Halo 3

Posted by Shadow

E3 2007: Halo 3 Single-Player Preview
Detailed impressions from the first level of the game.
by Will Tuttle, TeamXbox

[quote]July 11, 2007 - Well, E3 is officially here, and the first big night kicked off with a solid showing by Microsoft at their press conference, where they made some moderately big announcements before finishing the evening with a brand new Halo 3 trailer that showcased some of the game's single-player moments. Once the event ended, the majority of the journalists on hand streamed into the warm Santa Monica night, heading back to their hotel rooms to write up what they saw. However, for a lucky handful the night was not over... it was just beginning. We strolled down the street to The Viceroy hotel, where Microsoft is showing off many of the year's most anticipated titles behind closed doors, then proceeded to bum-rush said doors to get a glimpse of what the company has in store for the holiday season.

The first game on my plate? Halo 3, naturally! As I headed into the room where Bungie's Frank O'Connor and Brian Jarrard were waiting, my fingers were crossed with the hope that I'd be seeing some single-player action. Not only did I get to see the campaign being played, I actually got to check out a sizable chunk of the game's first level. Before the action began, we found ourselves in the "Campaign Lobby" where players will be able to set up the game, selecting both the levels and the individual segments that make them up. All of the game's modes will start in a lobby of sorts, be it Campaign, Theater, or Multiplayer.

[IMG]http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/803/803489/halo-3-20070711012335111.jpg[/IMG]

After a brief loading screen (during which particles come together to form a halo), we were thrown into the game's first level, which will be called Sierra 117. Jarrard was playing on the Heroic difficulty, starting at what was being referred to as "Rally Point Alpha." We were told that the part we were seeing was actually about a third of the way into the level, as they didn't want to ruin the opening for us. What we did notice right off the bat was the fact that while we were playing as Master Chief, our old buddy the Arbiter was fighting right alongside us and had a green arrow above his head that allowed us to spot him at any time. We asked Frankie about the, ahem, possibility of playing with a friend who was controlling the Arbiter, and he mentioned that, yes, that sure would be cool. **** you Frankie!

If you've got any qualms about the visual fidelity of the single-player game, let's just put those to rest right off the bat. The segment we saw took place in a lush forest, where tall trees cut off a good deal of the sunlight and moss grew on just about every available surface. The foliage and textures looked excellent, as did the "*** rays" that beamed down through gaps in the canopy. We came upon a number of napping Grunts, and Jarrard quickly and quietly beat them to death with the butt of his Battle Rifle (this was the starting weapon in this demo, with the pistol acting as the player's secondary weapon).

Footage: http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/734/734817/vids_1.html

Source: IGN

Posted by krk9590

Can't WAIT!

Posted by Al Borland

I may or may not have online capabilities for 360 at college, so single player better rock the house.

Posted by muffla

well if they take some points from halo one then it will, is said this before and im sure people agree with me, halo 2's single player sucked hard compaired to halo one's

Posted by Acris

come on and get itaru

Posted by Skitzo Control

Halo's plot is about as thick as milk. The only reason I could see anybody caring about it is if you're like me and you can't stand to start a story and not finish it. I'm all about the multi-player, and you can be ****ed sure I'll be on Live the moment I get it, and won't even give single player a glance.

Posted by Waluigi

Quoting Skitzo Control: Halo's plot is about as thick as milk. The only reason I could see anybody caring about it is if you're like me and you can't stand to start a story and not finish it. I'm all about the multi-player, and you can be ****ed sure I'll be on Live the moment I get it, and won't even give single player a glance.

I am with you 99% of the way...that last percent is just gonna have to go to me wanting to know what the hell happens in the end; Yes, the multiplayer (played the beta) has "*** Kickage" written all over it.

I wonder what the new lookin' alien-like 'big' guys are...(don't look like Brutes..)

Posted by cool gamer dad

Personally, I'm 30% campaign, and 70% multiplayer. On the excitement scale.

Posted by Last Fog

I'm about the opposite. 70% excited for the co-op campaign.

But actually, the other 30% doesn't go toward MP, cause I don't give a **** about it. Basically I only care 70% for the game, and its all the campaign. If that makes any sense. :)

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: I wonder what the new lookin' alien-like 'big' guys are...(don't look like Brutes..)

Huh? Pretty sure they haven't introduced a new race to the covenant. The brutes just have a bunch of new designs.

and 75%-25% in favour of campaign. I'm sure that'll change once I find out campaign sucks.

Posted by Skitzo Control

A week to go, guys. Who's excited? Who's excited? WHO'S A GOOD BOY?! WHO'S A GOOD BOY?!

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I'm kinda excited, and I didn't even enjoy Halo 2 that much. POWER OF MASS MARKETING, huh

I'm only excited for single-player because I didn't like Halo 2 online :)

Posted by Last Fog

Eh, it'll give me something to play online until COD4 since the beta is getting a little old.

you'd think they would've raised the level cap at least by now...

Posted by Last Fog

I know everyone gets 16 in a day or two. Theres still all the weapon challenges but I can't be bothered to use most of the weapons.

There's really no point with the challenges if they're all the exact same. I mean, does a sniper or shotgun really need an ACOG scope? Especially when said scope ****ing sucks?

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: I'm only excited for single-player because I didn't like Halo 2 online :)

Dude, you played the beta. Halo 3 online is awesomesauce.

Also, I'll be playing this tomorrow morning. I told my friend this, and he was like 'Yeah, I beat it on Heroic last night.'

The tit.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

IGN said Legendary 4 player co-op takes 5 hours at most because of the respawning system.

LET'S GET US SOME 125G BOYS

Quoted post: Dude, you played the beta. Halo 3 online is awesomesauce.

The beta wasn't awesome. Actual online, probably, but not the beta.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

My cock is hard for the Forge. Some of the stuff people have been putting together already is phenomenal.

Posted by Arcadios

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyMpjU_Xjwo
****ty last level is ****ty.
Just as planned, etc.

Posted by cool gamer dad

So are you getting XBL?

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: The beta wasn't awesome. Actual online, probably, but not the beta.

You obviously weren't playing with the right people. Every night I was on with TBK was amazing.

Posted by cool gamer dad

He was definitely playing with the right people!

Yeah, dude. I was playing with cats. If that's not the right people no one is.

Seriously, he made Gears fun

For those interested, here's an image of all the amours:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v133/VampiroV.Empire/armors.jpg

and how to unlock them:

Body Pieces
Spartan
EVA.................Complete Tsavo Highway on Normal, Heroic, or Legendary
EOD.................Complete Tsavo Highway on Legendary
Scout...............Unlock "Too Close to the Sun" Achievement (Destroy an enemy banshee with the Sp'laser or missile pod in a ranked playlist or campaign)
Elite
Flight...............Complete Tsavo Highway on Heroic or Legendary
Ascetic............Unlock "Up Close and Personal" Achievement (Kill 5 enemies via melee or assassination in a ranked FFA playlist)
Commando....Unlock "Triple Kill" Achievement (Get one triple kill)

Shoulder Pieces
Spartan
EVA.................Complete The Ark on Normal, Heroic, or Legendary
EOD................Complete The Ark on Legendary
Security..........Earn 750 Gamerscore Points
Scout...............Unlock "We're in for some Chop" Achievement (Destroy an enemy vehicle with a piece of equipment in a ranked playlist or campaign)
Elite
Flight...............Complete The Ark on Heroic or Legendary
Ascetic............Unlock "Overkill" Achievement (Get one overkill)
Commando....Unlock "Killing Frenzy" Achievement (Get one killing frenzy)

Head Pieces
Spartan
EVA.................Complete Campaign on Normal, Heroic, or Legendary
EOD.................Complete Campaign on Legendary
Security...........Earn 1,000 Gamerscore Points
Scout................Unlock "Used Car Salesman" Achievement (Destroy an enemy vehicle containing 3 enemies in Campaign or ranked playlists)
Mark V.............Unlock "UNSC Spartan" Achievement (Reach Sergeant ranking online)
ODST...............Unlock "Spartan Graduate" Achievement (Earn 5 EXP or complete 10 ranked matches)
Rogue.............Unlock "Spartan Officer" Achievement (Advance to the Spartan Officer ranks online)
Elite
Flight...............Complete Campaign on Heroic or Legendary
Ascetic.............Unlock "Steppin' Razor" Achievement (Get one triple kill with an energy sword in ranked FFA)
Commando....Unlock "Overkill" Achievement (Get one overkill)

The Hayabusa armour is supposedly unlocked by getting the skulls, but that isn't 100% yet.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

****, they're all pretty ugly.

Incorrect. Scout is awesome, as is Ascetic. ODST is also pretty nice. The rest, not so much. Especially Marathon. And as cool as Hayabusa is (because he is) it's pretty ****ing weird in terms of Halo lore and out of place. But whatever.

Quoted post: LET'S GET US SOME 125G BOYS

All the achievements stack. So, if we ran through and got the terminals, meta-game, plus the skulls we could get 865 G in one run. We can totally do it.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Sounds good to me. Who's joining the PARTY? WOOOO YEAH

Cats has to be in this. We just need one more...

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[IMG]http://www.vgchat.com/customavatars/avatar138_23.gif[/IMG]

evening, chaps.

idk, I can see him being a faggot about it and not being online or saying "lol gonna play some skateboarding/gonna play some arcade games lol"

nah jk, do want

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

'Halo 3? **** that ****, I want to play Carcassone'

We have an unstoppable team. brb practicing with Halo 1

Well, it's only unstoppable because cats is part of our team. He's, like, better than all of us together.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

As long as one of us is alive at all times, we don't have to restart. Should be easy, unless there's an insane battle.

Ah, rainbow six style. Nice. And even then we just go back to the last check point right? Easy.

Though the skulls should make it a bit more difficult.

http://dsc.discovery.com/tv/last-one-standing/halo-sweeps/halo-sweeps.html

so ****ing awesome. New Halo 3 short which takes place right before MC crashes down on earth. Very cool.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Wow, pretty good CG for a TV short.

Posted by Lemuria

I thought the beta was pretty good -- I hope everyone who plans on gettin' H3 has midnight release peeps. =D

Quoted post: Wow, pretty good CG for a TV short.

Not meant for TV as far as I know. This is, what, the third one? Haven't seen one on TV yet.

and idk about midnight. I don't lineup for anything, and I know it won't be sold out. So I'll probably go the following morning.

Posted by Skitzo Control

I didn't see MC on that video, I'm disappointed.

If I can, I might just fork over the $$$ to get the 360 and H3, but I'm not so sure you all would be interested in playing campaign with me.:(

Quoted post: I didn't see MC on that video, I'm disappointed.

Technically you did. That big fireball you saw was the body of chief entering the atmosphere.

And I'd totally play campaign with you. If cats wants to go through it again, we got him, you, myself and possibly Pit if he wants as the fourth person. Pretty good team.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[FONT=Verdana][quote][/FONT][FONT=Verdana]Not meant for TV as far as I know. This is, what, the third one? Haven't seen one on TV yet.[/FONT][FONT=Verdana]
I assumed that since it was the Discovery Channel site, it was gonna air on there at some point.

Should be pretty easy to rally campaign co-op teams. Everyone wants an easy 125G.[/FONT]

Posted by cool gamer dad

MAN

I'M SO PUMPED

HALO 3 HALO 3 HALO 3 HALO 3

Posted by muffla

right now i am soo ****ed of at ****in seven eleven, i called to make sure they will be open and selling copies of halo three at midnight and they said yes, i paid 20 dollars to reseve my copy just in case enough people went to seven eleven to buy it, and i go there tonite and wtf, therse a ****ing sign on the door that sais "sorry we will have halo three tmrw" bull****.

Thus, why you never trust ****ing 7-11 for video games.

Anywho, going tomorrow. But man, do I love watching the news reports. Seriously, this is what the anchor said: "Halo 3 is expected to make big money for its creators Microsoft and Sony."

****, I lol'd so hard. No one else got it.

Posted by muffla

lol wow, thats worse than the "help master chief beat down the eliete and win a ps3" advertisement

Posted by Last Fog

I got a better one. I've been unofficially informed that Sony was sending out reps to many locations with a midnight release to talk about the PS3 and their products.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

7-11 sells video games? Don't think they do here...I'm tempted to walk next door and check, now.

Posted by Roger Smith

Know what's funny? I decided to spend my money on the special edition of World in Conflict instead of H3. But I think I might get H3 sometime down the road.

Quoted post: I got a better one. I've been unofficially informed that Sony was sending out reps to many locations with a midnight release to talk about the PS3 and their products.

Not like they haven't already edited the Halo 3 page a bunch of times.

Posted by Roger Smith

Guys, I totally got H3 special edtion.

Posted by Ilikefluff

yeah how many people's S.E version was all scratched and shat, i got 3 of them hoping to sell to some friends and i had to return all of them,SUCKS,i work at a major retailer and i got off at 10 and there was no line so i waited, 5 mins later there are 10 people behind me, we had about 100 copys and only 45 of them sold,disapointment?

Posted by Skitzo Control

Disappointment? Doubtful. The game's sold so many already thanks to reserves. Of course, cats and I were right about the fact that Bungie was going to ship enough units that it wouldn't sell out on the first day or two.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Well, I got my copy from the supermarket. They didn't have CEs, which was disappointing, but I was so Halohorny that I settled for a regular. Not played it yet - I'd only get a half hour with it right now, so I'm gonna settle down when I come back later and get down to business.

