Which is better Tenchu Z or Ninja Gaiden Sigma?

Posted by EvilDeadGamer

i didnt know what thread to put this under since one game is for the 360 and one is for the ps3, but which do you think is better?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

My opinion's seriously fragmented, since I've only played the Tenchu demo and NGB and NG, but overall I preferred Ninja Gaiden's controls and combat.

Posted by Big Boss

Haha. "Which is better?"

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

You've got to be ****ing kidding me...

Posted by EvilDeadGamer

Quoting Big Boss: Haha. "Which is better?"

lol, i didnt even think about that. thats pretty funny

Posted by muffla

is ay ninja gaiden because my friend bought tenchu and IMO it sucked

Posted by Shade

Ninja Gaiden. What a ridiculous question.

Posted by Colonel

Ninja Gaiden. The AI's in Tenchu are kind of dumb, and the controls in Gaiden are much easier to grasp.

Quoted post: and the controls in Gaiden are much easier to grasp.

Disagreed. The controls are better, but are they in no way easier. Tenchu Z is fairly basic in just about every way from graphics to AI to controls. However, Ninja Gaiden's controls, though fluid and perfect as is, are not only incredibly deep but based on combos much like a fighter. And that is in no way easier than holding the RB button and pressing X.

Posted by KoH

Facts are:

Tenchu Z sucks. Even to the most die hard of fans it's hard to really like it.

Ninja Gaiden? Come the **** on.

Even the most hardcore of 360 fanboys must admit that NG beats the **** out of Tenchu in such a comparison as this.

Quoted post: Even to the most die hard of fans it's hard to really like it.

I really like it. Hell, I've even got all 1000 points on it and spent about 40 hours with it.

Posted by KoH

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;623521]I really like it. Hell, I've even got all 1000 points on it and spent about 40 hours with it.

Yes, well, unless you're a complete mindless idiot like Vampiro who likes repeating the same "stealth" killing techniques repeatedly. jk

In actual seriousness though, doesn't it at all bother you that guards are rendered completely confused and assume you've disappeared into thin air when in fact all you've done to elude them is jump on top of a 10 foot tall building?

I love Tenchu. Trust me on this. I would've liked nothing more than Tenchu rocking the **** out of Ninja Gaiden. But it simply doesn't. It's too ridiculous. The only thing that Tenchu Z has going for it anymore is that it still allows you some form of "free movement" whereas Ninja Gaiden is more linear.

Quoted post: In actual seriousness though, doesn't it at all bother you that guards are rendered completely confused and assume you've disappeared into thin air when in fact all you've done to elude them is jump on top of a 10 foot tall building?

No... I kinda expected that when I picked up a Tenchu game. It's not Metal Gear or Splinter Cell and I didn't expect it to be. It was fun for what it was and I was happy with it. Plus, the stealth kills were varied enough, there was about sixteen and considering in every game you're basically always repeating the same kill more or less 16 stealth kills were more than enough.

Posted by Tiptoegecko

Quoting idk: Ninja Gaiden. What a ridiculous question.

This statement is made of truth and win.

Quoting KoH: Even the most hardcore of 360 fanboys must admit that NG beats the **** out of Tenchu in such a comparison as this.

Yup, and if we wanted to play Sigma, we could pop in NG:Black, it's the same ****ing game except Sigma has prettier graphics and I think you can play as that chick. Pluse 360 is getting NG2, so who cares about Sigma and Tenchu?

Except Sigma is still amazing whether you've played Black and the original or not. And chances are PS3 will get NG2 also.

Posted by Tiptoegecko

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Except Sigma is still amazing whether you've played Black and the original or not. And chances are PS3 will get NG2 also.

That's only a rumor. And Sigma maybe "amazing", but why would I pay $500 + an additional $60 for a game that I own already?

I did lawls. But you wouldn't. That still doesn't make Sigma any less good. As for NG2 going to the PS3 being a rumour, yeah, NG2 doesn't even technically exist yet.

Posted by Tiptoegecko

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: I did lawls. But you wouldn't. That still doesn't make Sigma any less good. As for NG2 going to the PS3 being a rumour, yeah, NG2 doesn't even technically exist yet.

Let's put it this way. It's amazing for those who actually got a PS3. And NG2 was actually announced for Xbox, but it's gonna obviously go 360 now. So when that time rolls around we will see if PS3 will get NG2

No it wasn't. The first time it was even mentioned by Team Ninja was last E3.