The Invulnerable Linko Man

Posted by Linko_16

Some of you may be able to guess what this is already. I know one of you already knows because I told you about it a bit ago. Either way, I hope you enjoy guessing what'll be coming up.

Posted by Alastor

Always good to have more spriting stuff in here than just me, Chris, and ZS. I like where this is going, too.

LOOK FORWARD TO NEXT, ETC.

Also I bol'd at panel 2.

Posted by Zeta

Go forth little Metool, fulfill your dreams. ;_;

Posted by S

The Metool's text is a bit hard to read but I do like it. It shows a seriousness I don't really ever see in Sprite Comics. I'm interested to see where you take it.

Posted by Alastor

Holy **** Lunairetic is here

Posted by Linko_16

Yeah, I kinda thought to myself that the Metool's text was slightly hard to read, but don't worry, it won't be around for long.

There'll be plenty of comedy once this intro bit is over with, but the core plot will be serious.

Posted by S

Too much comedy can be a bad thing too. I like to see a direction more than anything. But I'm a plot-fiend and a writer, its what I do so its what I like to see. Personal perference.

And yeah, holy ****, I'm here!

Posted by Linko_16

Text fixed. I thought to myself that instead of using my standard "goldenrod" for the metools, I should be just copying the color from the sprite, which looks a lot better. You might have to refresh your browser to see it, since it's under the same filename.

EDIT - yeah, when this was first commissioned, I battled with myself as to how funny and how serious it should be. I'm going to side pretty heavily with seriousness; the comedy will be in the banter.

Posted by Stalolin

metool rebellion, birth of linko sprite comic

THIS IS MY PREDICTION

Posted by S

Better but the black center to the text still makes it a tad hazy. The color is better though.

Posted by Alastor

Wait, holy ****, you're doing a series instead of just one or two random comics to shut me up?

I love you.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Alastor: Wait, holy ****, you're doing a series instead of just one or two random comics to shut me up?

I love you.

You wait until NOW to tell me that I could've just done that? Now that I've cooked up this grand scheme I can't help but lay out? Lawlz.

AND HOLY CRAP, GUYS, I KNOW I HAVEN'T MADE ANYTHING IN THREE YEARS, BUT I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU'RE ALL SO INTERESTED IN THIS ONE LITTLE TELL-NOTHING STRIP.

Posted by Alastor

Quoting Linko_16: You wait until NOW to tell me that I could've just done that? Now that I've cooked up this grand scheme I can't help but lay out? Lawlz.

No, you can't. I just figured you'd try to.

Quoted post: AND HOLY CRAP, GUYS, I KNOW I HAVEN'T MADE ANYTHING IN THREE YEARS, BUT I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU'RE ALL SO INTERESTED IN THIS ONE LITTLE TELL-NOTHING STRIP.

IT'S A SIGN OF THINGS TO COME. NEW SPRITE WORK IS ALWAYS VERY YES HERE, ALSO.

Now if only Zeta started doing something and ZS updated more than once a month, we'd really be in business.

Posted by Linko_16

Well now I feel like continuing it all right away.

HAY GUYZ, MAYBE THERE'LL BE A NEW ONE IN THE MORNING.

Posted by Ant

needs more d[COLOR="Lime"]i[/COLOR]ckgirls.

Posted by Alastor

Roll just hasn't taken her pants off yet.

Posted by Linko_16

Don't tempt me.

Turned out last night that my friends were all going out, so I went off to join them and didn't even really start on number two. But it'll be done sometime tonight.

Posted by Alastor

Lookin' forward to it.

Also 10666 rep holy crap.

Posted by Iris

Haha, looks pretty neat. More metools. :mad:

Posted by Alastor

I'VE GOT A BAD FEELING ABOUT L-16 BY THE WAY.

Posted by Linko_16

GEE I WONDER WHO THE MAIN CHARACTER IS.

Posted by Alastor

Roll! [spoiler]The amazing dickgirl![/spoiler]

Posted by Linko_16

That's exactly right, Peach.

Posted by Minesweeper

Woo! Linko comics! METOOL COMICS!! WOOHOO! ^(^^)^

*pulls up a chair and some snacks and waits patiently* =)
[quote=Alastor]... and ZS updated more than once a month...
Lies! It can be several months between comics! >=O

... wait, that's not a good thing. Dang.;_;

Posted by Alastor

I'm victorious yet again. =D

Posted by Linko_16

It's funny how things work out. With this scenario worked out in my mind, I had two problems: who could find and repair L-16, and how he gets the name "Linko." Determined not to use Dr. Light or Dr. Wily, even as a base, I scowered the usual places for a different scientist for the job. The Shy Guy Kingdom eventually gave me Dr. Mario, who I figured would work and maybe even be a little funny. Soon after I realized that if I substituted what is traditionally accepted as "a" in his accent with "o" (it sounds the same if you say it as fast as Mario would), I had solved my name problem, too.

Aren't I a genius?

Posted by Alastor

Brilliant. I luv this already. So the o in Linko isn't long?

Posted by Zeta

3rd panel made me go ";_;".

Posted by Linko_16

What?

EDIT - Ninja'd, I'm addressing Dan.

Posted by Alastor

I've always pronounced it with a long O, but this comic implies that it's Linkah. According to how Mario talks, anyway.

Posted by S

Say what Mario says fast, with an O instead of "Ah". When you remove the accent that Mario has, its Link-O. At least that's how I read it.

Nice second comic Linko. Is that a custom sprite? Linko's I mean.

Posted by Linko_16

Yeah, the accent bit I just used for an explaination. It's Link-Oh.

And yeah, that's the same custom sprite I've had forever... unlike Dan, the man of a million sheets.

The explanation behind this is pretty much the same as in the comic: I wanted it to look unique as possible.

Posted by Alastor

Hey, fifteen =/= a million. :(

btw, is dat sum improved shading on that sheet? I know you and I talked about the shading on this MONTHS ago, back when I was telling you about my ill-fated Tales of Interest plot (which made a comeback as TVGCS 04, oddly enough), which lead to your creation of Lunko, if I recall correctly. I messed with the shading, and you said it looked better, and that you should up the shading on your sheet in matching fashion. Did you?

Posted by Linko_16

Yeah, I did that quite soon after you gave me back the shaded Lunko sheet. Have you been using the crappy version? I guess I never handed out the good one.

Posted by Linko_16

Actually, if you've already downloaded that shaded Linko sheet, please do so again. I just made another long-overdue alteration: I made the corners of my Mettank square, like they should be.

As some of you may remember, the Mettank was first introduced as a joke in one of our party thread conversations. I supposedly just hopped in a Honey Maid Graham Cracker box and extended tank treads instead of feet. It fires marshmallows.

Posted by Alastor

Been using the old one for... ever.

Posted by Linko_16

HA HA HA, OVERNIGHT UPDATE BECAUSE I FELT LIKE IT. NOW I'M TIRED.

So now you know what this is all about. Dan's been bugging me for a long time to make some geniune Linko Man comics, and now that I am, I like how they're turning out. Prepare for what I hope to be some pretty cool stuff. I'm glad all this introduction is overwith.

Fun fact: I realized that when I typed Dr. Mario's big monologue there, I'd forgotten his accent. It's split into three paragraphs: the first three lines, then the rest of the first main body, then that smaller bit in the lower right. Rather than retype the whole thing and trying to get it to fit in the panel just right all over again, I just slipped a little scapegoat into the first paragraph, which ended up fitting perfectly.

Ten million points to whoever can figure out where I got the base sprite that resulted in Dr. Mario's wheelchair.

EDIT - by the way, you can all expect some cameos, even if don't I request you for a main role (like heck I'm spriting any characters new for this).

Posted by Iris

These are absolutely great. Your dialogue is flawless.

Oh, and is that the racecar guy from Chrono Trigger you used for the wheelchair?

Posted by Minesweeper

These are wonderful. =D

The third panel of comic 2 made me go ;_;, too. But the second last one was a definite xD. And the "helping me get rid of my accent" line was hilarious. xD Fantastic work. =)

I have the feeling I recognize the wheelchair, but I can't actually place it. ;_;

Posted by Alastor

I know I recognize that wheelchair. From where, though, I can't put my finger on. 10bux says I'll smack myself when you tell us.

These are infinitely superior than just another one or two, "NO BEER? LINKOMAN, PLZ HELP ;_;" comics. I'm digging the seriousness of the whole thing, and the spriting/dialogue is great. Keep it up, etc. =)

Posted by Zeta

It's one of those wheel-boar enemies from MMX2.

Keep up the good work d00d. :)

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Zeta: It's one of those wheel-boar enemies from MMX2.

****, he got it.

Exhaust pipe becomes wheelchair handle.

I hope I'm not the only one who thought the first panel of comic three was hilarious.