It's cute because the Zellers I went to had, like, eight CE and still one LE when I went there at lunch yesterday. I ended up just getting the normal one anyways. Plus, it came with a poster so I was happy.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

This is a pretty **** good game. Road to Voi was a great mission.

Posted by Last Fog

I was hoping this would keep me busy for about a month, doesn't look like it will. I played 4 missions and it's as mediocre as I expected. And I was never one for halo multiplayer. :'(

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I'm in the opposite zone. I was gonna buy Skate tomorrow, but I'm gonna put it off for a while. Still gotta finish campaign, get the skulls, do co-op and unlock the armors. WOO

Unrelated, but every Spartan ID I've wanted is banned on XBL. N64, P52, M00, T17, and H15 are all disallowed. :(

Posted by Xeones

its unfortunate that i beat the game 7 hours after i bought it, but it is still ****ing amazing to me. Im having tons of fun on the forge maps...some of the **** you can do is just plain hilarious.

Posted by Roger Smith

I beat the game on Heroic, now i'm going through on Legendary. On my own.

Time to finish the fight......again.

Quoted post: unlock the armors.

Good luck with that. 1000 points plus become a officer? Gonna take awhile.

Quoted post: Unrelated, but every Spartan ID I've wanted is banned on XBL. N64, P52, M00, T17, and H15 are all disallowed.

faced. Anything that clearly spells a word is b7

Also, speaking of campaign, dude, "The Covenant" was ****ing LONG. Holy hell. Pretty sweet though.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;754686]Good luck with that. 1000 points plus become a officer? Gonna take awhile.
I don't want all of them. Just the pretty ones.

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Also, speaking of campaign, dude, "The Covenant" was ****ing LONG. Holy hell. Pretty sweet though.

Did anyone else do what I did near the end of that level? Check my Service Record on bnet for what I'm talking about, because I don't think VGC has spoiler tags. The screenshot's called 'Yee-ha'.

Also, I'm totally up for Legendary campaign at some point. It'll need to be arranged ahead of time because I'm working 6pm-2am this week and the next, though, so it's be best to do it on my day off, which I'll post soon.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=WILLETH FOR MONTHS;754751]Did anyone else do what I did near the end of that level? Check my Service Record on bnet for what I'm talking about, because I don't think VGC has spoiler tags. The screenshot's called 'Yee-ha'.
Holy crap, that's a great screenshot. So good, that I recommended it to a couple of my other XBL buddies.

That section, and the level as a whole, was fantastic, the music, along with flying the Hornets... I shat bricks. Unfortunately I DRE'd halfway through the post-Truth cutscene, so I didn't get the level achievement, and missed why MC is back at High Charity. *******it.

HOW DID YOU ENJOY PLAYING WITH ME AND MY PAL TODAY WILL

Hahaha, nice screenshot, man. So downloading that.

Quoted post: and missed why MC is back at High Charity. *******it.

Spoilers [spoiler]The Flood entered though slipstream controlling High Charity. Meanwhile they discover the Ark has created a replacement Halo. They decide to destroy it to stop the flood from spreading, but first Chief goes to High Charity to rescue Cortana who's pretty ****ed up at this point.[/spoiler]

end.

It totally worked exactly how I wanted it to, as well. There was a guy in the back of the 'hog, and he took out all the enemies before I landed on the thing and took it out.

I'm not going to be jumping back in with you guys tonight though, even though I said I would, because Heroes.

Also, has anyone else noticed awesome stuff in Saved Films? There was one occasion that I didn't notice at all when playing the game itself, where I was in a Scorpion gunning everything down, and hit everything - except one Brute, who chased me down a cliff path relentlessly, until I turned the tank around and accidentally crushed the life from him.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

In the last level, I watched most of the opening section from Johnson's perspective, and I didn't even realize that he saved my *** a few times.

How long do screenshots take to upload on Bungie.net? I took about six last night, and none of them are online yet.

Bungie has been having problems updating, even for kills and the like. Though it takes about a day it seems for pictures.

Also, I can't believe no one has found the last skull yet. That's the last one I need. Jesus Bungie hid it well.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Well, I doubt I'll look for it. I want to avoid playing the last level as much as possible. :mad:

Huh? Last level was easy. Just make sure you take out every single flood on the ground before you go to the first level, then take out every flood for the first level before you move to the second. That, and always keep the Arbiter with you. I barely had to fire my gun actually.

Now, Cortana... that was a level I never want to play again.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

It was easy enough - but *******it, seeing [spoiler]Guilty Spark kill Johnson[/spoiler], along with the Flood in general, ****ed me off way too much for me to go through it again. I liked the escape, though. The High Charity mission was probably the hardest section of the game. I avoided killing most of the Flood and just ran for my life.

What does MVP stand for? I just got that achievement before I logged off.

Most Valuable Player. Basically, did the best of anyone, or at least did the best considering the skill of your team.

Also, what's wrong with having the Flood killed off? It was too be expected and had to happen. Though, the escape on a mongoose was ****ing awesome.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Awesome. I thought it was related to killstealing, since one of the kids on my team was whining for the whole match that I was sniping all his potential kills.

I just felt that Journey's End was a way cooler finale - albeit Arbiter saying '*******' pretty much devalued his whole subplot. Plus, I have a sorta Flood phobia, and I wanted to see more of Gravemind than a single tentacle. :(

... YOU CAN DO THE ESCAPE ON A MONGOOSE?!

yeah, it's hidden near the warthog.

Quoted post: I just felt that Journey's End was a way cooler finale - albeit Arbiter saying '*******' pretty much devalued his whole subplot.

Huh? I don't recall which part that was, nor him saying whatever word that is. And I'm fairly certain they kept out Gravemind's appearance because everyone complained about it.

Oh, and I like how ZOMG CLIFFHANGER was the big complaint of Halo 2 and now Halo 3 has two. lol

Posted by Moogs

I played the multiplayer for hours yesterday and loved it. Hadn't had that much fun playing Halo in about a year. Love the cam. So many great moments my friends and I watched over and over and over again.

Posted by Moogs

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: yeah, it's hidden near the warthog.

Huh? I don't recall which part that was, nor him saying whatever word that is. And I'm fairly certain they kept out Gravemind's appearance because everyone complained about it.

Oh, and I like how ZOMG CLIFFHANGER was the big complaint of Halo 2 and now Halo 3 has two. lol

The arbiter called the prophet that, it made me chuckle a bit

I played the multiplayer for hours yesterday and loved it. Hadn't had that much fun playing Halo in about a year. Love the cam. So many great moments my friends and I watched over and over and over again.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;755334]Huh? I don't recall which part that was, nor him saying whatever word that is.
He calls Truth an as[COLOR=Silver]sho[/COLOR]le. Right after he stabs him. Way out of character for Arbiter, man.

[quote]Oh, and I like how ZOMG CLIFFHANGER was the big complaint of Halo 2 and now Halo 3 has two. lolMaster Chief's survival, and... ? I kinda want to see the Elite homeworld.

Keith David voices the arbiter. That's ****ing awesome.

Halo 3 is fun, but I don't see what the massive hype over it is.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Okay, how do I get the Hayabusa shoulders? They're freaking epic.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Quoting Angelwing: Halo 3 is fun, but I don't see what the massive hype over it is.

WHAT?!

LYNCH

Yeah, especially when you won't play with me. :(

Posted by Skitzo Control

I played Halo 3 for an hour. I disliked it so much, I actually wish I had my hour back. As a matter of fact, it was so bad, I believe I'm actually owed an EXTRA hour.:(

Posted by cool gamer dad

Nah, you're just bad at it. Gotta learn how to shoot a BR without autoaim. That, and the things that are wrong with the game can easily be fixed with all of the customization.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

It plays almost exactly like Halo 2. what the ****?

Everyone played H2 with a BR, now the BR is slightly nerfed. That's why.

ANYWHO, I got all skulls and the Hayabusa helmet. I ended up doing it twice for myself and a friend and then another group. Talk about ****ing time consuming. Though, now that I see it on my spartan, it's pretty badass.

Posted by Skitzo Control

I don't dislike it because of the lack of a decent BR. I dislike it because the game feels robotic and clunky.

Like Halo 2?

Posted by Pit

Quoting Skitzo Control: I don't dislike it because of the lack of a decent BR. I dislike it because the game feels robotic and clunky.

Halo 2 the BR was abused. What was meant to be a distance weapon was being used up close, 4 shots to the head, or combo, plasma/ 1 shot (which is still in Halo 3).

However, if you want up close, you use the Assault Rifle from Halo 1, and use a melee after it. The BR isn't underpowered, it just makes sense now. All weapons have been tweaked for the better.

The physics are way cooler and secondary weapons add a lot more depth to the game.

And if Halo 3 is robotic and clunky, I don't know what 2 is since 3 runs a hell of a lot smoother.

Skitzo: Get Halo 3 :)

yeah, they more or less balanced the whole "guns, melee, frag" ****.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I still use Melee for 75% of my kills. But that's because I suck with the ranged guns. Rarely use grenades.

you should always be using grenades when you get the chance. Chances are it won't kill them, but it'll drop their shields enough to let you drop 'em quick. But yeah, few AR rounds and melee seems to continually do the trick.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Dual Spikers, baby.

Spikers suck.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Get the Killing Frenzy achievement, then we'll talk, *****. :mad:

1) I don't play FFA ranked 2) But I have gotten a killing frenzy a few times :( I just don't see the point of the spikers when there's an unlimited supply of grenades, you spawn with the AR, and there's always a carbine or BR near you.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Yeah, I hate when I get achievement-qualifiers in social games. First day I had the game, I got a Mongoose splatter and a few triple kills. :(

Posted by muffla

does anybody kno where i can get a list of how to ulock the speacl armour?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=muffla;755902]does anybody kno where i can get a list of how to ulock the speacl armour?
Uhh... In this thread.

Right here: http://www.vgchat.com/showpost.php?p=752759&postcount=27

Scout and Security shoulders are both wrong, as far as I know, a solid mathod of obtaining them isn't known. You can unlock security shoulders way before 750 points, but once you get Hayabusa shoulders security will disappear.

Hayabusa chest is unlocked with 5 or 6 skulls, shoulders around 9 and helmet at 13.

Posted by muffla

koo thx

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[url=http://www.destructoid.com/prove-you-re-hardcore-dress-your-spartan-up-like-hayabusa-in-halo-3-47119.phtml]HOLY **** GUYS[/url]

We need to get all 1000 achievement points for H3 and unlock the Dragon Sword.

Posted by Kit

Does it get a separate slot or something?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Purely decorative add-on if you use the full Hayabusa set.

Posted by Kit

Funny thing is that I'll probably never use it. :)

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

The Hayabusa set is awesome, but it's already becoming really common online. :(

Posted by cool gamer dad

Wanna be different? Use the default armor.

idk, I really like NG and even I'll admit that's pretty gay.

Posted by Kit

Quoting cats: Wanna be different? Use the default armor.

But the Default Armour is Master Chief, and everybody wants to be Master Chief!

Is it me, or is anyone using the EVA helmet real stupid? It's bigger than any other helmet and it GLOWS GOLD.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I liked using it for a while, then I realized I was a walking headshot. It's a toss-up between the Hayabusa helmet and Scout.

WHO WANTS TO DO LEGENDARY CO-OP? I've done a third of the missions now, so I'll gladly help others. Need to complete Sierra 117, Crow's Nest, The Storm, The Covenant, Cortana and Halo.

Posted by Kit

I've done The Arc and the Covenant on Legendary, and Sierra 117 on Herioc. That's it.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Man, I do not wanna touch Legendary S117. That mission was so annoying, even on Heroic.

I'll do some with you, if I don't lag. :(

Posted by Random

Anyone up for 4 player Legendary Co-Op via XBox Live tomorrow (10/02)??

All right, Lisa, you're out. You lag everyone out. X, me and you are doing it. K? I got halfway through Highway on my own and nearly cried. It took so long to take down ten brutes... and then suddenly another dropship brings in ten more. Take them down and then suddenly another ten! And I can't kill them because two have a fuel rod cannon and there's a ****ing wraith shooting me.

I need help :(

Posted by Kit

I'll help tomorrow, I need to get it done so :cookie:

****, you better not make us lag. We were going to get you in with angelwing, myself and x, but turns out she has a horrible connection, and I couldn't imagine two canadians with two europeans.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Hey woah, wait until this weekend guys! That, and start over so I can get all up in this.

I'm up for Legendary Thursday or Friday. I have the whole two days off.

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: ****, you better not make us lag. We were going to get you in with angelwing, myself and x, but turns out she has a horrible connection, and I couldn't imagine two canadians with two europeans.

Hey, I never lag. It's only happened whilst playing with the x. :(

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;756549]I got halfway through Highway on my own and nearly cried.
Were you doing it by yourself? My friend and I found it pretty easy.

HEY ANGELWING SHUT UUUUUUUUP

Quoted post: Hey woah, wait until this weekend guys! That, and start over so I can get all up in this.

one hour in "UGH I'M SO BORED, going to play lone wolves"

Quoted post: Were you doing it by yourself? My friend and I found it pretty easy.

ah, no, by myself. I wanted to try it. I had no problems up until that particular battle. It was just a case of grabbing all the sniper rifles and taking it slow. But that part is so hard by yourself because there's just too many brutes and not enough ammo to take them all down.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Yeah, I've hardly ran into any problems so far, even with two people. Then again, we deliberately went with easy missions like Floodgate.

