Halo on the DS??

Posted by Random

I thought this was pretty interesting..

http://ds.ign.com/articles/806/806366p1.html

I had heard rumors but didn't know it was actually thought about by the people inside bungie. Looks like it could be rather interesting.

Discuss..

Posted by Zeta

It's over. Microsoft is finished.

Posted by WillisGreeny

I'm not expecting anything great for Halo if it does come out on the DS. It would have to re-invent itself to a DS interface which is always risky. Sure, there's multiplayer that would be covered, only it's going to be on 2 small screens instead of a television set. Graphics will be downgraded (not a huge deal).

I'm not sure about it really. Not that I'm against it happening. Just not expecting Halo on this platform to stand out like it has in Xbox...for obvious reasons. :o

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: I'm not expecting anything great for Halo if it does come out on the DS. It would have to re-invent itself to a DS interface which is always risky. Sure, there's multiplayer that would be covered, only it's going to be on 2 small screens instead of a television set. Graphics will be downgraded (not a huge deal).

If you read the article Bungie said if it were to ever happen they wouldn't want it to be an FPS because they don't believe the DS is an FPS machine. Rather, the game would likely be a 2D side-scroller.

Posted by Creedence

What is the world coming to?!?!?!?!

Naw, I don't really give a ****. Bungie will do whatever they see fit.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: If you read the article Bungie said if it were to ever happen they wouldn't want it to be an FPS because they don't believe the DS is an FPS machine. Rather, the game would likely be a 2D side-scroller.

ah, still feel the same. It won't be big. I knew they would have to re-invent it somehow, and I knew a FPS was a bit far fetched.

Quoted post: It won't be big.

Huh? Ten bucks says it will be if it's a quality title.

Posted by jack A.K.A cooldude

Quoting WillisGreeny: I'm not expecting anything great for Halo if it does come out on the DS. It would have to re-invent itself to a DS interface which is always risky. Sure, there's multiplayer that would be covered, only it's going to be on 2 small screens instead of a television set. Graphics will be downgraded (not a huge deal).

I'm not sure about it really. Not that I'm against it happening. Just not expecting Halo on this platform to stand out like it has in Xbox...for obvious reasons. :o

halo would probably suck on the ds...

Posted by Bebop

Quoting jack A.K.A cooldude: halo would probably suck on the ds...

It sucks on every other platform...

Halo could easily work as an FPS on the DS but Id certainly be more interested to see a 2D side scroller. If it took that route I imagine a Contra style affair.

Posted by Colonel

Halo on DS could work just fine as an FPS if they make it like Metriod Prime Hunters.

Posted by U.B.C.S. Nick

They could make it a RTS like Halo Wars...

hmm... maybe halo in 3D may look good on ds... i dont really know. plus i dont like halo much anyway though so i dont really care...

Posted by Speedfreak

Halo and mouselook don't fit together in my mind, it always felt wrong on PC.

true... so very true.

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

it definetly wont be a side scroller.

if halo does infact come to the ds, it will most likely be a rts.

Posted by muffla

i dont think they will release this, if anything they will release their first game (the title eludes me at the moment) that they are also releasing for XBLA verry much like the original doom

Quoted post: it definetly wont be a side scroller.

Why not? Even Bungie said it if it was going to be on the DS it would most likely be a side-scroller...

Posted by Death Cube K

It'd be a cool idea to put the touch-screen to use in an FPS. You could move around with the arrows and than aim with the stylus and tap to fire, or hold the stylus' tip against the screen for rapid-fire? Yeah, I'm laughing at myself too.

It would be like Metroid if it was an FPS. Which isn't actually a bad thing. But you'd tap to jump most likely, use the triggers to fire.

Posted by U.B.C.S. Nick

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: It would be like Metroid if it was an FPS. Which isn't actually a bad thing. But you'd tap to jump most likely, use the triggers to fire.

Also...
It would probably be like C&C if it was an RTS. The D-pad used to scroll around the map, with holding down the left or right shoulder buttons to scroll faster. The touch screen used basically for everything else, tap on the building/unit for infomation on the menu (if they have one) on the right of the screen. Touch and drag over the area to command multiple units and such. Probably have a unit map on the top screen plus some other infomation...That could work.

In fact, i want an RTS game like that on the DS...

It definitely won't be an RTS. Unless they decide to make a port of halo war or something...

Posted by U.B.C.S. Nick

Probably not, but a guy can dream...

Posted by muffla

i still say starcraft ds would be a best seller
[IMG]http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/5610/dsstarcraftfm3.jpg[/IMG]

not a chance

Posted by U.B.C.S. Nick

Never played starcraft before...

i have no idea why the heck the halo people would turn to the ds for another halo game! thats basically it. i dont think it'll be a good game for ds trust me. even though i dont like halo just thinking of it on DS i think it'll suck. end of story.

Posted by EvilDeadGamer

lol, Halo Wii edition, i can see it all now. lol im very surprised that bungie didnt multiplatform sooner. what is surprising is that they went to a handheld system before going multiplatform on a home console.

i can imagine halo on the Wii and it being good. but not really awesome... but once again microsoft turns to nintendo?

It could go to a handheld system without it hurting MS, but not to the Wii. That's definitely going to have a negative impact on them. It's be funny to see, but impossible.