Posted by Alastor

Where did regular Linko's feet go? And why does he paint his head yellow and purple? :(

Posted by Linko_16

Same sort of pigmint-changing business that goes on when Mega Man switches powers. And his feet lock together in the middle to form the extension that jacks into his body.

Posted by Alastor

You mean a neck?

Posted by Stalolin

now I feel like making a comic where i stop linko from becoming a sentient being...

and maybe run him over twice.

With wheels that crush met helmets.

Hell, I should just start a theme where I go around and kill off spriters on VGC. I mean, I already made a comic for TVGCS.

Posted by Alastor

Quoting Stalolin: Hell, I should just start a theme where I go around and kill off spriters on VGC. I mean, I already made a comic for TVGCS.

There's like five of us.

BUT GO FOR IT.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Stalolin: now I feel like making a comic where i stop linko from becoming a sentient being...

and maybe run him over twice.

With wheels that crush met helmets.

For L-16's accident, I considered having him run over by that very same car. But the best way for that to work would be for me to animate it, which I didn't feel like doing.

I don't think I'm doing a comic tonight. But I might just change my mind if I decide I feel like it.

Posted by Alastor

You'll probably have Chris and I outnumbered in comics within a month or two. :(

Posted by Linko_16

Don't worry, I'll probably get tired of it way before then.

Posted by Alastor

wtf no don't :(

Posted by Xenos

hai gais, I heard something about a guest appearance?

Posted by Linko_16

YOU HEARD RIGHT. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A CURRENT SPRITE SHEET IN THE STICKY ('cause I had to switch computers again and lost all my old ones) AND YOU'LL PROBABLY BE IN THE BACKGROUND SOMEWHERE. IF I REALLY LIKE YOU, YOU MIGHT HAVE A LINE OR TWO.

Being that we already have TVGCS, I hope people will understand that I'm trying to make this a serious, plot-based comic and not "hay im gunna put all my friendz in this" comic. If I think some of you can fill a necessary role, I might ask you for it, but I'm not going to just make up extra ones.

Quoting Alastor: wtf no don't :(

Well, right now I've got it mapped out that I'll do one major plot line (which may be long and may be short, I'm kind of making up the little details as I go), then see how I feel. Either way, it'll be open-ended so I can continue anytime I want. Don't worry, I'm not just going to kill Linko Man off in the end.

Posted by Iris

[quote=Xenos;625062]hai gais, I heard something about a guest appearance?
No time for AIM. Gonna post yours now, so pray you like it. :cool:

Posted by Linko_16

I'm not letting go of the beer gag. You can't make me.

For those who might not know the story, Linko Man was first inspired when Zerostar made some reference to the beer in our party thread being stolen. Spontaneously, I replied, "Stolen beer? Sounds like a job for...*tears off clothing to reveal colorful tights*... LINKO MAN!!" And thus, our hero was born. It might be slightly less than obvious since it's down below and next to that green bush, but our thief is holding a six-pack of Wily beer.

I hope everyone likes my highly original city name. Though now that I think of it, New York doesn't have a big green mountain behind it. Well, I guess that's why it's "Neo."

EDIT - changed the thread name, now that the big mystery is over.

Posted by S

Step 1: [url]www.linkoman.com[/url]
Step 2: Get into Webcomic ring.
Step 3: VGChat advertises website.
Step 4: Merchandise.
Step 5: Profit.

Posted by Linko_16

Man, you guys are serious about this. For me, it's just a fun little pet project.

Posted by Zeta

Sprite comics are serious ****ing business.

Posted by Linko_16

I don't think this'd work as a comic for the public for a few solid reasons. First of all, even though I'm being very good about fleshing out the details of the back story, it's still just all based off gags that we created around here. There are some explanations (some of which haven't arisen yet) that just wouldn't work out unless you already knew "Oh, well, it was like this already, he just had to make it work somehow." Second, I'm moving too fast and putting too much into one comic. Anime has taught us well that if you want your series to hold your viewer's interest for a long time, don't give it all away at once. Just think of Bob and George, for example: how much happens in just one comic? Compare that to everything that goes on in just one of my comics. I'd have to take everything I've done so far and make it maybe ten comics instead of four. EDIT - Granted, a lot of that was just the intro. I hope to go a little slower now that I'm done with back story.

I guess this comic could be made for a universal audience, but I'd have to heavily revamp everything I've done so far, and I'd have be really consistant with my updates. When you've got fans (G[color=indigo]od
forbid), you can't just decide not to update on your scheduled time. Even with Bob and George, a comic that updates daily, Dave gives you two comics when he misses a day. I don't know if I could still be creative every twenty four hours after a month or two.[/color]

Posted by Linko_16

This took an unusually long time to make, considering nothing really happens.

Fun fact: the facial expression he ends up with when he gets shoved there was kind of an accident. I went to edit the eyes so they'd be like they are when he's on the ground, but when I'd erased everything but those two pixels to make the change, I found it too funny to resist.

EDIT - I just realized I made a mistake in the previous comic. I figured someone like Zerostar would be going to the store for more than beer, so I had her claim that he'd also stolen her groceries. But, uh, he definitely doesn't have them in his hands, so...

DOUBLE EDIT - I actually thought of several potential punchlines for the last panel, and I'm disappointed I didn't think of anything funnier than that. Fun game: try and think of a good one yourself.

See that? My comic's an interactive experience. Does Bob and George have that? I didn't think so.

Posted by Minesweeper

The facial expressions are great. xD

I thought the last panel was good. =O He's down, but not out. He ain't giving up! Go, Linko Man! For everlas- ... wait, no. >.<;;

And I just kinda assumed the groceries were the beer. Liquid bread. =D

[quote=Linko]When you've got fans (God forbid), you can't just decide not to update on your scheduled time.
I avoid the problem entirely by not having a schedule in the first place. =)

[quote=Zeta]It's one of those wheel-boar enemies from MMX2.
Gah! That's exactly it!! I knew I knew what it was. I could even picture it zipping back and forth, I just couldn't remember WHERE. xP

Posted by Linko_16

See that? My comic's animated. Does Bob and George have - oh, wait, yeah they do.

So it turns out this innocent little beer theft is more sinister than at first glance. What exactly is on this mysterious disk?

Fun Fact: Those of you who are familiar with the "BFG" should. know what Chief means by "BFR." [spoiler]Yes, Big Fu[spoiler]ck[/spoiler]ing Rider.[/spoiler] :awesome:

I probably won't update again until I finish the new Harry Potter, so expect a comic in two or three days. Good news is that after that, I really ought to start churnin' them out because I can't wait to get some of these ideas on the table.

Posted by Ant

i can't wait

Posted by Stalolin

want continuation

also want lolin cameo, but seeing as i haven't really shaped your vgc existence or anything, i won't be in there

Posted by Linko_16

... Well now you'll probably have one. Way to go.

EDIT - I was looking over old comics now... hope I'm not the only one who caught the gag in panel two of the comic before last.

DOUBLE EDIT - and wtf, Lolin, you rock. Look at Mr. "oh no he doesn't like me." You rock.

Posted by Stalolin

Oh, I know you like me, I just thought this was going to be a comic featuring your closet acquaintances, and seeing as I've only spoken with you a few times, I didn't think I'd make that list.

Posted by Linko_16

Well, right now only ZS is going to have a starring role for a number of reasons. First and probably foremost, most every comic I've ever planned or pitifully tried to get into here on VGC has co-starred Zerostar, my oldest spriting friend without whom we wouldn't have this blog and this community. Besides, since every super hero needs an ordinary human to relate to and every super-hero story needs a lead female alongside the male in someway, I'm hitting two birds with one stone... without her, I'd probably have to have some male sidekick and a girl with a minor role, since there are pretty much no good female sprite sheets that look good next to a Mega Man recolor.

I've asked one other member to serve a minor role that'll have some lines (but not much limelight) so far, which is unfortunately the most anyone can ask for, since the alternative is a quick one-line joke or just an appearance in a crowd.

Posted by Minesweeper

Quoting Linko_16]So it turns out this innocent little beer theft is more sinister than at first glance. What exactly is on this mysterious disk?
Dun dun DUN~! =O

[quote]I probably won't update again until I finish the new Harry Potter, so expect a comic in two or three days. Good news is that after that, I really ought to start churnin' them out because I can't wait to get some of these ideas on the table.
YOU HAVE THE NEW HARRY POTTER BOOK!? =O [/jealous] [size=1]I haven't had a chance to go get it yet... :

Quoting Linko_16: EDIT - I was looking over old comics now... hope I'm not the only one who caught the gag in panel two of the comic before last.

Y'mean "course of action code G4KSPL47"?