Yeah, doing the same. Right now I'm just doing the metagame on the easy levels. Turns out with Famine, Fog, Thunderstorm and Catch you can do every mission on normal no problem if you want.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Floodgate with almost every skull turned on got me an awesome score.

***, all I play now is Rocket Race. I'm addicted.

Posted by Kit

FORGE oh wait that was on the CTF game. Man that kid was a fool.

Quoted post: Floodgate with almost every skull turned on got me an awesome score.

Now try that with a brute-centric level. Not fun.

Also, haven't played rocket race yet. I wanna try.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=WILLETH FOR MONTHS;756816]***, all I play now is Rocket Race. I'm addicted.
Did you guys play it last night after I left? I left the lobby after about 10 minutes of waiting for you.

HAI GAIS WHO WANTS2PLAY ROCKET RACE L8AH

Posted by Kit

My internet was broken yesterday, couldn't play. Hopefully it'll stay working tonight. :(

Posted by Skitzo Control

Alright, alright, I'll try to get Halo 3 and a 360 within a month. I guess... It better be worth it, you bastards.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Well, it isn't right now. But by then MLG would have fixed the game for all of the competitive players. Bungie pretty much said themselves that the maps were imbalanced in terms of weapon placement (and to a lesser extent, the geometry of the maps), and needed some serious work in Forge. All of the maps are extremely diverse, so the settings for each map will likely vary. For example, BR & AR start on The Pit but only BR start on Guardian because it's so small (you can kill cross-map with an AR). But yeah, Bungie made it WAY too easy to hole yourself up in a room.

It's gonna be a great game once it's fixed, and once they bring back some oldies like Battle Creek, Midship, and Wizard.

edit: and Prisoner lol.

Posted by muffla

is it just me or is machmaking compleatly broked right now?

Posted by cool gamer dad

Like, not working? Or broken as in anyone can be good?

Both happen quite often.

Posted by Skitzo Control

I want Damnation back.:(

Posted by cool gamer dad

There's no way that'd work in Halo 3.

Posted by Skitzo Control

Why not? It wouldn't have worked in H2 because the Sniper Rifle was such an insanely good weapon, and the Battle Rifle would be mostly useless because of the lag (HOST WINS!). But in H3, I can see it working just fine.

Posted by cool gamer dad

If the BR range was increased, it would. It's definitely an improvement from H2, but still doesn't reach quite as far as it should.

Okay, so I tried my hand at a jousting game. Grab the map and gametypes off my fileshare (Gamertag's Willeth). 2 vs 2, both spawn next to a Mongoose. There's one VIP with a sword who can only ride passenger. You get on immediately and charge at each other from either end of the map, and melee with the sword to try and get the other's VIP. A VIP kill scores a point, only the VIP can score, a hit is an instant kill, 1 minute rounds and a kill ends the round. 5 rounds in total. I'm still working out the kinks so if anyone has any idea on how to improve it, let me know.

There's also a version called Shotty Joust. I'm sure you can imagine what that'd be like.

And yes, I tried with the Hammer but it was awful.

FORRRGE!

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I've yet to try Rocket Race. :(

[url=http://www.destructoid.com/the-most-unbelievable-plasma-grenade-toss-you-will-ever-see-in-halo-3-47601.phtml]BEST PLASMA-STICK EVER[/url]

Quoted post: If the BR range was increased, it would. It's definitely an improvement from H2, but still doesn't reach quite as far as it should.

Yeah, it needs to be increased just a bit more. It's not so much the range that changes it, but the auto-aim. As is it just doesn't go far enough to effectively kill anyone at a range simply because there's too much cover. Your only other option is a sniper rifle, and often those are gone within the first few seconds it spawns.

Posted by Skitzo Control

Do bullets disappear after travelling too far, like they did in Halo 2? That was an awesome feature.

Nah. But in the case of the BR, the spread is great enough to completely miss.

Posted by Skitzo Control

****. I sure liked it when my bullets fizzled out of existence.:)

Oh, MLG already has official Halo 3 settings: [URL]http://www.mlgpro.com/?q=node/160002[/URL]
Ya' dig?

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Nah. But in the case of the BR, the spread is great enough to completely miss.

What? I've killed people with only a few shots from a scoped BR from the opposite end of Valhalla.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Lucky... that or he must've had like, almost zero shield.

[quote]Oh, MLG already has official Halo 3 settings: http://www.mlgpro.com/?q=node/160002
Ya' dig?
I've played many customs, and it still doesn't feel quite right. Maybe because the maps suck.

Posted by Fate

I need someone to play Legendary with me stat.

Also, **** MLG for putting limitations like that. You play however you want, just don't use glitches and stuff. Jesus.

And ****, I'm about to hit the hay. Screw you, Americans, and your midnight.

Quoted post: I need someone to play Legendary with me stat.

Be on the same time you were yesterday morning. I was playing with X and Kit, so if they're on we can continue.

Quoted post:
Also, **** MLG for putting limitations like that. You play however you want, just don't use glitches and stuff. Jesus.

Limitations? If you ask me, these are very good changes, especially in multi-flag considering it's for pro gamers.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;757980]Be on the same time you were yesterday morning. I was playing with X and Kit, so if they're on we can continue.

I'm totally down for this, even though I already scooped the achievement.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Quoting Fate: Also, **** MLG for putting limitations like that. You play however you want, just don't use glitches and stuff. Jesus.

...what? You can do anything you want, except the things only the host can do.

Oh good ***. Sniper Zombie is the most fun I've had in awhile. Sandtrap, one zombie with increased speed and gravity, and everyone has snipers. We all just sat on one ridge and kept sniping the flood of zombies. Laser Zombie was also enjoyable.

Posted by Kit

Sorry guys, I promised I'd play with my IRL friends today.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

It's cool, me and Vamp done the missions he needed to do. ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED YEAH

Posted by Kit

I still want my "Achievement unlocked 4 for 395g".

halp tomorrow plz?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Sure, I'm glad to help.

I'm down. You guys helped me, so it's only fair.

Posted by Fate

Quoting cats: ...what? You can do anything you want, except the things only the host can do.

Vehicles are weapons, too. Apparently MLG thinks that this is unfair so they took vehicles out of Team Slayer. wtf

Posted by Skitzo Control

Fate, you have to remember that MLG sets these limitations for balanced gameplay. The settings they play under are the settings they use for competitions to keep the players on an even field, where the only thing deciding winner and loser is pure skill and a little luck on the spawns.

Posted by MottaTheHutt

I'm tired of getting MVP and losing EXP cause my team sucks. :(
And wtf is a "Steaktacular" medal? I don't remember earning that...

Posted by cool gamer dad

it's where you win by 20+

you CUNT

Posted by Last Fog

Hey guys look what I got today

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/lastfog/Miscellaneous/katana.jpg[/IMG]

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

soon... soon...

Posted by Kit

yeah well you're losing 8-2 in that pic so ha

Quoted post: Vehicles are weapons, too. Apparently MLG thinks that this is unfair so they took vehicles out of Team Slayer. wtf

proooooooo circuit

seriously, there's a very good reason for everything, and it ain't to limit.

Posted by Fate

Quoting Skitzo Control: Fate, you have to remember that MLG sets these limitations for balanced gameplay. The settings they play under are the settings they use for competitions to keep the players on an even field, where the only thing deciding winner and loser is pure skill and a little luck on the spawns.

What I'm saying is that using a vehicle to mow down people is about skill and luck, too.

Haha, no it's not. I highly doubt most of these kids who take the game this seriously even want vehicles or maulers.

Posted by Kit

Me and X did some doubles this morning, the last match was team swords on Snowbound, and one guy was like "YEAH TEAM SWORDS YOU GONNA GET OWNED THIS IS MY BEST GAME"

Me and X: 25
Them: 7, with the gloater having 3 points, he should've had 2 but I accidently TKed X and he got a point instead of me losing one.

I saved the winning kill on my file share. Check it out. :cool:

Posted by MottaTheHutt

How'd they talk to you before the match was over?

social doubles most likely

Posted by MottaTheHutt

Oh. Never bothered to play a social game.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;758420]social doubles most likely

yup

We totally kicked their asses in that match. First time I'd seen the revised Energy Sword combat - it was a lot less dramatic than I imagined it. :(

What?

SHING!

SHING!

SHING!

OH **** SOMEONE THREW A NADE AT U-

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Well, I guess me and Kit were kicking so much *** that my duels didn't last long.

the trick is to always be a team. you clash swords and have your buddy step in and finish him. so they've never lasted that long for me...

Also, ranked is broken. We played at least 20 ranked slayer matches and went up a total of five levels each and we won every single match no problem. ****ed up.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Know what's broken? Mother****ing social doubles matchmaking!

totally worth it for warhammer though

Posted by Kit

OH MY *** HE SHOT ME WITH THE WARHAMMER LAUNCHER

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

bol

I think I picked up like 1 EXP over that whole hour.

**** guys, I can't get to sleep, and Irn-Bru just makes it even less likely. Anyone up for some slay?

Posted by Kit

I dont think I got any, but i dont care because it was warhammertastic

Posted by Kit

Sleep is for the weak, I'll be on in 5 mins.

sry will, warhammer has outdone our beloved FOORRGE!!

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=WILLETH FOR MONTHS;758575]Irn-Bru

... but you're English. wtf, they have IB down there? My world has been totally flipped. I'd come on too, but I'm pretty sleepy.

Anyway guys, I'm working on a new Sandtrap map/gametype, totally focused on aerial combat. No weapons lying on the ground, spawn with a Plasma Pistol, and a ton of flight vehicles. Would only support around six - ten players (I added a couple of missile pod/power drain/Spartan Laser pickups to allow a bit of mixup when the vehicle pool runs dry), but Halo 3 needs more in-flight fights.

Posted by Skitzo Control

[quote=The X;758592]...but Halo 3 needs more in-flight fights.
Dogfights.
---
I talked to the people I used to LAN with back in Utah and they all really like Halo 3. They say it's better than Halo 2 and nearly as good as Halo 1. I'm scared. What if I actually LIKE this one?:(

Posted by cool gamer dad

It's better than H2, but really doesn't touch CE.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Having never sampled CE multiplayer, what makes it better?

Posted by Kit

Quoting Kit: Sleep is for the weak, I'll be on in 5 mins.

Haha, I fell asleep after saying this. :(

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Finished my aerial map! The gametype settings and map variant are on my file share. Customized each of the little Sandtrap bunkers to look like military installations, and set up Anti-Air installations right at the top of each of the towers, with an uncommon chance of respawning there. Dying to test it out and see if I balanced it well.

Quoted post: Know what's broken? Mother****ing social doubles matchmaking!

How's it broken? Out of anything else, that's what I play the most I think.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;758744]How's it broken? Out of anything else, that's what I play the most I think.

Not broken per se, but it takes a long time to find matches. For me and Kit, anyhoo.

Oh, yeah, that's getting fixed as is a bunch of other matchmaking stuff. Though doubles isn't that bad for me. BTB and Team Slayer seem to be the worst, but that's only occasionally.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Social Team Slayer's pretty fast for me. When do you guys wanna try and get the ranked achievements?

Today, for sure. Apparently Lone Wolves has turned into an achievement playlist, as to be expected, but idk, I don't wanna do it with random kids.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Excellent, we need to get a bunch of people together. We need four/five, right?

Posted by Kit

I'm up for it.

We don't need more than the three of us. I just tried the language trick and I found a full game very quickly. Ended up getting Mongoose Mowdown and 5 sticks. So we should be more than good. And thankfully, the guys are pretty cool since they're all after the same thing. It's just weird having to communicate with gun shots.

Also, I think the achievements get saved in the language you play it in lol. I looked and those two were in some asian language, and I'm not sure if it'll go back, so I got a pretty good chuckle out of that. AND the announcer's voice gets changed into whatever language you're in. ****ing awesome.

Posted by Kit

Bottom of the language list, right?

Posted by cool gamer dad

Quoting The X: Having never sampled CE multiplayer, what makes it better?

A starting weapon that gives you a fighting chance against a power weapon.

The weapon respawn system. Instead of it respawning x:xx after you drop it, it respawns every x:xx, even if someone already has it. This keeps the game much less campy, and more strategic and fast-paced because you yourself, as a power weapon holder, have to keep control over key spots on the map.

The fact that the weapons just aren't easy to use.

but uh, I could go on. Basically the better player will almost always win.

Posted by Last Fog

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Also, I think the achievements get saved in the language you play it in lol. I looked and those two were in some asian language, and I'm not sure if it'll go back, so I got a pretty good chuckle out of that. AND the announcer's voice gets changed into whatever language you're in. ****ing awesome.
You need to recover your tag to get them back to English.

Posted by Skitzo Control

[quote=cats;758849]A starting weapon that gives you a fighting chance against a power weapon.

The weapon respawn system. Instead of it respawning x:xx after you drop it, it respawns every x:xx, even if someone already has it. This keeps the game much less campy, and more strategic and fast-paced because you yourself, as a power weapon holder, have to keep control over key spots on the map.

The fact that the weapons just aren't easy to use.

but uh, I could go on. Basically the better player will almost always win.
Let me elaborate.:)

Each player spawns with a Pistol, an Assault Rifle, and grenades, no matter what the map. It takes one second to switch from any weapon to the pistol and one second to fire three shots in your pistol. If a player spawns in front of another player with a Rocket Launcher, he has enough time to switch to his Pistol and fire three shots to kill the RL carrier, if he's good/fast enough.

