Do you own a PSP?

Posted by Captain Falcon

Did anyone actually have a psp? If you do, what games do u have for it? I have Metal Gear Ac!d and Untold Legends.

Posted by =/g0ri11@\=

I have Wipeout Pure (awesome game.) And Untold Legends (also awesome.)

Posted by Boner

I bought mine on the way home from work on Friday. I was surprised to see that Best Buy had plenty for sale that were not preordered. They had a tent set up right by the entrance inside the store. I spent $450 (after taxes) for a "bundled" deal.

And here's what it got me:

*2 Games (any title of my choice). I chose Untold Legends and Wipeout Pure.

*2 month subscription to Best Buy's 'Gamefly'. (unlimited video game rental through the mail)

*8 month subscription to Entertainment Weekly and Sports Illustrated.

*15 songs from Napster.

*USB cable and software to transfer files between the PC and PS2 to the PSP.

*2 year Best Buy product replacement plan. Even if I drop the thing, they replace it for free. No questions asked.

*Free 1 year membership to Best Buy's reward zone program. You basically earn points on money you spend. X amount of points will earn you gift certificates for Best Buy. (The purchase of this PSP package deal will probably earn me $15 in certificates).

*$10 Best Buy gift card on top of the reward zone gift certificates I will soon recieve.

*And, of course, the PSP unit itself. Which comes with the Spider-Man 2 UMD movie, UMD demo disk (basically just movie previews), 32 MB memory card, etc.

All in all, I'd say it was a good deal. The DS is a fun system, and I still plan to keep mine. But, I have to admit that the PSP is quite impressive indeed. So far, Best Buy seems to have the nicest PSP bundled deals. They had other bundles as well. But, this was the one that suited me.

Posted by Pit

Yeah, I got it. I picked it up right after school on launch day. Luckily, I get out earlier than most from school and went to GameStop to pick it up. With it I just got the actual PSP and WipEout Pure, which I'm enjoying greatly. This has to be the fastest WipEout in the series... I mean, I have played a lot of the WipEout games but the speed in this one surprised me. I'm maxing a good 1145KM per hour, which is close to my F-Zero... actually, I think me fastest in F-Zero was somewhere in the 1800's and 1900's (or maybe lower :(). But yeah, WipEout is fun and I can't wait for the DLC (downloadble content) to come out. I already unlocked the "Zone" vehicle. Can't wait to see what they have for us to download. I mean, yeah, 32MB is limiting, but I think people will probably get the 1GB memory stick eventually allowing for maps, weapons?, and vehicles.

Posted by Night Owl

Twisted Metal!

Pit: Watch the one liners dude. I'd let it go if it actually answered what the thread was asking. Thanks.

Posted by Al Borland

I don't have it, but my cousin stopped by my house today and I was able to get my hands on it for a few Wipeout races. The screen is gorgeous. I will definatly be picking my own up this saturday.

Posted by Night Owl

Is Wipeout Pure a good game? Im thinking about buying another game but i dont know what one? and can you guys believe how small the UMD's are!? there like 3 inches!

Posted by Pit

WipEout Pure is beyond a good game. For now, the games that so far appeal to me, and a lot of other people are Ridge Racer (visually the best looking game on the PSP), WipEout Pure, Lumines (gotta have a puzzle game. PSP + Lumines = GB + Tetris, or something like that), Untold Legends (RPG's, dunno, people love em, I love em, and now I have the urge to get this game) and if you're a Capcom fighting game fan, go with Darkstalkers.

Posted by Night Owl

thanks, but does anyone know when grand theft auto is coming out for the psp? I looked on gamestop and they didnt have pictures or anything, but i know it will be great.

Posted by Shade

It doesn't have a specific release date yet. But Rockstar is definately working on a GTA for the PSP.

Posted by Night Owl

As long as I get to kill people and "bang" hoes, they can spend all the time they want on making that game!

Posted by =/g0ri11@\=

I've heard that it's coming out in May, but I just heard that.

Posted by Night Owl

It will probably be worth the wait.

Posted by nakile

I wouldn't mind having one, but there to much. IMO.

Posted by Night Owl

hey, how do you change the background color...mine is green, but i want blue!

Posted by Captain Falcon

I want Ridge Racers really bad, but its sold out everywhere.

Posted by bazariah

im waiting for it to hit the uk retail, i doubt i will buy it the second it's released, allthough i am intrigued by metal gear and ridge racers... i'll probably hold off from buying it straight out though as i would like to see what other software is available later on

Posted by Nizmo

C'mon Baz, screw Ridge Racers. GT4 is what you want!

I haven't got one yet, but I will do in the next upcoming week. My uncle's importing 5 of them, two of which are for sale, and three for my sisters and I. I probably won't be getting any games for a while. They're not scheduled to release in the UK for a while now, from what I've been told. Hopefully, I'll be swimming in them when they come out, though.