Buy, Sell, and Trade (and Wanted) - Virtual Boy Edition

Posted by GKKleiner

[SIZE="7"]Please see [url=http://www.vgchat.com/showpost.php?p=382129&postcount=3]this post[/url] for Buy/Sell/Trade/Wanted rules.[/SIZE]
----- The following is the original post from GKKleiner -----

Hello,

I have cruised these forums a bit, and just wanted to say I'm selling 3D Tetris (US) with instruction manual. I'm trying to sell locally to avoid getting jacked. I'm in Berkeley,CA. I've listed it on Craigslist, if anyone is in the bay area and needs it. Make me an offer if you're interested. Thank you.

Posted by dacart14

Hi all I am after the following games:
3D Tetris
Nesters Bowling

Any Jap only releases

and a box for my Jack Bros!

Any help would be appreciated!

also am after a battery holder/pack for my VB

Cheers with any help guys!

Posted by lameboyadvance

Since most VB fans that manage to make it to this board never stop buy the actual [url=http://www.vgchat.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36]Buy, Sell, and Trade[/url] forum, I've decided to start up a thread for Virtual Boy related items.
Please post anything non-VB in the proper forums.

A few guidelines will help with possible confusion:
* Please clearly state whether you are buying, selling, trading or you want something
* Clearly state what it is you are buying, selling, trading or wanting. Including extra information such as box/manual/condition would help.
* If buying - state how much you are willing to pay (with and without shipping preferred, to give potential sellers an idea). Also state which country you are in (exact location optional), as this will help with shipping/postage estimates.
* If selling - state how much you are willing to sell it for (again, with and without shipping preferred, to give potential buyers an idea). Also state which country you are in (exact location optional), as this will also help with shipping/postage estimates.
* If Trading - state what it is, and what you want to trade it for. Providing multiple trade alternatives may help with trades. If additional cash may be involved, state how much. Again, state which country you are in (exact location optional), as this will help with shipping/postage estimates.
* If wanting - state clearly what you are looking for, and how much you are willing to pay (with and without shipping preferred, to give potential sellers an idea). Also state which country you are in (exact location optional), as this will help with shipping/postage estimates.

Hopefully this will help those wishing to buy/sell/find some Virtual Boy jems! :D

EDIT: For some reason this isn't at the top of the thread, so I added a link in the first post.

Posted by Boner

Yeah, I suppose this seems reasonable. Oh, and FYI....I may be putting my Virtual Bowling up for auction soon with a Buy It Now price of $1k. Free shipping of course. If I do this, it will most likely happen within the week. I will accept offers here if an offer is made before it goes up.

Toodles! :rainbow:

Posted by redrum666

i have a Nester's Funky Bowling for sale it just the cart no box or book

Posted by Boner

[URL="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180029427867"]Yeah, so here it is. My virtual bowling is on the auction block.[/URL]

I will be playing this game like crazy until the auction ends :p:

Posted by GKKleiner

I just put up my 3D Tetris cart for auction on ebay.

search for:
Nintendo Virtual Boy 3D Tetris (American/US version)
Item#260037836070

thanks

Posted by 1magus

Looking for a cheap one no games neccary simple free accesories :P

Posted by Proto Man

Looking to buy a VB for the first time. I just want it for Wario Land VB, so I am looking for that game as well. Thanks. :)

Posted by virtualworld

im thinking to buy a virtual boy but i want to know are they any good and what are they like?

Posted by lameboyadvance

Firstly, this [thread]39[/thread] provides some info on the VB. You should also check out the links provided in that thread (copied below: )
Wikipedia Virtual Boy entry @ [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_Boy"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_Boy[/URL]
Ferry, Pete and Omeba's site @ [URL="http://www.virtual-boy.org"]www.virtual-boy.org[/URL]
Kri55e, DrAetzn & Freeze's site @ [URL="http://www.vr32.de"]www.vr32.de[/URL]
David Tucker's site @ [URL="http://www.goliathindustries.com/vb"]www.goliathindustries.com/vb[/URL]

Whether it is good or not varies between people. Some hate it, others love it. The only real way to figure out if you'll like it is to actually try one.

EDIT:
:-D :-D :-D [SIZE="7"]1000th POST!!![/SIZE] :-D :-D :-D
[center]

[/center]

[SIZE="1"]...Took me long enough, and it ended up in the VB board too. :D
...Now for the next 1000...[/SIZE] ;)

Posted by Boner

Quoted post: EDIT:
:-D :-D :-D [SIZE="7"]1000th POST!!![/SIZE] :-D :-D :-D

[SIZE="1"]...Took me long enough, and it ended up in the VB board too. :D
...Now for the next 1000...[/SIZE] ;)

Ha! I had a little over 1k posts a few times. Just wait until the S-mods decide to clean house again.

Posted by HBCoffin

Hey guys, I'm selling a Virtual Boy over at the Neo-Geo forums. Please e-mail me for the link and my ebay feedback. This forum will not let me post URLs because I never post here.