Everything on the map (EVERYTHING) spawns in multiples of 15 seconds. For example, Damnation, the Active Camouflage spawns every minute, the Overshield spawns every minute, the Rocket Launcher spawns every two minutes, and both Sniper Rifles spawn every thirty seconds. This may sound like a bad idea, but considering there are at least ten ways to grenade the Camo from its spawn, about four to grenade the RL from its spawn, and Snipers in semi-convenient spots so any player may pick them up, every player has access to a power-up.

Another great example is the map Chill Out. Overshield spawns every minute, Camo every two minutes, RL every two minutes, and Sniper every thirty seconds. Because of how the power-ups are located, there is almost no way a player can get all three power-ups.

Weapons are NOT at all easy to use. The only thing that could possibly be easy would be the Rocket Launcher, because the splash on it is... well, it's a ****ing Rocket Launcher, you should expect a huge splash-radius. The other weapons have VERY little auto-aim. You don't automatically hit somebody because your reticle is red, and you sure as hell don't hit without leading.

The best thing about the weapons is that, although the Pistol is your go-to weapon for almost every situation, every weapon (the Needler being the only exception) is useful. The Plasma Pistol and Plasma Rifle stun an opponent for a split second when they're shot, so if you're good, you can walk behind somebody with a Rocket Launcher or a Shotgun, shoot them and circle them, and they won't be able to turn to you and shoot you.

Last of all, the maps... I can't think of any Halo 2 map that are better than even the worst Halo 1 map. Lockout and Midship are probably considered the best maps in H2, but I would much rather play H1 on Chiron and Sidewinder than ever play H2 again. Even the massive Boarding Action has use for 4-on-4 snipes! BA Snipes was twice as fun as Colossus/Sanctuary Snipes on H2 could ever hope to be.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Boarding Action snipes is so badass.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Halo 3's map selection is pretty poor. Sandtrap, High Ground and Valhalla are probably the only ones I like playing on. Snowbound is okay, but only because I've played Lone Wolves on it so often that I know all the best positions.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Yeah, H3 maps are garbage. Dude, I'm so hoping they remake Midship and Beaver Creek. Oh baby.

Posted by s0ul

Quoting The X: Halo 3's map selection is pretty poor. Sandtrap, High Ground and Valhalla are probably the only ones I like playing on. Snowbound is okay, but only because I've played Lone Wolves on it so often that I know all the best positions.

This statement gave me diarrhea. Except I do like High Ground. There's really not a single Halo 3 map I particularly like, but the game itself is growing on me, contrary to my prior claims that I liked it less than 2! It's really fun with a team, but so was 2.

Agreed on the maps. But I honestly wouldn't doubt that we'll see new maps fairly soon. I mean, they're already working on them.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Vamp, how did you get all the ranked achievements so easily? I got everyone to agree on an achievements match and as soon as one person mis-aimed, ****ing chaos. :(

Posted by Kit

I did mine with randoms, no problem at all.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

**** you guys, the people I played with took hissy fits as soon as an AR round hit them.

Posted by Kit

Just play random games with the language settings and ask people to help you. They'll happily agree.

Posted by Last Fog

You gotta use the language trick. I got all I needed in less than an hour no problem. I only cheated for 5 of them though. The other achievements you can get pretty easily legit or do them in campaign.

Yeah, just change your language, dude. Some of them are nearly impossible to get otherwise (hijack and two for one come to mind.) Just get in the lobby and say "I need so and so, meet here" and you'll get it no problem.

Anywho, the leveling is starting to **** me off. It takes about ten wins to go up a level, but you lose one and you go back down to your original level. I keep getting up to 25 in Team Slayer and every night I seem to end back up at 23.

Posted by cool gamer dad

I retract my previous statement. I think Construct is a pretty fun map. Six ways up to the top is plenty. It was awful earlier because I could only think of four. With the right weapon placement, it can be a Grade-A map.

Posted by Oforia

add me.

My gamertag is, "a load of jews"

I'll be on tonight. Send me some friend requests!

That's just... hm. Wow.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=cats;759604]I retract my previous statement. I think Construct is a pretty fun map. Six ways up to the top is plenty. It was awful earlier because I could only think of four. With the right weapon placement, it can be a Grade-A map.

It's okay, but most of the time, the fights seem to stay static up the top, with long-range fighting between either side. The lower tiers of the map seem to get ignored after a minute or two of gameplay. Though camping the top of a super-grav lift with the energy sword got me two sword sprees.

edit: totally forgot last resort! That map's pretty good.

Posted by Kit

Working on making Snowbound a Rocket Race map. First time on Forge, so I'm hoping it turns out well.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Making the smallest map in the game for Rocket Race? Good luck with that, man.

I personally think Last Resort would make an awesome RR map. Nice open spaces and tight squeezes, too.

The Pit seems like an awesome RR map to me.

Posted by Kit

Pit is too narrow, I reckon.

Nah. Try it. Throw a mongoose in there and give it a go. It's pretty fun with all the ramps and whatnot, you just need to figure out a good course.

Posted by MottaTheHutt

What is Rocket Race?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=MottaTheHutt;760055][COLOR=black]What is Rocket Race?[/COLOR]
VIP variant where the destinations become race checkpoints. Teams of two, with Mongooses try to get as many as they can.

Posted by Moogs

Quoting The X: I liked using it for a while, then I realized I was a walking headshot. It's a toss-up between the Hayabusa helmet and Scout.

WHO WANTS TO DO LEGENDARY CO-OP? I've done a third of the missions now, so I'll gladly help others. Need to complete Sierra 117, Crow's Nest, The Storm, The Covenant, Cortana and Halo.

I don't like the Hayabusa helmet for some reason. I like the Scout though, but I'm an Elite so whatever.

Posted by G-Sides

agreed. scout is the best helmet ever imo. hayabusa is pretty but i don't like it nearly as much as some of the others.

btw if you haven't already done so, add me.
tag in sig.

Posted by muffla

for the final movie after the credits, is it diffrent when you beat it on legendary?

Posted by Roger Smith

Yeah. Spoilers lol

[spoiler]Just shows the ship floating towards a planet, EARTH IMO.[/spoiler]

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Moogs;760105]I don't like the Hayabusa helmet for some reason. I like the Scout though, but I'm an Elite so whatever.
Yeah, I grew out of it once I noticed the resemblance to Shredder from TMNT. ODST is probably my favourite helmet now.

[quote]

[COLOR=#666666]Just shows the ship floating towards a planet, EARTH IMO.[/COLOR][COLOR=#666666]
[COLOR=Silver]It's the planet from Marathon.[/COLOR]
[/COLOR]

Posted by Kit

I'm liking the scout helmet. It's what I'm using.

Posted by Fate

You know, if they did do a Halo 4 it would probably be an entirely new set of enemies. He could fight through this Marathon planet in an attempt to get home. Pretty cool possibilities.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Fate;760345][COLOR=skyblue]You know, if they did do a Halo 4 it would probably be an entirely new set of enemies. He could fight through this Marathon planet in an attempt to get home. Pretty cool possibilities.[/COLOR]

already covered in the Marathon trilogy. The next games will either be prequels or games way in the future.

Posted by Fate

That wasn't Chief in Marathon, was it? No way.

The thing about that cryo-tube is that he could be there for a very long time. The Marathon planet at the end has something to do with the story of Halo. Say for argument that after the events of Halo, Marathon happened. The future games could take place after Marathon. I'm not sure about the years in Halo, but could Marathon have happened before the events of Halo? If so, Chief is visiting the Marathon planet after Marathon actually happened. Either way, the possibilities are cool.
:)

Quoted post: EARTH IMO.

Haha, what? That wasn't Earth, dude. As X said, it's suspected to be the planet from Marathon since it's highly likely MC is actually the protagonist from Marathon, but that was technically denied by Bungie. So it's all just speculation.

Quoted post: he thing about that cryo-tube is that he could be there for a very long time. The Marathon planet at the end has something to do with the story of Halo. Say for argument that after the events of Halo, Marathon happened. The future games could take place after Marathon. I'm not sure about the years in Halo, but could Marathon have happened before the events of Halo? If so, Chief is visiting the Marathon planet after Marathon actually happened. Either way, the possibilities are cool.

The beginning of Marathon takes place 200 years after Halo 3. Though the ending of Infinity is open-ended, except you're a billion years in the future. So the sequel to Marathon is unlikely.

Chances are it has nothing to do with Marathon, and being Bungie, they just reused a lot of material and ideas from the Marathon series. Hell, the ending could be the beginning to one of the Halo projects already in the works for all we know.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Halo Wars is set during the heyday of the Spartan project, right? Seeing how well C&C3 plays on the 360, I'm kinda looking forward to it, even if it isn't Bungie's own game.

As for Halo 4, I'd totally hit it. Probably won't see it this generation, though.

Posted by Fate

So if Marathon happens after Halo, could the cryo-tube hold Chief until then or afterwards?

It'll be years before we hear anything about extending the trilogy.

Posted by Kit

More doubles with X today.
I SWEAR TO ***, SOCIAL DOUBLES HAS SOME WEIRD PEOPLE.

I think Halo 4 isn't a huge possibility, or at least not much possibility that it'll be as good for Single Player, but hey, Multiplayer is good.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

As long as it's nice and chilled, pretty sure he can live forever.

Quoted post: So if Marathon happens after Halo, could the cryo-tube hold Chief until then or afterwards?

It'll be years before we hear anything about extending the trilogy.

Pretty hard to say considering right now it's impossible for us to even revive anyone from such a state, let alone revive them without severe injury. But since it's about five hundred years in the future, you can bet he could probably live there for as long as a fuel source of some kind is available. Of course Cortana would be dead, so everything fits in pretty well to the Marathon story if you want to look at it that way.

But yeah, they don't need to announce anything for a long while if they want. We don't even know anything about the Peter Jackson project.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Kit;760370]More doubles with X today.
I SWEAR TO ***, SOCIAL SLAYER HAS SOME WEIRD PEOPLE.
General rule is that we always get:

a) high-pitched nonsensical squealing
b) foreign guys
c) people making fun of britfags

Seven victories in a row and no defeats, **** yeah!

Posted by Skitzo Control

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;760374]Pretty hard to say considering right now it's impossible for us to even revive anyone from such a state, let alone revive them without severe injury. But since it's about five hundred years in the future, you can bet he could probably live there for as long as a fuel source of some kind is available. Of course Cortana would be dead, so everything fits in pretty well to the Marathon story if you want to look at it that way.

But yeah, they don't need to announce anything for a long while if they want. We don't even know anything about the Peter Jackson project.At the beginning of H1, the Master Chief was revived from one of those pods, so there's a good chance he could survive for a long time in that thing. As for Cortana dying... she's an AI construct, not some chick. I don't think she can actually die.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Skitzo Control;760404]At the beginning of H1, the Master Chief was revived from one of those pods, so there's a good chance he could survive for a long time in that thing. As for Cortana dying... she's an AI construct, not some chick. I don't think she can actually die.
She can die. I'm pretty sure it was established somewhere that the fact she can memorize everything and continue to add to her AI would eventually lead to a fatal error under the strain of so much data and ****. But she definitely can/will die.

edit: found it.

[quote=Halopedia]Cortana is described as having a [URL="http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/sardonic"]sardonic[/URL] sense of humor;[URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cortana#_note-3"][5][/URL] Cortana is a "smart" [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artificial_intelligence"]artificial intelligence[/URL] (AI) that was constructed from the flash-cloned brain of [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Halo_series_characters#Dr._Catherine_Elizabeth_Halsey"]Dr. Catherine Elizabeth Halsey[/URL], the creator of the [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SPARTAN-II_Project"]SPARTAN-II Project[/URL]. The Doctor's tissue was cloned, and then the synaptic networks became the base of Cortana's processors. The term "smart" means that her creative matrix is allowed to continually expand, unlike "dumb" AIs, which have a limited matrix. This grants her the ability to learn and adapt beyond her basic parameters, but at the cost of a limited "lifespan" of only seven years, at the end of which she will literally "think herself to death" (analogous to a human using so much of their brain for thought, rudimentary systems such as breathing are crowded out). An AI can also go rampant, during which they will "sleep" or hibernate. Her primary mission was to assist the Spartans in the capture of the [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Covenant_%28Halo%29"]Covenant[/URL] [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_Prophets_%28Halo%29"]High Prophets[/URL], and then to negotiate either a truce or peace treaty.

Quoted post: At the beginning of H1, the Master Chief was revived from one of those pods, so there's a good chance he could survive for a long time in that thing. As for Cortana dying... she's an AI construct, not some chick. I don't think she can actually die.

MC wasn't in there for very long, he was basically just in storage until he was needed. But like I said, it's 500 years in the future, he could probably be in there for an incredibly long time, like 200 years.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Futurama cryo-tubes could preserve stuff for 1000 years. The same totally applies here. :cookie:

OH ***. Halo is a prequel to futurama. MC battles the forces that wipe out earth but fails...

Posted by Kit

Quoting The X: General rule is that we always get:

a) high-pitched nonsensical squealing
b) foreign guys
c) people making fun of britfags

Seven victories in a row and no defeats, **** yeah!

WOO AWESOME TEAM HIGH FIVE

Got my Liutenant today too!

