The Offspring: Smash

Posted by avalanch

Do you like it or hate it?

Posted by Omni

What is this? Is it a song or an album? I know what the band is, but I have no idea what this thread is about.

Posted by avalanch

It's one of the albums from the band "the offspring"

Here's one track that I think is from the Smash album
http://youtube.com/watch?v=nc1dt-BF8yo

Posted by Omni

Okay, I've heard that song before. I don't like it at all.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

I think it is one of the top 5 greatest albums ever, actually

Posted by Philsdad

Quoting avalanch: It's one of the albums from the band "the offspring"

Here's one track that I think is from the Smash album
http://youtube.com/watch?v=nc1dt-BF8yo

No, that track was definitely not from Smash. It was from a movie soundtrack, though I forget which picture.

I enjoyed Smash a lot when I was back in middle school. I downloaded it again after this thread reminded me of it, and I still enjoyed it, but not as much as when I was a kid. Definitely a decent album though. I always loved the song "Bad Habit".

Posted by Corrupt

Well, I can say that I definitely like what I've heard from it. It kind of surprises me that I still haven't bought/downloaded the album after all these years, considering how much I loved listening to songs like "Keep 'Em Seperated" and "Self Esteem" on the radio back in the early nineties. I'll probably get my hands on a copy of it one way or another soon enough, and I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy it as much, if not more, than the two aforementioned songs.

And wasn't Smash their debut album, if I'm not mistaken?

Posted by Admiral Anthrax

Love it. I still like listening to Bad Habit when I'm driving irresponsibly though various windy roads on the way out to the desert.

Posted by Ch

My sister got that album when it first came out and I've loved it ever since. genocide is my favorite song off of it.

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Philsdad: No, that track was definitely not from Smash. It was from a movie soundtrack, though I forget which picture.

It was in the film The Faculty, but it was on their CD Americana first, which came out 2 years after Smash.

Smash and Dookie was, for the most part, all I listened to from 1994 to 1999. Dexter rawks.

Anyone ever see the film Idle Hands, in which Dexter gets owned big time.