E-Mail: [email]harrysbronzecoffin@yahoo.com[/email]

Posted by NMorgan

I am looking for ANY AMERICAN Virtual Boy game, but it has to be CIB. I am not interested in loose cartridges. The only game I'm not looking for is Jack Bros because I already have it. I'm also looking for the Wario Land and Red Alert "Not For Resale" demo cartridges. Please let me know if you have anything I'm looking for. I know what these games are worth and I'll pay fair market value for them. I can pay with PayPal. Contact me at servicegames812<at>gmail.com for more info. Thanks.

-Nick

Posted by buzzbuzz312

Hi i am looking for a power source for the virtual boy. Can either be battery or mains. If you have one please tell me

Posted by Bubleman

Hi !
I live in france, and I search Virtual Boy Wario Land US
Thanks !

Posted by shadowdude1794

does anyone know were i can buy a VB without using Ebay????

Posted by lameboyadvance

Not really. There used to be a few online stores that sold VBs, but they seem to have either dropped it or just run out of stock.

Your best bet is eBay. Unfortunately the VB is too old and too unknown/disliked to be stocked like other retro consoles. :(

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

check garage sales.

other than that, eBay is almost the only place were you can find one.

Posted by Bramsworth

I got a sealed copy of Golf, brand new copies of Teleroboxer and Red Alarm(both only opened and played like twice). I'll offer them all at $20 each. Email if interested as I probably won't come here to check any pms often.

Posted by Zelda_Guy

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Backup-System-Cartridge-Virtual-Boy-Programmer_W0QQitemZ140139638821QQihZ004QQcategoryZ14629QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

CHeck It OUT!!!

Posted by muffla

es en espanol y tiene nunca bids

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

smart.

post it.

so more people see it.

ha.

now im never going to get one. =[

Posted by lameboyadvance

That price is a bit steep, especially if you have a bit of electronics experience and can make it for the price of the donor cart and chips. ;)

Still, sweet find!

*moved to Buy/Sell/Trade*

Posted by realwws

hi , i just found this site. and i wanted to let ppl know here that i got sd gundam with book but no box for sale on ebay.

i will also sell mario clash demo jp soon on ebay.
if someone is interested pls contact me.

[email]realwws@gmail.com[/email]

look on ebay under worldwide

and no i am no scammer.i import and export games worldwide
i am from the netherlands

good luck bidding

Posted by realwws

cgi.ebay.com/THE-MOST-SOUGHT-VIRTUAL-BOY-GAME-SD-GUNDAM_W0QQitemZ280172090859QQihZ018QQcategoryZ8168QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Posted by Nintendo-land

Got one ;)

Posted by Angry_Sun

Water Wrold, I need it [with box and manual].

Posted by shady

I was wondering if anyone was crazy enough to sell SD Gundam Dimension Wars, i looked on ebay and someone is selling it for 780

Posted by cactuar64

hey, is anyone selling a virtual boy hard case? how much? i want to buy one for say 25 bucks? :D

Posted by lameboyadvance

I really hope you are joking cactaur64...

Posted by cactuar64

ok whats the price range on average? (im scared)

Posted by JapanesePeso

Hi guys,

I run a small import gaming store and have recently begun to expand our virtual boy section. I'd really like some feedback on the prices. It's so hard ot judge in the retro gaming market what is a fair price and what isn't. Just let me know if anything seems really offbase:

risingstuff.com/store/-c-2_195.html

Posted by SuperJoeUK

Hello there, new guy on the forums, I managed to get hold of a virtual boy and 2 games.
Sadly it did not come with a controlller, so I don't even know if it works :o(

Anyone at all know where I could hold of a controller ?
I'd take any condition as long as it works

I'm in the UK by the way...

Posted by lameboyadvance

Outside of USA/Japan, sadly the only place to find VB stuff is eBay.

If you're lucky, you might be able to find an auction for just a controller, but I don't like your chances. :(

EDIT: Since the VB uses the same controller method as NES/SNES, you might be able to wire up a SNES controller to the right pins, but IIRC the buttons don't quite match up (plus you'd be missing a d+pad)...

...Or if you're really desperate, perhaps gutting a N64 controller and using the SNES controller IC (I forget the CMOS number, think its 4016), wire it to the correct buttons on a N64 controller to get both dpads (using he C buttons), and select as Z or something. You can then just feed 5V(9V?) into the VB, and use the controller voltage input (from the VB) to power the controller IC.

Posted by SuperJoeUK

Cheers mate, I'll try the auction sites if not I'll be getting my tool kit out and having a go at creating my own ;)

Posted by SuperJoeUK

Right well I managed to get a controller from Ebay, sadly the auction was a rip off and it turned up with no battery box. Anyone know how the power feeds in to the back of the controller or the VB unit itself. I could easliy jury rig 9v but I have no idea where to feed it too :( Can anyone help ?

Posted by lameboyadvance

http://www.goliathindustries.com/vb/VBDiagrams.html

Posted by SuperJoeUK

Awesome, you are a star, and from your diagram it looks pretty simple. (9v to the back of the controller) thanks again !!!