The Sims 2 on Vista

Posted by Moogs

Alright, I am a big fan of The Sims 2 and love playing the game on my PC. I never really got into any of the expansion packs. A few days ago I said, heck I'll get some expansion packs. So I buy Nightlife, Open for Business, and University. Well I install Open for Business first. Installs fine no problem. Then I come to University, and it gets to 66% and it freezes. No program on my computer will open, I eject the disk, and it an error messages pops up saying it has problems transferring a certain file. I think, hmm, disk must be damaged. I take it out and it's clean, no fingerprints, scratches, smudges. I go to my girlfriends computer(running XP) and it installs fine with no problems. So I think, hmm this is odd, The Sims 2 official site says that the sims 2 is fully compatible with Vista and my pc specs. I've already tried manually installing it. Do any of you have any ideas?

P.S. Game runs fine with Open for Business, and Nightlife didn't install either.

Posted by creamqueen

did you ever come up with an answer to your question about downloading on vista? i would really like to get the aswer to that because i have thwe same problem.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Nightfall works just fine on my computer, same with Sims 2. It might not be vista.