Lets Do It

Posted by Near

So I got a short little character profile up, so lets write some. Anyone interested?

Posted by PaintItBlack

i dont have time to write a reply right now, but im on vacation for a week and i'll probably be perfectly disposed to writing one up when i get there. so id like to unofficially reserve this battle

Posted by Near

No problem, if you would like I'll make an entrance post along with arena that way once youre ready you can go ahead with your opening post.

Posted by PaintItBlack

not a problem thatd be great. ill be in tmrw night

Posted by Near

I remember the day quite vividly. The sun was shinning brightly through the scattered clouds; the wind was blowing ever so slightly causing the blades of grass to dance from side to side. Nothing for miles around, just the never ending fields of knee high grass and a scattered tree or rock here or there. I was actually perched on a rock that beautiful day; I had my sketch book with me drawing the beautiful landscape in front of me.

After penciling in a distant tree, I noticed a figure in the distance heading my way. I remember thinking how strange it was to see someone out here in the middle of nowhere; probably just some wanderer heading to the next town in his path. Slowly the figure grew larger and I was able to make out some minute details. I could see the man, or perhaps woman, had long flowing hair as white as the clouds in the sky. The clothing worn by this mysterious person was very loose, swaying in the gentle breeze, also white in color.

As the wanderer moved closer and closer to me I was able to determine it was in fact a man, and his eyes were of the purest blue I had ever seen. Strapped to his left side hung a blade of some kind, but I had no sense of fear. For some reason I felt this person meant me no harm, and as he came to just a few feet from me, he nodded his head and gave me his name. He said it was ‘Necro’….

OoC: We'll see if I can shake this writing rust off.

Posted by PaintItBlack

ooc:sorry my family has been distracting me and ive been fighting with one of my best friends, on top of having limited internet access. good news is i really want to write. hopefully well both get the rust off soon

ic:
the chances of lightning striking the same place twice and a third adventurer happening across this scene in so remote and specific a location among the vast and sprawling plains are very close to one another. however one finds that in this world probabililty and chance are merely the creation of the fearful uncertain human mind; for fate, as a force stronger than any man, is the black sheep winning the lottery, is cinderella marrying the prince, is the deliverer of karma. as a black dot he started on the horizon, a faceless and shadowy figure of uncertain stature and unpronounced purpose. years of instinct had ingrained in necro a cautionary foreboding at the sight of this figure, and he called to you to stand back as he stiffened his posture and squinted his eyes, straining to make out the man who was approaching, the sun blotting him and outlining him in yellow-white.

ace had long been a vagabond. long had he wandered and learned the ways of the earth. he now advanced across the field with a less peaceful purpose. not unknown to him were the ways of battle, for in his youth his passion was combat, his profession soldiery. only too long can one endure such harshness of life, for it is the human wont to seek peace, love, and fulfilment. today he knew was different; today he knew he must renounce his retirement and fight again. no pity nor anger flushed in his cheeks for the thought of what he must do, for his opponent was worthy and as equally weathered.

"necro, i will not waste much time with formalities," said ace as he came within hailing distance.

a smirk lit both men's faces simultaneously, and ace pounced. lunging full speed towards the man with the blade, ace deftly sidestepped a horizontal swipe and swiftly unearthed his opponent by sweeping his left leg under necro's ankles. well versed in the pace and momentum of battle, ace let his leg swing him back to his feet and followed, spinning, with another kick to the back of necros wrist as he careened backwards and slammed into the ground. the blow snapped his wrist forward, and in reflex the hilt of the blade was let go by the white haired warriors flailing fingers, the weapon itself landing about a dozen meters away. ace, adorned in the colors of the earth (a lightweight sparring outfit of a unique brown and green hue) continued his assault off of the same rotation, this time kicking his bare foot high into the air and performing a backwards sommersault. a resounding crack accompanied a painful thud as ace nailed his landing by bringing his knee down firmly in the middle of necros sternum. always one for gradual escalation, he leapt up and retreated a few paces, allowing his foe (friend?) to regain his breath and offer his rejoinder.

Posted by Near

I could see it in his eyes; this man by the name of Necro was having fun. He was quick to recover from his grounded position as the adrenaline of battle had quickly set in, allowing him to put aside the pain this new combatant had caused.

Rising to his feet I could see Necro look several yards away from him at his fallen blade, but he clearly did not want it as he made a mad dash at the man who had attacked him. His movements were quick, very deliberate. His footwork was quite marvelous as he sped forward through the thick grass. Necro closed the gap between him and his opponent with great haste, but I had trouble keeping up with his blinding speed. In no time at all Necro had delivered what looked like several punches and kicks to his opponent, sending him sprawling out across the thick blades of grass.

My jaw dropped, never in my many years had I seen someone move like that. It was evident that this white haired man had seen his share of battles, and it was obvious how he was still alive. Without knowing it I had already let my sketchpad and pencil fall to the ground, my eyes were now glued to these two warriors doing battle here in the middle of this field. To think, just moments ago I was sitting here in solitude drawing away, and now an intense fight was raging right before my eyes.

I quickly glanced back to Necro who had now made his way to his fallen blade, picking it up and sliding it back into its sheath. He then turned towards the fallen body of his opponent and said “Ace, it has been too long my friend. I am glad it is you who has showed up here today…there aren’t too many out there anymore who can put up a good fight anymore.”

Thoughts raced through my head. Based on his words it was clear these two knew each other. Yet Necro had referred to this ‘Ace’ as a friend. Strange how these two ‘friends’ would battle one another like this, however I was too excited to think about it. I wanted to see more, and I knew it would only get better from here.

Posted by PaintItBlack

ooc: ill finish this tonight, hopefully.

ic:

it was clear upon necro's come back attack that if either of these two warriors had lost a step during their months and years since their last battles, they had lost the same sized step. both men were in peak physical condition, their bodies lean and toned, powerful and swift beyond compare. these two men knew that the battle would not be decided by quick body blows, that there was a deeper presence, a power lurking knowingly beneath the surface of both their untelling visages. Ace regained his feet and turned to address his friend, unspeaking.

unifinished

Posted by Near

Still waiting man. If you don't have time right now, thats fine dude. Perhaps we could pick it up another time, but whatever you want to do.