Posted by muffla

acording to wikipedia
[quote] Untitled Halo project
Main article: Untitled Halo Project
An untitled Halo project was announced on September 27, 2006 at X06, to be co-written, co-designed and co-produced by Peter Jackson, with his recently-formed Wingnut Interactive. It was later revealed that it would in fact be a 'New trilogy' of Halo games, not one.[29] It also has been confirmed that it will be episodic.

now before you all butst my balls, i kno it is not wise to trust wikipedia, but do you think this is real? i Personaly think it is and that the games follow the events of the books, or just the invasions of the covanent in general

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting The X:
[COLOR=#666666]
[COLOR=Silver]It's the planet from Marathon.[/COLOR]
[/COLOR]

Well, then there you go lol.

And @ muffla, that is real, and will probably happen. Now that the main Halo story is complete, they can start exploring the back-pages of Halo.

Posted by MottaTheHutt

The Marathon theory makes sense; terminals similar to the ones in Marathon were in Halo 3, and when you found all seven you get an achievement called "Marathon Man". (Foreshadowing anyone?)

Also, the "untitled Halo project" is going to be a trilogy, just like Marathon was. (Remake anyone?)

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting Skitzo Control: As for Cortana dying... she's an AI construct, not some chick. I don't think she can actually die.

Quoting The X: She can die. I'm pretty sure it was established somewhere that the fact she can memorize everything and continue to add to her AI would eventually lead to a fatal error under the strain of so much data and ****. But she definitely can/will die.
edit: found it.

"The term "smart" means that her creative matrix is allowed to continually expand, unlike "dumb" AIs, which have a limited matrix. This grants her the ability to learn and adapt beyond her basic parameters, but at the cost of a limited "lifespan" of only seven years, at the end of which she will literally "think herself to death."

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Roger Smith;760687]"The term "smart" means that her creative matrix is allowed to continually expand, unlike "dumb" AIs, which have a limited matrix. This grants her the ability to learn and adapt beyond her basic parameters, but at the cost of a limited "lifespan" of only seven years, at the end of which she will literally "think herself to death."

... Yeah, I already quoted that section of Wikipedia a couple of posts back.

TIME TO GRIND FOR LIEUTENANT, ONLY 23 EXP

Posted by Skitzo Control

Now, if she's on that ship with MC, there's nowhere for her mind to expand, it'll just be stagnant and stuck with what info it already has. Is it possible she doesn't "die" because there's nothing new for her to learn? Not to mention she has the ability to go "rampant" ("dormant" seems like a better word) and shut herself down.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Yeah, seems likely. I can't imagine Halo 4 beginning with a big explanation of of why Cortana died.

Posted by Skitzo Control

Personally, I find it hard to imagine a Halo 4.:-/

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

It'll probably be on the XBox Next or XBox 720 or whatever. But I can't imagine it not appearing at some point.

Quoted post: The Marathon theory makes sense; terminals similar to the ones in Marathon were in Halo 3, and when you found all seven you get an achievement called "Marathon Man". (Foreshadowing anyone?)

Allusion, not foreshadowing. Like I said, many ideas were taken from the Marathon games to build Halo, not unlike Bioshock with System Shock. It's a spiritual sequel or remake if anything.

Posted by MottaTheHutt

Doesn't the original Marathon take place on a ship, somewhere near Mars anyway?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/Jamie425/5548059-Full.jpg[/IMG]

I think it's time we posted our favourite shots.

Quoted post: Doesn't the original Marathon take place on a ship, somewhere near Mars anyway?

Takes place on a ship orbiting a planet. The ship is made out of one of mars' moons.

also, I'd post a screenshot but they're all huge. how does i get it to be smaller without resizing?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Wait, file size? I just saved them all as jpegs in Paint and they turned out fine. The one I posted there is only about 80KB.

resolution. they're all like, 1280xsometing****inghuge

Posted by muffla

If cortana is so smart, do you think theres a possibility of her being able to find a way not to "think herself to death", @ whoever posted the last pic that is halarious

OH ***

Cats and I have created the best ****ing game ever. Execution on Gears of War (The Pit.) All the weapons are like the weapons in Gears. You spawn with an AR and Shotgun (Lancer and Gnasher,) there's a couple snipers for longshot, a rocketlauncher for boomshot, BR for hammerburst, SpLaser for torque bow, Sentinel beam for hammer of dawn, spike grenades for grenades, magnum for snub, and flare for smoke. Also, a flamethrower for no raisin.

Beyond that, no shields with 150% damage resistance, slower speed, much lower gravity, five rounds, elimination and various other changes. Surprisingly, it feels almost exactly like Gears. We obviously couldn't get everything exact so some things feel weak, but it's **** close and meant more as a parody and how it feels for us to play it (weakened guns due to lag.) But it's ****ing jawsome. Go download it from my fileshare.

Posted by MottaTheHutt

I'm on Cortana on Legendary right now, and **** it's hard. Does anyone happen to have any advice for moi?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=MottaTheHutt;761556][COLOR=black]I'm on Cortana on Legendary right now, and **** it's hard. Does anyone happen to have any advice for moi?[/COLOR]

Going solo? Good luck, because that **** will take forrrrrrrreeeeeeeeveeeeeeer. My advice would be to get a pal and take it nice and slow on some parts (try to kill everything, and remember to melee corpses) and just run through other sections without even trying to kill enemies.

Queued the Gears gametype for download, **** yeah. Also, I learned how to make flying Elephants tonight:

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/Jamie425/5904688-Full.jpg[/IMG]

Posted by Kit

Press RB to fl...wait, how did you do that?

bol'd when I first saw that.

For Legendary if you're really stuck, sign in on a 2nd controller and vita-chamber with it so you can keep respawning without repeating.

Quoted post:
For Legendary if you're really stuck, sign in on a 2nd controller and vita-chamber with it so you can keep respawning without repeating.

That's what I'd suggest. Even easier than playing with a friend. It's nice having infinite lives sometimes.

Posted by Kit

I like how you added 'cover' to make the GoW map/game more Gearsy. :cool:

Haven't played the gametype with others yet, but it could be fun.

It works surprisingly well. It's just a case of adding random crap around the enviroment (LIKE GEARS!) and trying it four on four, spartans vs elites now.

Posted by MottaTheHutt

I already beat it on Co-Op legendary, I want to do it solo. :(

Posted by Kit

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: and trying it four on four, spartans vs elites now.

Wait, you're playing right now? Invite?

Nah, not online. We definitely need to try it sometime this week though. Even one on one we were having quite a bit of fun. It was stupid, just like Gears.

Posted by Skitzo Control

I tried that same with both H1 and H2, trying to make it more like Counter Strike. I failed pretty miserably, because there's just no way you can re-create that game with the way Halo used the Myth and Havok engine.:p

Which reminds me: which engine does H3 use, or did Bungie actually create their own game engine for H3?

Pretty sure it's their own engine.

Posted by Skitzo Control

Their own everything? They didn't even use the Havok Physics Engine, this time?

Posted by s0ul

It still uses Havok.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Still has Havok physics, noticed that in the credits. Pretty sure it's a refined H2 engine, made for the 360.

[quote][FONT=Tahoma]It was stupid, just like Gears.[/FONT][FONT=Tahoma]All you need now is someone singing the East Barracade Academy theme throughout the match.
[/FONT]

Posted by MottaTheHutt

Or that one song, you know the one:

"All around me are familiar faces, worn-out places..."

That would be awesome.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

That advert sucked balls. I try to forget it.

Posted by MottaTheHutt

"All I wanna do is drown my sorrow, no tommorow, no tommorow..."

Suddenly I feel like cutting myself :
(

Quoted post: All you need now is someone singing the East Barracade Academy theme throughout the match.

Easily fixed by playing the soundtrack on my computer.

Posted by Skitzo Control

[quote=MottaTheHutt;761711][COLOR=black]Or that one song, you know the one:[/COLOR]

[COLOR=black]"All around me are familiar faces, worn-out places..."[/COLOR]

[COLOR=black]That would be awesome.[/COLOR]
Tears for Fears - Mad World

All right. New Forge project. It was cats' idea. OBLIVION on Valhalla. The plan is to make it play like an RPG with the max number of people. Certain areas will be designated as Mage Guild, Fighter's Guild, Dark Brotherhood and Thieves' Guild. Each area will contain its own set of weapons that'll resemble those specific guilds. IE: Fighter's will get Sword, Hammer, etc and Mage's will get firebombs, flamethrowers, SpLasers and so on.

Should be fun to make.

Posted by Roger Smith

Holy ****

Posted by Kit

XBOX WOO 360 GAME HALO MAPS WOO Rainbow Six: Vegas map, anyone?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Kit;761967]XBOX WOO 360 GAME HALO MAPS WOO Rainbow Six: Vegas map, anyone?

Battle Rifle and frag grenades only! SWITCHING TO SILENT MOTHER****ER

What do the Thieves Guild and DB get, by the way? Active Camouflage?

Posted by Kit

Going silent works really well when fighting those bright yellow terrorists in your bright red clothing, rite?

Uno map!

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Green team, yellow team, red team and blue team. Members of each team can only kill an opponent if they have the same number of kills. Players joining the match act as Color Change cards.

Call of Duty mode! Super low shields, high gravity, with only basic human weapons. Scorpions are the only vehicles. Green team spawn on the beach, Brown team at the base, with additional machine gun turrets and trip mines. To be played on High Ground while setting your Preferred Language to German.

Posted by Kit

Oh ***, Bioshock map.
THINK OF THE POSSIBILITIES!

Posted by Roger Smith

Hmm....you could make a Contra type map. Everyone only has 1 life, spawns with only an assault rifle and only has the Energy Drain equipment to act as the Smart Bomb.

Maybe adding some other stuff to give it a Contra feel.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Turn Juggernaut into Big Daddy mode. Flamethrowers for Incinerate ability, and uhhh...

Bioshock is pretty hard to do.

Posted by Kit

Invent plasmids?
Cloaking Plasmids, Power Drain, Trip Mines...yeah, you're right, actually.

CoD mode sounds good though. Have players start with SMG, frags and pistol, with assault/battle/sniper rifles at spawns.

Quoted post: What do the Thieves Guild and DB get, by the way? Active Camouflage?

Theives gets camo, DB gets OS. Probably some other stuff.

Also, CoD sounds awesome. Turn shields off and health down just a touch and bam. Do want.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Almost finished my CoD map. Put a Scorpion on the beach where the Ghost and Mongoose usually are, and littered stone barricades and roadblocks all along the paths leading to the base. The tank can blow everything up, but obstacles still slow it down considerably - takes about two tank shells to move a barricade. Plus, there's like four MG turrets on the base battlements now, and a trip mine cache. Gonna make for some chaotic battles!

Just wondering - what guns should players spawn with? I'm thinking the AR and Magnum, but I'm not sure. Also, what game type should I use? I was gonna have Territories, but **** sucks usually.

Posted by cool gamer dad

If the players don't spawn with a BR, some asshole like me is going to grab one and dominate everyone. It should be BR/AR or BR/Magnum.

AR/Mag. Considering the AR is more like a thompson which is the basic CoD gun and you always spawn with a pistol, it makes sense.

Posted by Kit

How about assault for CoD? Beach team starts with the bomb and teams swap places each round.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Kit;762469]How about assault for CoD? Beach team starts with the bomb and teams swap places each round.
holy ****, you're psychic, cause that's what I decided on. Only problem I'm having is laying bomb plant and spawn points. Every time I load up the game, it moves them somewhere else. wtfff

Posted by Kit

Huh, idk. :(

Same thing happened to my friend on Zanzibar, he put all the spawns in 1 place and we always spawned in random places.

Those are respawn points, that's why. Pretty sure you also have to set for which team will spawn at said point. As for spawning a certain group right at the beginning... I have no ****ing clue how to do that and really wish I could find out.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;762560]Those are respawn points, that's why. Pretty sure you also have to set for which team will spawn at said point. As for spawning a certain group right at the beginning... I have no ****ing clue how to do that and really wish I could find out.

Simple. Pause it, and change it to the appropriate game type. New items show up like respawn zones and starting spawners, which you can then press X on and choose which team spawns there. Saves laying down individual spawn points.

... But I still can't work out how to set up a One Bomb map.

what if I've already created the map...?

Posted by Kit

Then you're ****ed.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;762570]what if I've already created the map...?

Go back and change it? If you change the gametype, nothing gets deleted or whatever. The only changes are that gametype-specific items show up on map. Like the flag points become customizable if you change the gametype to CTF.

Oh. I thought it reset everything. GOOD, because I'm lazy and put some time into it already.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

http://www.bungie.net/news/content.aspx?type=topnews&cid=12912

Ranked Infection playlists for Halo-ween! WOOO YEAH

Posted by MottaTheHutt

Infection is kind of dumb. I'm definately not playing Halo 3 on Haloween.

Just ranked? Lame. Hopefully they throw it into social at a later date then.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Hopefully I can use it to get Steppin' Razor.

Eh. It's lone wolves and lone wolves sucks. Infection belongs in Rumble Pit with Ninjanaut and the like.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Hell no. It deserves its own playlist. You heard it from me, so it's right.

Deserves it's own wah? Turns out it's not that great and it's more fun in customs. Though it's a ****ing easy point, so whatever.

see currently playing game thread

Posted by Last Fog

So I've decided to compile all my best clips. [URL="http://youtube.com/watch?v=yO6DJntbT3c"]Check it out[/URL].

Posted by cool gamer dad

That nade point on Narrows is pretty cool, where the dude was going for rockets.

But this is an epic Halo montage.

http://gameroom.mlgpro.com/view/99cYfwtsulpa5A.html

Posted by Roger Smith

You have no idea how much I enjoyed that vid Fog.

