Tales of Symphonia 2

Posted by Zeta

Set two years after ToS.

http://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/gemaga1985/13661019.html

Nothing but an image of the main characters lol.

Posted by Ant

I like the way the chick looks. slutty

Posted by TendoAddict

Wow, only two years? Seriously, how fast can a world plunge into danger right after it was saved?

But alas, can't wait for more.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=TendoAddict;626974]Wow, only two years? Seriously, how fast can a world plunge into danger right after it was saved?

But alas, can't wait for more.

oh hai there planet earth lol

I'm excited!

Posted by Dexter

Rad. Wii needs some good RPG games. Some of the ones coming out seem to be falling apart.

Posted by kissdude_44

awww man...we havent even finished disc one on the first game yet, but dont tell me how it ends, or itll be ruined for me!

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Dexter;631324]Rad. Wii needs some good RPG games. Some of the ones coming out seem to be falling apart.

...RPGs have come out for Wii already?

Posted by s0ul

Quoting Speedfreak: ...RPGs have come out for Wii already?

He clearly said coming. FUTURE TENSE, SPEEDY. ***! No wonder you're adopted. OH ****

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=TendoAddict;626974]Wow, only two years? Seriously, how fast can a world plunge into danger right after it was saved?

What, you never watched Dragonball?

[quote=s0ul;636874]He clearly said coming. FUTURE TENSE, SPEEDY. ***! No wonder you're adopted. OH ****

He said coming out, present tense. Since he is referring to an event it is therefore past tense. Your word fu is weak.

Posted by Shade

****in' a. I might need to buy a Wii now.

Posted by s0ul

Quoting Speedfreak:

He said coming out, present tense. Since he is referring to an event it is therefore past tense. Your word fu is weak.

Hm, it only just now occured to me that it could be taken as the ones that are coming out as we speak or the ones that are coming out in the future! TOUCHE, OLD FRIEND, AGREE TO DISAGREE. Hm, yes, artistic interpretation.

Posted by Zeta

http://youtube.com/watch?v=388C0j6A0RA

Trailer. Looks like Lloyd and the protagonist have something against each other.

Posted by Iris

Huh, ToS characters in the TotA design style.

I'll be getting the game, if only because of the old cast and locations. That is, if it reaches the states.

Posted by Arcadios

Dropped the first one since I wasen't drawn into it.
ToS kinda made me stay away from the Tales of series so the same will probably go with this one.

Posted by Iris

Yeah, it's no Kingdom Hearts!

Posted by Shade

Nah, probably because he played Tales of Phantasia first. Raised his standards to a level that no game can reach.

Posted by Linko_16

I hope we get to battle against all the classic characters.

Posted by S

Quoting Iris: Yeah, it's no Kingdom Hearts!

>_> I actually liked Kingdom Hearts 200% more than Tales of Symphonia. ToS had so much potential and it went and killed it with the plot line, if you ask me anyhow.

Posted by Arcadios

Quoting Iris: Yeah, it's no Kingdom Hearts!

God knows I compare every game to Kingdom Hearts! :awesome:

EDIT: Reason I didn't like ToS was mostly because of the battle system.
Story line was pretty meh at the beginning.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Arcadios: Story line was pretty meh at the beginning.

I thought so, too, but it gets better.

I noticed this more with Tales of the Abyss than with Tales of Symphonia, but if the series has a fault, it's that sometimes it devotes so much time to the plot that it forgets it's supposed to be a video game. I can go, like, a half an hour in Abyss running from town to town talking to people and watching cut scenes to advance the plot without fighting a single enemy, and it's a crapshoot whether or not the few-and-far-between dungeons even have a boss. Symphonia wasn't as bad about this, but it still suffered somewhat.

Posted by Dexter

The battle system for ToS was/still is one of the best. It was more active than most. The main story line was fine, but what I really enjoyed were all the side stories. Mostly the character stories and what developed them.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Yeah, I started playing ToS and got bored pretty quickly. I didn't play it for very long, so maybe I should give it another chance.

Posted by Dexter

It's not something you easily get involved with. It took me awhile to get into it too. You have to get through a couple twist and turns and actually develop an interest for what's going on and who you're spending your time with.

Posted by Arcadios

Maybe after I beat Zack and Wiki.

Posted by Alastor

Quoting Arcadios: Reason I didn't like ToS was mostly because of the battle system.

