PSP Slim

Posted by Degeneration

aka THE DS LITE KILLER

[IMG]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y86/Dragon17013/e3-2007-psp-slim-revealed-200707130.jpg[/IMG]

lawl. Behold the future. The known differences:

- Slimmer and lighter.
- TV connectivity.
- Somewhat faster load times.

http://gear.ign.com/articles/804/804856p1.html

Posted by Crazy K

What's the PSP?

Posted by Klarth

This is a lame piece of ****. Video-out could be done with USB and a firmware update, and the only reason it's thinner is because they've removed the handgrips on the back. Oh, and they've moved the headphone jack into a position which makes it impossible to keep the thing in your pocket while you've got phones in.

Only real upgrade here is the fixed d-pad - And I opened my PSP and modded mine long ago. PSP 1.0001 right here.

Posted by Apathetic

Whats wrong with the D pad?

Posted by Klarth

Compare the PSP pad to one on a PS2 controller. World of difference. The PSP's is sticky and stiff.

Posted by Colonel

Quoting Degeneration: aka THE DS LITE KILLER

aka NOT

Posted by Creedence

When my dumbass friend tried to downgrade his firmware like you Netman, he did it wrong and bricked the PSP. Then I made fun of him. Also he broke his DS.

Posted by U.B.C.S. Nick

Do you think Sony will steal anymore ideas from Nintendo? They might make a PSP 2 with a touch screen or just two wide screens...

Posted by Colonel

Anything is possible as far as Sony goes but it's highly unlikly of them...I hope.

Posted by WillisGreeny

I heard a story about how Sony and Nintendo worked together, then a fall out, and then out came Sony's Playstation. Yeah, this isn't incredibly new for Sony to steal Nintendo's ideas. :(

Posted by U.B.C.S. Nick

Sigh, if they were still working together, we'd have the DSP; Duel, wide and touch screen glory...

Posted by veritas

Zomg I gotta buy one

Posted by Klarth

Quoting MMX&oldies-fan: When my dumbass friend tried to downgrade his firmware like you Netman, he did it wrong and bricked the PSP. Then I made fun of him. Also he broke his DS.

Clearly you should decapitate him with your teeth.

Posted by Apathetic

Splice the two dead systems, and beat him with it to show him that he sucks hard. [COLOR="DimGray"]bashing is so fun[/COLOR]

Posted by junior senior

I see no comparison pictures. :o

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

That's because there's barely anything to compare. It's only, what, like a couple millimeters thinner? Yeah. Lame.

Posted by Creedence

Quoting Apathetic: Splice the two dead systems, and beat him with it to show him that he sucks hard. [COLOR="DimGray"]bashing is so fun[/COLOR]

He broke his modded xbox too, I'll just beet him with that, it'd be more fun. If you want to meet the retard his screen name is Tabascork.

Posted by Degeneration

Here's a thickness comparison from Gamespot. I wasn't sure if they allowed hotlinking so I f'n stole it.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y86/Dragon17013/newpsp_screen001.jpg

Posted by Speedfreak

Making chips smaller and cheaper isn't Nintendo's idea, it's standard industry procedure. I don't think repackaging a system is entirely Nintendo's idea either, even if it was they've been doing it since the GameBoy, I don't think it's really fair to say Sony are ripping off Nintendo with this.

Having said that, am I the only one who can't see any difference between the slim model and the regular model? They look almost identical to me. Shame they didn't make it prettier, I always thought PSP was an ugly system.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Quoting Speedfreak: Making chips smaller and cheaper isn't Nintendo's idea, it's standard industry procedure.

That I agree with.

[Quote] I don't think repackaging a system is entirely Nintendo's idea either, even if it was they've been doing it since the GameBoy

I agree. Nintendo was the first to be successful at repackaging gaming systems. I certainly don't see Sega or Atari still sellin their handhelds.

Gameboy (89) -> Play it loud Gameboy (95)-> Gameboy pocket (96) -> Gameboy light (97, very rare) -> Gameboy color (98)
ect ect...

Sony playstation gets introduced in 95 and doesn't repackage anything untill 2000 in a new white case model PS1. So Nintendo clearly was ahead in that department.

[Quote]I don't think it's really fair to say Sony are ripping off Nintendo with this.

Sony has seen the "shrink it, they still buy it" stats from Nintendo's sales. Not that Sony couldn't have thought of doing it alone, it's just that I doubt they weren't looking at Nintendo, their compatition. I consider it a mild case of ripping off your competitor, how ever, if it works then it'd be stupid not to.

