Component Cables Not Working :)

Posted by Last Fog

So I bought component cables for my Wii, not the official Nintendo ones, because they are overpriced. I got Gamestop brand universal cables. And I plug them in directly to my TV, and I get no color at all. I get a picture but it's black and white. I cant even go into the options menu and change the resolution to 480p. It wont let me select it. I tested the cables on my 360, works just fine. Any ideas?

I'm almost lead to believe Nintendo designed this thing not to work with any brand cables but they're own. That would be lunacy, but according to how its worded in the owners manual, I wouldnt put it past them.

Posted by Speedfreak

...how the fuck would a Wii component cable work in a 360? How would it even plug in? Perhaps that's part of the problem?

Posted by Last Fog

Quoting Speedfreak: ...how the fuck would a Wii component cable work in a 360? How would it even plug in? Perhaps that's part of the problem?
Ahem...

[SIZE="4"]not the official Nintendo ones, because they are overpriced. I got Gamestop brand universal cables.[/SIZE]

Universal in case you didnt know means works for all systems. Try reading the whole post next time.

And before anyone says "well you should have gotten the official nintendo cables" you can go to hell. I proved that theres nothing wrong with the cables.

Posted by Bebop

I dont use official component cables and I dont have the problems youve described. Its the cable, not the console.

Posted by Last Fog

Which is why it works fine on my other console.

Posted by Bebop

Its the cables fault. End of.

Posted by Last Fog

No it's not because that doesnt make any ****ing sense. I googled it and found several results with people having the same problem (black and white), but no answers anywhere on how to solve it. And before I exchange it and get the same problem, I'm wondering if anyone has a clue. Guess not.

Posted by Speedfreak

You haven't proven there's nothing wrong with the cables, you've just proven that there's nothing wrong with the 360-compatible part of the cables. Either buy official component cables, Wii-specific 3rd party cables or return the cable you have for a new one and try again.