Poetry

Posted by Echo

Just curious, how much do you enjoy poetry? You would never guess it if you know me, but I love a good poem. I love poetry by Robert Frost and Edgar Allan Poe. My favorite poems by them (with the exception of the excellent and famous "The Road Not Taken" and "The Raven", respectively) are "Fireflies in the Garden" and "Alone", respectively. What're your favorite poems/authors?

Posted by Dandelion

I love poetry. My favorite poet is Robert Louis Stevenson, and I love Land of Counterpane.

Posted by Caryatid

I write all the time, and poetry is a huge part of my hobby/obsession. I also enjoy reading poetry, and have a few book collections. I enjoy sonnets and somewhat obscure poets the best, but I'm also a fan of Lord Byron and Oscar Wilde.

Posted by Mixhael

Hughes, Joyce, Frost, Poe, Dickinson, and Yeats are all easy favorites I can think of.

I went through so much poetry in high school so much of the specifics are a blur. A lot of it was mindnumbingly overrated. Many authors wrote abstract/weird for the sake of being abstract/weird, and years later scholars took their babble and gave it meaning. But I'd do it all over again to read Frost or Hughes again to find the diamonds in the rough.

It wasn't until college that I found "Richard Cory" by E.A. Robinson. One of my all time favorite poems

Posted by brownoystercult

Sylvia Plaths poetry is the way to go.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Actually, I rarely read poetry. That doesn't mean I don't enjoy a good poem, but I just don't sit down to read one. If I come across one, then so be it. Most poetry I dislike, but there are the occasional few that I love.

Posted by Shrran

Wilfred Owen, William Carlos Williams.

Posted by Echo

Quoting Shrran: Wilfred Owen, William Carlos Williams.

I've never liked William Williams. I'm not a fan of modernest poetry, and "The Red Wheelbarrow" and "This is Just to Say" don't strike me as good poetry.

Posted by Shade

I don't really have a favorate poet. Though my favorite poem has to be "Annabell Lee" by Edgar Allan Poe.

Question, why does everybody make such a big deal over "The Raven"? I read it last night, and I didn't find it very creepy at all, and without that it's just...bleh.

Posted by Last Fog

There once was a man from Peru
Who had a dead fish in his shoe
So he took it right out
And spanked the dead trout
And tossed it into the ocean blue

I'm a poet and I wasn't even aware of it. Wait.

Posted by VampchickAkasha

i love poetry i read it i write it. it is awesome.lol