Wiis Breaking! WiiConnect24's Fault! Conspiracy!?

Posted by Big Boss

[URL]http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=168462[/URL]

Quoted post: WiiConnect24, a system built into Wii to keep the console constantly connected to the internet when on standby, is reported to be causing consoles to develop faults.

A number of disgruntled gamers are hitting internet forums saying their consoles have broken after being left on standby with WiiConnect24 enabled for long periods of time.

Nintendo is finished.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

WC24 is so **** unreliable. This does not surprise me. :(

Posted by crelda

Why do Nintendo say there have been no reports in the UK?

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Wait, wait, wait, wait. Let me digest this for a second. This generation... the only console that's not breaking and not getting bricked... is a Sony machine? What has science done?

Posted by crelda

Also. How long is prolonged? Hours? Days?

Posted by Fate

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Wait, wait, wait, wait. Let me digest this for a second. This generation... the only console that's not breaking and not getting bricked... is a Sony machine? What has science done?

This freakin' astounds me, too. Last time I heard something breaking was that game show. I think it was the Tokyo one.

Posted by Colonel

Son of a......

I hope this does not happen to me.

Posted by WillisGreeny

just turn it off then :D

It's interesting to see that this problem is only being reported in forums, and not to Nintendo. Either Nintendo is lying about it happening, or Xbox 360/ PS3/attention wanting a-ssholes are starting this to destroy Wii's momentum in sales.

Posted by Kit

I don't use my Wii enough for this to bother me, so I don't care. :)

Posted by Speedfreak

"Long periods of time" being 6 months. I could've sworn there were reports of PS3 problems too.

Posted by Axis

I've barely even heard of PS3 problems. Even when I worked at a game store we never had a PS3 returned because it broke.

Posted by Speedfreak

Ah well, we'll see if folding@home causes any damage to PS3.