The Simpsons Movie

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

26th of July for crumpet-munchers, and 27th for the Americanos!

Seen the trailer before Harry Potter today. It looks like it's going to be pretty dang good. First time in a few years I've laughed at something Simpsons-based. :)

Posted by Roger Smith

You little....I'LL TEACH YOU TO LAUGH AT SOMETHING THAT'S FUNNY! :mad:

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Yeah, I saw the trailer for it before Harry Potter also, and must say I'm impressed. I haven't bothered to watch the Simpsons for years now, but I'll be seeing this movie.

Posted by veritas

Spiderpig spiderpig, does whatever a spiderpig does.

Posted by U.B.C.S. Nick

It was bound to happen sometime. It does look good though, i'll get the DVD of it in whatever months.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

idk... it's the simpsons. new simpsons. My expectations are incredibly low.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

New Simpsons, but with the best writers. Plus, it's been in the making for 14 years!

my expectations are still low. That way it'll at least be decent if it's bad.

Posted by U.B.C.S. Nick

I heard a long time ago that one the simpsons producers or what not, were going to turn on of the episodes the staff had just writen into a movie. But the staff could barely make 18 minutes of it let alone 80.

Posted by Bebop

All the trailers are subpar. Hopefully the film isnt

Posted by Ant

This better be hilarious. My expectations for it are extremely high.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Hank Scorpio.

If he's in it I'm interested.

Posted by EvilDeadGamer

Quoting Ant: This better be hilarious. My expectations for it are extremely high.

oh it will be...it will be...

Posted by TMNT Freak

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]I am pretty stoked about it myself.

I dont really find the new episodes [i[that bad, but they arent the best I have seen.

As an avid Simpsons fan and television watcher (Its actually on right now), I have great expectations for the movie.

A girl at work told me that there is going to be a part with nudity in it.... where they cover up Bart's Junk a few times, then it actually shows up. I doubt that can be true, but she claimed there was some kind of debate deal in the news about it.[/COLOR]

Posted by Death Cube K

When I saw Homer stuck between a rock and A Hard Place in the first trailer (whatever one that was released around Christmas, I believe?) I actually laughed out loud and that's a rare occurrence for me. I like the Simpsons, I'm not crazy about them like some people, but I will have advanced tickets for the first-day showing.

Posted by Crazy K

I don't care to much. My sister's boyfriend is a fan of the Simpsons so they will most likely buy the film, and I'll probably watch it then.

Posted by Tiptoegecko

Quoting The Sniper: Spiderpig spiderpig, does whatever a spiderpig does.

Yes.

Posted by Bebop

Nothing in the trailer actually made me lol. The original (fake?) teaser trailer got me giggling but all this spider-pig stuff isnt doing it for me. Apart from when he raspberried the pig. That was pretty sweet.

Posted by Death Cube K

Quoting Bebop: Nothing in the trailer actually made me lol. The original (fake?) teaser trailer got me giggling but all this spider-pig stuff isnt doing it for me. Apart from when he raspberried the pig. That was pretty sweet.

His name is Harry Plopper.

Posted by Bebop

Heh. Plop. *** bless the Simpsons writing team.

Its going to be so wierd seeing the yellow family on the big screen. Only days away from probably the most significent cinema moment in our lifetime. So far anyway.

Posted by Ant

From what I've seen the latest commericals, it has me slightly worried as to the quality of it. All the scenes with the pig? ugh.

Posted by Death Cube K

Quoting Ant: From what I've seen the latest commericals, it has me slightly worried as to the quality of it. All the scenes with the pig? ugh.

I don't think you should be worried. I think they're using the pig a lot so that they don't give away a lot of the funnier parts of the movie. Trying to keep the bare minimum in the commercials to keep everyone interested. IMO, anyway.

It's going to suck. But apparently people think the pig is hilarious... so what do I know.

Posted by Ant

I can see it now. Me being the ******* who doesn't laugh while everyone else is having a good time.

Posted by muffla

Quoting Ant: I can see it now. Me being the ******* who doesn't laugh while everyone else is having a good time.

i bet you were the same way at Borat, wernt you?

I know I was. I only laughed twice during that whole movie. Really overrated.

Posted by U.B.C.S. Nick

I must admit, spider pig in the trailer did make me laugh out loud.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Ant: I can see it now. Me being the ******* who doesn't laugh while everyone else is having a good time.

Same. That pig is getting far too much respect.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Ant;627242]I can see it now. Me being the ******* who doesn't laugh while everyone else is having a good time.

I felt that way during the trailer. My friends were totally BOL and I was all :(

Posted by Ant

Actually, I realllllly liked Borat. However, when I went to go see the ATHF movie I only kinda chuckled in the opening part. Otherwise I was almost falling asleep through the rest while my friends were constANTly boling.

Posted by The Judge

From what I've seen from the previews, the Simpson's movie absolutely reeks with new Simpson's humor, which means it's going to suck monumentally, which is a gigantic letdown.

