MGS4: New trailer

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[URL]http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/12866[/URL]

I ****ED MYSELF.

Posted by U.B.C.S. Nick

Oh my ***...I have to have it, thats now top of my list of PS3 games.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

If it doesn't get a 360 port, this is the one game that would swing a PS3 for me.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Awsome fight man, good find.

Posted by Ant

Raiden vs Vamp was pretty awesome. But they make Snake to be quite a ***** in this one. Kinda Disappointing.

Posted by Big Boss

Quoting The X: I ****ED MYSELF.

We share the same lack of bladder control.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Maybe you will be the one to kill me.

or something. I was too busy ****ing.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Better video: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/21582.html

But yeah, that trailer was ****ing amazing. One of the coolest fight scenes I've seen in a very long time.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

What happened to Vamp in MGS2 again? Did he teleport away or some ****? I just remember that it was almost impossible to harm him.

Quoted post: What happened to Vamp in MGS2 again? Did he teleport away or some ****? I just remember that it was almost impossible to harm him.

That's why Vamp is in MGS4. It's going to explain how he survived and got away, as you were lead to believe Raiden killed him, except he appears in New York at the end of the game.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Well, I'd rather he returned than Fortune. *** I hated her.

Yeah, I liked Vamp so I'm glad to see they're explaining what happened to him. Plus, it was worth bringing him back just for that trailer. ***, so much awesome brutality.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Didn't Raiden get stabbed right through the stomach? How did he survive that?

also, loved the repeated neck stabbing

Raiden stabbed himself after getting stabbed in the chest a few times, stabbed in the foot and then danced on. I'm guessing it's nano technology combined with his suit. Plus, the blade was glowing hot, so not like he'd bleed out.

Posted by PSTRIPLELOVA

this i will be a proud owna of da triple

great gamez like this

Posted by Zeta

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/Kvar/meryl.jpg[/IMG]

UH-OH

Posted by Al Borland

The trailer looked great up until the fight scene, that's where it all went to hell. Was that supposed to look good? I know for MGS junkies it must've been heaven, but for me a CGI video would've produced MUCH better results. It dragged on way too much, and the footage came off really choppy and un-polished. Maybe it's just me, because now I tend to compare everything to Gears, which is a bad habit apparently because that was garbage.

Posted by Klarth

2008!

No, wait, 2007!!!

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Meryl kinda looks like she's made out of plastic now.

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/Jamie425/1184231671247.jpg[/IMG]

Posted by Fate

The '06 Meryl was probably prerendered. If I remember correctly, the first trailer wasn't actual gameplay or in-engine.

Quoting Al Borland: The trailer looked great up until the fight scene, that's where it all went to hell. Was that supposed to look good? I know for MGS junkies it must've been heaven, but for me a CGI video would've produced MUCH better results. It dragged on way too much, and the footage came off really choppy and un-polished. Maybe it's just me, because now I tend to compare everything to Gears, which is a bad habit apparently because that was garbage.

This just in: CGI is pretty, but if it was used for the showing a lot of fanboys would say "*** CGI on the PS3 again what else is new" or something like that. CGI is a no-no in MGS anyways. Kojima doesn't like it. You also have to remember this game is slated to come out for at least another six months. I'm sure it'll look better by then.

Also, if you're comparing it to Gears, where the creators of the Unreal Engine can utilize the full potential of it, how can Gears be garbage?

Edit: The second video Vamp posted was better. The level of speed they are trying to produce in the scene is too fast and probably can't be fixed unless the characters are downgraded as far as I know. It's like when you see buildings in a racing game.

I think Meryl looks way better. A lot less like her old self, but better. Especially in motion anyways.

Also, how the hell did that fight scene not look good? What the hell.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I'd take Meryl's safety off.

If you know what I mean.

yeah, by better i meant more hawt =3

But seriously, Gears is ****. Hell, CoD4 already looks better than it does. I'd take MGS4 over another Gears any day of the week.

Posted by Fate

Gears did more with environment than it did with characters, but that's not to say the characters looked bad.

The characters looked bad. Up close anyways. And even then the environment just looked pretty. Nothing was going on with it, it was completely dead and static. Hell, there wasn't even garbage floating around in the levels. Though, the rain did looks **** nice.

