Medal of Honor has 32-person online multiplayer

Posted by Klarth

HOLY HELL

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Entering 32 friend codes will be a *****.

Posted by Drewboy64

HYOLY **** i musthave missed this!

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Ugh... not only does having that many people suck, unless the severs are dedicated, good luck trying to get more than twenty. Plus, with that many people it's nearly impossible to get a good team game going. It's like once you get past the 16 player mark everything typically falls apart.

Posted by muffla

yea i dno if im gonna like this game or not. when they showd the gameplay it kinda looked like a rail arcade shooter but online would have to be free movment.

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Ugh... not only does having that many people suck, unless the severs are dedicated, good luck trying to get more than twenty. Plus, with that many people it's nearly impossible to get a good team game going. It's like once you get past the 16 player mark everything typically falls apart.

"Good luck trying to get more than twenty" ... "past sixteen player mark, falls apart". So, basically, it's going to be fine.

muffla: er, no, it's an FPS. Multiplayer online rail shooter? Sure you weren't looking at the Resident Evil footage?

Quoted post: "Good luck trying to get more than twenty" ... "past sixteen player mark, falls apart". So, basically, it's going to be fine.

Except 16 doesn't equal 32? Anything over eight on eight really isn't all that fun.

Posted by crelda

It dosnt seem likely that it will work 32 player unless the maps are huge. In my opinion anyway.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

It's not like 16 vs 16 or whatever is going to be forced on us. Counter-Strike has the capacity for 64 players, but I've never seen anything remotely near that online.

Quoted post: It dosnt seem likely that it will work 32 player unless the maps are huge. In my opinion anyway.

Obviously the maps will be huge, they'll probably even downscale for smaller rooms, but as I said, the servers need to be dedicated simply because a lot of people can't even host more than 14.

Posted by Klarth

I'm predicting dedicated servers for public matches, and an eight-player maximum for friends list matches.

If Nintendo supports dedicated servers, that will be a HUGE plus over Xbox Live.

Posted by Klarth

XBL doesn't have dedicated servers? Huh. PS2's online service did.

Nope. You can dedicate your box in a select few games, but you're still running off that person's ****ty connection.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Yeah, Microsoft are basically charging you to use a glorified P2P service. But then again, it is a pretty neat setup.

Yeah, for all the money they have you'd think MS of any company would have dedicated servers. But whatever, I still like it better than the PS3's online service and the Wii's.

Posted by Kit

Quoting The X: Counter-Strike has the capacity for 64 players, but I've never seen anything remotely near that online.

I have, it lags like hell and you don't have a clue what's going on.

Posted by Dexter

Call of Duty 2 had a good amount of online players. Call of Duty 3 went too far. I like to get to know the players out there and not feel like I'm in the mid of mass chaos. Makes me feel too rushed and gets annoying because there's people seemingly everywhere and I can't keep track of much.

Yeah, pretty much. Though four v four was a tad limiting at times, but it fits the maps well typically. But you're right, CoD3 was just mass chaos. No sense of team work and really no communication whatsoever. It actually got really boring really fast.