Good music picks.

Edit: I liked Fog's video more.

Posted by cool gamer dad

No way you watched it that quickly. Just ignore the music and focus on the gameplay, especially halfway in.

That, and if you're not Halo 2 savvy, you're just not gonna like it. You know what a doubleshot is, right?

Posted by Skitzo Control

Watch an H1 montage.

I didn't like the Eli and Histeria montage because it's all FFA footage.:(

Posted by cool gamer dad

NtG Fr33 has a nice selection.

Posted by G-Sides

last fog ftw. the part where you sword the guy into the window on the pit made me lol 8-)

Posted by Roger Smith

Ok, I went back and watched it all. It was a good video, though I got bored watching the same ****. BATTLE RIFLE BATTLE RIFLE BATTLE RIFLE DOUBLE SHOT MELEE OCCASIONAL SNIPER GRENADE! I enjoyed the chat at the end though, I lol'd.

Good display of shootan skills though.

Quoted post: Ok, I went back and watched it all. It was a good video, though I got bored watching the same ****. BATTLE RIFLE BATTLE RIFLE BATTLE RIFLE DOUBLE SHOT MELEE OCCASIONAL SNIPER GRENADE!

Except that was all pretty impressive considering he got multiple killtrocities and the like with just a BR. NOT SO EASY TO DO

Posted by Roger Smith

BUT BUT BUT I also said "Good display of shootan skills though."

I don't doubt their ability to do it lol.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I preferred Fog's video. I'm gonna miss H3 multiplayer!

Posted by Last Fog

Quoting cats: That nade point on Narrows is pretty cool, where the dude was going for rockets.

But this is an epic Halo montage.

http://gameroom.mlgpro.com/view/99cYfwtsulpa5A.html
I can barely watch 14 minutes of anything on the internet, let alone this. It's impressive, but it gets way too repetitive, and I could barely distinguish one clip from the next. And where's the comic relief? I hate videos that are all HEY LOOK HOW GOOD I AM BEST HALO PLAYER EVER!

Although I admit mine is nothing but comic relief.

Posted by Skitzo Control

Fog, pretty much, in Halo's case, we're more interested in the competition and showing you are the best Halo, wheras you're more interested in comic relief. That's why we preferred Eli the Ninja and Histeria's montage over your series of clips.

Yeah, I'd rather see something impressive than something that happened by mere coincidence and might be funny.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Though I think I'm gonna actually practice that 'nade point on Narrows. Nice find, Fog.

Posted by Last Fog

I guess it's just me, but I can't take Halo seriously. Just about everything that happens I find humorous for some reason.

Don't have to take it seriously. But seeing massive killstreaks with a BR only is a lot cooler than swording some kid through a window. Both videos are cool in their own right, just the other one is more impressive to watch.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

New modes and maps!

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=175184

Posted by Skitzo Control

Why not just use Bungie's weekly updates to inform you of map and playlist updates? That article was posted the 7th of November, whereas Bungie [url=http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&cid=12901]already posted this[/url] two weeks ago.:p

It reveals a bit more about the maps, but yeah, oldish.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

well EXCUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSE ME PRINCESS

How did I miss this? oh lol.

Posted by Gang Starr

i like 2 use the shotgun

Posted by Gang Starr

i like 2 use the shotgun

Posted by Gang Starr

who likes 2 use the bubble shield

Posted by Skitzo Control

i like use shot gun!!!

I'm planning on getting a 360 and H3 tomorrow afternoon-ish. Hope to see you guys there.

Posted by Random

You better.. I saw you online earlier in Halo 2. Hit me up when you get it.

Quoting Skitzo Control: i like use shot gun!!!

I'm planning on getting a 360 and H3 tomorrow afternoon-ish. Hope to see you guys there.

H3 is old. CoD4 is where it's at.

Though I'll play with you, bby.

Posted by cool gamer dad

BAUBLE SHIELD

And Halo 3 is definitely where it's at in Cat Town.

As much as I want to play some H3 with cats... cod4 is too good. ****

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Skitzo chose the absolute worst time to get a 360 for teh Haloz. Though they did revamp the playlists and Bungie.net...

Posted by cool gamer dad

The best time imo if you're a competitive player.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

buy COD4

Posted by cool gamer dad

I would if I had the money. I'm saving for a bunch of different things. By the time I can afford it, the new Rainbow Six will only be a month or two away. There's no chance I'm playing CoD4 when Rainbow Six is out.

i.e. a Wii and Brawl, Rainbow Six, XBL Gold renewal.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Has it even been announced yet? COD4 felt quite similar to Vegas in some points. They even say stuff like 'STACK UP' and 'BREACH AND CLEAR'.

... brb playing vegas

Posted by cool gamer dad

I have a hunch it'll be out by late March or early April.

That's a hell of a long ways off. Just get CoD4 now. You'll love it.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

SAVING FOR A WII

Man, COD4 or Brawl. Tough cookie.

So am I, but I won't even have time or the want to play it until next year.

Posted by Ant

Quoting The X: buy COD4

BUY THE SHOOTAN GAEM OF THE MONTH U WILL LUV IT!

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

My hopes were so high when I saw Ant posting in the XBox forum. NOW I'M CRUSHED :(

Ant only posts in this board and nagel's blog to troll

Quoted post: I would if I had the money. I'm saving for a bunch of different things. By the time I can afford it, the new Rainbow Six will only be a month or two away. There's no chance I'm playing CoD4 when Rainbow Six is out.

Heck yeah, dude. It's going to be so ****ing badass. Giving up CoD4 for it.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Jee wizz, i'm pooped. We should try to make more of those FFA maps. Fun stuff.

Indeed. We just need to find somewhere we can block off.

Posted by misogenie

From Electronic Boutique yesterday, I traded in Command and Conquer Tiberium Wars at $20 and Lost Planet at $27 for pre-owned Halo 3 at $42 deducted from $89. So far on normal Solo Campaign, while my crew is waiting and a voice shouting "No time for sight-seeing", I felt the peacefulness of the dam structure in this overgrown rainforest. A barrel rolled, dipped and sunk as I kicked it over the walled structure into the river.

Posted by Ant

I love this guy.

I hate him. Kinda like how I hate you.

And Skitzo needs to get CoD4.

Ten bucks skitzo would say it sucks or something.

Posted by cool gamer dad

He's more of a fast-paced arena kind of guy.

Posted by Kit

Last time I played this (Saturday) it said my only maps were Narrows and Isolation. Couldn't do matchmaking.

Haven't checked since then, but just in case: Any ideas?

Posted by cool gamer dad

Well, you can try deleting your Halo 3 data. That, or try loading each map individually in a custom lobby (i.e. running around for about 3 seconds on each map. Time consuming, I know), and then try matchmaking. If that doesn't work, try deleting your data, and deleting your gamertag then recovering it.

But i doubt that would work. Your disk drive just isn't reading the maps on the disk.

Your disc might be damaged also. Go rent a copy and see if it works.

Posted by Skitzo Control

Halo 3 is not the only reason I bought a 360, I am actually more interested in getting the SPF-50 crew back together for ol' times' sake. :)
If I do get Soul, Cats, and Paco/Flounder back into the Halo scene, you can be sure I won't be spending much time on many other games, simply because I'd rather play with the homies. But I do plan on trying out CoD4, if only to play with Vampy and Angelwing.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=cats;778119]He's more of a fast-paced arena kind of guy.COD4's pretty run-and-gun. I don't spend a lot of time staying in one place. Though the REALSTICK HP gives it a different strategy.

When I played Halo 3 last night, I was instinctively going for the Battle Rifle, for some reason.

Quoted post: When I played Halo 3 last night, I was instinctively going for the Battle Rifle, for some reason.

Because that's what you're supposed to do.

And yeah, I find CoD4 faster than Halo in terms of action personally. Then again I'm not a camper...

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

The new maps!

[IMG]http://www.destructoid.com/elephant//ul/user/1/11105-54925-11954930571jpg-550x.jpg[/IMG]

Foundry

[IMG]http://www.destructoid.com/elephant//ul/user/1/11105-54925-11954930583jpg-550x.jpg[/IMG]

Standoff

[IMG]http://www.destructoid.com/elephant//ul/user/1/11105-54925-11954932191jpg-550x.jpg[/IMG]

Rat's Nest

Standoff is pretty. Kinda reminds me of Blood Gulch.

Hey, no Midship. ALRIGHT!

Posted by cool gamer dad

****ing useless

Yeah. Seriously, ten bucks for three maps? Hahaha, no. Rainbow gave you five with three modes for ten bucks and even Gears have you four maps.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Well, at least they'll be free in four months or so.

They better not disable all playlists they're used in if you don't have 'em.

Posted by woodlock

I recently won a free xbox 360 from this website, you can also win a ps3 or a nintendo wii or 3 free games...have a look:

consoles.freebiejeebies.co.uk/?id=23191

Posted by Vbty3

Hi

Posted by Shadow

in Spring 2008, the 3 new maps will be free, however, there will be more maps that are new, but most likely you need MP (Microsoft Points).

Does a Halo 3 Tournament sound nice, do you guys want a Tournament?

Posted by MottaTheHutt

Are the new maps out yet?

Posted by Shadow

Not yet, on Tuesday December 11, the maps will be available on XBOX Live Marketplace.

Update: on December 18: Bungie is making a new playlist for the Ranked, called Team Hardcore; plus, there will be no more territories in Team Objective, However, Bungie will introduce into a new Ranked playlist, Team Control, which is based on zone control gametypes like Territories, Land Grab, and a little bit of Team King (but incorporating some suggestions to make it more about map control, and less about grenade spam.

Thank you,
Shadow

Quoted post: Team Hardcore

Maybe I'll actually bother with matchmaking now

Posted by Skitzo Control

Whatever, Vampy, you love AR starts and you know it.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Team Hardcore kills the radar and spawns you with a BR, right? Or am I thinking of something else?

Posted by Skitzo Control

There's quite a lot more to it than that, The X. Although, on the surface, that may seem what it's like, THC should have quite a few differences than just "BR Spawn, no Radar," if Bungie makes the gametypes exactly like MLG. Assuming they do, here's the full deal:

First off, damage is increased to 110%, armor recharge rate is reduced to 90%, player damage is reduced 50% when carrying the Oddball or Flag, and player movement speed is increased to 110%. This, in turn, makes the game much more fast-paced.

On all the maps, Shotguns, Sword, Gravity Hammers, Assault Rifles and almost all basic weapons have been removed, putting an emphasis on BR/Carbine shooting. The only three basic weapons you will see on the maps are Battle Rifles, Carbines, and Maulers (and I have a good feeling the Maulers will be taken off shortly, too). Rocket Launchers and Sniper Rifles, on the maps they are available, will still be there, but moved slightly for balance. Also, powerups are changed/moved slightly on each map.

THC will only play certain maps (Construct, The Pit, The Narrows, Isolation, and Guardian), and each of those maps have some slight changes. Keep in mind that all maps will see an increase in the amount of Battle Rifles and Carbines on location, there will be a couple Maulers, and the Sniper Rifle and Rocket Launcher will still be available (but in possible different locations), and there will be no other weapons, and there will be no equipment. Here's the down-low on each map, specifically:

Construct is the map that has the least amount of changes. The initial spawn will be behind the purple lifts for each team. You'll be playing Team Slayer and King of the Hill on Construct.

On The Narrows, the Shotgun has been removed and the Rocket Launcher has been moved and placed where the Shotgun used to lie. Both power-ups are gone and the Mauler replaces where the Brute Shots were. Team Slayer and CTF are the only two gametypes played on this map. In CTF, because it is so easy to return a flag (I've returned it when it seemed like I was about 10 feet from it), a three second delay has been placed on the return. In other words, you have to stand on the flag for three seconds and keep it untouched to return it its spawn point.

Guardian is the only map that Oddball will be played on, but since it is not a symmetrical map, it will not have CTF, but Team Slayer and King of the Hill will still be played there. The Sniper Rifle has been moved to the top of the tower it spawns in, rather than in that hall underneath, giving the map more of a "Lockout" feel. The Overshield has been taken out entirely, but the Camo remains, in hopes that will balance the map, since each team spawns in the same spot every game.

For The Pit, the area above the bases where you can spawn has been filled with Fusion Cores, to prevent camping. There is, unfortunately, no way to prevent people from spawning there, so measures have been taken to keep people from staying. The Overshield has been removed and replaced with a Custom Powerup, which is placed in the same general area, but closer to the pillar underneath the Sword structure. Instead of it only giving one extra shield, it gives two, as it did in Halo and Halo 2. The Camo and Rocket Launcher have exchanged which hallway they spawn in, and Camo has been elevated so players can no longer squat and walk towards it to prevent being shot. The Pit gametypes will be Team Slayer, CTF, and King of the Hill. In CTF, touch-return is removed, and the flag will reset after 15 seconds.

The Sniper Rifle has been moved closer to the wall on Isolation, and the Rocket Launcher has been moved further away from the Sniper Rifle, closer to that gross looking slide that so many players have begun to refer to as "The Butthole." There are an even number of each grenade on the map. Isolation will only play host to Team Slayer and King of the Hill games. Because it's a symmetrical map, I don't know why CTF isn't played, but oh well.:(
===
That's everything I can think of, at the moment. Again, this is how MLG plays it, and if Bungie keeps to the same formula of "Team Hardcore will be everything that MLG does," then that's what you'll see going on.

