Demond <mod>.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

In light of the Staff Report Cards, isn't it time that some of the inactive mods got the boot? Users like Ant, who know the community well and post daily, are stuck moderating dead forums, while almost totally inactive members still hold mod positions. Notably dead mods include [COLOR=#cccccc][FONT=Verdana]Crono, Echo, Ferry, Lameboyadvanced, MetalVox55, Momentum, and Pete. I know, some of them appear every day or two, but I really think mods need to be active posters too.

So anyway, suggestions?
[/FONT][/COLOR]

Posted by Omni

Demod Dexter.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Omni;619877]Demod Dexter.

I haven't seen Dexter in weeks. You ****ers scared him off. :(

Posted by Klarth

Demod Dexter.

Posted by Alastor

Jesse won't do it.

Plus, any time all these inactive mods are about to get demodded, they show up and whine. Always.

BUT IF THIS TIME IS ACTUALLY DIFFERENT, GO FOR IT!

Posted by Ant

who cares if they complain? not like they have any precedence anymore.

Posted by Arcadios

Boomstick
Echo
lameboyadvanced
Ferry
Pete
Negativetrend
Crono
Lunairetic
Kodachi
Momentum

All need to go.

Posted by Ant

Lunairetic? what? he just needs to be reassigned, if he wants to be.

Posted by Arcadios

I think the sim battle board should just be deleted.
Hardly anyone posts just Lunairetic, really.

Posted by S

If there are moderators that can be inactive and their board won't go to hell, why do we need a mod there in the first place? Likewise, if they're doing their job, why the hell do they need to be active posters? Currently there is no problem with spam and no issue at all with puppet-accounts that need to be banned, so why do we need to fix what isn't broken? I can see demodding people that are inactive, but why exactly would we replace them if they aren't even required?

To me, this whole thing seems like a need of shift in power - but all in all, things are fine the way I see it. Demod people that deserve it, okay, but there's no need to replace them.

Crono, however, I'd like to ask be left to stay. He may not post outside the board much but he's still my equal on the Sim board and he knows the rules as well as I. The sim board is different than other boards in the fact that moderation isn't just thread up-keep, it also has some other roles on a community basis. No one else on this board that's active could feasibly take over his place and understand the rules as well as him aside from Echo. Even then, no one else would want the position, probably including Echo.

Anyway, my two-cents.

EDIT: Ninja'd. If the sim board goes, I go. Simple as that. It's my reason for being here.

Posted by Klarth

People wonder why I turned VGC into my own personal garderobe for however many months. Fact is, this place isn't going anywhere with such a wacko of an administrator.

Posted by Oforia

Would it make Jesse a good admin if he does everything you say?

I agree that all of them should be demodded, as well as Dexter. This place is due for new management. (I am not talking about jesse)

Posted by netman

See, I've learned that jesse will NEVER demod the virtual boy mods.

Which is funny because everytime I mentioned it back when I was a super mod, ferry and pete put up this huge whinefest about not being respected mods of their little dead board :(

Posted by Stalolin

no one is getting demod'd until someone breaks jesse's fingers and does it themselves

additionally, when someone does go break his fingers, make him delete those useless boards that have been voted on in the mod board

Posted by junior senior

What about the chat rooms followed underneath certain boards?

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: Likewise, if they're doing their job, why the hell do they need to be active posters?

what's the point of keeping them around though? They're inactive posters. Just **** off if you're going to lurk and give the spot to someone who can do, most likely, an even better job AND be an active poster. Plus, stuff isn't exactly getting deleted all the promptly anyways. A couple new supermods are all we need, really, and we might as well just get rid of those who aren't active posters, whether they need to be replaced or not.

BUT, we'd actually need an admin who does, you know, something. Which we don't have. lawls

Posted by S

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: what's the point of keeping them around though? They're inactive posters. Just **** off if you're going to lurk and give the spot to someone who can do, most likely, an even better job AND be an active poster. Plus, stuff isn't exactly getting deleted all the promptly anyways. A couple new supermods are all we need, really, and we might as well just get rid of those who aren't active posters, whether they need to be replaced or not.

BUT, we'd actually need an admin who does, you know, something. Which we don't have. lawls

They're doing their job, is my point, if they post or not. And if they aren't, that specific board probably doesn't need a mod in the first place - so demodding them is fine but a replacement isn't needed. If you want to give it to a more active poster, yeah that's fine I suppose - I'm just saying its not really needed because in the end, the job is done no matter what (Or isn't, and we demod without a replacement.).

And I agree with the last part of what you said, stronger S mods might help out a bit, especially when it comes to bringing new things to VGC - but unless Jesse does something, we're stuck with what we've got. But its not like the system is broken really - its lasted *** knows how long under worse conditions.

Posted by Echo

A few quick things:

1) My computer has been broken for about a month and a half now, and I just got it back. So that's why I've been absent more lately than I usually am. I'm on considerably more lately, and probably will be unless my computer dies again.