Either way, it can look as nice as it wants and MGS can look as bad as it wants, MGS4 will still play better and be a more enjoyable experience in the end.

Posted by Bebop

I couldnt take this trailer seriously at all. Still waiting for gameplay footage.

Posted by Fate

You didn't watch the conference, did you? Of course not, because then you wouldn't be asking that question.

Posted by Bebop

No. I didnt want to put myself though more agony of another Sony e3 conference. I simply went to Gamespot and viewed the latest trailer. Sorry for not having the patience to deal with Phil's awful voice.

Quoted post: I couldnt take this trailer seriously at all.

It's Metal Gear. Not exactly the most serious series out there.

Posted by Fate

You know, Bebop, you can't go around asking for stuff you don't care about. It's kind of dumb to say what you said as if it wasn't addressed in the conference it was shown at.

Posted by Bebop

What the hell are you talking about your crazy woman? I do care about Metal Gear 4. I care about the series but fortunately Ive come to my senses enough to not care about it as much as every other sucker. Up till it went to 360 it was the only reason I had to be interested in a PS3 whatsoever.

Im curious why Snake is one foot in the grave while the other characters, namely Meryl, havent aged a day.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Bebop;623877]What the hell are you talking about your crazy woman? I do care about Metal Gear 4. I care about the series but fortunately Ive come to my senses enough to not care about it as much as every other sucker. Up till it went to 360 it was the only reason I had to be interested in a PS3 whatsoever.

Im curious why Snake is one foot in the grave while the other characters, namely Meryl, havent aged a day.

It isn't coming to the 360 yet.

And I'm pretty sure Kojima already said it's because he's a clone. Going by modern science, clones age rapidly. Dolly the Sheep?

Posted by Bebop

Why do clones age faster? I dont recall hearing Dolly aging faster.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Wikipedia]In 1999 research was published in the journal Nature suggesting that Dolly may have been susceptible to [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Premature_aging"]premature aging[/URL], due to shortened [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telomere"]telomeres[/URL] in her cells.[URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dolly_the_sheep#_note-4"][5][/URL] It was speculated that these were passed on from her donor sibling, who was six years old when the genetic material was taken from her, so that Dolly may have been genetically six years old at birth. This is because telomere length is reduced after each [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cell_division"]cell division[/URL], which requires [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DNA_replication"]DNA replication[/URL] before [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitosis"]mitosis[/URL] occurs. The [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polymerase"]polymerase[/URL], part of the replication machinery, cannot reach the end of the [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chromosome"]chromosome[/URL] being replicated and clips a little of the telomere at the end off every time replication occurs. Possible signs of her condition were reported in January 2002, when Dolly was five years old. She had developed a potentially debilitating form of [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthritis"]arthritis[/URL] at an unusually early age. This supported the theory of premature [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Senescence"]senescence[/URL], although Dr. Dai Grove-White of the Faculty of Veterinary Science at [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liverpool_University"]Liverpool University[/URL] was reported as saying, "Conceivably arthritis could be due to the cloning but equally it could not be. For all we know, she may have damaged her leg jumping over a gate and developed arthritis."

tl;dr: She developed arthritis and died well before the average sheep did. And since Dolly is the only clone ever created (to my knowledge), I'm guessing Kojima accepted this rule for all clones created using current technology.

Posted by Bebop

O I C. Interesting. Makes sense now. Shockingly, its the only thing in the entire series that makes sense OMG LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Posted by Fate

And you say you care about MGS4. You're an idiot because you asked why there wasn't gameplay shown when KOJIMA SAID IN THE CONFERENCE that it was because of time that the team couldn't throw stuff together. You ask like you genuinely care even though it was addressed in the ****ing conference itself. Moron.

About his aging, not only does he have a nanovirus in him, he is also a clone. His rapid aging has been addressed ages ago.

Posted by Zeta

Doesn't matter if they showed actual gameplay footage or not. No one gives a **** about the 2 hours of gameplay the game will have, just the 30 hours of cutscenes.

Posted by Fate

You're the guy who runs and shoots, right? :cookie:

Posted by Zeta

Nah, I stealthed through MGS like you're supposed to. What would a reckless play style have to do with the gameplay:cutscene ratio anyways?