And if you have a bunch of friends that want to play THC now, but there's no playlsit for it, download the maps and gametypes [URL="http://www.bungie.net/stats/Halo3/FileShare.aspx?gamertag=MLG%20Gametypes"]here[/URL] and start a custom game! Don't forget to invite me.;)

Posted by F1NALSMASH

and with ALL that being said thats why i don't think halo makes a good tournament game, that is crap any one can get good a things like that just replaying the same rule set with way fewer options.

and its all done so it can be balanced, thats dumb, there needs to be nothing moved changed or altered the game should be played how its made and alterations should only arise to fix strategies that are unbeatable (Example: making older set cards tournament illegal for TGC tournaments) or glitch oriented problems.

The bottom line is if your the best a the game you should win, so why not just play with the games real settings, become the best at Halo 3 itself not some stupid tournament settings. If halo 3 came out of the box with those settings then let it be but it doesn't because that would be way to boring for anyone who wanted to play the game for fun. I guess for the people who want to play it that way its fine, but that doesn't give them the right to say they are better at Halo 3 then someone because they are not, they would be better at one bland simple rule set thats put in place so its balanced.

and really the only reason i wanted to say this is that 90% of the retards on XBL that claim to be MLG and so ***ly at games that talk
all the crap and whine and complain about some game then say lets play 1v1 or in a custom match i will show you what skill is blah blah blah, usually are just idiots that suck and put a bad name out there for the Major League Gaming tournaments, even though i think there dumb anyways.

Quoted post: Team Hardcore kills the radar and spawns you with a BR, right? Or am I thinking of something else?

Because no one's going to read skitzo's post, the short answer is "yes"

lol

Quoted post: and its all done so it can be balanced, thats dumb, there needs to be nothing moved changed or altered the game should be played how its made and alterations should only arise to fix strategies that are unbeatable

Spoilers: the mauler ****ing sucks and there's like twenty on every map. No one wants that ****.

Quoted post:
and its all done so it can be balanced, thats dumb, there needs to be nothing moved changed or altered the game should be played how its made and alterations should only arise to fix strategies that are unbeatable

Spoilers again: The top players will likely kick your *** no matter what. That's just how it goes. On top of that, the changes are made so the best team wins. If you're actually better than the other team, chances are you're going to win every time, you know, like it should be. Because once the other team realizes they're ****ed they think up tactics like camping a small room with maulers. Yeah, you gotta be real good to do that. The changes make it so it's skill-based. Simple as that.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;791437]Because no one's going to read skitzo's post, the short answer is "yes"
I actually went ahead and read all of it. While most of it seems justified, seems a little lame to deny players almost every gun.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Yeah, I think they went a little overboard. I like the base player traits, though.

Posted by Skitzo Control

[quote=F1NALSMASH;791385]and with ALL that being said thats why i don't think halo makes a good tournament game, that is crap any one can get good a things like that just replaying the same rule set with way fewer options.They've had to patch WarCraft, StarCraft, Counter-Strike, and Unreal dozens of times. The publishers themselves are aware of imbalances in the game, and they give players the option to change the game to suit them. Also, it is true that anybody can be good at the game by playing the game. It's a little thing called practice.
[quote=F1NALSMASH;791385]and its all done so it can be balanced, thats dumb, there needs to be nothing moved changed or altered the game should be played how its made and alterations should only arise to fix strategies that are unbeatable (Example: making older set cards tournament illegal for TGC tournaments) or glitch oriented problems.How about we make the game balanced BEFORE those problems arise? That's exactly what they're doing. If you constantly spawn with Assault Rifles in Halo 3, then the only thing you will ever have in your favor is spawning near a better weapon, and thus making the game imbalanced. This scenario happens all the time: "I spawned with an Assault Rifle, next to other close-to-mid-range weapons, but my opponent spawned with an Assault Rifle, next to mid-long-range weapons. Wow, I have no weapon that can shoot him, but he has a weapon that can shoot me. I sure wish I could get lucky and spawn near a weapon that will allow me to shoot him." In better words, a game shouldn't be about luck, about where you spawn in the beginning and throughout the match. It should be about who can shoot better.

And don't even try to site trading card games, because if you've ever played any TCG for an extended period of time, you'd know there are imbalances galore in all of them. That's why they end up having to make some of them illegal. An excellent example of this would be the card Skullclamp in the game Magic: the Gathering.

[quote=F1NALSMASH;791385]The bottom line is if your the best a the game you should win, so why not just play with the games real settings, become the best at Halo 3 itself not some stupid tournament settings. If halo 3 came out of the box with those settings then let it be but it doesn't because that would be way to boring for anyone who wanted to play the game for fun. I guess for the people who want to play it that way its fine, but that doesn't give them the right to say they are better at Halo 3 then someone because they are not, they would be better at one bland simple rule set thats put in place so its balanced.You're right, if you're the best, you should win, on a BALANCED PLAYING FIELD. That's the problem with your argument. The better player wins in all games, as long as the playing field is balanced, but nearly every single game is not balanced, which is why there are patches and map editors available to fix those balance issues. If you play the game for fun, I would honestly suggest playing more of these settings, because they are, in fact, more fun than the regular Halo game, anyway. I don't find it fun to spawn with an Assault Rifle on the other side of the map of an opponent with a Sniper Rifle, and thus having no chance, no matter how skilled I am, at getting close to him. Do you? Usually, players who play this gametype ARE better, and they realize that the game, without these changes is imbalanced, and thus they do everything they can to make an even playing field. Once again, the default settings are not even, these changes are made so they are, and then the best player wins.
[quote=F1NALSMASH;791385]and really the only reason i wanted to say this is that 90% of the retards on XBL that claim to be MLG and so ***ly at games that talk all the crap and whine and complain about some game then say lets play 1v1 or in a custom match i will show you what skill is blah blah blah, usually are just idiots that suck and put a bad name out there for the Major League Gaming tournaments, even though i think there dumb anyways.You know, once again, if he sits you down to a game that is completely balanced, and he beats you at it, he is better. I'm not a pro, by far, but I'm intelligent enough to understand that if I get beat, it's mostly skill (a little luck, a little host advantage, Army Chick 0-10?), as long as we're playing in a balanced match.

ooooooooooooooooooowned

Posted by cool gamer dad

Quoting Skitzo Control: (a little luck, a little host advantage, Army Chick 0-10?)

hahahaha

hoooooooooooooooooooooosssssssssssssssssssssssttttttttttttttt

Posted by snowmeister

halo 3 had a good single online could use a little more game types.

Posted by cool gamer dad

OH MAN LISA LOOK IT'S THAT SNOWMASTER GUY.

OH MAN RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!

I like how just as me and Dan finish the last mission I get a DRE just before the achievement is supposed to be attained. LUV IT.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Did you put a dent in your bawkz?

Not yet. I know there's a hammer around here somewhere that I couldn't find last night...

Posted by cool gamer dad

you should spray cheez wizz in your disk drive

NOM NOM NOM

mmm delicious xbawks

Quoted post: I like how just as me and Dan finish the last mission I get a DRE just before the achievement is supposed to be attained. LUV IT.

What's with you kids and getting disconnected and **** RIGHT before we're about to beat the game? Jeez grandma

Posted by F1NALSMASH

what you say is true Skitzo. and Vamp is a clown

My biggest (and only really) point would be that they have to make it that way to even bring skill into play. and once the game is simplified down to that it makes it a lot easier to be "skilled" at it.

bottom line for me is i don't like halo and i would rather be good at another game, but kudos to the ones who want to have fun with such a boring game.

but honestly i believe the best player would be the player how can win the most in an unbalanced game setting, i mean its not like Bungie
set down and made it not balanced, they balanced the maps to a good extent with using multiple weapons, getting good at all those weapons learning and abusing spawn points whoring the spawn weapons un***ly power etc. is real Halo Skill, as stupid as it may seem to everyone "pro" thats the bottom line halo out of the box is a n00bs playground and getting good at using every little bull **** way to kill the opposing team is more skill then sitting down at a balanced game type. Thats what i think anyway

I suck at halo but i bet i could play they way they play for a month and be in the mix and able to beat anyone, same goes for anyone else that put there mind to it.

[IMG]http://www.silverbox.com/krusty/images/krusty.gif[/IMG]

Posted by F1NALSMASH

hahahahaha

he did own my post. but whatev's

Posted by Skitzo Control

[quote=F1NALSMASH;791876]My biggest (and only really) point would be that they have to make it that way to even bring skill into play. and once the game is simplified down to that it makes it a lot easier to be "skilled" at it.It isn't easier to be "skilled" at this type of game when your opponent spawns with a weapon that can kill you. It actually makes it significantly harder. We go back to what I said in my last post, and break it down better for you. If I spawn with a Battle Rifle, it is now significantly harder for my opponent to kill me with a Sniper Rifle, whereas when I spawn with an Assault Rifle, he can take his time to line up the shot on my head because I don't have a gun that can shoot him from long-range.
[quote=F1NALSMASH;791876]bottom line for me is i don't like halo and i would rather be good at another game, but kudos to the ones who want to have fun with such a boring game.Kudos to the ones with million-dollar contracts, I agree. I'm sorry, but if you are seriously chasing competitive gaming, Halo is your absolute best bet. You're not Korean, so StarCraft and WarCraft is out of the question.
[quote=F1NALSMASH;791876]but honestly i believe the best player would be the player how can win the most in an unbalanced game setting, i mean its not like Bungie set down and made it not balanced, they balanced the maps to a good extent with using multiple weapons, getting good at all those weapons learning and abusing spawn points whoring the spawn weapons un***ly power etc. is real Halo Skill, as stupid as it may seem to everyone "pro" thats the bottom line halo out of the box is a n00bs playground and getting good at using every little bull **** way to kill the opposing team is more skill then sitting down at a balanced game type. Thats what i think anywayI agree, Halo 2 and 3, out of the box, are noob playgrounds. But so are games like Unreal Tournament, Doom, and Quake. Once you get down to actually play the game in a balanced format, it becomes a competitive game. But how can you say it takes more skill when your opponents have bad weapons? That's absolutely ridiculous. That's like saying it takes more skill to kill your opponents when you have an M14 and they have a P9 in Call of Duty 4!
[quote=F1NALSMASH;791876]I suck at halo but i bet i could play they way they play for a month and be in the mix and able to beat anyone, same goes for anyone else that put there mind to it.No, no, no, no. There are so many factors to take into hand when you play Halo competitively. Nearly every single top tier team is constantly practicing, and there's still one team taking the championship 90% of the time. Just because you sit down and play some MLG gametypes with pros will not get you up to pro standards. I know you think that's all it takes, but you'll have to do a lot more than "play for a month." You'll have to learn spawn points, nade points, button combinations, weapon respawn times, hold points, choke points, exploits, and you'll have to have a massive amount of raw talent to even make it in the top 100. Sorry, but you're delusional if you think you could hang with top tier players that easily.

We'll make it a little experiment. If you have H3 and Xbox Live, I'll get you into some MLG games with other players on my list, none of which are top tier players, and we'll play around for a few weeks, and see if you can even measure up to us in that short amount of time. Would you be willing to try to prove me wrong?

Posted by cool gamer dad

Halo is probably the easiest game ever to make money on. Most of the others that pay are just incredibly hard.

Quoted post: Nearly every single top tier team is constantly practicing, and there's still one team taking the championship 90% of the time.

All I remember is that one of the top guys said he plays for 60 hours a week to practice. So yeah, I don't think you'll be beating too many good players after a month's worth of playing.

Posted by Skitzo Control

[quote=cats;792293]Halo is probably the easiest game ever to make money on. Most of the others that pay are just incredibly hard.
*ahem* Madden.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Time to start playing Madden.

Posted by Skitzo Control

Huzzah! CoD4 would be a really fun game to go pro at, but I just realized that there's no chance for me to be a professional gamer, anymore.:(I'm as old, if not older than, Walshy, and he's one of the oldest players right now, too. I'm past my video game prime.:(

Posted by cool gamer dad

You're in your gaming prime, but you just don't have enough time to play as much as the pros do. The optimum ages for professional Starcraft are around 19-23.

Quoted post: I'm as old, if not older than, Walshy, and he's one of the oldest players right now, too. I'm past my video game prime.

Shattered my dreams.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

The thing about pro gaming is, you're often ****ed if a newer game comes along that outdates your game of choice. Not like RL sports. :(

Doesn't seem the pros actually care. Like Halo 2 and Starcraft.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

What happens when Starcraft II hits? WORLDS WILL TURN UPSIDE DOWN

Posted by cool gamer dad

There'll be a few new faces. But mostly the same guys.

Posted by Skitzo Control

Hey guys, let's all get The Orange Box and play it instead of Halo 3!:D
---
Heh... I'm on my way to GameStop to get The Orange Box and possibly Rainbow Six: Vegas. When I get back, I'm going to hop on H3 real quick and play a few games with Cats, here, so if you guys wanna load up and join us, that'd be sweeeeeeeeet.:)

I'll play some Orange Box with you around christmas.

Posted by Skitzo Control

Portal is thirty times more fun than it has any right to be. I want a Handheld Portal device.:(
---
This thread's s'posed to be about H3! OMG OMG OMG Sniper Rifle, Battle Rifle, Sword, Grah!!!

Orange Box seems alright, but not one of my top priorities. Didn't really care for Team Fortress much.

I hope you did get R6 because when my xbawks is back that'll account for 70% of gameplay.

TF2 is the last reason I'm buying it. Do want E1, E2 and Portal though.

