MP3: Corruption

Posted by Ant

After reading through the Hands-On play at IGN. I have no doubts this game is going to be amazing. Thank ***, they got the control scheme correct. You're still able to lock-on; which some may call lazy, but that's optional, of course. The shooting seems to be in a speedy fashion, which I was slightly worried about. And then the whole idea of using the left nun-chuck for the left hand seemed to work out perfectly for the grapple gun, computer controls, and opening doors.

Graphical speaking it's probably going to be the best looking game to come out on Wii for some time. It runs in 480p(probably not impressive to those of you who have the 1080p TVs), and has an almost constant 60fps. But the whole atmosphere of this and the two areas that have been explored this far are reminiscent of that of Prime one; in that it's not quite as dark and purpely.

So with promises of it revolutionizing the FPS controls on consoles, what are your thoughts thus far?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

The Hunters from the DS game are in it. That, for me, is pretty badass. :cool:

Posted by Ant

They are? I haven't heard anything about that at all. What kind of role do they play? ******* enemies, or do they actually help Samus out?

Oh, and crazy thought just now. How jawsome would it be to have it be as an extra to play through as Zero Suit Samus? Faptacular, to say the least.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

i'd came for sure

What's with another black suit? It had better serve a **** good purpose.

Posted by Ant

Isn't that Dark Samus. I presume that's the one spreading some **** around the galaxy "corrupting" it so to speak.

Posted by U.B.C.S. Nick

Do you mean the new suit samus was wearing X? That looked surprisingly differant to the other suits, well...The back did anyway.

I'm about to get MP Hunters but from what i read, i thought the other hunters died.

Posted by crelda

There were two different endings too it in the better one they escaped but it was not obvious (there ships all left and flew away while in the other they did not). I haven't heard anything about the old hunters being in it though. Only new bounty hunters who help at the begging but dark Samus infects them all with you.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=U.B.C.S. Nick;622133]Do you mean the new suit samus was wearing X? That looked surprisingly differant to the other suits, well...The back did anyway.

I'm about to get MP Hunters but from what i read, i thought the other hunters died.
[IMG]http://www.destructoid.com/elephant//ul/34960-MP3_E3_2007_03.jpg[/IMG]

i like it

Posted by U.B.C.S. Nick

Wow......I can't say nothing else about it except wow...and beautiful

Posted by Zeta

Why I am so Galactic Federation trooper?

Also *** ****ing ****it I need a Wii NAOW! :(

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: They are? I haven't heard anything about that at all. What kind of role do they play? ******* enemies, or do they actually help Samus out?

Last year's E3 demo. Except they aren't the hunters from the DS game, it's a completely different guy who MIGHT be the same race. Though he does help you out. Whether he's still in the game or not, who knows.

Anywho, the developer walkthrough looks pretty badass. The controls still don't seem to be where I'd like them, but whatever, it's Metroid and it comes out in a month. Plus, Hyper mod looks sweet.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

October for me.

**** YOU EUROPE

Posted by Drewboy64

In the IGN video that shows the beginning sequence with Dark Samus and the error screen, it says "The shape has taken itself" or something in German, and it says "You die" in French, as well as BIOS 3.0 Wii Format.

Oh, and this game will be the best controlling FPS ever made, I know it.

Doubt it.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

lol keyboard and mouse.

Posted by Ant

yeah, you have to be careful with your words and say "best FPS ON CONSOLES"

Doubt that too.

Posted by Ant

WE SHALL SEE VAMPIRE! Idk, I think I'll really like it. :(

Oh, I know I'll like it. But I can almost guarantee I'll like a game-pad's control scheme better. Chances are I'll just like how a game like CoD2 controls better. I'm really not a fan of dragging a screen around, personally =/

Posted by Ant

The advanced option they put in there seems like it'll pull the screen very quickly. It's for us pros lawl.

Yeah, I didn't see it in use this year, so who knows. But still, at times it actually looked a bit too loose. I know it's based on my movements, but that might not be a good thing. I'm thinking I'll like a game like CoD2 better because it's loose enough that I can do amazingly well at it and get the reticule on everyone I see, but tight enough that I can hit anything very accurately. I guess I'll see in August.

Posted by U.B.C.S. Nick

Do you think the new Wii light gun is going to be used on MP3?

Posted by Ant

no. the nunchuck is used for movement so it can't be kept still in the case.

Posted by U.B.C.S. Nick

Yeah, good point...It could of had buttons for that on the side of the gun, but i guess that would be complicated and hard for the player.

Even if it had buttons it would still kinda suck, because being able to do the actions of opening a lock seems pretty **** cool.

Posted by Ant

The way you change visors seems pretty hardcore in itself. Hold down the - button(or switch it over to + if you so choose) and then gesture the remote whichever direction you want your desired visor.

Posted by Dexter

I imagine the controls are going to feel great and play easy. Call of Duty 3's controls played well on the Wii. I probably won't even notice them after I get used to it.

Posted by Speedfreak

Check out the new intro music. This game oozes epic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNqjL_Y1bO0

Posted by Ant

Yeah, I really liked MP2's as well. But I like in this one how it kinda looks likes faces P_0

Posted by U.B.C.S. Nick

I'm glad the screw attack is in MP3 as well, i loved it in the second one.

Kenji Yamamoto makes some of the best video game music, and this sounds just as good as the other games. Awesome.