too **** annoying.

And yeah, Prime seems pretty good so far.

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting Dexter: Yeah, I can't imagine Lisa being motivated to scan all the creatures or even more than 12. I actually take the time to read their info.

Indeed. I do the same with Morrowind and Oblivion. IT'S WHAT MAKES THE GAME INTERESTING :mad:

Posted by Dexter

Oh gosh, I remember taking the time to read the books in Morrowind. I was hardcored into that game.

Posted by Roger Smith

I praise Beth for putting all the time and effort into writing all the lines of text in the books of Morrowind and Oblivion.

I did the same. In Oblivion too. There were some **** good books in both games.

Posted by Dexter

I did with Oblivion, but not entirely like I did with Morrowind.

Posted by Zeta

I remember when I first played Prime. Didn't really want it, was hoping my GCN would come with Wind Waker. From the Parasite Queen and onwards I shat bricks.

Yeah, I know it won't have a storyline, and scanning isn't so bad. I think it'll be interesting. And wtf? I'm getting motion sickness? how gay.

Posted by Dexter

Prime 2 was good, but it certainly felt repetitive after the original. I think if I went through Prime 2 first, I would have liked it better.

Posted by Roger Smith

Cool thing: Whore the Power Beam for a good constant 4 seconds or so then release. You'll see some transparent heat vapor coming from her cannon.

Also, leave Samus idle for a little bit and she'll start tinkering with her cannon lol.

Prime is superior for lack of ammo. Does anyone know if Prime 3 has ammo for its various laser cannons?

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

[quote=Angelwing;628100]Yeah, I know it won't have a storyline, and scanning isn't so bad. I think it'll be interesting. And wtf? I'm getting motion sickness? how gay.

thats the awesome feeling of I get in gears

oh, in prime, you end up shooting things, a lot of things, with your hand :amy:

Yeah, I ran out of ammo.

And why am I getting nauseous? It's never happened before whilst playing games. :(

Posted by Zeta

[quote]Yeah, I ran out of ammo.

lol wut?

IS IT THE VISOR? I know somehow who got sick because the visor made them feel like they were PART OF THE ACTION!

Quoted post: lol wut?

missiles I'm guessing.

Yeah. Ha, I dunno what it is, but it's pretty frustrating. :(

Stop using missiles like they're your main cannon. Your main beam does the trick most of the time, and once you unlock the rest the missiles are needed even less. But man, if you think that **** sucks, wait until MP2. You get two different beams and both have ammo. AND you gotta walk around in a poisonous environment half the game jumping from one little beacon of light to the next. It really wasn't that fun.

Posted by Zeta

YOU MUST FIND KEYS TO ACCESS THE AREA'S MAIN BOSS LOL

But missiles are nifty. Yeah, I'll stick with the beam mainly.

MP2 isn't sounding too great. Is it at least partially fun?

Yeah... it's Metroid. But there's just too many annoying parts. A lot of it is clearing out one area and figuring out how to get to that area's dark dimension and then clearing out the same area all over again... just in a purple shade.

Posted by Zeta

Quoting Angelwing: MP2 isn't sounding too great. Is it at least partially fun?

The bosses are great, but the environments are pretty meh, save for Sanctuary Fortress.. Plus key hunting is somewhat annoying

Which was the morph ball maze boss? Because that was the only good one.

Posted by Zeta

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Which was the morph ball maze boss? Because that was the only good one.

Spider Guardian was pretty ****ing fun. I want more Morph Ball bosses like that.

On my first playthrough I spent like an hour fighting Chykka. :(

MP1's bosses were so much more cool.

Posted by Stalolin

everything about mp1 was better than mp2

though the best moment in mp2 is when you get the light suit and you're like "lol i'll never be afraid of the dark again"

Posted by Ant

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Which was the morph ball maze boss? Because that was the only good one.

that boss was a ****ing *****. and it was the last boss I fought. lost interest with the game after that :(

Posted by Zeta

Everyone that had trouble with the Spider Guardian is a ****ing failure in my eyes.

Posted by Ant

you suck at re4 etc

Quoted post: that boss was a ****ing *****. and it was the last boss I fought. lost interest with the game after that

I heard people had a problem with him, though I beat him my first time =/

Posted by Ant

WELL LAH DE F[COLOR="Lime"]U[/COLOR]CKING DAH! you f[COLOR="Lime"]u[/color]cking c[COLOR="Lime"]u[/COLOR]nt as[COLOR="Lime"]s[/COLOR]face

:( Ten bucks says if I attempted it again I wouldn't be able to do it. That happens a lot. It's like beginner's luck or something. You get through it the first time but subsequent attempts **** you up bad.

Quoting Ant: that boss was a ****ing *****. and it was the last boss I fought. lost interest with the game after that :(

STOP SUCKING AT VIDEO GAMES

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

spider guardian? as in, the guy you fight in the big ice pit?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH ant u baby

This thread title rhymes.

no, the morph ball maze boss.

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

lmao, that morphball boss was a pain in the *** but it made me lol after losing to it so many times

I liked it better than MP1, I had more problems with the first than the second 8), plus you get the chocolate and vanilla beams

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;628797]no, the morph ball maze boss.

I don't remember that one.

Quoted post: lus you get the chocolate and vanilla beams

yeah, which sucked. The only good thing about them was the fact that the light beam looked awesome

Quoted post: I don't remember that one.

It's the only enemy you fight in a maze.

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;628806]yeah, which sucked. The only good thing about them was the fact that the light beam looked awesome

That cereal did suck, what was kellogs thinking :(

Posted by Zeta

Quoting The X: I don't remember that one.

Sanctuary Fortress. That thing you had to make roll into some generators or something.

Posted by Ant

Quoting Angelwing: STOP SUCKING AT VIDEO GAMES

I'll never stop.

HEAVEN OR HELL LET'S ROCK

Posted by Ant

yea i'd pwn any1 @ ggxx

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=Ant;629206]yea i'd pwn any1 @ ggxx

x-boks live go!

Xbawks can't do fighters. Especially when you need to rely on one or two frames. Ugh, Virtua Fighter is going to be really bad =/

Posted by Ant

lol ya only on ps2 or arc buddy

Posted by Stalolin

ps2 fag

don't even have the not-so-cheap robo-ky with your filthy ps2 copy of the game

faggot

Posted by Ant

lol ps2 roboky version iz teh **** yo

Quoted post: lol ya only on ps2 or arc buddy

I'm talking online.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

all my fightan gaemz are on xbox :(

I've been holding off on buying VF5 just to get it on the 360... hopefully it's worth the wait.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

September release, right?

may get

I'll definitely get it if online is solid. Otherwise, I've already played the **** out of it, so here's hopin'

My two(?) fightan gaemz are on PS2. I never play them. :(

You'd suck at VF5 then. I'd say it's easily the most in-depth and complex fighter out there.

Posted by Ant

3d sux lol

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Ant;633585]3d sux lol
STREET FIGHTER EX JADED YOU TOO, HUH :(

I still play the ROM for the lulz.

3D sucks if it's anything other than VF5

Posted by Zeta

3D sucks if it's anything older than Starfox.