A Question of why

Posted by U.B.C.S. Nick

Why...Just why? Let me explain; i played the classic megaman when i was little and i liked the game play. The only thing was Megaman (Or rockman if you're in japan) looked like a blue kid in his underwear. I understand it was because of the 8-bit limitations so thats ok.

Then i played MMX and saw the new MM without the underwear on the outside, so i was happily running along charge shoting enemys. Then i saw Zero who i thought was a girl until i played X3. Green orbs & underwear plus long yellow hair. After a while i liked playing as Zero with his Saber so i just forgot about it, going back to cutting enemys in half.

Then MMZ...I thought "Cool, Zero as the main character and without the orbs" then i saw the rest of the artwork...Most of the characters are in thongs which kind of made me laugh...Is it a service to fangirls? I liked the new weapons in it though.

I like Megaman games like i do metroid ones, they never change the recipe, (unless its a spin off) they only tweak it to make it a little better each time.

Posted by Shadow

So what's your question?

Posted by U.B.C.S. Nick

That was the question, why did they make Zero (MMX) and the cast of MMZ wear that sort of armour?

Posted by Shadow

What do you want me to tell you? It's how it's designed. Look at WWE, they are wearing Underwears too, but the question is, how would you design the between part of the lower and upper part?

Posted by EvilDeadGamer

with a belt

Posted by U.B.C.S. Nick

I wanted peoples opinion about it to spark a convosation...And ughh

Posted by EvilDeadGamer

i havent played MMZ yet, but ive seen screens...and they royaly screwed zero up bad.

Posted by U.B.C.S. Nick

Must...Clear...Mental...Image....

Posted by Shadow

I mean seriously, why care for the design, when the Gameplay/Game is totally great. I mean what if the graphics were good, and game was great, but the design of the character are bad. It's not like, the design makes the game more fun..

Posted by U.B.C.S. Nick

Ok...If tingle from LOZ star'd in his own game where the gameplay and plot were amazing, would you still like to play as him? I just think the design of the characters are importent.

Posted by Stalolin

I'm uncertain if it's true or not, but they person they hired to do the MMZ artwork used to draw lolicon (wiki it, I'm not going much further), hence why the artwork style is very different. Apparently Inafune wanted a change from his normal Megaman artwork.

Posted by WillisGreeny

That metal underwear design can be traced back to AstroBoy (very old cartoon about a robotic boy who fights other robots...hmm, sound familiar?). Everything from the waist down looks like Megaman, in black and white. Inafune has made it no secret, that he used anime and old cartoons as sample material to create Megaman. So, it's the creators of AstroBoy whose at fault for coming up with the metal underwear design.

Posted by Red

I actually noticed that every character had a thong but then thinking about it, it looks kinda of plain with just legs.

It'd be un proportionate for Megaman to have bulging upper body armour, and then nothing for the lower half, it would make him look too beefy and that's not the type of character Megaman is I guess.

think of Slash Beast for Example... I'm only basing this off memory but his Chest seemed to bulge out, now if Megaman looked like that, well it wouldn't seem right that's all.

Posted by U.B.C.S. Nick

Quoting Red: I actually noticed that every character had a thong but then thinking about it, it looks kinda of plain with just legs.

It'd be un proportionate for Megaman to have bulging upper body armour, and then nothing for the lower half, it would make him look too beefy and that's not the type of character Megaman is I guess.

think of Slash Beast for Example... I'm only basing this off memory but his Chest seemed to bulge out, now if Megaman looked like that, well it wouldn't seem right that's all.

True, but it didn't have to be a thong, it could have been what they had before you know? Coloured pant like whatevers. The really sad thing about this is im a big Harpuia fan...At least he looked better in ZX

Posted by Linko_16

The thong doesn't bother me too much. I mean, if I had the power to go back in time and tell them "dude, just give the guy some shorts," I probably would, but ruin his look for me.

I guess if you don't have any privates, it doesn't matter what you wear over your nether regions. :bonk:

Posted by U.B.C.S. Nick

Oh really?

Not created by me but i think it still works...And no, i don't think he is gay.
I still think he needs the green shorts...

Posted by Red

well all this talk about Zero having a thong makes me want to change my avatar.

also who was that comic made by, are the spelling errors on purpose?

Posted by Zeta

I really like the MMZ character designs, especially the bosses.

Posted by Roger Smith

Makes me happy knowing I have the Complete Works.

Posted by U.B.C.S. Nick

It was made by some person on DA

Posted by Red

Quoting Zeta: I really like the MMZ character designs, especially the bosses.

ever since I first got that game, I loved the artwork, I loved the Boxart for the first Zero game, I loved how you could kinda see it was scribbly and stuff...I dunno something about it was awsome.

also everyone has perfectly round heads :D

Posted by U.B.C.S. Nick

The artwork was cool...There all smart so they're egg heads =D

Posted by Colonel

Hey Red, you don't have permission to put Prince Ash!taka as your DP. Gotta ask me first. :cookie:

Posted by Red

how bout I pound you, and then you can re-think what you just said!

... ... ...I'm very bad at talking macho.

That reminds me, the Zero series also had "... ... ..." whenever there was a silence. I always liked that it's better than just "..."

Posted by U.B.C.S. Nick

Yeah but it doesn't seem that long a silence if you just put "..."