[QUOTE=Linko_16]Well, right now only ZS is going to have a starring role for a number of reasons. First and probably foremost, most every comic I've ever planned or pitifully tried to get into here on VGC has co-starred Zerostar, my oldest spriting friend without whom we wouldn't have this blog and this community.

The only thing I can think of to say is *kerblush*. =)

Posted by Linko_16

[QUOTE=Minesweeper;628595]YOU HAVE THE NEW HARRY POTTER BOOK!? =O [/jealous] I haven't had a chance to go get it yet... ;_;

Yeah, I finished it today. Starting tomorrow, expect daily comics... maybe.

[QUOTE=Minesweeper;628595]Y'mean "course of action code G4KSPL47"?

Yes, thank you.

Posted by Linko_16

I tried to do a comic today, but I'm still trying to orchestrate this fight. It occured to me that apart from his invulnerability, Linko Man doesn't have any special powers... at least, none that have ever been mentioned in the past.

Posted by S

Ingenuity. Have him use his surroundings as a weapon? The character is supposed to be clever, after all.

Posted by Linko_16

He is?

I mean, of course he is.

Anyway, that's a good idea.

Posted by Linko_16

I've got the next comic all panned out, all custom sprites ready and everything, but Background HQ is all bandwidth'd out. Hopefully tomorrow.

Posted by Alastor

Just read the ones over the past week, and only have this to say: You ****ing rule.

Posted by Linko_16

Ah, there's my motivation. :D

BGHQ still down. I'll be checking, like, on the hour since this comic's so late now.

Posted by Alastor

I can share some of mine with you if you get on AIM. I've got a boatload of saved BGs.

Posted by Linko_16

Very carefully, I managed to restore the background from the previous comic strip. So, finally, here's comic #7:

Fun fact: This is another one of those comics that doesn't look too complicated, but it took ages to make because of all the extra work that went into it. For instance, editing the BFR so it's chest opened, then that cannon pops out, as well as the grooves that were created when the street got blasted open.

Posted by Iris

Very good work. Now if only Zerostar, Linkman, and Alastor could start popping out comics this fast. :mad:

Posted by Alastor

Quoting Iris: Very good work. Now if only Zerostar, Linkman, and Alastor could start popping out comics this fast. :mad:

Hey, we're working on one now. :(

Excellent work. Those street grooves were extremely well done, I think. Bravo.

Or if you just want my obligatory response, HOLY CRAP AWESOME YOU RULE DO WANT MORE PLZ.

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=Iris;630942]Very good work. Now if only Zerostar, Linkman, and Alastor could start popping out comics this fast. :mad:

AND ME RIGHT

or have you guys given up on tdas

Posted by Omni

I like it so far. If he just started doing this, maybe he can discover his powers as he fights the villains.

Quoting Stalolin: or have you guys given up on tdas

I want more of those.

Posted by Alastor

Quoting Stalolin: AND ME RIGHT

or have you guys given up on tdas

DO WANT

I MEAN COME ON, I'VE MADE TWO OF THEM, AND YOU ONLY MADE ONE TVGCS

YOU'RE SLIPPING, DUDE.

Posted by S

I liked it Linko. The destroyed ground's graphics were done very well, too.

PS: Alastor, what manga is that in your sig? I swear I've seen it before.

Posted by Alastor

Honestly, I have no clue. I got it on /v/, and then scaled it a little and added the border so it'd be more fitting for a sig image.

Posted by Minesweeper

#7 = awwwwesome~! =D

You do such great work. I'm on the edge of my seat, waiting to see how our hero deals out sweet, sweet justice to those evil-doers. =) And I love Linko Man's speech style. xD So very hero-of-justice. xD

Quoting Iris: Very good work. Now if only Zerostar, Linkman, and Alastor could start popping out comics this fast. :mad:

;_;

Posted by Alastor

Reminds me of Luigi's dialogue from the Super Paper Mario intro. Something like, "Who are you?!" "I do not give my name to scoundrels! Now I, Luigi, shall punish you for your badness!"

Posted by Linko_16

http://linkoman.smackjeeves.com/

Yeah, yeah, there it is. Finally. At first I didn't think there was a point, but while I was trying to get the html to work a mere hour or two after the site's birth, someone came along and commented on the first comic, which was the only one uploaded at the time. Weird.

Posted by Alastor

Favorite'd, senpai. ^_^

You could easily add a hit counter too, if you want. [url=www.statcounter.com]StatCounter[/url] is what Chris and I use, and it's extremely simple to set up.

You can ALSO change the rating icons, if you want. Right now they're the default, which have horrible antialiasing on them. You can change them to whatever image you want, I think, so long as it's the right dimensions. We have ratings disabled alltogether for whatever reason. Chris ditched them when he was working on the layout. You could do that, too, I guess. Whatever you want. And you could add buttons for the comic navigation buttons, if you so please.

Alright, I think I'm done giving tips. You can find a haul of [url=http://www.smackjeeves.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=2&sid=dc089a9b8510bec528cfd73580c30e6d]FAQs[/url] on the SJ forum.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Alastor: Favorite'd, senpai. ^_^

Huh. I'm glad I turned out to be right about that, more or less, or else I'd probably sound pretty egotistical.

Yeah, I figured there was someplace I could change those rating buttons, but I didn't feel like dealing with it at the time.

Posted by Alastor

Not sure if you're aware, but 06 comes before 05 in the archive. :s

Posted by Linko_16

Oh, ****, you're right. How did that happen.

Thanks for the tip, junior.

Posted by Alastor

np senpai

Posted by Iris

...awkwaaaard.

Posted by Linko_16

I'm trying to update daily, I promise. BGHQ still hasn't returned, and I don't think I can do anything until they do.

Unless someone knows somewhere else I can get the backgrounds to the Mega Man X5 intro stage.

Posted by Minesweeper

Which part? Like, which section of the stage? =)

Posted by Linko_16

Nvm, I got it.

[url=http://linkoman.smackjeeves.com/]Update[/url].

I'm making you read the news post from now on instead of writing about it here. So go read it.

Posted by Alastor

lol'd harder than I have at the first 7.

OMG AWESOME MORE PLZ =D=D=D=D=D=D=D=D=D=D

srsly, keep at it. These are awesome.

Posted by Linko_16

Yeah, I had a lot of fun with panels 4 and 6.

*** ****, I love Cut Man.

Posted by Alastor

HEY MEGAMAN, YOU'RE A LITTLE LOW ON AIR!

Posted by Zeta

I lol'd at CutMan.

Quoting Alastor: HEY MEGAMAN, YOU'RE A LITTLE LOW ON AIR!

AND YOU'RE FULL OF ****!

Posted by Alastor

BER-NERRRR

Posted by Linko_16

I was working on a new strip, but I stopped to go out to lunch with friends, which turned out to be a full day of activities.

THEM'S THE BREAKS.

Posted by Ant

****, and I was really looking forward to the next strip.

Posted by Linko_16

Please tell me whether or not that's sarcasm. I'd like to know whether I should feel really good or really bad.

Well, the upside is that I know I have all day tomorrow, and since I've got a half-finished comic on my hands already, you might get two.

Posted by Ant

F[COLOR="Lime"]U[/COLOR]CK YES! Two in one day? You're too kind Linko 16.

Posted by Linko_16

STOP IT.

Posted by Alastor

THAT WOULD BE AWESOME

SO FREAKING AWESOME

COME ON. DO IT, SENPAI. [/sincerity]

Posted by Linko_16

[url=linkoman.smackjeeves.com]HERE'S THE FIRST NEW ONE.[/url]

Anyone who can guess where that camera comes from gets five hundred Linko points.

Anyway, I'll get started on the next one soon, so even if I don't get it finished today, you'll have it early tomorrow.

Posted by S

Massive text error on panel 6. Besides that, good.

Posted by Linko_16

Yeah, I noticed. I have no idea how it happened, but I've already fixed it.

Posted by Alastor

Who IS that studly camera man?

Posted by Ant

I like the suit on Iris.

Posted by Linko_16

Yeah, she made that herself.

Posted by Linko_16

VGC went and crashed right before I went to post [url=linkoman.smackjeeves.com]the new comic[/url].

Coming soon: Characters page.

Posted by Ant

How do you do it?

Posted by Linko_16

I'd say I owe a lot of it to this massive penis of mine.

Posted by Stalolin

I not only enjoy reading this, but the vigorous speed Linko pushes them out at.

IF ONLY I WERE THIS AMBITIOUS WITH TDAS

Posted by Alastor

Things are looking grim for our stalwart hero!

How will he escape the blue Sniper Joe?

Posted by Linko_16

That's not Sniper Joe. It's Officer Joe.

EDIT - Also, the word "vigorous" used in relation to me made me giggle.

Posted by Alastor

Just shut up, Shozbot.

