Who thought Zero was a chick at first?

Posted by EvilDeadGamer

Who thought Zero was a chick at first?

Posted by Stalolin

Haha, yeah. Back when I first played Megaman X I was around 7, and for me then, long hair = female, no matter what. Later on I learned the truth and proceeded to yell "WHAT WAIT WHAT LONG HAIR != FEMALE!?"

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[IMG]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/ec/Zero_mmx.jpg[/IMG]

I don't see it.

Posted by EvilDeadGamer

Quoting The X: [IMG]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/ec/Zero_mmx.jpg[/IMG]

I don't see it.

well yea, not in that pic, but back on the SNES on MMX 1 you didnt think he was a chick, not even at 1st?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I got into the series pretty late. So I guess I missed a lot of the original art.

Posted by Stalolin

I hadn't seen much of the art, bought the game at a second hand store and the only time I had seen Zero was in the game's sprites. And like I said before, for me, long hair = female.

Posted by U.B.C.S. Nick

Who thought Zero was even more like a girl in MMZ?

Posted by Minesweeper

It's easy enough to make fun of him (booblights, lol), but I never actually mistook him for a girl. =/ I just thought he was wearing a cape. xD As for MMZ, I just thought he looked younger. =/

I'm sure it's mentioned somewhere in the X1 manual that Zero's male. Though to be honest, I started playing the series from X2, they actually refer to him as a him in the game. =) Like, when the X-Hunters contact X informing him they have Zero's parts (*snickers*). Cain says, "X, Zero's control chip is still stored here. I doubt it is possible to resurrect him without it."

Posted by EvilDeadGamer

Yea, but in megaman x the first one, it said nothing about gender..i mean X and Zero both had like what? a few blocks of speech? i think the person with the most lines in MMX1 was Dr. Light...and he's dead, xD

Posted by U.B.C.S. Nick

Yeah but those were only recordings or saved text wern't they? So he doesn't really count...

Posted by EvilDeadGamer

....yea..thats true...

Posted by Shadow

Don't you mean THIS (Can't post the Picture..)Megaman Zero? I think there two different types of Zero.

Do you know the Game Series on GBA/DS? Don't you mean that Zero?

Posted by EvilDeadGamer

no, that megaman Xtreme, im talking about old ghetto Megaman X for the SNES.

Posted by Shadow

How about the Megaman X8 for the Gameboy Color? You know on the first level at the end?

Posted by EvilDeadGamer

hmm...never got to play it

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=Shadow;623012]How about the Megaman X8 for the Gameboy Color? You know on the first level at the end?

There wasn't an X8 for the Gameboy Color. X8 came way after the Color stopped production.

And there are only two X games for the color, Megaman Xtreme and Megaman Xtreme 2, choose one.

Posted by U.B.C.S. Nick

Didn't really like the Xtreme games.

Posted by Stalolin

The Xtreme games were cheap rip-offs of the SNES counterparts. There's not much to like in them.

Posted by U.B.C.S. Nick

Which was your faverote X game then stal?

Posted by Stalolin

X, and then followed by X3. I never owned X2 as a kid, but it's also a great X game. I've played though the PS ones, but I can't enjoy them as much as the SNES games.

Posted by U.B.C.S. Nick

X was a brilliant game, with the secret Hadoken move in it. X and X4 are my faverotes.

Posted by Stalolin

X4 was great too, I do love using all of Zero's special moves. Also, thread's derailing a bit, I know there isn't that much to talk about with Zero not being a girl or anything, but don't let it sidetrack too much.

I try to allow a little bit of off-topic discussion, because I know you guys like to talk about anything and everything.

Posted by U.B.C.S. Nick

Yeah. Zero as a fighter is great, just needs to have a little change of armor. The absolute armor in command mission was awesome, just like a murderous spin off of Bass

Posted by Shadow

Stalolin, Don't you remember the Megaman game, when you were at the streets (on the first level), and at the end, there was a ship, I think that was Zero, I couldn't remember that far. I know it was in Gameboy Color. Could you least all the Megamen games was listed on GBC?

Posted by U.B.C.S. Nick

No, you just discribed the first level of Megaman X. The highway to the park with the fight with Vile and then saved by Zero.

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=Shadow;623113]Stalolin, Don't you remember the Megaman game, when you were at the streets (on the first level), and at the end, there was a ship, I think that was Zero, I couldn't remember that far. I know it was in Gameboy Color. Could you least all the Megamen games was listed on GBC?

Sounds like Megaman Xtreme to me.

Posted by U.B.C.S. Nick

Bugger, sounded like MMX to me...

Posted by Shadow

Okay, than this may help me knowing the right title. Tell me, what do you on the first level? (I know this already, but I just want to make sure which title is it)

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=Shadow;623120]Okay, than this may help me knowing the right title. Tell me, what do you on the first level? (I know this already, but I just want to make sure which title is it)

On the first level of Megaman Xtreme you play through a street and the level ends up where a big purple robot comes out of a giant aircraft.

It's a remake of the first stage in Megaman X.