Portal is pretty fun, and from what I played of HL2 it seemed decent. Yeah.

I miss my xbox already. :(

Oh yeah, I forgot you weren't over the moon about HL2 like everyone else...

I think I need to play it more. :( I think I only had it for a couple days right after CoD came out.

Yeah, go buy it. If you like shootdan you should love HL2. You must've missed something or wanted to play more CoD.

Yeah, I blame CoD.

Xbox...I know I left that hammer around here somewhere...

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Team Fortress 2 is pretty crap on 360. But the rest of the games in the pack make up for it. <3

except e1

Posted by Skitzo Control

E1 was excellent, it's only downfall was it was WAY too short. Portal is way more fun than it has any right to be, simply for sheer goofy pleasure.

Much like Cats, H3 just isn't doing "it" for me, right now. I still have CoD4, I bought The Orange Box, and R6V, and I still haven't even played the two games that came with my Xbox 360 (Forza and Marvel Alliance). Not to mention I have a working copy of WarCraft III again so I can play it, now.:D

Posted by Moogs

TF2 is a PC shooter.

Portal was very very fun to me.

Quoted post: still haven't even played the two games that came with my Xbox 360 (Forza and Marvel Alliance)

Probably because both suck hardcore. And somehow you knew that subconsciously.

Oh hey, guys. Any of you buy that sweet map pack that just came out today? I know I sure didn't!

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Forza's pretty good.

And no, I didn't even know the maps were out. :(

Posted by Kit

In b4 not out in Europe yet.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

OH, EUROPE!

Quoting Skitzo Control: E1 was excellent, it's only downfall was it was WAY too short. Portal is way more fun than it has any right to be, simply for sheer goofy pleasure.

Much like Cats, H3 just isn't doing "it" for me, right now. I still have CoD4, I bought The Orange Box, and R6V, and I still haven't even played the two games that came with my Xbox 360 (Forza and Marvel Alliance). Not to mention I have a working copy of WarCraft III again so I can play it, now.:D

CoD4 and R6V are really all you need. Maybe occasional Halo.

3 new maps for $12.40? Do not want.

12 bucks? More like 10 bucks. 80 points is a dollar.

Quoted post: In b4 not out in Europe yet.

Well, you know, they gotta translate... the gameplay to... all the languages of Europe... and pal... and no one cares about europe. AMIRITE? HIGH FIVE

I thought it was more like 65. For Canada, anyways. Still, waiting until spring to get them free, apparently.

Yeah, I'm waiting too. I mean, I waste ten bucks here and there on trivial stuff... but nothing justifies the price for only three maps. They don't even look all that exciting.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Waiting. Though Standoff is pretty cool. You can actually open/close the windows and doors of the base. Could make for some epic turtling strategies.

might as well just play rainbow

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Play Team Hardcore on Standoff to give Cats a feel for COD4! ^_^

That map does look pretty neat...but it looks even neater free.

Cats is getting CoD4 once my xbawks is back...right!?

Posted by cool gamer dad

RIGHT.

mrrrrrrr

Isn't one of the new maps basically an empty room? If so, that'd be a fun forge map. CATBALL

Posted by cool gamer dad

It comes with default settings, but they can be changed completely in forge. Even the walls and stuff!

MEOWMRR

Oh man, can't wait til spring!

Posted by cool gamer dad

Cheez wizz, cats, and Rainbow Six? Want.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

No objects

BR only

Final Desti... Foundry.

We could make a pretty sweet catball map in foundry.

Posted by cool gamer dad

It has to be SUPER corridor-like for maximum catballage.

looks like it already it. I've gotta admit, the new maps look pretty cool. More interesting than the other H3 maps anyways.

Posted by F1NALSMASH

Skitzo response

sorry i have been at the hospital my daughter has arrived.

but i doubt i could beat the gamers you would bring into the matches i really do because i play other games as well and like its been said i don't just play halo for 60 hours a week to practice i play for fun so i play more games, i am not that great if i had the time and youth i could put my mind to it but i am interested in having fun.

i did DL the mlg game types and i must say i made a custom room with some friends (actually invited you but you were on CoD4 at the time) and had way more fun playing that then matchmaking, question to anyone though, i know the new maps are here as of yesterday i have yet to grab them but are any suitable for mlg types i am curious if they will make the custom map sets for any of them

Quoted post: i am curious if they will make the custom map sets for any of them

Wouldn't doubt it.

And if you just had a baby, congrats.

Posted by F1NALSMASH

thats good i like playing that way but its only 5 maps. i guess i could make half *** mlg versions of the others with just BRs and Carbines.

thank you very much. her name is Hayden Brooke Branch-Barca

its a mouth full but we wanted her to be able to go by both mine and my girlfriends last names, we will be married some day but that costs money so it might not been soon. she is healthy pretty and all the good stuff and warm at home now so i am thankful i got some pictures i probably will try to make a picture thread tomorrow in the right place to let everyone see.

Posted by Skitzo Control

[quote=F1NALSMASH;793583]Skitzo response

sorry i have been at the hospital my daughter has arrived.

but i doubt i could beat the gamers you would bring into the matches i really do because i play other games as well and like its been said i don't just play halo for 60 hours a week to practice i play for fun so i play more games, i am not that great if i had the time and youth i could put my mind to it but i am interested in having fun.

i did DL the mlg game types and i must say i made a custom room with some friends (actually invited you but you were on CoD4 at the time) and had way more fun playing that then matchmaking, question to anyone though, i know the new maps are here as of yesterday i have yet to grab them but are any suitable for mlg types i am curious if they will make the custom map sets for any of them
It's cool, I don't expect immediate responses, especially not on VGC.:p

Congratulations on the chilen. Babies are delicious.

There's a lot more to it than playing Halo for 60 hours a week. Sure, that's how a lot of the pros practice, but they do play other games. Walshy (widely considered the best Halo 2 player) was able to win first at both the Halo 2 and Shadowrun tournaments in several events. He's just a flat-out professional gamer.

Good to hear you actually enjoyed it. I'm sure it was a little frustrating having just a Battle Rifle, even in close-ranged matches, but at least you tried it out. I actually haven't been online for a few days, so if you saw me online, it was one of the dozen people that use my account on a regular basis. People just come into my apartment, play on my 360 and rack up some kills (but mostly deaths) in CoD, Halo, R6, and Team Fortress. Maybe next time I'll join you.:)

Quoted post: and rack up some kills (but mostly deaths) in CoD

Yeah, all right, buddy. Sure.

Oh, so I got to try the new maps tonight... jesus Standoff needs BR starts. If Bungie was smart they'd just have BR starts for large maps and AR starts for small maps. That's pretty easy to do and solves a ton of problems. Because currently, it's just like: spawn, turn around, dude with BR 100 feet away blasting you in the face, die, spawn, repeat.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Man, you paid ten bux for those? That's like, ten packs of really good gum.

Posted by F1NALSMASH

i am downloading them now, i would like to get them free but waiting sucks. i cant wait to check them out.

Quoted post: Man, you paid ten bux for those? That's like, ten packs of really good gum.

I'd be the last person to buy halo 3 maps.

Posted by Skitzo Control

I won't ever pay for the Halo 3 maps.:)

Give me five maps for 10 bucks and I'll consider it. five maps and some extra and **** and I'm sold.

Posted by Drewboy64

This is sort of a shameless plug i guess, but...
Anyone played the map Great Wall yet? Bungie played it on their humpday challenge. My brother actually made the map, our gamertag is Lintendo64.

I'm not gonna lie, it's pretty freaking awesome to [have my brother] get recognized by Bungie.

Posted by MottaTheHutt

I noticed you were on my Friends list, but we haven't played yet Skitzo. :(

Posted by Skitzo Control

On both B.Net and Live! Too bad, too. Oh well, maybe another day.:)

Posted by misogenie

Using the tank to attack the legs disables the Scorpion temporarily. I like replaying this level to view the Scorpion's insect-like walking ability.

Yeah, fascinating stuff.

hahaha, oh ***

Posted by cool gamer dad

This just in: Team Hardcore blows. Hardcore VIP on Isolation? Neutral Bomb on Valhalla? Do not want.

Posted by Skitzo Control

But it does have some good games. There's still TS on Pit and Guardian, or CTF on Iso and Pit, etc. I mean, it's not ALL bad. But it's a lot bad. Still, though, BR Spawns? Thumbs up.

Nah. **** sucked. I played it early, and wow, was it not fun. At all.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

BUT THAT'S HOW THE MLG PLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

HARDCORE

Posted by Skitzo Control

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;797281]Nah. **** sucked. I played it early, and wow, was it not fun. At all.The reason it sucked, I'm sure, is you were playing with unentertaining people. I played it with Army Chick and my buddy Tomcat (SPLIT-SCREEN!!!) and I had a lot of fun. Maybe it's just me, but even when losing, Tom and I were laughing about silly stuff (Chasing somebody, then they turn around and four-shot one of us, "What the hell? The kid doesn't even turn for a minute, then turns into a regular Billy the Kidd."). Maybe I'm different, but I had a lot of fun with the right people.:)Vampy, I bet you'd enjoy it with Army Chick and I.

Posted by MottaTheHutt

Quoting The X: BUT THAT'S HOW THE MLG PLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

HARDCORE

lol... MLG

Quoted post: Vampy, I bet you'd enjoy it with Army Chick and I.

I only ever play Halo if cats is on... and not even he couldn't make it fun. We both agreed it was ****ing boring and went to rainbow instead.

Nothing could make Halo fun, especially since I know I can actually play, you know, a fun game if I got up and popped a different disc in.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Hardcore does have its moments, but there's just so much garbage that you're bound to get stuck with something bad eventually. You just can't veto it all out.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

HEY GUYS WHO WANTS TO PLAY SHOTTY SNIPERS ON THE PIT AGAIN?

Posted by Al Borland

Halo online not fun? Psh you're all insane

No, you just have **** taste in games.

Posted by Skitzo Control

No, he just enjoys him some shootin'.:)
---
Like I said, I enjoy Hardcore with the right people, almost all of the time. If Cats, Soul, Tomcat and I rocked it up, I'm sure I'd have a blast.:)

Doesn't make it a good game. With the right people every game is fun.

Posted by Skitzo Control

Although that's a valid argument, it's not one that's valid for Halo. I have fun whenever I play it (although less fun if I'm not with the homies), be it Team Hardcore or even Social Slayer.

I can't have fun with halo. Not in matchmaking anyways. It's way boring. Customs is good fun though.

Catball wins.

Only reason to hold onto Halo 3. In hopes of one day it'll be revived.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

idk guys, Grifball looks pretty fun. Can't wait for Foundry to come down to $0.

Don't forget litter box.

Posted by cool gamer dad

It isn't catball without the litterbox, really...

Somehow just a simple renaming made it a great map.

Plus hornets.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Have to have the hornets. And the tanks. And portals.

oh yeah, I forgot all that stuff was in there. It's been awhile.

Posted by Al Borland

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: No, you just have **** taste in games.

Boy you're grumpy. It's fun especially when you have friends who play it and you get a good party going. I've enjoyed it thus far

Posted by Borealis

Quoting Al Borland: Boy you're grumpy. It's fun especially when you have friends who play it and you get a good party going. I've enjoyed it thus far

Yeah, but that's all that makes it fun. If you're playing solo, g[COLOR="White"]o[/COLOR]d forbid, chances are your opponents are playing with friends or a good group and you're playing with random scrubs, so chances for winning/having fun are slimmer.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Campaign was fun, but it only lasted a day or so. Multiplayer's only enjoyable if you're playing with the custom game types. Everything else is a pretty boring grind.

Agreed. Plus, in basically every gametype my level's too high to have any fun in matchmaking. Everyone up there plays way too seriously. So it's just not fun.

Posted by cool gamer dad

aahh, catball. It's been so long.

that's really the only reason it was invented. because matchmaking sucked. either we wouldn't have fun, or nagel wouldn't, or none of us would.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I'm trying to work on a fun 2-player gametype that my brother and I can **** around in. Drawing a blank for ideas so far, though.

Posted by cool gamer dad

halo hopscotch.

Posted by misogenie

[quote]2007 Best Fighting Game:

Virtua Fighter 5 Online

Developer: SEGA-AM2

Publisher: SEGA

With a roster of 17 fighters, including two new brawlers, players were able to test their skills in the most advanced Virtua Fighter to date. Visually on par with the arcade machine, the game lets players brawl against virtual opponents in quest mode and customize their characters with a large library of costumes almost as deep as the complex fighting system. And when it came to Xbox 360, it went online, making it the
definitive version to have on a home console.

If Sega and Bungie did the next Halo as a category combined FPS-fighting game then it would take multiplayer besides solo a whole new thrilling level experience. Masterchief, friends and enemies would have deadly martial art skills in a weaponless situation from first to third person camera view fighting, and then switches back to first person camera view after defeating enemy.
I should be rich for discovering this idea - unless it's already planned.

An idea like that, man, it must already be in the works.

Posted by Shadow

Big Team Slayer Battle on Sandtrap is so much fun, but besides that, it's just a normal halo 3 play. Social Objectives are fun, especially with good teammates, I just hate the mixed up; Like your in a noob team, and your facing good people, the odds can be aganist or with you.

BTB sucks ***.

Posted by Shadow

Better than people coming out of nowhere and kill you, in Rumble Pit all they do is sneak up on you, mostly, and in Social Slayer, you probably get noobs, so if your going to get noobs why not play BTB with your friends?