Recommend some good RPG's

Posted by Roger Smith

No Kingdom Hearts though, only good RPG's please.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VI, Oblivion, Pok

Posted by Roger Smith

Beat Chrono and FF VI, I have Oblivion, I don't have a DS/GB to play Pokemans or GS.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Tales of ______, Yggdra Union.

Posted by Roger Smith

I considered some of the Tales games and I donno about Union, seems like a love it or hate it game so I'm not so sure it's a worthy buy.

PLUS I HAVE NO DS OR GB TO PLAY IT :mad:

Posted by Zeta

Roms then.

Lufia 2
Skies of Arcadia
lol nothing else comes to mind at the moment.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's [Sorcerer's] Stone on the GBA. It had turn-based battles and items and ****.

Posted by Roger Smith

I already have and beaten Lufia. I played SoA on the GC but I've considered getting the original for my DC.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

PC: Baldur's Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast (expansion), Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal (expansion), Neverwinter Nights. Icewind Dale is fun, too.

PS: Disgaea: Hour of Darkness, Shadow Hearts, Shadow Hearts: Covenant, Jade Cocoon 2 (I haven't played the first one, yet), Chrono Cross.

Posted by Zeta

Quoting Roger Smith: I already have and beaten Lufia. I played SoA on the GC but I've considered getting the original for my DC.

DC version has better music quality, but GCN version has a bunch of extra sidebosses and quests and stuff.

Posted by Roger Smith

See, why can't you guys give lots of suggestions like LisaAngelWangz?

I played Dungeon Siege II and didn't like it much, and I think Baldur's Gate has similar gameplay so eh.

Neverwinter I've read about and have been interested in.

I'll probably never play Disgaea. I've had interest in Shadow Hearts but since it has the same battle system as Magna Carta I got turned off :(

I watched Nazo's brother play both Cocoon games and he explained it all to me and it was fairly interesting.

But I might just swing over Skies of Arcadia once I get a few more bucks up. I played Legends but didn't get very far so more likely I'll give it another shot.

BUT KEEP YOUR SUGGESTIONS COMING:mad:

edit: thoughts on Romancing SaGa?

I've never played a Dungeon Siege so I wouldn't know. Baldur's Gate is amazing, though. <3 the battle system. I'd suggest trying out the second one first, as there's a better storyline and a hell of a lot more things added.

I also love Shadow Hearts' battle system. In the second one though, you can turn off the judgement ring. Storyline in the first is worth it.

Posted by Zeta

The Soulblazer games.

Posted by Kit

Neverwinter Nights is amazing to play online, providing that the server you are on is good. Sadly a lot of servers have cheaters that create their own unstoppable items and ruin the fun, but you can find normal players that are fun.

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting Zeta: The Soulblazer games.

Played em already.

Anyway, thx for all the suggestions people. Though out of all that were given Skies is probably going to be my choice. But whenever I get cash I'll be looking out for more RPG's.

Posted by Xenos

Without reading the thread.

Terranigma
Star Ocean 1
Tales of Phantasia
Xenogears
Lufia II
Chrono Trigger
Earthbound
Lunar: Silver Star
Riviera
Craftknights
Breath of Fire II
Chrono Cross
Rudra
Seiken Densetsu

There are some good RPGmaker games out there too if you want me to name them.

Posted by Apathetic

Does Harvestmoon count as a RPG? Im all messed up on what is and what isnt now :(. Also, Valkyrie Profile.

Posted by Xenos

No it does not.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Fallout 1 & 2

Posted by CrystalPain

Chrono trigger & Chrono Cross
great storyline and great gameplay

Posted by Roger Smith

Dude, you bumped 4 month old thread to tell me the obvious? =\

Posted by CrystalPain

I didn't look the date i was just reading the comments and answerd it :(
Im sorry

Posted by WillisGreeny

Since it's been bumped,

Some that haven't been mentioned:
Breath of Fire III
Silver,
.Hack (any),
Grandia III,
Rogue Galaxy,
Makai Kingdom,
Shadow Hearts (either),
Arc the Lad (any),
Suikoden 3 (any),
Tales of the Abyss,
Radiata Stories.

.Hack really isn't very good.

Posted by WillisGreeny

I got all 4 games for cheap, but only buying one would really suck. I thought it was ok.

Posted by BLiZZARD

If anyone would like to play one of the best games ever i would suggest it and if you do decide please let me know ill send you link in your email and you will be able to try WoW for 10 days and if you like to subscribe i will earn you 1 month free try . Thank you

Posted by Traund

For your superhero fix I will also recommend Savage Dragon, or, a little closer to what you seen at Marvel, only GOOD, Invincible.

Posted by Laram

Everyone omits Xenogears, even though it is on par with Chrono Trigger and FFVII. Check it out.