I can only pray I'm wrong.

man, the simpsons better not make pigs popular again

Posted by Ant

I'M A WILD PIG! [spoiler]if you don't get that you suck[/spoiler]

Posted by Death Cube K

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: man, the simpsons better not make pigs popular again

It may be too late, it may not, but I've already heard one too many Spider-pig jokes lately.

Posted by Bebop

It's not the funniest film ever made but it's not a disappointment or a bad movie experience, which is the main thing.

I don't want to nit pick too much because with a film like The Simpsons Movie which has so much expectation riding on it it's far too easy. But there are a few things I will say without spoiling anything.

There is quite a bit of risque stuff. Stuff you wouldn't expect.

There are a variety of jokes from low brow to more intellectual and from odd to just plain weird so you're pretty much guaranteed to laugh at a few things.

The pig is actually significant to the plot but don't worry he has enough screen time for you to like him and he doesn't get thrown around too much. Once his purpose comes round and the audience gets a few chuckles from him hes gone.

The story progression is really weird. Ill leave it at that.

The actual ending is technically poorly executed IMO. Story wise its pretty fine but I don't like how they handled the shot.

IMO there wasn't enough side characters. Granted it would have been impossible to get every notable character a fair amount of screen time but some characters seemed to unnecessarily stick around longer than other. Comic Book Guy more than Mr Burns? I don't agree with that.

Posted by Ant

how the hell did you see it already?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Ant;629049]how the hell did you see it already?

It's already out here.

Posted by Ant

what the ****. how did it come out there before here?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Ant;629059]what the ****. how did it come out there before here?
You guys get Transformers, we get the Simpsons.

CHECKMATE

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Huh, that's weird. So does NA get it on the 27th then?

I find it funny that europe gets the simpsons first, rather than america. Go figure.

Posted by Ant

I FIND IT STUPID AND CONFUSING. IT MAKES ME ANGRY.

Posted by Bebop

I saw it early because I had a special preview ;-*

Posted by EvilDeadGamer

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: I find it funny that europe gets the simpsons first, rather than america. Go figure.

ya, no kidding. whats the world coming to these days? xD

Posted by Bebop

It's because Transformers is released here on the 27th. Fox moved it a day ahead to compete.

You're only getting transformers now? Huh.

Posted by Vbty3

Wow

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: You're only getting transformers now? Huh.

This may come as a shock to you but America is the first place to play American films.

Except for Simpsons of course.

I thought Transformers came out in mid-june for a second. Forgot it's been less than a month.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Just seen it, and I enjoyed it a lot. Nice mix of clever humour, OH LOL VIOLENCE and family-values stuff that the Simpsons used to be full of. There weren't many appearances by secondary characters, and like Bebop said, the ones that did appear were awkward choices.

It was frustrating watching it in the cinema though - the audience were like 'OH, HOMER! LOL U HIT UR HEAD AGAIN THAT IS SO FUNNY ROFL' then I was the only one laughing at stuff like the Bible joke or the Drederick Tatum scene. The Fox advert totally went over everyone's heads, though. LOL, we don't have fox. :(

Posted by Echo

Saw it opening night. Really funny, actually. I was impressed. I didn't go in expecting much, though. Like bebop said, there is a large variety of the types of jokes that are made, so if you have any sense of humor at all you will get at least a few laughs out of it. I definitely recommend it.

Called that ****. I went with five different people, two who were excited as hell, and three others who just wanted to see it. The two former ones laughed at just about everything along with the crowd, the three latter laughed at most decent jokes. Though, I think I laughed twice throughout the whole thing. I grinned a lot, but barely laughed. It so wasn't worth my ten bucks.

Oh, and the lines were the longest I've ever seen them. Easily 400 people. I couldn't believe it. Especially considering the show hasn't even been funny in five years.

Posted by Bebop

I rarely laugh out loud at films but I can still say they are funny.

Its amazing how many of the good jokes went over people head. "I wanted to give something back. Not the money, but something" Genius!

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Two of my favourites:

Burns: For once the rich, white man is in control!

EPA guy: Sir! You've gone mad with power!
Cargill: You ever try going mad without power? No one listens to you.

the second one doesn't sound sound as good without the Albert Brooks delivery

Posted by Bebop

Ralph: "I like men now!". Brilliant.

Posted by The Judge

I really enjoyed the movie, which is saying something, because I went in expecting to trudge through a cinematic version of a new Simpson's episode. What I found interesting is the stupid crap I saw in the commercials that I thought was retarded made me laugh within the context of the movie. My favorite bit was with Martin at the end.

Quoted post: What I found interesting is the stupid crap I saw in the commercials that I thought was retarded made me laugh within the context of the movie.

Complete opposite for me. Except I didn't find the commercials funny either.

Posted by The Hate

Awww you didnt like spiderpig. I thought it was hilarious in the theaters cause it was completly silent while he was saying it.

Posted by Al Borland

Yea I was surprised/impressed. The past several years have been tough on Simpsons fans, but this was a nice treat. The boob lady was genius

Posted by The Hate

She did have some big boobs.

Posted by Bebop

Boob lady wasnt funny.

Not even close.

Posted by Al Borland

Thrusting her boobs to direct Homer was VERY funny

No... it wasn't.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

It was AWKWARD.