Who ****ing cares? They need something to revitalize their handheld. Every industry borrows ideas from each other, the video game business isn't any different.

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

[b]WOW, WHAT A HUGE DIFFERENCE![/B]

Posted by Degeneration

Yep. Nintendo's days are numbered.

But in all seriousness, the PSP's biggest flaws didn't require a total physical overhaul. Unlike the DS, it pretty much had the general look down as soon as it hit the market.

It was too large and too heavy for a handheld device. The speakers were in a weird location (the bottom). The D-pad and button responses were off. Load times could get lengthy.

All of these issues have apparently been dealt with. I'd call it a success if not for one thing: the battery life. The PSP Slim requires less power but uses a weaker battery that cancels out the bonus. Errr...

Still to this day, I feel hulky and awakward holding that stupid thing, it starts to hurt my arms after awhile - but I suppose that's because I'm just a little girl as far as strength goes. I'd much prefer a DS, though the PSP still is absolutely the best as far as homebrew, ect. I still have a virgin v1.5 PSP that I run all my old ISOs and emulators from :D

Posted by Tabascork

Quoting MMX&oldies-fan: When my dumbass friend tried to downgrade his firmware like you Netman, he did it wrong and bricked the PSP. Then I made fun of him. Also he broke his DS.

My PSP was crippled, not bricked. It WAS capable of playing games until I smashed it out of pure hate.

Quoting netman: This is a lame piece of ****. Video-out could be done with USB and a firmware update.

USB is not capable of transmitting an ANALOG NTSC signal. USB uses a DIGITAL protocol to send data.

Quoting MMX&oldies-fan: He broke his modded xbox too, I'll just beet him with that, it'd be more fun. If you want to meet the retard his screen name is Tabascork.

My Xbox's HDD is broken, not the entire thing, dumbass. It can easily be revived by getting another one.

*** is this ENTIRE thread about me or a ****ing PSP?

Quoted post: Yep. Nintendo's days are numbered.

But in all seriousness, the PSP's biggest flaws didn't require a total physical overhaul. Unlike the DS, it pretty much had the general look down as soon as it hit the market.

It was too large and too heavy for a handheld device. The speakers were in a weird location (the bottom). The D-pad and button responses were off. Load times could get lengthy.

All of these issues have apparently been dealt with. I'd call it a success if not for one thing: the battery life. The PSP Slim requires less power but uses a weaker battery that cancels out the bonus. Errr...

Just one thing left: ****ty controls. There's a lot of good games on the system, but they're actually quite bad due to the terrible controls. What's up, MGSPO? Either they need to figure out better controls or add another nub.

I think the nub was a good though, but was executed poorly. I can't handle a slider key, it's just stupid.

The nub is fine, they just need another one.

Posted by EvilDeadGamer

Quoting Tabascork: *** is this ENTIRE thread about me or a ****ing PSP?

it's about your jaco...were all ubsessed with you and your life. lol

Posted by Creedence

Quoting Tabascork: My PSP was crippled, not bricked. It WAS capable of playing games until I smashed it out of pure hate.

USB is not capable of transmitting an ANALOG NTSC signal. USB uses a DIGITAL protocol to send data.

My Xbox's HDD is broken, not the entire thing, dumbass. It can easily be revived by getting another one.

*** is this ENTIRE thread about me or a ****ing PSP?

You and your smart words and dereping users with more rep than you, now ur just screwed here, but yeah, my computers broken come fix it.

Posted by Klarth

[quote=Tabascork]USB is not capable of transmitting an ANALOG NTSC signal. USB uses a DIGITAL protocol to send data.
Really I did not know that. How enlightening thank you.

I have only one response to this, and that is A DONGLE YOU VACUOUS LITTLE TOAD.

Posted by U.B.C.S. Nick

It seems the world is truly governed by someones weight...Even consoles.
They make the PS2 which is normal, everyday sized then transform it into one of those size zero model's.

They made the PS3 to look like a PS2 that has eaten another PS2, a fat "bread bin".

They tried to do the same shrinkage with the PSP...At least the DS's "diet" wasn't just superficial.

Posted by Klarth

The slim PS2 just underwent another hardware revision and now it's something like 30% lighter. Go figure.

Posted by TimeSkipz

Quoting WillisGreeny: I heard a story about how Sony and Nintendo worked together, then a fall out, and then out came Sony's Playstation. Yeah, this isn't incredibly new for Sony to steal Nintendo's ideas. :(

Sony was working on the Play Station it was just the playstation with a slot for snes games. The snes was dying out so they decided not to put the snes port on it, thus creating the Playstation