2) Being a consistent poster has never been a part of a mod's duties. A mod is there to keep his own board at least relatively clean. I don't know why people think that you also have to post a lot to be a mod. Those two things are totally different the way I see it.

Quoted post: 2) Being a consistent poster has never been a part of a mod's duties. A mod is there to keep his own board at least relatively clean. I don't know why people think that you also have to post a lot to be a mod. Those two things are totally different the way I see it.

it should be though. What's the point of just coming here to clean a board and read a few threads? Be a contributer. Someone else more deserving can take your spot, someone who will actually post. It's not difficult. Of course, if they board is dead, well, you're not needed at all.

Posted by Echo

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: What's the point of just coming here to clean a board and read a few threads?

Because I like reading the conversations here even when I don't feel my input is totally necessary, and I might as well clean a board while I'm at it. I honestly don't see anything wrong with that.

I'll be posting more lately now that I have a computer again anyway, though.

Also, I have to defend Crono and Lunairetic here. There has to be a sim board mod, so de-modding both is out of the question. They are both excellent at modding that board. Deleting the board is also silly. It still gets spurts of activity. Right now is actually one of those spurts. It gets posted in waaay less than general conversation boards of course, but that should be totally expected. It can take up to a few days to make a sim battle post that the poster is happy with, as opposed to the few seconds it takes for some idiot to post something the the conversation boards. It is not in anyone's way and there are more boards much more worthy of deletion right now. When Pokemon Battle was deleted it was far less active than Sim Battle, and it never had spurts of activity. If the Sim Battle board reaches the state that Pokemon Battle was in when it was deleted I might agree with deleting it or making it a blog, but it is actually far from that point.

Quoted post: Because I like reading the conversations here even when I don't feel my input is totally necessary, and I might as well clean a board while I'm at it. I honestly don't see anything wrong with that.

Nothing particularly wrong, just nothing right. There's better people out there, active members of the community. Like I said, if you're just going to lurk, go the full distance and **** off.

Posted by Tyler Durden

Still too late to pop in and give a quick shout out to.. DEMOD DEXTER?!

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Stalolin: no one is getting demod'd until someone breaks jesse's fingers and does it themselves

:D:D:D:D

Quoting Stalolin: additionally, when someone does go break his fingers, make him delete those useless boards that have been voted on in the mod board

er, what boards??!!! :D:D:D:D

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Lunairetic;619898][COLOR=black]If there are moderators that can be inactive and their board won't go to hell, why do we need a mod there in the first place? Likewise, if they're doing their job, why the hell do they need to be active posters?[/COLOR]

[quote=Echo;620020]2) Being a consistent poster has never been a part of a mod's duties. A mod is there to keep his own board at least relatively clean. I don't know why people think that you also have to post a lot to be a mod. Those two things are totally different the way I see it.

Simple: you need to post so the community know who you are and what you're like.

Would you take orders from a boss you'd never heard from, or even seen?

Posted by S

Quoting The X: Simple: you need to post so the community know who you are and what you're like.

Would you take orders from a boss you'd never heard from, or even seen?

I only have say over my personal board, and everyone in that board knows me or has spoken to me in length over AIM or otherwise unless they've recently begun there. I don't have juristiction over anyone else outside of my board - the only people I ban are people that are either A: User accounts created to spam, B: Puppet-accounts, and C: I infract someone who is being a complete douche, which I don't do often but will on occasion. In the event of C, the infractions are anonymous (So you do'nt know who's giving them anyway.) and if another moderator disagrees it can be reversed. I never believed my job was to be giving orders, rather maintain my board and play judge to my peers in that board. Nothing was ever discussed about outside the board.

It's more of a general statement than one directed at you. I mean, you only mod the ****ing sim board.

Posted by S

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: It's more of a general statement than one directed at you. I mean, you only mod the ****ing sim board.

No, I know. But I was using myself as an example. Who do the mods boss around, really? If anything, I'd wager that's more of an S-mod's job than the normal mods. Don't you think? A mod is only boss of the board they supervise but an S-mod is more of a community servant and someone who could give "orders" to some extent - and especially a name that must be seen around the boards.

In the case of Echo, though, what's the point of having him a mod? I've seen him post maybe ten times since the beginning of the year not included this past few days. Just give it Ant who can do the exact same job while being a huge part of the community (cuz he's fat zing.) Ten bux says he has a better understanding of the community and people within it anyways. Plus, he's more active anyways. Echo's at one week, ant's at, what, 2 months? Same with boomstick, prince, Kod, Negative trend and, well, maian's not really needed anyways. No point in keeping them around.

