Malaysia is grim

Posted by Klarth

[quote]In Malaysia, the government blames black metal music for a number of social problems, such as anti-social behaviour. The government believes the music causes teens to become disrespectful to parents and elderly, as well as lowering their respect for religion. The music was also deemed to be responsible for crime-related cases such as gang fights. As a result, the government has announced that it will ban black metal, and now does not provide permits to foreign bands.

Malaysia made news in 2000 and 2001 after public officials announced several arrests of "Black Metal cult members", in whose houses were found desecrated Korans and anti-religious material. Reports also surfaced of strip-searches conducted in public schools of children suspected of being involved in black metal. Children were also forced to drink "herbal cures" to purge their minds of the subject. This crack-down was led by the Malaysian Prime Minister Mahathir.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Hey Malaysia, welcome to the West in the 1960s! :D

Posted by Omni

Quoting The X: Hey Malaysia, welcome to the West in the 1960s! :D

Yeah, because black metal was around back then in America. :rolleyes:

Posted by Grave Wisdom

*existed at all back then

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Omni;619794]Yeah, because black metal was around back then in America. :rolleyes:
THERE'S MORE TO THE WEST THAN AMERIKKKA ****FACE GRRR :mad:

I was referring to the whole 'rock n roll corrupts our children oh **** BAN IT' era.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

because black metal is really all that huge in ****ing malaysia? lawls

maybe the problem is that they all live in malaysia.

Posted by Fort Shino

Wow, what's the point in that. People are still going to listen. This could possibly be helping the genre because of all the extra exposure.

Posted by Richaod

I was under the impression that they banned bands like Metallica from playing there due to suspicions of "satanism". I mean, as if they know anything about black metal (or metal in general).

Posted by Klarth

As if anyone in any position of power knows anything about any kind of media.