MGS4 gameplay - post future videos here

Posted by Fate

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/adventure/metalgearsolid4/news.html?sid=6175206&tag=topslot;title;2&om_act=convert&om_clk=topslot

So far it's only details of the gameplay but no vid yet. This is going to be so cool!

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: He also seems to have gained a new move that involves delivering a death grip to an enemy's crotch, rendering that person unconscious in an instant.

Haha, yes. MGS3?

But yeah, can't wait for a video. Sounds amazing.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

In before Bebop.

I can't wait to see it in action.

Posted by Fate

You know, one time in MGS2 I was thinking that there should be some crotch move that makes me people unconscious. It was used in MGS3's online, but only if you played as Raikov (that I remember). Now, it's fully implemented. ****ing funny as hell to see your enemy go down like that.

Yeah, the whole crotch region got quite a bit of screen time in MGS3, so it makes sense to fully implement some kind of attack. Plus, it fits is pretty well with the humour of the series. Also good to know that you can still make Snake puke.

Posted by Fate

I wonder if there's a special something you get if you don't kill anyone, just make them unconscious by crotch the whole way through. Like some kind of super item. Funny ****.

He puked if you made him run in circles before, right?

In MGS3? He puked if you spun him around and went to the inventory screen, yeah. But yeah, without a doubt there's going to be some sort of super items to unlock. They've been in every game so far. Though I can't recall the specific requirements. Was it saving Otacon or Meryl gives you different items? I can't remember. But it'll probably be something along those lines.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Save Otacon and you got the camo, save Meryl and you got the infinity band. In MGS1, that is.

Yeah, thought it was something like that. I can't even remember what the items were in MGS2.

Oh wait, right, there was like wigs and stuff. And the camo and bandanna were also in it. Chances are MGS4 will get the latter two items anyways.

Posted by Bebop

You lied to me Fate, you said there was already a gameplay video!

Crotch death kill = win

Posted by TendoAddict

Lol statue camo, reminded me so much of mario's Tanooki suit from SM3. I can just imagine snake dressed up like a racoon then turning into a stuate and the gaurds just passing like everything's normal.

ALSO:

I perdict the Crotch death kill to be Snakes Super smash attack in BRAWL.

Posted by Fate

It'd be cool and funny to use in Brawl but you have to remember that MGS is rated M while Brawl is most likely going to be T.

Posted by Bebop

I dont think crotch grabs are what sway the certificate rating system to be perfectly honest. Maybe its because MGS has blood, gore and swearing? Maybe, I dont know. Im just throwing it out there. Just throwing it out.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Quoting Bebop: I dont think crotch grabs are what sway the certificate rating system to be perfectly honest. Maybe its because MGS has blood, gore and swearing? Maybe, I dont know. Im just throwing it out there. Just throwing it out.

Remember when Cartoons use to have guns and XXX drinks in lots of their episodes? Loony Toons...if that was created today, it would most likely have been rated T when you think about it. Man, things have gone backwards...

Being able to crotch grab samus and zelda? That sounds pretty cool.

Posted by TendoAddict

Quoting Fate: It'd be cool and funny to use in Brawl but you have to remember that MGS is rated M while Brawl is most likely going to be T.

yeah well, that was a joke anyhow. Though I sure as hell can't wait to see what his smash will be.

Posted by muffla

he will probly do sum sorta time paradox from inside a box grabbing his own crotch. :)

Quoted post: Snake rolls on the ground inside it, attacking any soldiers in his path. Naturally, though, Snake was dizzy once he got back up, and we saw him throwing up.

DO A BARREL ROLL!!!

Posted by Speedfreak

I don't get it, he did all that crap to take out the first two guards then just used the tranq gun on the 3rd. I would've just used the tranq gun on all 3, it would've been much quicker.

I'm kind of disappointed that that easy tactic is still in there.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Speedfreak;628929]I don't get it, he did all that crap to take out the first two guards then just used the tranq gun on the 3rd. I would've just used the tranq gun on all 3, it would've been much quicker.

I'm kind of disappointed that that easy tactic is still in there.