Posted by S

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: In the case of Echo, though, what's the point of having him a mod? I've seen him post maybe ten times since the beginning of the year not included this past few days. Just give it Ant who can do the exact same job while being a huge part of the community (cuz he's fat zing.) Ten bux says he has a better understanding of the community and people within it anyways. Plus, he's more active anyways. Echo's at one week, ant's at, what, 2 months? Same with boomstick, prince, Kod, Negative trend and, well, maian's not really needed anyways. No point in keeping them around.

I'm just arguing on base principal, really. When it comes to being a "Boss", I never knew that was part of my job outside of my forum. In fact, I'd think that'd be offensive to people that are moderators if I jumped over my bounds and into their forum.

I personally think Echo is a good mod, and I'd vote against him being demodded, but I agree with the rest.

I can't defend X's point since i really have no idea what he was talking about. But I'm just saying most of these comments aren't directed towards you because you do a fairly good job and tend to post a bit more than the rest.

Echo still sucks. Anyone can be a good mod. He's just a ****ty member.

Posted by Echo

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Echo still sucks. Anyone can be a good mod. He's just a ****ty member.

Well, keep that in mind when a thread is made about who is a good VGC member and who isn't. This thread is about de-modding people.

Also, if anyone can be a good mod, there wouldn't be the almost constant outcry to have at least one mod de-modded.

Posted by Oforia

Demod everyone and re-elect from scratch.

Quoted post: Well, keep that in mind when a thread is made about who is a good VGC member and who isn't. This thread is about de-modding people.

Also, if anyone can be a good mod, there wouldn't be the almost constant outcry to have at least one mod de-modded.

Being a good VGC member is part of being a good mod. Also, ur so clevar. Of course not everyone can be a good mod because you suck. But there's more than few people you can take over your spot and do it better. It's not exactly like it's difficult.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Oforia;620356]Demod everyone and re-elect from scratch.

I actually think this would be a pretty good idea.

Posted by Oforia

Quoting The X: I actually think this would be a pretty good idea.

It would be great, because all the current capable mods would be reelected to their original boards, and new, more qualified mods would replace the old ****ty ones.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Oforia: Demod everyone and re-elect from scratch.

er...if every one got dumped, who would do da voting??!!! :D:D:D:D:D I smell a Super Mod Bjarni and WackoHater!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Jesse Smith;620561]er...if every one got dumped, who would do da voting??!!! :D:D:D:D:D I smell a Super Mod Bjarni and WackoHater!!! :D:D:D:D:D
The members choose the new mods! OR IS VGC A FACIST NATION :mad:

Posted by Oforia

Quoting Jesse Smith: er...if every one got dumped, who would do da voting??!!! :D:D:D:D:D I smell a Super Mod Bjarni and WackoHater!!! :D:D:D:D:D

The members would re-elect. :p:

nnnnninja'd

Posted by S

Quoting The X: The members choose the new mods! OR IS VGC A FACIST NATION :mad:

Are you new? This is the internet.

Posted by Arcadios

VGC IS FOR THE PEOPLE

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Jesse, just think how much drama there would be if certain mods didn't get re-elected! :D

Posted by Arcadios

Actually, I think if he did do that it would be a pretty ****ing dramatic.
do want

Posted by Omni

Quoting Arcadios: VGC IS FOR THE PEOPLE

That rules you out, you beaner.

Posted by junior senior

lol you can't be a mod if you have a green card

Posted by Iris

Lunairetic and Crono are fine. We don't need to totally reconstruct the mod base, so it'd be nice for once if members weren't constantly pushing for unnecessary changes just because they think they'd be more capable.

Posted by Stalolin

People talk about demodding and such, but what they really don't seem to realize is that nothing gets done here.

therefore, everyone shut up

Posted by Iris

It's not as if VGC is ever going to get much cleaner than it is now, no matter who you mod.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting The X: Jesse, just think how much drama there would be if certain mods didn't get re-elected! :D

I could generate even more drama by de-moding every one and picking all da mods myself, since there would be no mods that could do any voting. :D:D:D For generating drama, it would go something like this....

Super Mods: WackoHater, Real One Bjarni, Bakura, keyartist, Max Mouse, Aslan
Mods: Fei-on Castor, Junior Senior, Poco, Screenname, WillisGreeny, Panic

Posted by Omni

Everyone would leave the site.

Posted by Roger Smith

Omni for Super Admin 08'

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Omni: Everyone would leave the site.

Bah!!!! You guys would just flip out for a week....and then get over it, while I try to think up some more drama!!!! :D:D:D:D

Posted by WackoHater

You all are very sick people, Vampiro seems to be one of the few people here with any sense, him and Missed-O have brains, the rest of you need to get back in line!

Posted by Roger Smith

Only ants follow in lines.

Posted by Ant

did someone say something about lines?

Posted by Roger Smith

Yeah, now shut up and get back in line.

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=Omni;620697]Everyone would leave the site.
And, point being?

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Down The Sun: And, point being?

To translate his post in to English: Don't make all those n00bies mods!!! :D:D:D