Posted by Linko_16

Heh, Shozbot is a very cool name my 7th grade English class discovered and had a good laugh about for a while. Yes, it's an actual name, and it's what first jumped to mind when I needed a name for some random robot.

Anyway, [url=http://linkoman.smackjeeves.com/characters/]character page get[/url]. Check it out. In here is also the answer of the latest sprite source challenge, which was either too difficult for anyone to answer or was just completely ignored.

[quote=Linko_16]Anyone who can guess where that camera comes from gets five hundred Linko points.

Posted by Alastor

His camera is based on the canon from the Wonderswan adaption of Mega Man Battle Network.

Posted by Linko_16

YOU'RE TOO LATE.

NEGATIVE FIVE HUNDRED LINKO POINTS.

Posted by Alastor

Wait, crap, you mean now I'm in debt?

****, this sucks. ;_;

Posted by Linko_16

Don't worry. I have very affordable payment plans.

Posted by Alastor

How does I accumulate moar Linko Points? ;_;

Posted by Iris

Ah, that was the arm edit you were talking about. Very cool. Glad to see all this developing dialogue.

Posted by Linko_16

Oh, yeah, that was the surprise arm edit... got to reach up high to get someone who can fly.

Quoting Alastor: How does I accumulate moar Linko Points? ;_;

Kiss my feet some more.

Posted by Alastor

Feet? I expected something a lot more perverted. :(

Posted by Linko_16

Ew, not from you.

Posted by Alastor

I don't know where those feet have been. :(

Posted by Linko_16

[url=http://linkoman.smackjeeves.com/]Update[/url].

Sorry there was no update yesterday. I started it, but since it was my friend David's day off, I hung out with him for most of the afternoon and evening. That'll probably be how it is: an update every day, except when David has a day off, which is two or three times a week. It'll get even worse when (G[color=indigo]o
d forbid) I get a job.[/color]

Posted by Alastor

Nice one. Story seems to be moving along at a good pace.

For some reason (no doubt your abundance of fetishes), I took "Mistress" completely the wrong way when I first read it. >_>

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Alastor: For some reason (no doubt your abundance of fetishes), I took "Mistress" completely the wrong way when I first read it. >_>

facepalm.jpg

Posted by Alastor

Hey, I can't help that you're so freaky. [spoiler]Please don't ban me.[/spoiler]

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Posted by Linko_16

THAT'S IT. YOU'RE GONE.

Posted by Stalolin

FIGHT LINKOMAN

FOR EVERLASTING BEER

Posted by Linko_16

Dystorce (5:06:58 PM): iris was asking me if the whole senpai thing was true
Dystorce (5:07:07 PM): Or if I was angry about it because I mentioned it so much
Linko Sixteen (5:07:28 PM): heh
Linko Sixteen (5:08:02 PM): Yeah, I was kind of surprised you, like, dedicated yourself to it.
Dystorce (5:08:39 PM): Missus Iris: I thought you were angry about it because you kept mentioning it.
The Dan Slice: Not really.
The Dan Slice: I didn't really think about it until he mentioned it.
Dystorce (5:08:46 PM):
The Dan Slice: But yeah, I guess I do kinda look up to Linko, granted his seniority around the blog.
Missus Iris: Ah.
Missus Iris: I guess I just wasn't around long enough to have noticed Linko's seniority there
Linko Sixteen (5:08:56 PM): :/
Linko Sixteen (5:09:32 PM): Well now you're making me feel bad
Dystorce (5:09:39 PM): Zerostar would probably fit the role a bit more, honestly, since she's who got me into spriting.
Dystorce (5:09:41 PM): Why's that?
Linko Sixteen (5:09:58 PM): Well, I may be a year older, but we are perfect equals more or less
Dystorce (5:10:14 PM): *shrug*

Following much unrelated conversation...

Linko Sixteen (5:31:41 PM): Anyway
Linko Sixteen (5:31:55 PM): Accepting that pretty much everyone in the blog does a good job...
Dystorce (5:32:12 PM): In before Cheeno.
Linko Sixteen (5:33:56 PM): I only meant by the whole "senpai" thing that I felt as though you looked up to me in the sense that, as someone younger than me and someone who started spriting a little later than I did, you admired the work I did and was really excited to hear I'd be doing more
Linko Sixteen (5:34:01 PM): WHICH I APPRECIATE
Dystorce (5:34:14 PM): :3
Linko Sixteen (5:34:14 PM): and I never meant to suggest I was better than you or anyone else.
Dystorce (5:34:57 PM): Didn't think of it like that.

I didn't mean to make it seem like there's a chain of command around here. And of course, if anyone's top dog, it's ZS, who's oldest, has been spriting longest, and founded this blog. Now stop making me feel bad. ;-;

Posted by Alastor

That's a lot of copypasta.

Posted by Linko_16

I've heard it's quite delicious.

Posted by Iris

Can I be top droog?

Posted by Linko_16

You'll have to fill out an application. We'll get back to you in 6-8 business days.

Posted by Zeta

I demand to stay at the bottom of the chain.

Posted by Alastor

Tough luck. That's Cheeno's spot. :mad:

Speaking of which, I'm pretty certain we scared him off.

Posted by Linko_16

Cheeno was better than Pat O.

Posted by Alastor

I still have Pat_O's sheet wtf

For some reason, I don't have Cheeno's, though. I thought I did. :confused:

Posted by Zeta

Cheeno just stole someone's 8-Bit Kenny sprites.

Posted by Linko_16

Did he?

I take it back. Cheeno was worse than Pat O.

Posted by Alastor

I've seen Pat_O's sheet somewhere, and it had different name tags and stuff on it. Don't know who-took-whose there. This was like one or two years ago though.

Edit: Cheeno's were just a recolored 8-bit Iceman with 16-bit weapons slapped on. I don't see that as very serious. It's like two colors after all.

Posted by Linko_16

[url=linkoman.smackjeeves.com]Night Owl Update[/url]

Probably no new one tomorrow. Er, actually, I guess that's techinicly later today.

Posted by Alastor

Good job, etc. Too enraged right now for senpai praise.

Posted by Linko_16

My friend took a bit to phone me up, so I managed to churn out [url=http://linkoman.smackjeeves.com/]a new comic[/url].

I've got seven whole fans, and only one of them is Dan. It's so cool.

Posted by Iris

Nice comic! The picture in ZS's place changed omg. :mad:

Posted by Stalolin

OH ***

NOW I HAVE TO KNOW WHO THIS SHADOWY VILLIAN IS

Posted by Alastor

His text is dark. He's obviously evil.

THE PLOT THICKENS. I'm even more interested now.

Posted by Roger Smith

The suspense is killing me faster then Omni's insults.

Posted by Omni

Quoting Roger Smith: The suspense is killing me faster then Omni's insults.

Shut up already. Seriously. I'm not going to reply here anymore, so try and do the same.

Oh, and good comic.

Posted by Stalolin

i hope the villian is a vgcer

that'd be hardcore

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting Omni: Shut up already. Seriously. I'm not going to reply here anymore, so try and do the same.

I demand you don't be a baby about it and continue to post and support Linko's comics.

Posted by Alastor

Take the drama outside, ladies.

Posted by Roger Smith

Gone drama is gone.

Posted by Linko_16

WHO INVITED THE DRAMA LLAMA?

HE CERTAINLY ISN'T ON THE GUEST LIST.

Quoting Iris: Nice comic! The picture in ZS's place changed omg. :mad:

Yeah, I suggest you keep your eyes on that spot in all future comics featuring ZS's living room.

Posted by Linko_16

Came home from an all-night party, didn't feel like going to bed, and slogged my way through [url=http://linkoman.smackjeeves.com/]a new comic[/url].

Sprite Search Challenge: What sprite from what game did I adapt into that cool-looking radio?

Posted by Alastor

Last panel delivered epic lulz. Clueless on that radio sprite, I'm afraid.

Posted by Roger Smith

That particular pic of Gates didn't seem to go with the tone of what he said. Still funny, just a little awkward IMO.

Posted by Alastor

Just the grin. The eyes were perfect.

Posted by Roger Smith

Damn that grin :(

Posted by Alastor

Use your mad skills to do a vertical inve--I mean change it to a frown.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Roger Smith: That particular pic of Gates didn't seem to go with the tone of what he said. Still funny, just a little awkward IMO.

I found a better one, but it didn't have any Windows logos in the background or anything and I wanted to make sure everyone could figure out who he was.

Posted by Linko_16

For some reason, [url=http://linkoman.smackjeeves.com/]this comic[/url] took 4+ hours to make, despite it's simplicity. I'm looking back at my morning and wondering how I managed to lose that much time.

I'd do a Sprite Search Challenge on Rufus, but I already blabbed about it in the news post. You guys are reading the news posts, aren't you?

Posted by Alastor

News wha-?