Technique demonstration.

Posted by Speedfreak

Yeah, I guess. I'm not assuming the rest of the game is easy as those first few minutes, but the fact that I used that tactic the entire way through the first two games doesn't fill me with confidence.

here's the video: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/22703.html

as for the tranq gun, there could be a number of limitations applied to it, or none at all and it's just open to however the person wants to play the game. Kinda like the FPS style or regular third-person. Seems like the whole game is open to options.

Oh, and it looks pretty ****ing amazing.

Posted by Fate

Comments:
1. Crotch jokes are a running joke in MGS. I ****ing LOVE IT when he grabs the statue's crotch.
2. Choking looks a whole lot more realistic and longer to do, so combined with not alerting other PMCs there's got to be a lot more stealth incorporated into it. Kojima obviously skipped the "hiding the bodies" part. Or maybe you don't need it anymore? He did say that you could fight all parties so if you want to hide a body of your ally to do something that requires him being gone but you don't want to alert the others then that would make sense.
3. The crotch grab got me from the beginning and now that I've seen it in action I think I'm going to die of laughter.
4. Spontaneous barrel like a spontaneous box? LOL.
5. New girlie mags ftw.
6. Play the entire game in FPV now? :eek:
7. MK II? How cute!
8. Hiding in plain sight is so new and cool!
9. Biomechanic enemies? WTF! Sweet!
10. Like Vamp said, everything looks amazing.

And it it me, or does Snake look more nimble than when he was younger?

Quoted post: 5. New girlie mags ftw.

I like how you can flip through the pages in FPV =3

As for the body thing, considering it's a battlefield with casualties everywhere maybe it's not as paramount. Then again, it didn't really look like any of the PMCs got a good look at the bodies. The one that would've been seen was hidden behind Snake's barrel. Though the fact that you're using what sounded like an unsuppressed sniper rifle, yet it didn't alert anyone was a bit weird. Even if you chalk it up to being a battlefield setting, any army is going to take notice of sniper fire. But whatever.

Quoted post: And it it me, or does Snake look more nimble than when he was younger?

Technology is wonderful, isn't it? I just like the whole hanging over the edge thing, personally.

Posted by ElroyJetson

the hanging over the edge thing is pretty cool...as an xbox 360 owner I'm unfortunately at the mercy of konami as to when ill see this.

Posted by Fate

I think during the sniper fire there weren't any PMCs around to hear it. Kojima took out all the enemies with scary precision. He had to play that demo a million times. He knew the script of the enemies too well!

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Fate;629478][COLOR=skyblue]I think during the sniper fire there weren't any PMCs around to hear it. Kojima took out all the enemies with scary precision. He had to play that demo a million times. He knew the script of the enemies too well![/COLOR]

...I should hope in this day and age that MGS AI isn't entirely scripted.

Posted by Fate

Nah, not scripted like in one place. They probably have several different routes and Kojima knew each one.

Posted by Speedfreak

Doubt it, scripting A.I. is like Goldeneye era. I'll put it down to the game being incomplete.

Posted by Fate

Splinter Cell did routes that were interruptible. I'm not sure if MGS uses routes, though.

Quoted post: I think during the sniper fire there weren't any PMCs around to hear it.

Sniper rifles are extremely loud :( Plus, there was a guy directly to your right and slightky underneath you.

Posted by Fate

It's a battlefield. Also, don't think the demo wasn't rigged at all.

Like I said, even if it is a battlefield, they're going to pay attention to sniper fire. Either way, just nit-picking.

Posted by maian

STFU MAYBE IT'S ON VERY EASY

Anyway, I loved it. Kinda locked in the fact that I have to buy a PS3 now. :( I'm excited for the new CQC, as well as interchangeable camo again, oddly. Anyway, it looks sweet. I'm so excited. I found MGS is much, much more fun on a harder difficulty, so I'll be sure to use all these techniques when I play through European Extreme. Eventually. >_>

Posted by Anti-Muffla

Wow! Amazing. Looks like a lot of fun! Can't wait!

Posted by Sapphire Rose

The lower back pain had better happen often with me!