Guitar Hero Rock the 80's

Posted by EvilDeadGamer

Has anyone else heard about this? planning on buying it, ect. if you havent heard of it its pretty self explanitory, its GH, its all classic rock...my favorite kind of music

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Classic rock? Hardly, most of it sucks ***.

Why didn't they choose the 70s? The 60s?

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Haha... classic rock.

Anywho, **** sucks. Seriously, wow. What a horrible track list.

Posted by Crazy K

I got this info from[URL="http://Wikipedia"][/URL][URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guitar_Hero_Encore:_Rocks_the_80s"]Wikipedia[/URL]

1. Opening Licks

* "Metal Health (Bang Your Head)" - Quiet Riot
* "We Got the Beat" - The Go-Go's
* "I Ran (So Far Away)" - A Flock of Seagulls
* "Balls to the Wall" - Accept
* "18 and Life" - Skid Row (encore)

2. Amp Warmers

* "No One Like You" - Scorpions
* "Shakin'" - Eddie Money
* "Heat of the Moment" - Asia
* "Radar Love" - White Lion
* "Because, It's Midnite" - Limozeen (encore)

3. String Snappers

* "Holy Diver" - Dio
* "Turning Japanese" - The Vapors
* "Hold on Loosely" - .38 Special
* "The Warrior" - Scandal
* "I Wanna Rock" - Twisted Sister (encore)

4. Return of the Shred

* "What I Like About You" - The Romantics
* "Synchronicity II" - The Police
* "Ballroom Blitz" - Krokus
* "Only a Lad" - Oingo Boingo
* "Round and Round" - Ratt (encore)

5. Relentless Riffs

* "Nothin' But a Good Time" - Poison
* "Lonely is the Night" - Billy Squier
* "Bathroom Wall" - Faster Pussycat
* "Los Angeles" - X
* "Wrathchild" - Iron Maiden (encore)

6. Furious Fretwork

* "Electric Eye" - Judas Priest
* "Police Truck" - Dead Kennedys
* "Seventeen" - Winger
* "Caught in a Mosh" - Anthrax
* "Play With Me" - Extreme (encore)

Unlike previous Guitar Hero games, there will be no bonus tracks in Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 80s

Sounds gay. Plus no more bonus tracks so that's just down right gay.

[quote=The X;620380]Classic rock? Hardly, most of it sucks ***.

Why didn't they choose the 70s? The 60s?

They should of. I would of loved rocking it out to some Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, The Doors, The Who, etc. :)

Posted by veritas

Classic rock my ***. No metallica or acdc. booooooo

metallica isn't classic rock...

But yeah, why they chose the 80s for a guitar game... I'll never know.

Posted by Ant

It seems like everyone is overlooking this one and focusing on Guitar Hero 3, and even more so on Rock Band.

How much is this one going to cost?

full price. And really, people SHOULD be overlooking this. GH3 looks pretty lame, but it's gotta be better than this. Then there's Rock Band which looks amazing, far better than either game can ever hope to be.

Posted by Ant

do the guitar hero guitars work on Rock Band?

Probably, but they'll miss functionality. There's an extra eight buttons on the new guitars I believe.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Five up top, five down near the bottom of the neck for solos. :D

why'd I say eight? I meant to say four, which meant to be five.

Posted by Tiptoegecko

I will still be getting this regardless of how crappy the song list is. Im not paying for it, and it would be nice to play some ****ing new songs.

Quoting The X: Five up top, five down near the bottom of the neck for solos. :D

Yup. That Stratocaster replica looks ****ing hot. I can't wait to use it in Rock Band<3

Posted by Moogs

If you buy Guitar Hero III, you will have wasted your money and be wishing you bought Rock Band instead. If you buy this, you just need to die. And agreed, I read the track list a while back. Sucks. I like one song on there, and that's it. Sucky playlist and a sucky game.

Posted by Al Borland

Quoting Moogs: If you buy Guitar Hero III, you will have wasted your money and be wishing you bought Rock Band instead. If you buy this, you just need to die. And agreed, I read the track list a while back. Sucks. I like one song on there, and that's it. Sucky playlist and a sucky game.

GH 3 should have a pretty solid track list and the wireless Guitar looks great. If you think that is a waste of money I don't know how you're going to justify the $200 that Rock Band will set you back.

200? Please, it's going to cost a hell of a lot more than that. You can buy full albums. People are going to spend so much money on Rock Band.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Can't you just buy Rock Band with a single instrument? Or do you have to get the full package?

You can just buy whatever you want. You can form a band over live with those who have instruments you don't have.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I think I'll just buy it with a guitar. I can't sing, and my friend's an expert drummer, so we'll have those bases covered. Plus, I'm pretty sure I heard the Rock Band guitar works with Guitar Hero and vice-versa. Finally I can get those co-op achievements!

Yeah, except the GH guitar doesn't fully work in RB since it's missing the other buttons.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Yeah, I meant the other way around. Using the RB guitar to get GHII achievements. :cool:

RB guitar looks a lot better than my ***-awful X-Plorer.

Posted by Colonel

I can't get Rock Band :(

Posted by Anti-Muffla

I think Rock Band sucks. It's going to be way too much money and it's really nerdy. a buncha videogame nerds sitting around thinking they are a cool band, when they are really just playing a dumb game. Jesus make your own REAL band, it's way better. GH is good though, i love guitar hero because it's fun and affordable and you can play it by yourself or with a few friends.

Posted by Tiptoegecko

Quoting Anti-Muffla: I think Rock Band sucks. It's going to be way too much money and it's really nerdy. a buncha videogame nerds sitting around thinking they are a cool band, when they are really just playing a dumb game. Jesus make your own REAL band, it's way better. GH is good though, i love guitar hero because it's fun and affordable and you can play it by yourself or with a few friends.

Yea, go and kill yourself.

Posted by LadiesMan217

Guitar Hero 80's is the ****!, but the song selection is very little and isn't worth the 50$ price tag at all, but it still follows the GH gameplay on the the dot and is just a little appetizer for the main course ( Which is obviously GH3 )

Posted by Sapphire Rose

That would make Rock Band the whole ****ing resturant.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=LadiesMan217;636326]Guitar Hero 80's is the ****!, but the song selection is very little and isn't worth the 50$ price tag at all, but it still follows the GH gameplay on the the dot and is just a little appetizer for the main course ( Which is obviously GH3 )

How can it be the sh[COLOR=Silver]it[/COLOR], as you put it, if it's hardly worth the money?