Posted by Roger Smith

Things are certainly starting to progress for those 2.

Posted by Linko_16

Eh. No comic today. Did get some very necessary work done on some sprites, mainly more of ZS's room and some new Linko Man positions. Finally found some sprites of Mega Man swimming, as he does in MM8, which I was able to convert into a good flying sprite.

Posted by The Hate

Hey I just watched all 15 comics so far and I really like them.

Posted by Linko_16

Thanks, I appreciate it.

Forgot to mention it, but PerfectPhoto crashed on me and I didn't feel like continuing from my previous backup. But you might get two new ones tomorrow.

Posted by Linko_16

I kinda overslept today. I'm still going to try and get those two comics up, though.

Posted by Linko_16

[url=http://linkoman.smackjeeves.com/]Here's the first new comic today[/url]. I've got some sprite work to do before the next one is ready, and I've also got to make dinner real quick, so if I do manage to get it out today, I'm afraid it'll be pretty late.

Also, someone make sure Corrupt sees this comic. He'll appreciate the poster in this one.

Posted by Alastor

Holy ****, flying tank?

Posted by Linko_16

Eh, just kinda the same boost jumps that MMX riders have. Gunner Slugs don't have that, but they can't run either, so that's how it had to make it's getaway.

Posted by The Hate

What was the poster in her house? I dont know who that is.

Posted by Stalolin

oh *** want another comic today

AND OH *** IS DAN CRASHMAN?!

Posted by Linko_16

I was trying to think of some random thing for Linko Man to be working on, skimming through random pages at Sprites Inc. Saw Crash Man and thought of those little robots that dance when you play music.

Quoting The Hate: What was the poster in her house? I dont know who that is.

Katz from Courage the Cowardly Dog.

Posted by Ant

you amaze me

Posted by Linko_16

Probably too late for most people to see 'til tomorrow, but [url=http://linkoman.smackjeeves.com/]here's the second update[/url]. Make sure you read the news post on this one.

Posted by Alastor

LUNKOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

I like where this is headed. Plenty of depth. And zomg other self-aware Metools than L-16 and Q-36. I like this. Makes things more interesting.

Posted by Zeta

[quote]and make it so all my VGC friends will kick themselves for not realizing it sooner. Hope I pulled it off.

You did. :)

Posted by Linko_16

... Do those curves look realistic?

Posted by Alastor

fapfapf--What? Oh, yeah, they're fine.

Posted by Linko_16

I just read through a comic that was on the "most recently updated" page of SmackJeeves. It's a handdrawn comic called "Inbetween Failures" and it looked really good.

It was actually really bad. Like, Sore Thumbs bad. Like, Fanboyz bad. I didn't think it was a gaming comic, but it was. It's about a bunch of people who work in a game store, apparently. Despite a promising first comic, there was nothing original or interesting about it.

Posted by Alastor

Give it up, Linko. There will never be a comic that is better than [url=http://www.smackjeeves.com/comicprofile.php?id=17683]this one[/url] and you know it.

Posted by Linko_16

Don't remind me. I stayed up all night reading that one over and over again.

Posted by Linko_16

[url=http://linkoman.smackjeeves.com/]UH OH.[/url]

Posted by Alastor

Linko Man is tempted by boobs! Will he succumb to the dark side? :O

Posted by Linko_16

Moar like the sexy side, amirite?

Posted by Linko_16

Added Author Comments to each comic. Feel free to go back and read them. I also went back and gave Lydia her accent, just 'cause I felt like emphasizing her Russian-ness.

Posted by Roger Smith

Da wasn't enough? lol don't forget to add the hairy pits. Olga Gurlukovich anyone?

Posted by Linko_16

All the Russian women I've ever seen are either really, really hot or really, really ugly.

Might take you up on those hairy pits, though.

Posted by Linko_16

[url=http://linkoman.smackjeeves.com/]Surprise![/url] Not only a new comic, but a new layout. Read the news post to see. Remember that if you want to hear what I have to say about the new comic itself, you'll have to click "latest strip" from now on and read my author comment.

Posted by Alastor

Looks fine on 1024x768. The ratings icons aren't ugly as sin now, either. Good job.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Alastor: The ratings icons aren't ugly as sin now, either.

Yeah, I thought I was pretty clever with those.

Posted by Alastor

Oddly enough, we had a very similar thing mapped out last night. I don't think Chris ever got around to installing it, but we made the images and whatnot for our rating system. Blue Shy Guys are the norm, and whatever you rate up to would turn red. For the half-filled option, we made a purple Shy Guy. Aren't we clever?

Posted by Ant

wow

Posted by Linko_16

[url=http://linkoman.smackjeeves.com/]Gak Splat.[/url]

Posted by Alastor

Poor Linko Man. ;_;

I'm looking forward to what you do with these other Metools you keep hinting at.

Posted by Roger Smith

Grim comics are grim :'(

Posted by Linko_16

No comic today on account of hanging out with friends and shopping for a new car.

Posted by Iris

Haha, I love the Russian dialect.

Posted by Linko_16

Thanks, that's nice to hear. My friend was reading these, and when he got to Lydia's part, he couldn't stop laughing.

Posted by Minesweeper

Poor Linko Man. ;_;

By the way, the new layout works spiffily in Firefox. =)

Quoting Alastor: Blue Shy Guys are the norm, and whatever you rate up to would turn red. For the half-filled option, we made a purple Shy Guy. Aren't we clever?

*pats j00 on the head* :3

Posted by Linko_16

[url=http://linkoman.smackjeeves.com/]=D[/url]

I've been looking for someplace to introduce the Mettank.

Posted by Minesweeper

Yay! The Metool roars. xD

Hee, I love that sound effect. xD *KA-PWING!*

Posted by Linko_16

[url=http://linkoman.smackjeeves.com/]SORRY, MORE DRAMA.[/url]

Posted by Omni

"Is that a tank made out of a graham cracker box?"

"Um...maybe..."

I lol'd

Posted by Alastor

Oh lawd, is dat sum love triangle?

Posted by Linko_16

THAT'S IT!!

I'LL GET HER THAT SAMUS DOLL!!

Posted by Alastor

Just out of curiosity, do you have, y'know, a weakness for Linko Man? Linko Man's pretty much like Superman minus Kryptonite right now, which would be pretty boring down the line.

Posted by Ant

that was gay

Posted by Linko_16

no u

Quoting Alastor: Just out of curiosity, do you have, y'know, a weakness for Linko Man? Linko Man's pretty much like Superman minus Kryptonite right now, which would be pretty boring down the line.

Yeah, I have taken into account that Invulnerability makes for a rather dull super power. Don't worry, I'll make things interesting.

EDIT - I keep forgetting to update my signature. I may just get rid of it soon enough.

Posted by Alastor

Quoting Linko_16: EDIT - I keep forgetting to update my signature. I may just get rid of it soon enough.

I guess it's somehow easier to remember when you only update every 3-7 days instead of every day.

Posted by Linko_16

You'd think it'd be the other way around, making it a habit and all that.

Posted by Minesweeper

An aww-inspiring comic. =) All together now! "AWWWWW~!" x3

And yes, updating sans text would've been hilari-... I mean, a tragedy. o_o; *cough*

Posted by Linko_16

You're reading the news updates. =D

Posted by Minesweeper

Do I get bonus points? =D

Posted by Linko_16

Each news post you read is 100 Linko Points.

Posted by Linko_16

[url=http://linkoman.smackjeeves.com/]Shut up and read the news[/url].

I'm tired.

Posted by Iris

Aww, Lydia's love is only going to end in tragedy, ISN'T IT?

Posted by Alastor

Ah, another ;_; comic, but I giggled when I saw Paper Mario and Peach. Excellent touch.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Iris: Aww, Lydia's love is only going to end in tragedy, ISN'T IT?

NO

SHE'S HAPPY FOREVER.

Posted by Alastor

In before starvation in the Russian vinter? ;_;

Or police brutality, or something like that. OR THUGZ.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Alastor: Russian vinter

Thanks, I needed that.

Posted by Alastor

Ha. I thought you might pick up one of those. Either that or you'd rule out each one of them so it'd still be a surprise.

Posted by Linko_16

Oh, no, I already have something in mind. That just made me lol. I may not have every comic forever in mind, but I've usually got the next two or three at least vaguely planned out.

EDIT - Everyone try and say "Zdravstvujtye" five times fast. Go on, I dare you.

Posted by Alastor

I can't even say it once... :(

Posted by Omni

Quoting Linko_16: Each news post you read is 100 Linko Points.

I found them interesting enough to read them all so far.

