Goldeneye vs. The World is Not Enough

Posted by EvilDeadGamer

wich one did ya'll like better? Goldeneye or TWINE?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

The World is Not Enough. Goldeneye is one of the worst games ever made.

Posted by Iris

The World is Not Enough. Goldeneye was great, but TWiNE gameplay was a bit more challenging and just as fun. The multiplayer was also better.

Posted by EvilDeadGamer

Quoting The X: The World is Not Enough. Goldeneye is one of the worst games ever made.

it may have had its flaws, but the worst game ever made? common!? There are a ton worse than that.

Posted by Dexter

Oh, wow. Sometimes I really can't tell if you guys are being sarcastic or not. If so, good job, I think I'm fooled.

Goldeneye was easily better. There really is no competition. The World is Not Enough is terrible, especially in comparison, just like the EA 007 games that followed it.

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting Dexter: EA

Nuff said.

Goldeneye. Superior.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

You guys! Goldeneye is the worst game ever! DONT BE SO BLIND~

Posted by Roger Smith

Conformists.

Posted by Dexter

The good days when I didn't know how to use the radar system. Terrific cheats to unlock. Wonderful level design. Infinite replay value.

Posted by muffla

one of you lis lying because two of you say goldeneye yet there is olny one vote for twine

Posted by Dexter

Fact: anyone who says Goldeneye wasn't a great game is lying to themselves.

Posted by D.J Cat

Hmm, Dex should this be closed as spam...
Unless you guys are trying to be funny or something...

In all honesty!!!:
OK, you could have some good fun with TWINE (lol, a ball of twine...cats...and stuff. yeah)
but really it just doesn't stack up against Goldeneye.
The bots in multiplayer was a good option to have.
I do wish I could have beat that game but i think i got stuck on the 6th level, where you have to sneak around a building at night or something?

Posted by Corrupt

Well, it really depends on what aspect of the game you're considering. If you're talking about the single player mode? The original, by far. Keeping in mind the plethora of Gameshark cheats that can be used to enhance it, the possibilities are practically endless. I can't tell you HOW many times I've had hours of fun with the debug cheat, giant/tiny guards, confused enemies, fast/slow animation, along with a host of others. And admittedly, while the multiplayer is very fun with a few friends (and even moreso with some liquor handy!), it doesn't quite measure up to the multiplayer in TWINE. The AI bots were certainly a welcome addition (even though they were ****ing stupid, naturally), especially for me, considering that none of my friends were interested in the game at all and would never play it with me. The bastards. Oh, and I never did like the fact that you couldn't pit any of the "good" characters against each other at all. Though I suppose I can get the enjoyment out of watching them blow each other's brains out by putting three of them on a team and activating friendly fire, but it's just not the same! However, I did enjoy the single player mode in TWINE, and it was certainly more challenging than the original (save for that ****ing Aztec level in the original), but it wasn't one of those things that I could just play over and over. It didn't give me the same sense of satisfaction that the levels in the original did, nor did I have as much fun completing them.

So, out of the two, I'd have to pick the original. The replay value, the nostalgia, the countless cheats to tweak it with, the solid multiplayer, and that badass mofo RC-P90 wins me over. With this game, you don't need the multiplayer to have fun.

Posted by Klarth

Goldeneye was just a cheap movie tie-in, guys. The World is Not Enough is CLEARLY the superior game. EA are truly a fine development studio. Definitely one of the greatest games of our time.

Posted by avalanch

Golden Eye 007. The multiplayer was a great feature especially at parties and hey, it was one of the first games to set the bar for first person shooters like socom.

Posted by U.B.C.S. Nick

I liked Goldeneye but one thing did bother me about it...

Posted by EvilDeadGamer

omg you have no idea how many times ive thought about that, even back in the day. that is pretty crazy.

Posted by Dexter

It gave it the realism!

Posted by Al Borland

Goldeneye is absolutely legendary, and while TWINE was a nice attempt at a follow up, Perfect Dark **** all over it.

Posted by Creedence

My favorite thing on goldeneye was on one of the snow levels with a model car and motercycle no bigger than like a hotwheels, if you shot it it would blow up in a huge firey burst and kill you usuauly, then you unlocked a cheat.

Lol, and it took me forever to figure out what twine ment, I feel like a retard.

Quoting avalanch: Golden Eye 007. The multiplayer was a great feature especially at parties and hey, it was one of the first games to set the bar for first person shooters like socom.

Erm, it set the bar for major fps's on -->game consoles<--, their were major fps titles on the PC before goldeneye, so it was bound to happen sometime. But it was still awesome.

Posted by D.J Cat

It set the bar anyway.

It was the first game to introduce Objective based missions rather than "shoot this, collect key, go through door"
Also the AI was ahead if its time. Just how the enemies can hear if you are using a loud gun was a huge step up.

Posted by Shane McMahon

Goldeneye, I just had more fun playing it

Posted by Kendra, Warrior Babe

Goldeneye is supreme. 'Nuff said. :)

Posted by maian

Perfect Dark

:(

Posted by MottaTheHutt

Quoting EvilDeadGamer: wich one did ya'll like better? Goldeneye or TWINE?

That's a serious question? Goldeneye + 3 Friends and/or relatives = good times.

Quoting maian: Perfect Dark

:(

...I thought Perfect Dark was better in every way. I'm the only person I know that thinks that, it seems.

Posted by maian

Huh? No, I said Perfect Dark with a sad face. I was sad because I know 90% of the world disagrees.

...But yes, Perfect Dark is far superior in pretty much every way imaginable.

Posted by Dexter

No. Perfect Dark single player lacked significantly. Level design was awful, gun placement was dreadful, and the futuristic aspects were appalling. Framerates didn't work so great, either. The 64 engine just couldn't handle it good enough and they shouldn't have tempted to push it so far. It did have improvements in certain areas, but not in every way. Far from, actually.

Posted by The Hate

Goldeneye. Classic

Posted by inequity

Out of the 2 I would say The World Is not Enough

But I would prefer to play Perfect Dark Zero out of all of them.