Then play Tales of the Abyss instead. Battle system is an insane improvement. Free run and FoF for the win.

[quote]Story line was pretty meh at the beginning.

Gets better. If you can get through the ****ing 3 and a half hour intro to Kingdom Hearts II, surely you can get through the first leg of ToS.

Posted by Shade

I'm loving how everybody is throwing Arc's love affair with Kingdom Hearts right into his face.

Posted by Alastor

Can't help it. It's easy.

Posted by Arcadios

I was a KHtard with a Nintendrone name. :(
BUT YEAH, when I get done with Zack and Wiki I'll put in ToS to make myself finish.
If it picks up like everyone else said and if it leaves me with th a craving for more I'll probably pick up ToS 2.
if

Posted by Linko_16

I recognize that the Tales series are the superior games in the name of complexity and such, but Kingdom Hearts was just as fun for me. Nothings wrong with simplicity, and despite the Disney association adding to the "kiddy" appeal, it's honestly not really a bad game in any way.

Quoting Alastor: Then play Tales of the Abyss instead. Battle system is an insane improvement.

Too bad you only battle 10%. The other 90% is flying all over the world to watch cutscene after cutscene while each character goes emo over the fact that they have a friend/family member on the side of evil or whatever.

Posted by Iris

Well, since ToS 2 is 3D, I think we can expect TotA's battle system to be implemented. After all, that's where the game really shined, so seeing it put to use in a game with a different cast and plot may be an improvement.

Posted by Zeta

[quote=GAEMPLAY]The game will use Tales of the Abyss's Flex Range Linear Motion Battle System. The player will be able to capture, breed, and level up monsters to fight alongside Emil in battle.

The Field Map won't be returning in this game. Instead, a point-and-click system using the Wii Remote will be used to navigate the world. The map that displays the world itself will be the same as the Field Map in Tales of Phantasia, except that the towns will still use their Tales of Symphonia names.

[quote=STORY]Long ago, Sylvarant and Tethe'alla were united as a single world that drew strength from the Great Kharlan Tree. Divine intervention tore them apart, however, and the Tree withered and died. It was eventually left to a boy named Lloyd to restore the world to its true form. At his journey's end, a new Tree was planted to replace the old one and to hold the two worlds together. This was the story of the Journey of Regeneration.

Together once more, the world is now entering a new era. However, its people are still faced with many problems. After the lands became one, maps were rendered useless and the climate went through many vast changes: desert towns became frozen wastelands and lakes dried up into valleys. All of this stems from an overlooked factor in the unification of the worlds: the spirit of the old Kharlan Tree, Ratatosk, still exists somewhere, and its slumber has sent the world into chaos.

However, Ratatosk isn't the only problem: the people of the two worlds are starting to hate each other. The citizens of Tethe'alla look down upon the citizens of Sylvarant due to their inferior technology, and the citizens of Sylvarant fear the citizens of Tethe'alla because of their power. Two years have passed since the worlds were first merged, and the people of Sylvarant have created a vanguard with which to rise against the Church of Martel and the people of Tethe'alla.

One day, the Church of Martel went to war the vanguard, and Sylvarant's city of Palmacosta was caught in the crossfire. Countless innocent people died and Palmacosta was consumed in a terrible fire. This event came to be known as the "Purge of Flames", a bloody massacre led by Lloyd Irving of the Church of Martel.

tl;dr Lloyd ****ed things up

Posted by Iris

Wasn't Palmacosta destroyed in the first place?

Posted by Zeta

They rebuilt. ONLY TO HAVE IT DESTROYED AGAIN! :cookie:

Posted by WillisGreeny

Quoting Zeta: They rebuilt. ONLY TO HAVE IT DESTROYED AGAIN! :cookie:

Story Writer: We need somthing important destroyed, otherwise the players won't see how serious the stakes have become.

Story Writer 2: How about that Palmacosta place?

Story Writer: But that's already been-

Story Writer 2: Rebuilt...so destroy it again.

Story Writer: ...ok...

Posted by David M. Awesome

Tales of Symphonia, **** yeah. I have to say I don't understand how any of you didn't like this game, but then again, I've played it three mother****ing times.

Posted by Alastor

So Lloyd's gone from saving the world to destroying cities of his homeworld? Alright then.

Does explain the last scene in a trailer I found, though.