Posted by Minesweeper

Poor Lydia. ;_;

Though panel 8 was adorable. :3

BTW, can I skip on the suffering and offer sincere preemptive happy birthday wishes instead? =)

[quote]Each news post you read is 100 Linko Points.
Woot! ^(^^)^

Posted by Linko_16

[url=linkoman.smackjeeves.com]Ugh.[/url]

Posted by Alastor

DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNNN

hbd2u

Posted by Minesweeper

=O

Hell hath no fury like a voman scorned. =)

HAAAAAAAAPPY BIRFDAY~! *insert Super Birthday Glomp here* :3

Posted by S

Suggestion! Perhaps on the front page, you could put a backward and first comic button? It's not user friendly for anyone who misses a comic or who newly comes to your site. They have to go to user archive or click latest comic in order to get to that control panel.

Posted by Linko_16

I was just leaving it the way SmackJeeves's templete set it up, but you're right, I should probably add those buttons.

Posted by Grave Wisdom

Congrats Linko! You've made one of my new favorite comics. SRSLY now, it's really good.

Posted by Linko_16

Thanks, that really means a lot.

For those of you who haven't read the news, please do so. It'll explain why there have been no updates this week.

Posted by Linko_16

[url=http://linkoman.smackjeeves.com/]Gak Splat[/url].

Posted by Alastor

Funny... This whole time, I thought those were some kind of black wings. :cookie:

Posted by Linko_16

... Seriously?

Weird.

Posted by Alastor

Yeah, I'm not even kidding. I thought that was supposed to be, like, black angel wings. :s

Posted by Linko_16

Understandable, I guess. I've really only been working with standing sprites, so without any dynamic movements to show the hair waving about, it's fair enough to mistake it for something else.

Posted by Omni

It's about time there was a new one of these. :)

Posted by Grave Wisdom

One of the best ones yet. Personally, I like how some of these comics have a serious tone. As much as I like Filler, ThatVGCShow,ThatDAShow etc., having a more serious comic to read is a very nice contrast. Keep up the good work!

Posted by Linko_16

[url=http://linkoman.smackjeeves.com/]Powah Boost[/url].

Posted by Alastor

NO, YOU WILL BE KILL BY DEMONS

Posted by Linko_16

lol, that's all anyone's going to talk about for this comic.

Posted by Grave Wisdom

Any comic featuring Crash Man is an automatic win. Not even kidding.

Posted by Linko_16

Party like it's 19XX!!

I'm seriously proud of that line.

Posted by Linko_16

[url=http://linkoman.smackjeeves.com/]Read the news[/url].

Posted by Linko_16

Halloween special! My usual presentation of my sprite's costume, which is always the same as my own. Make sure to read the Author comment for the whole story.

Posted by Minesweeper

Poor, poor, sexy-butt deprived Linko Man. =(

[/late]

Posted by Linko_16

Never get between Linko Man and his sexy-butt.

Posted by Linko_16

Oh lawdy, a new comic. Read the news for information on future updates.

By the way, Zeta, I need your sheet. I had to borrow the sprite in today's comic from That VGC Show.

EDIT - Oh, hey, interesting note: I don't know if any of you remember me mentioning Erifder, author of one of my favorite old comics, Ruby Red, but apparently he was searching for his old username on a whim and stumbled upon one of my mentions of him here at VGC, when I referenced him as one of my early-day idols. He contacted me, which kinda blew my mind, but we buddied up, he asked what I was doing these days (the whole reason he knows me is from when, ages ago, I asked him to review my infantile sprite comics), and I showed him Linko Man. If you scan the archives, you'll find some of his comments.

Posted by Iris

That last panel was great.

Posted by Linko_16

Yeah, all the necessary text ended up covering the monitor in the background, but it's almost kinda funnier when you only get a glance at it.

Posted by Minesweeper

Update. =O Yaaaaaahoooo~!

*parties* ^(^^)^

xD Much lols were had for CrashMan and the last panel. xD

Posted by Linko_16

Linko Man update.

Getting Rufus to walk was the greatest achievement of my life. It may not seem so awesome to you philistines, but it was SUCH a hassle. Seriously, I'm more impressed with that new sprite than I am with Hermes.

Posted by Iris

I'll never dump that sell-out!

This is looking to get dramatic. Good, not enough fightning lately.

Posted by Zeta

That Hermes is such a hunk.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Zeta: That Hermes is such a hunk.

lol, I know, it all came together so well.

I still need your sheet, by the way, if you want more cameos.

Posted by Zeta

Ah, didn't see that post.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/Kvar/resizingsucks-1.png

Posted by Linko_16

Thx buddy.

Quoting Iris: I'll never dump that sell-out!

Yeah, I actually avoided having you comment on Hermes's last line because I wasn't sure how the real you would react. I mean, he is a hunk. Glad to know you're still on my side. <3

Posted by Alastor

Holy crap... I'M BACKWARDS!

Posted by Linko_16

Yeah, that was hard to do.

Posted by Alastor

Wish I had an actual backwards standing sprite. Like, a normal one. Might try editing it out of the camera pose you made, but probably not. I'm lazy.

By the way, you sticking with my old sheet for Linko Man? I don't mind in the slightest, just wanting to make sure.

Posted by Linko_16

Yeah. It's easier to stick with what I've got, and no offense, but I really just like the old one loads better anyway.

Posted by Alastor

I'm kind of attached to it myself, but the hair was just too... poofy in hindsight. =/

But the base for it was Arche. And Arche is mai waifu. <3

Do you dislike the outfit too, or just the hair? I've got a sheet of the new outfit with the old hairstyle if you'd like that.

Posted by Linko_16

The current outfit is fine, but what does the new one look like? For characters who aren't wearing armor all the time, it would be interesting to have them wear different clothes every once in a while.

Posted by Alastor

You haven't noticed? It's a gray hoodie with a black stripe in the middle. Look back at the latest TVGCS again. I'm in it.

Posted by Linko_16

Oh, I guess I didn't notice. It's pretty similar in coloration and didn't really catch my eye, and my focus was on the new hair anyway.

In that case, I have your sheet and may switch outfits every once in a while, or perhaps permanently.

Posted by Alastor

You mean you have the one I was talking about? Old hair, new shirt? I didn't think I sent it to anyone.

Posted by Linko_16

Oh, no, I have the new hair and new shirt sheet, and I figured I could just put them together the way I wanted. But sending me the old hair, new shirt sheet would be nice.

Posted by Alastor

In a few days, I'll get right on it.

Posted by Ant

i liked the part where he said "****" hahaha.

Posted by Red

just got caught up. that Hermes sprite is way too cool!
good job. can't wait for the next one.

Posted by Linko_16

Thanks, guys, it's those little compliments that make it worthwhile.

SO I'D BETTER GET PLENTY OF THEM FOR TODAY'S NEW ONE. I mean, it is a joke specially engineered for VGC.

Posted by Stalolin

SALADE **** YEAH

and oh ***, phear teh strom

linko, if you keep vgc references up like this, you COULD be funnier than tdas

Posted by Linko_16

I wouldn't dream of it.

Posted by Alastor

<333333

Cameramen are so silent.

Posted by Linko_16

All good cameramen are strong but silent, and wear a backwards baseball cap at all times. Don't you watch movies?

Posted by Red

LOL Teh Strom's face is great!

Posted by Linkman

hahaha that's super!

Posted by Zelda_Guy

wtf why am i not in it jks.

Posted by Linko_16

Update! A little more VGC action in this one. I had to work out some new sprites for Dan and Iris, I hope they don't mind me mangling their sprites a bit to fit my design. Read the author comment for the full story.

Posted by Alastor

/r/ that sprite. <3

And HOLY CHRIST ON A BIKE, I HAVE LINES!

AND ON TOP OF THAT, I DID SOMETHING! Best ****ing comic ever.

Posted by Linko_16

Yeah, sorry you haven't gotten to do anything yet, but like it says in the Author comments, every other time you've been on screen, the camera was rolling. I always intended for you to do/say stuff eventually.

Posted by Alastor

Senpai <3

Posted by Iris

Oh ***, oh jesus, I loved this comic. I really liked the new sprites, especially the one of you catching me. Great job, as always, and I guess Linko Man may have a love interest. :cool:

Posted by Linko_16

Yeah, I'm glad that one turned out so good.

Anyway, isn't the spunky, independent female reporter always supposed to fall in love with the super hero? Not sure what ramifications that'll have, but it promises future hilarity, at least.

Posted by Iris

Single female reporter, havin' lots of sex.

Posted by David M. Awesome

Hooray, Linko Man.

Posted by Red

I really love the last panel.

Posted by Linko_16

I'd hope so, that's where the joke goes.

For the record, I'm busy not only with school things, but also with other sprite and literature projects, so the next Linko Man will be quite late. I won't try to slap a date on it, but I'd imagine it'll be done at least before a week from now.

EDIT - also, this marks the Sprite Block's 4000th post. **** yeah.