Posted by maian

Because you get through it much quicker and more uh, generically. I played through Twin Snakes on very easy being guided by a friend. I really wanna experience it for real.

Anyway, European Extreme MGS3 will turn you into a believer.

..Man, that was awesome. :(

Posted by Ant

If you don't like the story of MGS and think it's the most amazing video game story ever told you are a moron who probably plays the game ALL wrong.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

hey guys did u see snake jump on a missile lol

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Fate: And you say you care about MGS4. You're an idiot because you asked why there wasn't gameplay shown when KOJIMA SAID IN THE CONFERENCE that it was because of time that the team couldn't throw stuff together. You ask like you genuinely care even though it was addressed in the ****ing conference itself. Moron.

About his aging, not only does he have a nanovirus in him, he is also a clone. His rapid aging has been addressed ages ago.

I didnt watch the conference simply because I hadnt gotten round to it yet you absolute mentalist. I really hope your contact with children is minimal.

Posted by Fate

Quoting Ant: If you don't like the story of MGS and think it's the most amazing video game story ever told you are a moron who probably plays the game ALL wrong.

Cute. But if you were just a tad less defensive you could see that I was implying that those who run and shoot get through the game faster and get "interrupted" by cutscenes too quickly. It's supposed to take a frickin' hour to do something for six minutes of scene.

Bebop, you can't ask questions about specifics. You said you can't take the trailer seriously because there was no gameplay footage. Since you don't care about the series enough to actually watch what was shown, you can't possibly care enough to ask questions about it because of the simple fact that you are not interested. Does that make sense? I hope so, because I'm getting the smack-forehead feeling everyone else does when they argue with you.

Posted by Bebop

I didnt say I didnt take the trailer seriously because there was no gameplay footage. Idiot. Learn to read. I couldnt take it seriously because of that *** awful dance scene at the end between Raiden and Vamp. I stopped reading your post when you made it painfully clear how foolish you are.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Dance scene? wtf, ain't no nigga ever stomped on my neck down in the dancefloor, G.

Posted by Bebop

I hate that 'crouching tiger' fighting bollocks. Although a few moves were cool I didnt expect them to do ballet on each other let alone bum each other.

Posted by Fate

Quoting Bebop: I couldnt take this trailer seriously at all. Still waiting for gameplay footage.

No, that is what you said. Easy to take this as seeing you couldn't take it seriously because there was no gameplay footage. End of post, fag.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I'd actually say Bebop's post was two separate statements.

Posted by Fate

Even if it was, he definitely didn't say it was because of the "dance" thing.

Posted by Bebop

I'm sorry you had trouble breaking down the statement Fate but its your fault you misinterpreted at the end of the day. There was no link with the 2 sentence being related the first. You just jumped to conclusions. Believe me I'm not going to lose any sleep over your reading difficulties.

I am still waiting for Gamespot to upload Gameplay videos. All they have are the trailers.

Posted by Bebop

After my inital post Fate of saying I didnt take it seriously you critized me for not watching the whole conference because it showed gameplay footage. I then, in response, said I hadnt seen the gameplay footage because A> its not uploaded to sites yet and B> I didnt want to sit through a conference. I proved to you then and there I hadnt seen Gameplay footage let alone know it had existed. Now a few posts later, despite me telling you and proving to you lack of gameplay footage was in no way related to how much i enjoyed the trailer, you come out with all this crap and say it was my fault you still didnt understand my orignal post. How retarded are you?

Quoted post: And you say you care about MGS4.

Twenty posts later: Yeah, I lol'd. That whole clone/age thing was actually a fairly big part of the storyline =/

Quoted post:
No one gives a **** about the 2 hours of gameplay the game will have, just the 30 hours of cutscenes.

I care about the 2 hours of gameplay :(

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I love MGS gameplay. The VR missions are often the highlights of the game.

Posted by Bebop

Its gay *** Twin Snakes remake didnt get any VR missions :c

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Twenty posts later: Yeah, I lol'd. That whole clone/age thing was actually a fairly big part of the storyline =/

*care enough to play the games, not care enough to have the script tattooed onto the back of my skull while beating off over a Solid Snake poster :-/

Posted by Fate

No, no, see, his rapid-aging self is as part of him and the story like Vamp is a vampire who seeks death. It's just there. You had to skip just about everything to miss it, which means you're playing the wrong type of game. You should probably just avoid Metal Gear.

