Order of the Phoenix

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I'm going to see it tomorrow at 10am, apparently, since it was the only available booking until next Thursday. It had better be ****ing good.

Anyone seen it yet?

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Going tomorrow I think. I personally don't expect much, but whatever.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I heard the Voldemort/Dumbledore duel is brilliant, but apart from that, haven't seen anything.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Quoting The X: I heard the Voldemort/Dumbledore duel is brilliant, but apart from that, haven't seen anything.

Yeah, saw it lastnight as I said elsewhere. It was pretty cool, but I wish it was a lil longer. I find it interesting that one of the longest books in Harry Potter has gotten the shortest movie. Acting has gotten better (not that it had anywhere else to go but up) and the special effects are also getting better (spells are more flashy).

But I must say the best scene had to be the voldemort/dumbledore duel, it was pretty cool.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Going to see this in a couple of hours. I've really enjoyed all four previous movies, so I expect to enjoy this one, as well.

Posted by U.B.C.S. Nick

I'm going to have to wait a few weeks before i can see it...But i can wait, i saw the last movies usually around a month after they were released anyway.

Quoted post: I find it interesting that one of the longest books in Harry Potter has gotten the shortest movie.

The book was too long and a lot of it was just boring conversations that wouldn't play out well in a movie, so there was more than enough useless scenes to cut out.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

OoTP is probably my least favourite book in the series anyway. All I remember is the secret army and the climax in the Ministry. Everything else is pretty much a blur of Harry screaming 'BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWW'.

Posted by Shade

Just got back from it. I thought it was great, best parts were definitely the dueling scenes at the end, especially Harry and Sirius fighting side by side, really looked pretty **** cool.

Best moments were when everyone in the theatre boo'd and cheered whenever something bad or good happened with Umbridge.

Posted by xapplexpiex

i just saw it. it was the best of the movies so far and it was pretty loyal to the book.

Posted by Shade

Not really, there were a lot of minor errors. Nothing to major, though. Which made me happy.

The dementors looked a lot different than in the third movie, though. Inconsistency? Yes.

Posted by WillisGreeny

The person I went to the movie with who's read all the books told me lots of the parts were rearranged and shortened. But if a lot of the dialouge was pointless like Vampiro said, then I'm glad they did it.

Posted by Apathetic

Different, but good.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Seen it a couple of hours ago. Dang, it was pretty tight. Compared to Goblet of Fire, events were condensed really well, and wizard duels were pretty bad[COLOR=Silver]as[/COLOR]s. Nice mix of grimm and humour. No real complaints, apart from Cho Chang's ****ing embarassing accent. The actress lives two towns away from me. oh the humiliation :(

Posted by Shade

Haha, it wasn't so bad. But hey, I don't live there, what do I know. I thought Luna's voice was the worst. It suited her character perfectly, but after a while it just gave me a headache.

Quoted post: The dementors looked a lot different than in the third movie, though. Inconsistency? Yes.

Good different or bad different? because they look pretty cool in the third movie.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;622228]Good different or bad different? because they look pretty cool in the third movie.

They don't wear hoods. They're decomposing skull-heads. They still have robes though.

Posted by Shade

And by robes, he means tattered bits of black cloth. They look kind of like zombie Voldemorts.

ugh, lame. They were so cool looking before :(

Posted by WillisGreeny

Quoting The X: No real complaints, apart from Cho Chang's ****ing embarassing accent. The actress lives two towns away from me. oh the humiliation :(

Is her accent in the movie real? I couldn't tell.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

The start of the film where Harry and Dudley are getting ****ed up by Dementors is pretty grim for what's being marketed as a kid's film. Probably up there with the final battle in terms of awesome.

[quote=WillisGreeny;622285]Is her accent in the movie real? I couldn't tell.

It's her own accent, which sounds exactly the same as most of the people in this area. But because of the people I've been around in my life, I don't really have it.

Duelling scenes were pretty neat. Dementors aren't nearly as cool looking as before. There's a lot more comedy in this one. Also, I missed seeing the regular characters having more screen time. It's just all about Harry now. :mad: Still, excellent movie.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Hagrid appears in two scenes, lol.

