Sony ordered to pay $90.7 mil. in patent infringement suit

Posted by Draxamus

[quote]LOS ANGELES

Posted by Prince Shondronai

Wow. So not only does the crappy feedback in the dual shock controller feel like you're holding your hands on the hood of a Model T, but sony didn't even acquire the rights to it properly. I laugh at their misfortune on both counts.

Posted by Captain Falcon

I dont like PS2 controllers any way. I have big hands, so xbox controller s controllers fit my hands perfectly.

Posted by maian

I detest the PS2 controller. It's drastically uncomfortable, and the joysticks are in horrible placements. Not to mention it's ugly, has 4 shoulder buttons, and uses shapes instead of numbers. Of course, you get over that easily...

I don't care either way. Let them suffer.

Posted by Big Boss

Well, that sucks for us with normal, human hands.

Posted by Speedfreak

Quoting Big Boss]

Holding Xbox and GC controllers was never an issue for us norms.

Posted by Ant

so wait...this Immersion Corp owns the rights to every video game controler ever made...news to me. But I'm surprised sony wouldn't just pony up the cash right away to avoid this from happening.

Posted by Towelie1

Sony is a money making machine, of course they wouldnt pay for rights if they thought they could get away with it, i mean, just look at the psp, i costs them too much to make working buttons

Posted by Big Boss

Quoting Speedfreak: The PS2 controller is smaller than the others. Maybe you and your friends have small hands. :X

No, the GCN controller is smaller. You can wrap your hands around it and cover the whole thing. That's kind of common knowledge. o_O

Posted by Speedfreak

Measure them, it isn't. That "common knowledge" is actually rampant fanboyism. Their widths are the same as far as the main part of the controller goes (the bit with the buttons on), the outward sticking prongs only make it look wider. The Gamecube's prongs are actually longer, fitting bigger hands.

Posted by Slade

Quoting Speedfreak: Measure them, it isn't. That "common knowledge" is actually rampant fanboyism. Their widths are the same as far as the main part of the controller goes (the bit with the buttons on), the outward sticking prongs only make it look wider. The Gamecube's prongs are actually longer, fitting bigger hands.
So... it's like one big optical illusion conspiracy, right?
Personally, I love the PS2 controllers, and they fit my hands better than even the X-box S controllers and about 100 times better than any Gamecube controller. The button placements are fine! At least the friggin thing is symmetrical...

Posted by Speedfreak

Last I checked, hands aren't symmetrical.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

Quite. The need for control isn't symmetrical, either. Symmetry is wonderful if all you want to do is look at an object. Manipulation requires that function take the front seat to form, however.