Posted by U.B.C.S. Nick

Yeah, i remember now

Posted by Zeta

Quoting Stalolin: The Xtreme games were cheap rip-offs of the SNES counterparts. There's not much to like in them.

wtf Xtreme 2 was awesome. :(

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=Zeta;623177]wtf Xtreme 2 was awesome. :(

Only played Xtreme and was like "LOL WHERE ARE THE OTHER 4 BOSSES OH WAIT ISN'T THAT THE BOSS FROM X2 OH *** SPIKE BALL TO FACE"

Posted by WillisGreeny

I favor the originals over Xtreme, but I'm vetro like that. I'm also the same type of weirdo who thinks kicking off walls is cheap (basically, original megaman FTW)

As for the thread topic, Zero totally looked like a girl when I was younger because of the long hair...I mean cape. w/e.

Posted by Linko_16

It's hard to remember, but I think I was unsure whether he was a guy or a girl at first, but soon after verified that he was a guy, and then said "well, guess that's that."

I've heard that he was originally designed as a woman (hense the long hair and boobs lights), but that might've just been a dumb rumor started by some fans who was just guessing.

Posted by Roger Smith

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v421/Roger_Smith0/zero1.jpg[/IMG]

Boobs: Check
Long flowing beautiful golden hair that is reminiscent of a true Goddess: Check
Sexy pose: Check
Entrancing eyes that draw you into a tunnel vision of hotness: Check
Cute mouth: Check

I see no problems here.

Posted by U.B.C.S. Nick

Quoting Roger Smith: [IMG]
Boobs: Check

I see no problems here.

And thats what people said about Raiden, apart from the boobs and more yellowish hair of course....

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Roger Smith: Boobs: Check

You're probably just gay.

Srsly though, yes, we all recognize that he easily could've been a chick in the first game. Even if he wasn't.

Posted by U.B.C.S. Nick

Like he was originally "She" but after getting blown up, he/she got rebuilt as a he...It's plausible...

Posted by Creedence

Quoting Stalolin: Sounds like Megaman Xtreme to me.

Wow, cheap nockoff of X, same first lvl, just crappier graphics, and they named Vile Vava? WTF man.

And that is plausible, he did get his legs blown off before fading away into nothing.

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=MMX&oldies-fan;624225]Wow, cheap nockoff of X, same first lvl, just crappier graphics, and they named Vile Vava? WTF man.

And that is plausible, he did get his legs blown off before fading away into nothing.

Vava is Vile's Japanese name, they just made translation errors.

Posted by Minesweeper

Quoting Stalolin: Vava is Vile's Japanese name, they just made translation errors.

No, I think it has more to do with the fact that "v" and "b" are often swappable in translation from Japanese to English. So, that would make "Vava" alternately translatable as "Baba," which is a little too close to "Boba" considering he already LOOKS like Boba Fett. =)

Anyway, as for Zero, he's a bishounen. Nobody can explain exactly WHY, but consensus sez they're hawt. Zillions of fan-girls can't be wrong. :3

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v89/LovelyConcerto/mhx_zero.jpg[/IMG]
*insert fan-girlish drooling here*

Posted by U.B.C.S. Nick

Bloody fan-girls ruined him, i know what happened; an army of them stormed capcom and made Zero and everyone else in the MMZ games where thongs. They took the team in charge of Megaman games hostage for a week before being lured out with a guy dressed as zero and arrested. Poor bugger, must of hurt in that suit.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Quoting U.B.C.S. Nick: Bloody fan-girls ruined him, i know what happened; an army of them stormed capcom and made Zero and everyone else in the MMZ games where thongs. They took the team in charge of Megaman games hostage for a week before being lured out with a guy dressed as zero and arrested. Poor bugger, must of hurt in that suit.

HAha, great images ;)

Sadly, Fan girls are the only ones that write letters and do surveys, so I can see how that would be the case for why Zero looked the way he did.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Minesweeper: Zillions of fan-girls can't be wrong. :3

Oh, yes they can.

EDIT - Related: Pic I drew and scanned ages ago.

I dunno why I colored X in the way I did, I think I was trying to see what it would look like. In which case I decided, "No, that looks like crap."

Posted by U.B.C.S. Nick

haha, so true.

Posted by iluvgirlswithglasses

Call me sexist, but I never believed there would be any playable female characters in Megaman games (or any of these futuristic fast-paced action platforming games with guns and stuff) when I was younger, so Zero was automatically male.

In fact, the first time I saw Samus' dying animation in Super Metroid I thought "WTF?! UNPOSSIBLE"

Posted by Red

funny thing, today in Science class I was talking to my friend about Old SNES games, I mentioned megaman X and he said he thought Zero was a girl. as for me the first X game I played was 4 so I knew by his voice that he was not a girl.

Posted by Pit

Quoting iluvgirlswithglasses: Call me sexist, but I never believed there would be any playable female characters in Megaman games (or any of these futuristic fast-paced action platforming games with guns and stuff) when I was younger, so Zero was automatically male.

In fact, the first time I saw Samus' dying animation in Super Metroid I thought "WTF?! UNPOSSIBLE"

I never died in Super Metroid.

I never die in games.

Zero is also pretty ****ing manly. I don't see the problem people have with his MMZ animation. I think it looks sleeker and more streamlined. Without all that armor he's probably faster and deadlier.