Posted by Bebop

Oh forgot about that one detail where clones age faster. Again I'm sorry for not caring enough about this series to remember every single minute detail about the ridiculous lengthy story line. Next time Ill take part in cosplay and play through each installment a dozen times ,reading each line from heart, just to meet you approval about whether or not I can enjoy 4 hours of stealth gameplay. Perhaps you have a collection of fan fiction you could forward to me or some yaoi fan paintings of Solid with Liquid? Better yet you could quite your *****ing and just accept Im a casual fan of the series who just sits and plays the game who doesnt lose sleep at night anticipating the next installment of this soon to be dead game franchise.

Or, you know, you could play the game once and have a decent memory. Not that difficult.

Posted by Bebop

Coming from a guy who more than once forgot what he posted a day previously you're in no position to tell me I should remember every detail in a complex story told in a game I played years ago lol wut?

I have a very good memory. Unfortunately for you remembering a story that somewhat entertained me word for word 8 years down the line doesn't constitute as having a bad memory. It simply means I didnt care enough to remember enough. I'm pretty sure that's exactly how Ive worded my stance on this ridiculous argument. I don't know what your taking it to offense that I don't rate the series as much as you do. Do you lose sleep over this? Move on. **** off.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Quoting Bebop: Oh forgot about that one detail where clones age faster. Again I'm sorry for not caring enough about this series to remember every single minute detail about the ridiculous lengthy story line.

Maybe if you hadn't insulted Snake's aged appearence in the movie clip prior to doing any research, or had just said, "I didn't like it", no one would be arguing with you. Assuming you like to bash befor learning the facts, (limited experience knowing you, just a guess) saying sorry for not caring enough about the story line and claiming to be a MGS fan seems highly counter intuitive. I would expect a more respectful post from a fan for Metal Gear Solid to have been "Why does Snake look older than everyone else?" without the sarcasim. It gives the game designers the benafit of the doubt as to why they did it, instead of assuming they are just morons compared to yourself, not to have seen such an obvious flaw.

That being said, I do agree about the dancing parts of the fight being a little silly. I'll give you that Bebop.

Posted by Bebop

Insulted him by asking why he was wrinkly but other characters arent? What? Are you crazy or just really stupid? You may not know this but its easier to ask a question and wait for people to give you an answer on a message board than read though dozens of articles on whatever the possible explanation could be. Especially if the matter isnt that urgent to you. Process that.

Also Im sorry Solid Snake. I didnt mean to hurt your feelings.

Also as I said Im a casual fan of MGS. Meaning I like it but not as much as others. Kind of like Star Wars. I like Star Wars but Im certainly not going to get in a hissy fit when someone forgot one minor details. No re-read that but replace Star Wars with MGS. Honestly.

It didnt think it was possible but with each word you type you stretch the boundries of human intellect further and further apart.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Considering the source of someone who takes what he reads on a forum more truthful and quicker than a google/wiki search, as the judge of my inteligence

Has anyone ever informed you that consistently using insults of inteligence make you look like a jacka[Color=white]ss[/color]? Or has that just never been posted here on VGC?

by the way, ad hominem isn't a very hard concept to master, learn some others. :rolleyes:

Posted by Bebop

The X answered my question with a source. I take that as reliable quite frankly. Quite your whining.

Ill stop insulting peoples lack of intelligence when they start using some.

I just noticed your age. That cant be accurate. Either you lied to become a member or someone has hacked your profile.

Posted by WillisGreeny

O I C what you did there... funny how you seem to notice things after everyone else :D

I don't know about you, but I'm done in this thread. Continue troll baiting someone else.

Posted by Bebop

Increasing my knowledge on members ages on this forum isnt a priority of mine. It caught my eye as I went to facepalm from reading your post.

Quoted post: Coming from a guy who more than once forgot what he posted a day previously you're in no position to tell me I should remember every detail in a complex story told in a game I played years ago lol wut?

