Font colour.

Posted by junior senior

[B]Jesse, I'm getting pretty tired of bolding my font every time I use it. I want to use the colour, though. Remember in vB2 when we could manage it in the User CP? My font colour didn't need to get bolded everytime.
Well, can you do that again? :([/b]

Posted by Jesse Smith

If I make it easy for u all to have ur own colors and stuff, then more people will have colors like urs, hard to read.

Posted by sabre

Can you at least make it so we don't have to faff around with the font faces (georgia, times new roman, etc.)? It'd make changing the font quite more convenient, yet can't really be that damaging. If anyone uses something dumb like wingdings as their font, we can just ban them, seeing their posts will just be apparently senseless garble: spam.

Posted by higbvuyb

Quoting Sabredog]Yes, I do.

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/sabredogsuplex/setthefont.jpg[/IMG]

I've been setting georgia since June '04, and color=ccff00 for much longer still. Heck, I was using ccff00 back when I could set it in the user CP. It's become purely habitual now, but I'm sure it'd be relaxing to have one thing less to type.

Posted by junior senior

Quoting Jesse Smith: If I make it easy for u all to have ur own colors and stuff, then more people will have colors like urs, hard to read.

[B]It is not hard to read. It's only because it's not the original colour I have to bold it.

And remember, Linkman told me it was a good font colour![/b]

Posted by Axis

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Black]Yeah, it would be a lot easier if you can have it to something pre-set. Besides, if there's a font that's hard to read, the Super Moderators can just tell them to change it. I haven't seen any fonts that are hard to read either.[/COLOR][/FONT]

Posted by sabre

Dyers Eve is correct. Alternatively, you could make it so Super Moderators have the ability to reset a person's font to white, if they refuse. There are multiple ways to get past such a minor setback.

Posted by Arczu

It couldn't hurt to do it with the fonts. although, once that happens, quoting people gets a bit lazier.

Posted by Last Fog

[FONT=Fixedsys][COLOR=SandyBrown]I already made a thread not long ago exactly like this :beep:

But yea, if we can't be allowed to set a permanent color, at least let us do a certain font type. Some people do have poor colors... like Arczu Thats not so easy to read, man. I happen to think my color is terrific, though. Any type of red or pink just doesn't go well on gray.[/COLOR][/FONT]

Posted by Jesse Smith

http://www.vgchat.com/profile.php?do=editoptions

See any change???????!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D

Now let's see how many n00bies complain that they don't get there color to show up because thay can't read instructions!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Posted by coromoro

I miss the days when few of the members used font colours. :(

Posted by sabre

Much better. Thanks.

Posted by Poco

I bring about the return of the orange font.

Posted by Axis

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Black]Its still not working for me, I still have to do it manually.

EDIT: Nevermind.
[/COLOR][/FONT]

Posted by Last Fog

Test

Posted by Last Fog

Sweet! It works.

Posted by junior senior

yay.

Wow, I just typed the colour code in. I have to break that habit.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Dyers Eve: [FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Black]Its still not working for me, I still have to do it manually.[/COLOR][/FONT]

Uggggg, almost 900 posts, and u r still a n00bie!!!!!!!!!!!!! As I always say, once a n00bie, always a n00bie!!!!

Posted by Axis

Look below wacko. It says nevermind for a reason.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Because after being a n00bie, you FINALLY figured out why it didn't show up!!! You read the instructions!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Quoting Sabredog]