Posted by Linko_16

New Linko Man! Those of you who were wondering how I'd reconcile a superpower as unbeatable as Invulnerability may be pleased by this one.

Posted by Red

good job.

when they were fighting what kind of effect was used? it's really cool.

Posted by Linko_16

Author comments tell all.

Posted by Red

This whole time I thought the "comments" link were to the user comments lol.

Posted by Alastor

Very smexy effect, senpai.

The plot snails along...

Posted by Iris

I was expecting far more from the thud, but thankfully the shonk managed to pick up its slack.

Nice comic. :cool:

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Alastor: The plot snails along...

The downfall of this comic is that it's really meant to be read all at once, rather than once every week and a half or so. It's like if you could only read manga at, like, three pages a month.

Quoting Iris: I was expecting far more from the thud, but thankfully the shonk managed to pick up its slack.

Yeah, I looked back at some point and thought that I could've spread out the multi-image technique some more, but it would've meant starting that panel all over again since I'd collapsed the layers already, so I just let it be.

Also, that's "Shink." I guess the text is a little screwy.

Posted by Iris

Don't worry, Shonk delivers.

Posted by Alastor

Shonk is better.

Posted by Linko_16

Quite a while ago, I decided to share with you guys The Zelda Power Chronicles, a lazily done comic I made for some friends over at Zelda Power, and it was quite well received. It was a comic whose updates were even fewer and farther between than Linko Man, and after only fifteen comics I forgot about it.

However, I've just endowed it with its own SmackJeeves website and promised my ZP friends that I'd continue with it finally, giving it the same diligence and attention as Linko Man. So, since it was enjoyed here, I'll let you guys in on the updates.

[url=zpchronicles.smackjeeves.com][/url]

As of right now, there's one new comic celebrating its return and new author comments for the original fifteen. This time it's you guys who'll have to read the "about" section and the author comments if you want to be in on all the jokes.

Hope you like it. Since Linko Man is technically an action/drama/whatever, ZPC is my only comic that's strictly humor-based, so drink up.

Posted by Linko_16

New Linko Man. News, author comment, et cetera, you know the drill. I figured I owed you one before I went away for the weekend, since I'll be absorbed by Brawl when I return.

EDIT - I've also since updated ZPC, for those who are interested, giving it its first real new comic in two years.

Posted by Alastor

...Wow, I turned out to be a pretty shitty cameraman. I'M SUPPOSED TO BE EVER-WATCHING AND EVER-VIGILANT, CAPTURING ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING WITH MY MIGHTY LENS!

...God, I suck.

btw, how'd your French test go? I thought you were like really fluent in French already, anyway. But then again, I barely know anything about you off of VGC, so I'm not sure where I get the fact that you rock French from. Maybe it's your love of berets?

Posted by Linko_16

To those who don't speak French, I probably give the impression that I rock at it, but I'd crumble in a conversation with an actual French person. I know, our instructor this semester is from France.

I did great on the test, but I was almost late, so I parked in a really close parking lot instead of the usual one I'm supposed to park at. Unfortunately, that parking lot is for a restaurant and hotel, and since it's so close to the university, they have to threaten to tow people who park there for other things. I've parked there twice before, once before I even went to ASU and another time in a similar situation where I needed the extra time, but I didn't get towed so I thought it was fine. This time I did.

Luckily I got my car back in a hurry, since I need it to drive to Vegas, but I had to pay $120. How they noticed it and got someone to tow it in time, I'll never know, since it was only, like, 30-45 minutes before I was back.

EDIT - also, you never know, maybe you had your camera on afterall. Maybe you just keep it on all the time, a la Cloverfield.

Posted by Alastor

...Touch

Posted by Iris

Haha, awesome. But how could us mere mortals help you?!

Also, glad we didn't make you fail French. Then I would feel obligated to feel bad.

Posted by Alastor

Quoting Iris: Also, glad we didn't make you fail French. Then I would feel obligated to feel bad.

No reason to lie to him, Iris. :amy:

Posted by Iris

Yeah, I guess I probably wouldn't feel that bad.

Posted by Linko_16

Update. Sorry for the stub.

Posted by Alastor

I commented at the site before you even posted this. That's dedication.

Posted by Minesweeper

*gives Alastor a gold star* :3

I don't get to complain about the size or frequency of other peoples' updates. =D Besides, as long as it's an update, I'm happy. :3

Posted by Alastor

True enough. I shouldn't be talking. We're biweekly at best, which still isn't good compared to a ton of people. :(

Posted by Red

I was 2 comics behind!!

anyway, very nice. in one of the last cells of the latest comic, where it shows the metools, and dead people on the ground, I would have expected Megaman Zero sprites, of that part in the game when everyone in the base is lying on the ground injured. but either way it looks good d(^.^) b

Posted by Linko_16

I did use Zero/ZX sprites there, and for one reason: they have a great selection of ordinary-looking people sprites, but they're too small to use next to the usual MM8/RM&F style sprites I've chosen to use for Linko Man, so I try to snag every rare opportunity I get to use them when they don't have to stand right alongside other, bigger sprites. Plus, they do indeed have awesome K.O.'d-on-the-floor sprites.

Anyway, new Linko Man today. Pulled an all-nighter to get it to you, too, though that's not saying much since I last went to sleep yesterday morning and woke up at five in the evening. I... don't sleep well. Also, for those of you who glaze over the news, I've begun recommending other SJ comics I've found for your viewing pleasure, so it may interest you to take a look every time a new Linko Man is out.

Also, for those interested, I also updated [url=zpchronicles.smackjeeves.com]The Zelda Power Chronicles[/url].

Enjoy!

Posted by Alastor

Just read it. SUDDEN AND UNEXPECTED PLOT TWIST IS SUDDEN AND UNEXPECTED. How will Dr. Lunko's plan proceed with no Legion?

Prediction: [spoiler]Hermes dies in a bit of "shoot the messenger" rage by Lunko. Or he just takes his body from him, making him no more than another Metool. BUT I'M PROBABLY TOTALLY WRONG.[/spoiler]

Edit: [spoiler]Or Lunko has kept up with the whole thing on TV (assuming Iris and I started filming again, I guess!), does some maniacal laughter, and proceeds to say, "JUST AS PLANNED!"[/spoiler]

Posted by Iris

Finally, a new one. >:O Such a twist!

typo in first panel <3

Posted by Alastor

KNOCK IT OF, IRIS! He worked all night to give us this comic! :mad:

Posted by Iris

I read the comments though! The link isn't too bad at all, until I got to the spork one and decided not to read further! :(

Posted by Linko_16

Forget the spork thing. It's the only instance of lolr4nd0m!1 in the comic, I promise. I'm secretly hoping she's somehow alerted to my praise of her comic. I crave recognition.

And what I think you're referring to is when he says "hideou-", which isn't a typo, he's being cut off. Probably wasn't a good idea to have that happen between panels.

Edit - Oh, man, it occurred to me that he could also be saying "hideous" instead of "hideout." ****.

I think that the typo being referred to is the "call of the Metools," which sounds very funny out of context.

Also, you did a fine job with the continuation of the story. I'm always somewhat impressed with writers who are able to make their characters solve problems in ways other than violence, ignorance, or quite possibly even madness.

Posted by Iris

David got it.

Anyways, guess I won't regret reading that comic some more then!

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting David M. Awesome: I think that the typo being referred to is the "call of the Metools," which sounds very funny out of context.

Yes it does.

Fixed. Funny I didn't notice it, even after looking it over again in search of a typo.

Posted by Linko_16

I kinda weaseled my way into getting my wish by nonchalantly mentioning to Krista in a comment on one of her strips that'd I'd praised [url=http://www.smackjeeves.com/comicprofile.php?id=12076]Loudmouth Trash[/url]. She visited Linko Man and everything. It feels so special now.

Posted by Alastor

Quoting Linko_16: nonchalantly

:rolleyes:

Posted by Linko_16

Shut up. I totally crush on people who make amazing comics when they give me attention. Do you have any idea how awesome it felt when I realized RyanMC had fav'd Linko Man?

Posted by Alastor

Quoting Linko_16: Do you have any idea how awesome it felt when I realized RyanMC had fav'd Linko Man?

Hell no. Like 5 people read TVGCS. I have no idea what it feels like to have anyone fav the stuff we do.

Posted by Linkman

Quoting Alastor: Hell no. Like 5 people read TVGCS. I have no idea what it feels like to have anyone fav the stuff we do.

;_;

Posted by Linko_16

I'm just lucky enough to have made a comic that happens to be accessible to non-VGCers. You guys are really good, you could make an accessible comic if you had a good idea.

