The Aquabats

Posted by Bebop

Are jolly good

I recently attended their one night only gig in the UK.

Discuss.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Seemed like ok generic ska. Nothing to write home about, but enjoyable. Then again, I wasnt seeing them live, so that might make the difference.

Posted by Bebop

Ok generic ska? Pfft. This is an Aquabats thread. Not a Reel Big Fish thread. They are jolly spiffing good and Ill have no back chat from the likes of you Spam.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Pretty lame ska band. Not that I'm a huge fan of the genre or anything, but they didn't do much for me.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Nor for me. Nothing to get excited about.

Posted by Aesthetic

I never would've known who they were if s0ul hadn't introduced them to me, and I kinda like them. Very upbeat.. though that's ska in general. I find them amusing, but tend to like bands such as Something to Do, Mustard Plug or Streetlight Manifesto better.

Posted by Tiptoegecko

The Aquabats are awesome. I got into them a bit ago, and I love em. I wanna see them live ;_;

Posted by Omni

I've never been into ska, but two of my friends are huge fans of the genre and this band.

Posted by Bebop

Their gigs alone put them above all other ska bands. They are more like shows than live music with their stage fights, video clips etc etc

Posted by NES Queen

the main appeal of the Aquabats are their live performances. I've only had the pleasure of seeing them a few times, but its the live shows that put them ahead of other ska bands imo.

Posted by Arwon

What the **** are the Aquabats doing in the UK? I thought they were too poor and lazy to travel further than northern California.

Ah I miss them, but they're past their glory days.

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

Quoting Lord of Spam: Seemed like ok generic ska. Nothing to write home about, but enjoyable. Then again, I wasnt seeing them live, so that might make the difference.

Live makes a big difference; they have a huge stage presence. I got knocked out halfway through the last show I was at because some huge dude stagedove onto me.

I did the same later after I came to, it was wicked. Great band, I love them.