E3 2007 Press Conference: Microsoft, Nintendo and Sony

Posted by Big Boss

I figured we should have a place for all Press Conference discussion, so here it is.

Right now I'm watching the Nintendo Press Conference. In all honesty, that Wii Fit looks pretty **** cool. Thinking far ahead, this could possibly bring serious games developers into the console world, with hopefully beneficial software for players and people in general. I don't mind having my Wii as an occasional game console and a self-improving, interactive device.

This game alone makes the Nintendo Press Conference better than Microsoft's (the zapper helps, too). We'll see what Sony can do later today.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I'm The X, and I'm happy.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I honestly thought Smash or Galaxy would come sooner and the other later, not both really late into the year. Ah well.

Posted by Big Boss

"Simply amazing."

Finally, you said something right, Jack!

Geez... what a way to start the Conference.

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!

EDIT-------------

InFamous from Sly's Sucker Punch. Wow.

Posted by muffla

does anybody else the wiifit board could be used for a cool snowboard/skateboard game?

Posted by Big Boss

Wow. Not bad, Killzone 2... not bad.

I'm very pleased with the first-party games. Good to see Sony's development studios aren't just sticking to the franchises they created in the last generation. The fact that they stuck solely on first-party news outside of MGS4 is weird, though, and other than USING Home for part of their presentation, the lack of any really new stuff on it is disappointing. They seemed to be rushed to get the thing done in half an hour. They could've easily shown GTAIV, too. At least it was a half-an-hour of great game footage, though.

EDIT -- Nevermind about the time. We got the feed screwed up here. Apparently I missed the first half.

huh, I missed both the Nintendo and Sony conference then. I thought Nintendo was later in the day and Sony was later tonight. Well there you go. Good thing gametrailers is putting up decent footage of everything.

Posted by Big Boss

Awesome! You'll be able to hook up your PSP with an HDTV and play the games from there. Apparently it got a lot of people happy, so I'm not alone in wanting this feature. The Game Boy Player is the only reason I still keep my GCN hooked up, so this feature will finally add some mileage to my PSP games and entice buying new ones. I've never been a fan of handheld games, since when I'm out I'm usually doing something else (I play A LOT of games, so any I have outside of gaming to learn about something else non-game related I'll take).

Now I'll finally be able to continue playing Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops. Hehe, the irony.

Posted by Ant

Eh, this years conferences were pretty bland and boring. With that said, SONY YOU DID OKAY THIS YEAR! They made it feel a lot more personal with the whole Home characterization. And the graphics, can't forget about the graphics.

Posted by Klarth

Nintendo: B+
Microsoft: B-
Sony: B

Bit of a contrast to last year:

Nintendo: A+++++++++++++++++++
Microsoft: B
Sony: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFAIL

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I can't believe it's over already. :(

Posted by Ant

Over? Dood, there's still today, tomorrow, and Friday. Still tons of info about the games to come.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Oh yeah! 3rd parties, lol :D

MS' conference sucked pretty hard, but their end of 07 looks better than the rest if you ask me.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I just liked the news that Europe was finally getting the Marketplace the Americas have had for like, a year.

Canada still isn't quite up to par with America and even that kinda sucks at times. So I can only imagine how lame is was for Europe.

Posted by Bebop

Only had time to watch the boring Ninty conference. Wii Fit is interesting but aside from a few smaller details in the show which grabbed my attention it didnt really do much for me.