Australia's Reading Challange

Posted by loony636

Get a load of this:

Quoting Steve Bracks of the Victorian Government of Australia: Reading is not only an important skill for all Victorians, students and adults, it's a great way to relax and think, imagine or learn about other things, places, people and ideas. You can take a book anywhere and time spent reading is always well spent. I read every day and would like to encourage and challenge you to do the same.

Your challenge is to read 12 books by 16 August this year, 10 or more from my recommended Booklist. I will send a signed certificate to all students who meet this challenge.

Joining me in announcing this challenge are sponsors, The Age and the State Library of Victoria, as well as a number of writers, illustrators and media people who will be Ambassadors for the Challenge in 2005. They will be visiting schools, reading and talking about books with students, schools and parents who are involved.

The Victorian Premier's Reading Challenge is open to all Victorian students from Year 3 to Year 9. You will find all the answers to your questions and information you need to know to take the Challenge on these web pages. Good luck! Enjoy your reading!

Steve Bracks

Premier of Victoria

Do you think you are up to the challange?

Posted by higbvuyb

Oh scary! 12 books!

Who can't read 12 books in a few months?

Posted by loony636

Quoting higbvuyb: Oh scary! 12 books!

Who can't read 12 books in a few months?

Hey, don't be cruel to those people who can't read 12 books in 3 months. Some people would find it a challange.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

I used to read more than that when I had the time. But then again, I do enjoy reading.

Posted by Aesthetic

Even if you hated reading, that would be an easy task, as long as you chose the books that were more suited for your taste. I think it'd only be a challenge for those that had trouble reading.