Dear VGC.

Posted by Xenos

Help me decide which check design I should get:

1. Board Games
[URL="http://www.checksunlimited.com/ProductDetail.aspx?vpid=728"][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/URL][SIZE=3][URL]http://www.checksunlimited.com/CheckDetail.aspx?vpid=294[/URL][/SIZE]

2. "Travelling"
[URL]http://www.checksunlimited.com/ProductDetail.aspx?vpid=728[/URL]

3. Some mouse ****
[URL]http://www.checksunlimited.com/CheckDetail.aspx?vpid=2058[/URL]

4. Retro
[URL]http://www.checksunlimited.com/CheckDetail.aspx?vpid=1743[/URL]

I honestly have no idea why my mom wants to get me these; she knows I am a penny pincher and I would die before spending any money in my bank account, but whatever works for her.

Posted by Zeta

Board games.

Posted by Kit

They all look horrible, but I'd go for Board Games.

Posted by Xenos

Ehh, I thought Travelling and Boardgames looked really nice, though the other two weren't bad either.

Posted by Corrupt

Quoting Kit: They all look horrible, but I'd go for Board Games.

I like the Ratatouille one. :( I'd either choose that one or the Travelling set.

Posted by WillisGreeny

I'd go with board games too.

Posted by Crazy K

I would go for the mouse ones. They just look more interesting then the others.

Posted by Kit

I think the designs are just unnecessary, to be honest. I just chose the board games one because it looks the most interesting.

Posted by Linko_16

Either board games or travelling.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Retro! :D

Posted by Linko_16

I was going to edit "sucks!" into your post for giggles, but then I remembered this isn't DA. :awesome:

Posted by Klarth

Retro.

Posted by Ant

Retro or Traveling seem to fit you best. Of the two, I'd say Retro, just to be WILD!

Posted by NES Queen

I have the board games one currently. So clearly get that one so you can be just like me :D

Posted by Omni

Travelling, like I said yesterday.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Traveling.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

http://www.checksunlimited.com/CheckDetail.aspx?vpid=339

Posted by Ch

I like Retro

Posted by mis0

Retro. But seriously, who uses checks anymore? Debit card, yo.

Posted by NES Queen

My landlord doesn't have the equipment for me to pay my rent with a debit card. And my various other utility bills don't have a convenient location for me to go and pay them with a debit card either (though most now offer online bill pay, wahoo!). Hence, the necessity of occasional check writing. Plus, my parents just wrote me a fat *** check for $10,000 which is oodles more convenient then them handing me a suitcase full of cash.

Having a checkbook is clearly one of the first steps to becoming an old fart.

Posted by Xenos

I've learned better than to use debit cards at restaurants from observing others. One time my friend tipped a restaurant and used the debit card, guess what? They charged on her card nine bucks "gratuity" rates as well!

Posted by WillisGreeny

Debit cards are great though for making purchases everywhere, including online vendors. As long as you remember to keep plenty of money in your bank account, they are great.

I would never tip a restaurant with it though.

Posted by cool gamer dad

I'd go for Retro or Board Games. Traveling is too typical, and Ratatouille is a pretty ****ty movie.

Posted by Xenos

[quote=WillisGreeny;618907]Debit cards are great though for making purchases everywhere, including online vendors. As long as you remember to keep plenty of money in your bank account, they are great.

I would never tip a restaurant with it though.

My friend didn't. They automatically charged it.

I use cheques to pay rent and internet. Everything else is Mastercard.

Posted by mis0

Quoting NES Queen: My landlord doesn't have the equipment for me to pay my rent with a debit card. And my various other utility bills don't have a convenient location for me to go and pay them with a debit card either (though most now offer online bill pay, wahoo!). Hence, the necessity of occasional check writing. Plus, my parents just wrote me a fat *** check for $10,000 which is oodles more convenient then them handing me a suitcase full of cash.

Having a checkbook is clearly one of the first steps to becoming an old fart.

I have a checkbook in my safe, because I never need to use it. Online billpay is great.

@ Xenos: I never use my card anywhere they can take it out of sight. I don't want my ID stolen! I guess if you share those concerns, it's either checks or cash.

Posted by Aesthetic

Traveling is definitely more "you" than the others, though the board games kind is the most fun. It all depends on how you want to feel while writing the check.

traveling: "ah, only spending money in the necessary amount that i need to get ahead of bills in life so that i may start saving to visit beautiful places i've always wanted to see"

board games: "IMA BUY GAMES AND ****!"

boardgamesboardgamesboardgames

Posted by Iris

Travelling. Plain would be best, but oh well.

Posted by Dexter

Plain.

Debit cards are great. Gives you fantastic connection to your bank account and makes spending a whole lot easier, especially online. Credit cards are good too. Get one or two to start building your credit up at an early age, not because you need the extra cash in advance.

Posted by Shade

Traveling.

Credit cards are fabulous. There are plans where if you spend x amount of money you get 1 airmile. So basically, in 117 years you can fly a province over!

Posted by NES Queen

With my Amex card I got 10,000 miles just for signing up, then earn 2 miles/$ spent at most places. Within 2 years I had enough to fly to Mexico for free last month. Saved me nearly $500 :)

Posted by Klarth

The father of a friend of mine has one of those black titanium Amex cards.

Just sharin'. It's heavy.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Xenos: I've learned better than to use debit cards at restaurants from observing others. One time my friend tipped a restaurant and used the debit card, guess what? They charged on her card nine bucks "gratuity" rates as well!

Most places I've gone to (well, IHOP, at least) have a seperate little line where you can write down how much you want to tip. :/

I use debit cards for large purchases, and cash for smaller ones. I'll use debit instead of cash if I just don't have any, but I prefer to keep cash with me most of the time.

Posted by Xenos

Well ... I don't eat at places like IHOP. :-X I don't think I've ever been to an American restaurant in my life 'sides Denny's while I was on the road, but that's not the point.

Eh, I don't use money at all, I am pretty cheap, as I said before, but I do see how checks can become useful, and since my mom wants me to get it, I might as well.

Quoting NES Queen: With my Amex card I got 10,000 miles just for signing up, then earn 2 miles/$ spent at most places. Within 2 years I had enough to fly to Mexico for free last month. Saved me nearly $500 :)

Are you serious? I get 1 airmile for every $40 I spend. I hate Canada.

Posted by junior senior

ratatouille lol

Posted by Fort Shino

Board games.

Posted by JonMB

This is the easiest decision ever.

Board games.

Posted by Last Fog

Well it would be amusing if you got the mouse ****.

I'd go with traveling, though.