Posted by Speedfreak

It's not impossible. I used to bullseye womprats in my old T-16 back home, they're not much bigger than two metres.

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: It could go to a handheld system without it hurting MS.

not sure. it might go with it. but it shouldn't go to Wii. Thats for sure!

Posted by dylananisa

I would possibly buy it if had good gameplay and controls.....I don't really care about graphics that much anymore

Posted by Tabascork

The DS is a better FPS machine than a 360 and PS3 combined! The graphics might suck but you got a freaking touch screen to use as a mouse pad! I personally don't like FPSs with nipple controls because you turn too slow and aim like crap. If you give me a mouse to use on the 360 I'll shut up.

PC is the best FPS platform. Period.

Posted by U.B.C.S. Nick

Using that style of FPS is hand numbing, i can play for hours on anything else but ten minutes of the touch then shoot action screwed my hand up.

Agreed though, PC is the best FPS platfrom.

Yeah... like anyone will actual argue that the PC is best for FPSs. But for hand-cramping factor alone, the DS just isn't any good for that style of control.

Posted by WillisGreeny

I hate PC FPS because you have to lean in. I like to lean back in a comfty chair.

Posted by U.B.C.S. Nick

You snooze, you lose...

Posted by Shade

FPS's suck on the DS, if Metroid works as evidence. A 2D sidescroller would be tight, though.

Posted by U.B.C.S. Nick

Metroid was ok as long as you set it so you don't use the touch screen to aim...

Posted by Shade

That was the way it was okay.

Posted by Phantom75230

sounds like a good idea, but i have one question...

what would the controls be like? :S

before i criticize the idea more i want to hear about the gameplay.

There is none. This game doesn't even exist.

well... WHAT A WASTE!

read the first post next time

Posted by GameMiestro

[quote]Having said that, O'Connor doesn't believe the DS is well-suited to the FPS genre: "The problem is the DS is not an FPS console, right? It's not an FPS handheld.

*dereps O'Connor*

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: read the first post next time

i did! i read th article too.

Then you would've known the game doesn't exist.

Posted by U.B.C.S. Nick

You never know jack, they might annouce that they are making a halo game for the DS any second now. Then you can claim you did know it was coming out...

Posted by Xero

Halo on DS? I'd never play a FPS on any kind of GB =S I don't see me and my big hands enjoying it.

I'll stick to MK and Brain Age.

Posted by TimeSkipz

Quoting Death Cube K: It'd be a cool idea to put the touch-screen to use in an FPS. You could move around with the arrows and than aim with the stylus and tap to fire, or hold the stylus' tip against the screen for rapid-fire? Yeah, I'm laughing at myself too.

I would never play that game in public, the whole image of someone tapping the stylus as fast as they can and yelling stuff like **** I HIT HIM COME ON! just doesn't interest me

Posted by Skitzo Control

[quote=Tabascork;630371]The DS is a better FPS machine than a 360 and PS3 combined! The graphics might suck but you got a freaking touch screen to use as a mouse pad! I personally don't like FPSs with nipple controls because you turn too slow and aim like crap. If you give me a mouse to use on the 360 I'll shut up.

PC is the best FPS platform. Period.
PC is no longer the best FPS platform. The games may have "better" controls (customization rules!), but you can't compare to the availability of console games and other gamers. A computer is a pain in the *** to lug around, a console is just a few easy cords. A computer requires an update for drivers, patches, video cards, or processors every few months; my console is pretty much guaranteed to be up-to-date for about three years after I purchase it.

Posted by Speedfreak

Laptops are easier to carry around than consoles and you can LAN with them easier if you have a network card. And you keep the controls and save space too.

Posted by muffla

New videos out, I kno this game will never be released but it would be soo cool, can you imagine how much these carts would sell for on ebay?
http://kotaku.com/gaming/rumor-smashed/proof-provided-of-halo-ds-still-not-a-real-game-306221.php

Posted by TimeSkipz

That was just a skin/mod from goldeneye ds take a look at that video and look at this screenshot from goldeneye [IMG]http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd178/Rddflag/okokokok.jpg[/IMG]

You do realise just about every FPS on the DS will look like that, right? You might as well just say it's a mod of Hunters.

Posted by Speedfreak

You can't just mod as DS game, especially when it's developed by a completely different company and has completely different gameplay.

Posted by Drewboy64

Some say it was developed by EA, and since that was an early build, it was similar to Goldeneye.

I don't see why people cry foul at this, though. Why the hell would Matt lie about something like this?

Posted by Klarth

The DS version of GE: Rogue Agent was outsourced to another developer.

Posted by TimeSkipz

Maybe Matt wants some more site hits??

haha, no.

I like how people still doubt the game exists.

Posted by Speedfreak

*facepalm*

Posted by wiifreak

halo on ds no way bungie leaves the halo and microsoft to do halo for ds. yeah i think it's cool i love ds but i don't belive it but i'l play if it's a real game
if it will be i think it will be cool

Posted by keybearer225

DS is awesome i think there should be a halo ds because every one plays ds and since halo left microsoft i can enjoy halo at an affordable price cuz i can't get a 360 but i have

Posted by Apathetic

Yeah chill I you know like halo on ds I play it all day.