But at least we get to see the flashback to young Severus.

I know. Makes me sad. :(

Also, from what I've seen neville has grown up WAY too much. He needs to be fatter and more stupid looking, like his old self.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;622344]Also, from what I've seen neville has grown up WAY too much. He needs to be fatter and more stupid looking, like his old self.
Nah, he's still as incompetent as ever. He has a pretty cool line in the Ministry though, that I'm sure wasn't in the book.

He's still silly looking, but he's not fat. Insanely tall, though.

He needs his fat back.

Posted by Shade

Yeah, I bol'd when Harry was instructing Neville and Neville absolutely dwarfs him.

Quoting The X: Hagrid appears in two scenes, lol.

But at least we get to see the flashback to young Severus.

Anyone else catch that it was the same actor playing Harry's dad as Cedric Diggory?

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: He needs his fat back.

Concurred.

Quoting The X: Nah, he's still as incompetent as ever. He has a pretty cool line in the Ministry though, that I'm sure wasn't in the book.

Which line? I haven't read the book.

Also, Harry's ending line is incredibly lame.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

It's not like he's in it much. Neville's only in the DA scenes and at the FINAL BATTLE.

The rest of the scenes are just Harry being angry about something or wanting to bone Cho Chang.

[quote=Angelwing;622364]Which line? I haven't read the book.

Also, Harry's ending line is incredibly lame.

LeStrange: 'Oh Neville, how are your mum and dad doing?'
Neviile: 'A LOT BETTER NOW THAT THEY'RE GOING TO BE AVENGED!'

Sounds so terribly unlike him. I lol'd.

Posted by Shade

I can't believe Harry held him back. Should've let him rape that *****.

Quoting The X:
LeStrange: 'Oh Neville, how are your mum and dad doing?'
Neviile: 'A LOT BETTER NOW THAT THEY'RE GOING TO BE AVENGED!'

Sounds so terribly unlike him. I lol'd.

Haha, oh yeah. IS HE DEVELOPING A BACKBONE!?

Posted by Shade

Neville got so badass in that book. Sometime during it Harry remarked how Neville was working really hard and becoming one the best in the DA.

Posted by fates warning

huh well I saw it today, missed several scenes though so its hard to really judge how much I liked it =/ Looked pretty cool though, the wizards fights were good.

Posted by U.B.C.S. Nick

Just saw it. It was great, the special effects were brilliant. 9 out of 10.

Posted by Klarth

I went to a midnight showing a few hours ago. Even more content-slashing than Goblet of Fire, but at least they didn't touch particularly important bits this time. Loved the design of the ministry.

Also I would bang Tonks.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Content-slashing? OOTP was just a bunch of really boring conversations. Though I still lust for Mr Weasley's hospital scene.

Posted by Shade

Ron being on the quidditch team. :mad:

Rupert Grint got so screwed over for this movie, it's not even funny. They didn't even let that flying brain attack him.

I barely even remember any of that stuff. When did the book come out? Because that's when I last read it. I only remember basics, so ever HP movie is pretty good in my eyes. They take JUST long enough for me to forget all the non-important details.

Posted by Shade

*Rupert while reading the fifth book*

"Aw, hell yeah! I get to shoot some quidditch scenes, 'bout time."

"Say, Rupert, we've cut all the quidditch scenes from this movie."

"****."

Who the **** is Rupert?

Posted by Shade

Plays Ron.

Oh, **** that kid.

Posted by Shade

You would.

Posted by Klarth

i still have emma watson's number

Posted by Shade

Hook me up.

Posted by Aesthetic

Quoting idk: *Rupert while reading the fifth book*

"Aw, hell yeah! I get to shoot some quidditch scenes, 'bout time."

"Say, Rupert, we've cut all the quidditch scenes from this movie."

"****."

At least he has the special features to look forward to!

I'd do him. And her, too.

Yeah, Ron needs more screen time.

Posted by Dexter

I've seen him scared enough already.

Posted by Tiptoegecko

Quoting Angelwing: I'd do him. And her, too.

Yeah, Ron needs more screen time.

**** Ron. Gary Oldman got his much deserved screen time <3