Remembering what I said at VGC isn't really a high priority of mine. Though I do have trouble forgetting a storyline I'm generally interested in from a game I sunk more than a few hours into. lol

Posted by Bebop

Just like remembering 100% of the plot of a game I played years ago isn't a priority of mine. I remember the just of what happened in the games and for any casual fan of anything thats more than enough.

Posted by Fate

Him being a rapid-aging clone is just there. It's not hidden deeply like Mei Ling's Codec in MGS2. You don't have to remember the entire ****ing plot, just knowing who you're playing as if you're going to skip everything.

"Hi, I'm Solid Snake. I'm a rapid-aging orphan clone with clone brothers who hate me. I was made to fight and that's all I do. I have a virus in me that could kill me any second now. I smoke, etc."

Posted by Bebop

I forgot as a whole clones age faster, not just in the MGS context. That is all. Please stop crying.

Can love bloom on the battlefield?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Fate and Bebop remind me of Sniper Wolf and Otacon. :)<3

Posted by Fate

Except Bebop isn't smart. :cookie:

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

... And you're not attractive.

ZING OH SNAP OH SNAAAAAAAAAAAP

Posted by maian

I didn't think this was important enough to make a thread. :( But, any people watching MGS4, check it out.

EVA. :X She's supposed to be, uh, 78, but that's interesting. She must provide huge backstory.

Posted by Fate

I've seen that photo. She's pretty hot for someone so friggin' old.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Fate;633367][COLOR=skyblue]I've seen that photo. She's pretty hot for someone so friggin' old.[/COLOR]
EW, NO

She's terrifying. I'm trying to overwrite her face with MGS3 Eva.

she's got a pretty good body for someone in their late seventies. CAN'T DENY THAT

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

... you sicken me

Posted by Fate

The old ladies I've seen are nowhere near what this one is. I bet she can still kick some ***, too.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Would not have sex with. Even if she can't have babies anymore. :(

Posted by Fate

If you were old... Ah, forget it, you would anyways. :mad:

Posted by maian

lol she's still packing her Mauser

I'll bet she's a pretty important character. I'm guessing she'll have a lot to do with Les Enfantes Terribles.

and not hot sry :(

Ignore the face. I'm talking about the body. Even her boobs still have some lift to them.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Vamp, stop trying to cover up your homosexuality. :(

it's not as easy as you'd think

Posted by Speedfreak

...aren't those lumps in the side of her trousers her boobs? Because I don't see anything up top.

you have terrible eyesight then. cleavage get

Posted by Speedfreak

Eyesight? You're the one who thinks she looks hot, dumbass.

Posted by Fate

...for an old lady. Don't forget that.

Yeah, that's the main part. And I said ignore the face. And I never said she was hot. lawls

Posted by TendoAddict

Better then a normal person in their 70's fo sho. Still woundt bone her without a good deal of booze in me.

As for the body, she's mostly coverd up. Just because she has a wonder bra to hold up those sags doesnt mean the rest comes with it.

Except it's MGS. So you know she's pretty awwight under those clothes.

Posted by corbinoiscool

WHEN IS IT FINALLY GOING TO COME OUT!!!???

Posted by corbinoiscool

HAHA kojima's actually making johnny a real character in this one... i wonder why hes the only person without nanomachines?

For comic relief. Or maybe because he's an electronics expert in this game, idk.

Posted by iluvgirlswithglasses

Quoting corbinoiscool: HAHA kojima's actually making johnny a real character in this one... i wonder why hes the only person without nanomachines?

I think a better question would be how the hell did he survive at all. People like Solidus or Fortune get their sh[COLOR="White"]i[/COLOR]t killed but Johnny Sasaki survives, haha oh wow.

But I'm glad he's still there D:

Johnny's a bumbling pussy, you'd be surprised at how long people like that last. Chances are you won't get killed if you run away from a dude with a knife.

Posted by iluvgirlswithglasses

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Johnny's a bumbling pussy, you'd be surprised at how long people like that last. Chances are you won't get killed if you run away from a dude with a knife.

Some guy chases after him with a machine gun while he was in the middle of a sh[COLOR="White"]i[/COLOR]t, and he survives.

Dude should be the main character.

I'd buy that game.

Posted by username0

hell yeah top of my list dawg.