Wii Fitness Pad

Posted by scylla

Yea.... It's some little pad that you stand on and it has motion sensing technology. All they showed were exercise games and something where you hit a soccer ball around by head butting the thing.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Wii Balance Board*.

It knows, to an extent where your centre of gravity is, and can measure your BMI. Pretty neat.

Posted by Klarth

Reggie is clinically obese.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

... But he kicked Shiggy's *** at that football game.

Posted by scylla

It was soccer.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Football is only called soccer in the USA. Everywhere else uses the real name.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Fitness? Video games? No thanks.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I want it, actually. I enjoyed doing the daily training on Wii Sports, so this is probably relevant to my interests.

Posted by Klarth

Not really interested. Probably very expensive.

Should be interesting to see the internets reverse-engineering the board, though.

Posted by muffla

i dont under stand how it can find you bmi, dosent it need your hight? and what if you are verry muscular.?

Posted by Klarth

Quoting muffla: i dont under stand how it can find you bmi, dosent it need your hight? and what if you are verry muscular.?

You probably enter your height to start with.

And, er, muscle contributes to BMI...

Quoted post: and what if you are verry muscular.?

then it throws it off. muscle mass is one of the reasons why BMI isn't completely accurate. It's just a broad categorization, really.

Posted by Linko_16

Does it have a weight capacity? :(

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;621140]Fitness? Video games? No thanks.

[IMG]http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/exercise.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://kotaku.com/assets/resources/2007/07/wiifithead.jpg[/IMG]

Fitness? Videogames? VERY FUCKING YES.

Posted by Klarth

I bet you bench like 80 pounds you English pussy.

Seriously what connection is there between being English and being scrawny

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

That's because you guys get your asses kicked by nations a tenth of your size - Scotland, Iraq, India, the US colonies...

lol patriotism

Posted by Ant

ANYWAYS. I couldn't give two ****s about this game. ANT IS FAT, I don't need a game to tell me that. But, I have a feeling this game is going to be the next wii-sports among the casual market. This game is probably going to be ****ing huge. OR, it could be a huge flop. A risky path, but it's been working lately, might as well ride it while they can I suppose.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Anything that prevents Smash Brothers being sold out everywhere is fine by me.

Posted by Bebop

Wii Fit looks pretty interesting. Might be the new WiiSports.

Quoted post: OR, it could be a huge flop.

Not a ****ing chance. Not only is it on the Wii, which even the ****tiest games sell a million copies on, but it's a game about exercise which is definitely a craze these days. It's a brilliant combination and would only work on the Wii, and Nintendo knows it. It's going to be stupidly huge.

Posted by Speedfreak

Al Borland: I don't bench anything, large muscles are pointless unless you're trying to impress your faggoty buddies down in the gym showers.

Brain Training sold 15 million copies worldwide, even more than Grand Theft Auto. This will sell a s[COLOR=lightgreen]h[/COLOR]itload more because people care a lot more about their physical fitness than their mental fitness.

Posted by veritas

Why buy Richard Simmons videos when u can break out the wii?!

Posted by muffla

does anybodye else thing that the fitness pad could make a good controler for a snowboarading game or skateing game

You can pretty much bet some developer is going to use it, maybe not as the main input for control, but it'll be used.

Posted by Colonel

Wii fitness you say? Sounds good......for my mother!

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=muffla;622605]does anybodye else thing that the fitness pad could make a good controler for a snowboarading game or skateing game

Yeah. Shigeru Miyamoto.

my mom was like "jesus i'm so buying that wii fitness thing and you're using it"

I don't even know how she knows about it. gonna sell millions

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

haha vamp's mom bosses him around

NOT SO GRIM NOW EH

Posted by Bebop

The darkness around Vamp disappears as soon as his mother brings him cookies and milk. Classic.

nah, she knows I'm allergic to milk =3

Posted by Bebop

Pussy.

Posted by Zelda_Guy

I think its a great idea. (well the board thing at least). Maybe a Wii sporsts game will use it.

Posted by Big Boss

Quoting netman: Seriously what connection is there between being English and being scrawny

DUH!

Haven't you seen Family Guy? All men from England have scrawny bodies, protruding teeth, and perform argumentative drive-bys. You know, just like all Canadians have egg-shaped heads that open in half whenever they speak.

As for Wii Fit, I look forward to the possibilities it has if it's taken seriously, as opposed to just an extension of the inaccurate Fitness mode in Wii Sports. It still won't make me go to the gym any less, though. I seek a real workout.

Posted by Big Boss

Sort of bumping this bump with: [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iYBmAVuBns"]Wii Fitness Parody[/url].

I actually got a pretty solid chuckle out of that.

Posted by WillisGreeny

'Step on the white thing' looks like fun, I don't see the problem. Besides... Dance Dance Revolution IS a hard game :(