Posted by Iris

[quote=Linko_16;834683][COLOR=indigo]I'm just lucky enough to have made a comic that happens to be accessible to non-VGCers. You guys are really good, you could make an accessible comic if you had a good idea.[/COLOR]
key word there, buddy

Posted by Alastor

Quoting Linko_16: You guys are really good, you could make an accessible comic if you had a good idea.

Quoting Linko_16: if you had a good idea.

Quoting Linko_16: good idea.

Quoting Linko_16: You guys

Ohoho, you're too much, sir. :link:

Posted by Linko_16

OH *** AN UPDATE LIKE RAIN IN A DROUGHT ANSKDBSFVGOIASLJKWNBJFEHS.

Posted by Alastor

AND IT ONLY TOOK YOU NEARLY TWO MONTHS

Stop letting Chris and I rub off on you. We suck.

BRAVO GOOD SIR, hope the next update comes soon. :(

Posted by Linko_16

NEVAH.

FIFTY YEARS BEFORE THE NEXT UPDATE.

BWA HA HA HA HA.

Posted by Alastor

And nothing of value was lost.

Posted by Iris

Oh ***, I thought you were really invulnerable LinkoMan! You jerk, you lying, hope-raising jerk. :crying:

Posted by Linko_16

New.

Posted by Alastor

This is ****ing hilarious if you read all of LinkoMan's lines in the Microsoft Sam voice.

btw, /r/ the binary in the next-to-last panel. I'm sure you snuck a word in there.

Posted by Iris

I must help! It's my destiny, Linko Man!

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Alastor: btw, /r/ the binary in the next-to-last panel. I'm sure you snuck a word in there.

[color=indigo][b]No, sorry... I can count in binary, but I'm not really sure what the principles of writing in binary are. It's all just random. Would've been a great idea, though. Probably something like FATAL ERROR IN DRIVE B, if I had thought of it.

EDIT - Actually, I just looked up a text-to-binary converter and tried that, but even just the word "ERROR" is an awful low of zeros and ones, so it would've been a bad idea with that amount of space. Maybe I'll do a joke like that later, when there's room for it, and it'd be funny for a wall of binary to appear.

Also, according to that converter, it turns out this is what I actually wrote:

š

Posted by Alastor

What a wasted opportunity. You disappoint me, senpai.

Two Linko Mans (Linko Men?) while I was gone? I should leave town more often.

Posted by Alastor

Do it.

Ok. I'm leaving for Michigan tomorrow.

Posted by Linko_16

[quote=David M. Awesome]

STREET SHARKS?

Posted by Alastor

Yes, I do believe it is Street Sharks.

Posted by Linko_16

It's from an inside joke. We were both in the car just talking, and I used the word "jawsome" at some point. Then said, "Heh, Street Sharks."

David: "STREET SHARKS?"

Posted by Alastor

I thought you honestly couldn't tell.

Guess that's what I get for trying to be helpful.

**** you.

Posted by Linko_16

Now for two announcements, issued in order of importance:

My *** itches.

And there's a New Linko Man.

Carry on.

Posted by Alastor

All of these great maian jokes make me said that he'll never see any of them.

You should thank me for being out of town.

Posted by Linko_16

Never come back.

lol k

Posted by Linko_16

Neeeeeeeew.

Posted by Alastor

nn0 m04r cHaEse s3eeEn?

Awesome. I expect some plot advancement after a fight scene.

btw, you're obviously going to use some effects in the next comic.

Protip: CTRL S. CTRL S a lot.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Alastor: nn0 m04r cHaEse s3eeEn?

****, dude, maybe I should get you to write the warped text from now on.

Posted by Alastor

Why? :O

Linko Man is going to rip off Hermes' arm and beat him to death with it.

Posted by Linko_16

Way to ruin it.

Posted by Alastor

That's fine. Beating someone to death with their own skull is cooler, anyway.

[quote=Alastor;861881]That's fine. Beating someone to death with their own skull is cooler, anyway.

The tricky part is removing their skull without already killing them.

Posted by Linko_16

Science will find a way.

Posted by Minesweeper

If you remove the skull without damaging the brain and/or spinal cord or exposing said gray matter to the air, then...

Wait, crap. I mean, uh...

"BOOOO~! I aaaam the BOOOOX GHOOOOST~!" *waves arms*

Posted by Zeta

Cloning. BAMF SKULL PROBLEM SOLVED

Posted by Minesweeper

Well, SURE. If you wanna take the EASY way out. xP

Don't be afraid to get your hands bloody- er... I mean, messy! Right. No blood here. <<;; *cough*

Posted by Alastor

RvB reference failed.

"Tex walked right up to him, pulled Jimmy's skull right out of his head and beat him to death with it."
"Wait a second. How do you beat someone to death with their own skull? That doesn't seem physically possible."
"That's exactly what Jimmy kept screaming."
[Flashback] "This doesn't seem physically possible! Hurk... blaaaah."

Posted by Minesweeper

I can't fail. I'm a GHOST. I DEFY your accusations of failinginess!! MWUAHAHA!

Posted by Linko_16

Yaaaaaay, happy birthday Linko Man. Check the site for a fourteen panel comic.

I'm going to go tear my eyes out so they'll stop hurting from staring at a screen all day to finish it in time.

Posted by Alastor

ruv u senpai

Just seeing all of those new sprites makes my eyes hurt for you.

TOTALLY worth it. <3

Posted by Minesweeper

Quoting Linko_16: I'm going to go tear my eyes out so they'll stop hurting from staring at a screen all day to finish it in time.

Hurty eyes are not fun. =(

The comic's spectacular, tho. =D Looks fantastic, as always. :3

And Linko Man gets the last words. =D [SIZE="1"](As fun as the messed up speech is, I'm grateful you let Linko Man's exposition be in normal speech. =) Explanations are easier to understand when you can... well, you know... UNDERSTAND them. ^.^;; )[/SIZE]

Oh, just make sure you don't lose your eyes when you tear them out, m'kay? ;_;

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Minesweeper: (As fun as the messed up speech is, I'm grateful you let Linko Man's exposition be in normal speech. =) Explanations are easier to understand when you can... well, you know... UNDERSTAND them. ^.^;; )

I really only did that because writing it is a bit of a pain.

Posted by Minesweeper

I can understand that. 'Specially considering I tried to write "the messed up speech" in messed-up speech and couldn't get it to look right (er, wrong?). ^^;;; It's hard to make that kind of speech legible (and/or entertaining). *nods sagely* You've done a good job with it. =)

Posted by Linko_16

New Linko Man. So begins year two.

Nice.

Posted by Iris

Awesome. I'm really proud. It's hard to keep to a plot sometimes, y'know?

Posted by Linko_16

It helps when you only update, like, once every three weeks.

Posted by Alastor

ZS, bun hair in last panel, etc.

Posted by Linko_16

Can't unsee it.

Posted by Linko_16

Sup guys. Would an update be great right about know or whOH WOULD YOU LOOK AT THAT.

Hold on while I find an image macro that will properly relate my complete and total surprise.

Posted by Alastor

probably a sexual deviant

Posted by Linko_16

It's a bird

It's a plane

No, it's

an updated Linko Man.

Posted by Linko_16

New Linko Man.

Is anyone left who cares? :(

Posted by Omni

Me.

Posted by Red

wow, I almost forgot about Linko Man! give me a sec to look.

Posted by Red

haha I really enjoyed the last 3 comics. (I had quite a bit of catching up to do)

keep up the Good work Linko. :)

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Omni: Me.

Quoting Red: wow, I almost forgot about Linko Man! give me a sec to look.

Mortal enemies banding together to read my ****ty comic. <3 <3 <3

EDIT - Oh, wait, was Omni one of the people that really hated Red? Can't remember. Might be thinking of her and Roger.

Posted by Red

yeah you're thinking of her and Roger.

I think me and Omni are on good terms, or at least I'd like to think so. I can never follow who actually doesn't like me on this site though :S. haha :p

Posted by Linko_16

Quick, post more. If we make a new page then I'll feel less depressed about how old all the posts on this one are.

Posted by Red

haha, if is it too late? I'm posting more now.

Posted by Omni

Quoting Linko_16: Mortal enemies banding together to read my ****ty comic. <3 <3 <3

EDIT - Oh, wait, was Omni one of the people that really hated Red? Can't remember. Might be thinking of her and Roger.

I don't like Red, but there are worse people on this site.

Posted by Linko_16

If that's not love I don't know what is.

Posted by Red

good enough for me.

Posted by Linko_16

Linko Man updated.

*tumbleweed blows by*

Posted by Red

ahh I haven't visited vgc in awhile....nice job though, keep 'em coming!

Posted by Omni

You need to bring this back, Linko.

Posted by Linko_16

:(

Posted by Omni

No, seriously. Now that Klarth owns VGC, you need to start making comics again.

Posted by Linko_16

Maybe you should ask Klarth if he'll buy Linko Man too.