NAACP to hold funeral for 'N' word

Posted by Oforia

Quoted post: DETROIT (AP) — The NAACP held a symbolic funeral in Detroit 63 years ago for Jim Crow.

The civil rights organization will do the same this summer for the "N" word, the Rev. Wendell Anthony said Sunday.

Anthony, president of the civil rights organization's Detroit branch, said members and supporters of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People will conduct services and a "eulogy" for the racial slur. The mock funeral will be held during the NAACP national convention July 7-12 in Detroit, he said.

"We are committed to ending hate — word and talk," Anthony said. "It doesn't do anyone any good, whether it's a journalist on TV or a rapper on the radio."

The announcement comes after a renewed discussion nationally about racial insensitivity, brought on by Don Imus' derogatory comments about black members of the Rutgers University women's basketball team.

Imus didn't use the "N" word in those comments, but was fired in early April by CBS Radio and NBC after major companies including General Motors pulled their advertising spots.

"Now that corporate America has caught up, maybe something will happen," Anthony said. "We have to stop investing in stuff that is killing us."

Jim Crow was the systematic, mostly Southern practice of discrimination against and segregation of blacks from the end of post-Civil War reconstruction into the mid-20th century.

**** Now I can't say it anymore!

Posted by Ant

leave it to n[COLOR="Lime"]ig[/COLOR]gers to think you can kill a word. if anything, they're just making it more popular. words come and go.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Stupid ****ing ******s.

Posted by Oforia

Quoting Ant: leave it to n[COLOR="Lime"]ig[/COLOR]gers to think you can kill a word. if anything, they're just making it more popular. words come and go.

It's funny that everyone treated it as if it were a real funeral too. Many people had their hats off and were bowing their heads. How ridiculous!

[IMG]http://www.naacp.org/assets/home/bury_pic_556.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.naacp.org/events/convention/98th/funeral/bury1.jpg[/IMG]

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

hey check it out guys

i resurrected nig[COLOR=Silver]ger[/COLOR]

Posted by Average n00b

I hate how most of them use it in situations and call eachother that. It's the same thing as being called a ****** by someone who's not in the black race.

Posted by fates warning

heck why stop at just the word? why not go ahead and eliminate themselves from the nation as well?!

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Because if they do it themselves, we lose out on all the fun. Jesus, think before you ****ing speak faggot.

Posted by fates warning

if you had to be around niggers as much as me you wouldnt think they are as fun

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Bull**** it's not fun. Try hanging one from a tree, or curb-stomp him. Much more fun that way.

Posted by Oforia

Or putting chains on them and making them pick cotton. We should enslave them again!

Posted by fates warning

saphire, you've never done anything like that before. your an embarrassment to rascists everywhere.

Posted by Oforia

Racism: my antidrug

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Quoting fates warning: saphire, you've never done anything like that before. your an embarrassment to rascists everywhere.

Listen up, Porch Monkey. You, being the nigger that you are, can't even spell "saphire" right. And I'm the embarrasment for rascists? You act like this because it's VGC. Whereas I've actually gone out and beat the **** out of various "ignants" for walking in my path.

Though I was young and higher than a kite then (probably on Jet). So you might be right.

Oh, and have you ever seen a chick give a mule a blowjob? Thought not.

That and I am having a kid with an azn.

And I live in a black/mexican neighborhood.

**** I SUCK

Posted by fates warning

I act like this because its vgc? quite the opposite. your story is bull, your custom title most likely isn't far from the truth.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Actually, sadly it's not. :(

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

******s

OH JESUS IT'S HAPPENING ALREADY

Posted by Klarth

I always did prefer the term "chocolate man".

Posted by Omni

This isn't going to stop anyone who uses the word from using it.

Posted by TendoAddict

The best thing they can do is to stop using it all together. But we know thats probably too d[COLOR="White"]a[/COLOR]mn hard. But to kill a word that can be positive and negative in the same is hard in its own right.

BTW why did people take off their hat's? ****** was originally just a term for black man, then it became a harsh connotation , then it was churned through crap rap into nigga which was turned into a sudo compliment. Why would they want to pay respects?

Posted by Oforia

We should all say jiggaboo instead. It's more satisfying to say.

Posted by junior senior

Yeah dude I saw this on tv last night, they had a casket for it and everything.

Posted by Omni

Quoting TendoAddict: The best thing they can do is to stop using it all together. But we know thats probably too d[COLOR="White"]a[/COLOR]mn hard.

Like I just said in that post you de-rep'd me in. Thanks for being a hypocrite.

Posted by Zeta

What a waste of money.

Posted by Oforia

I hope KFC sponsored it. That would be epic.

Posted by Grave Wisdom

KFC? Naw, it was Popeyes.

Posted by Average n00b

Y'know. I believe that black people and ******s are different.

******s aare the obnoxious loud ones who blame their problems on racism. "It's because I'm black..RACIST"

I hate how black people say that it's all THEM that people are racist too. There was no Holocaust to them, it was JUST slavery, no one else had it worse then them. *Rolls eyes*

Geh. You can't stop the word, they're still going to call eacother that, and you've still got the White Pride **** going on, they'll still call them that. (I'm not saying it's right.)

Quoted post: it was JUST slavery,

I lol'd pretty good.

Posted by Average n00b

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: I lol'd pretty good.

-_- I didn't mean it like that. I meant that the only thing that was racist in the world was slavery.

Posted by Average n00b

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: I lol'd pretty good.

-_- I didn't mean it like that. I meant that some of them say that slavery was the only racist thing that has happened in the World.

Posted by Tyler Durden

Hopefully "NIGGER" will ressurect itself and assassinate Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton. When I think of the life of the word "Nigger", I always thought of those two assholes.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

It's just a matter of time before the word gets brought back from the dead.

And by then, this might as well be a Resident Evil 5 thread.

Posted by Omni

It's already back. I've heard it used several times since this funeral happened, but both white and black people. In fact, I've heard it used more by blacks, those hypocrites.

Posted by Speedfreak

Why didn't they bury words like cracker, spic and chink too? Racist bastards.

Posted by Zeta

Quoting WILLETH FOR MONTHS: And by then, this might as well be a Resident Evil 5 thread.

Oh man, I'm going to laugh my *** off if the NAACP starts *****ing about RE5.

It's not their fault blacks are a fast and furious race. :(

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

TOKYO DRIFT

lol, as if black people could afford cars.

Posted by Tiptoegecko

Wow, niggers really are stupid!

Posted by Chiaroscuro

Quoting Speedfreak: Why didn't they bury words like cracker, spic and chink too? Racist bastards.

Because words like "cracker" aren't racist, they're cute and witty ways for blacks to make fun of white people. :rolleyes: