Anyone able to beat Chrono Trigger early?

Posted by EvilDeadGamer

You know how in the time thing with that old guy you could jump to the day of lavos? did anyone just try that and somehow beat him? i never could, i havent even played that game in along time. i just wanderd if someone else had.

Posted by Zeta

In a New Game +, yes.

Posted by S

I've killed him with Crono one on one plenty of times, but no, I never beat him by going through the bucket one my first play through. New Game + only. Without the Rainbow and Prism gear that early on, I don't think you could stand a chance. And you can't get either of those until the game is pretty much over, so I'm not really sure its possible on first play-through.

Posted by WillisGreeny

maybe if you spend a month leveling up without progressing through the game, maybe... but still probably not :(

It's not something I would do without the Prism gear either.

Posted by KluE

Yea, I did...I was a stubborn little b*stard when I was playin that game, and I didnt quite realize that it was the end of the game when I was doing it... Anyway, when you do beat it that way, if I remember right, you dont actually go inside his shell and fight the inner core, so its a good amount easier then if you wait until the end of the game.

Posted by Angerion the Brave

The hardest win is against him at Ocean Palace when the mammon machine wakes him up.

Posted by MottaTheHutt

I've gotten all of the endings, so yes, I have.

Posted by David M. Awesome

[COLOR=Navy]I did. It was more trouble than it was worth.[/COLOR]

Posted by Fei-on Castor

The earliest point to fight Lavos is actually:

In a New Game +, when you first go to the Millenial Fair, you have to go up to the Telepod area like normal, but then examine the sparkle in the right telepod before talking to anyone. A green gate will open and take you to Lavos.

The toughest thing about using that method is that it's only Crono and Marle. If you talk to Lucca or her dad first, it will only be Crono, and that's just too hard.

Anyway, if you do fight and kill Lavos at that point, you'll enter the secret developer's room and a few other cool things happen.

Posted by Sr. Arrogant Bastard

do you really? i mean the developers room? it seems impossible to me first time you get a chance to reach him.