E3 2007

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

3 days to go! It's got no chance of exceeding last year's awesome, but I'm still pretty excited. What are you guys hoping for? Top of my list is a Brawl release date, along with some more information on Rock Band, even though I'll probably not buy it.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Anything CoD4 related.

Posted by Apathetic

PSP and DS related things I guess.

Posted by Zeta

EBA2 plz.

Posted by Shade

Phantom Hourglass, Fable 2, Soul Calibur IV, and Lost Odyssey.

And something about the maaaany DS RPG's that have yet to be released in NA.

Posted by Kit

Fable 2 and Unreal Tournament 3 would be nice.

Posted by Random

More Halo 3, Fable 2, Metal Gear Solid 4, GTA 4, Eternal Sonata, Blue Dragon, Resident Evil 5, and Smackdown vs Raw 2008.

Not sure if anyone saw, but MS showed more RE5 footage which included what appeared to be african villagers. Looked **** good. Beyond that, Halo 3 single-player footage which looked awesome, Assassin Creed which was even better, and a CoD4 beta. So far so good.

Posted by Fate

RE5 looked cool, but isn't it multiplatform? CoD4 is a game I might actually play.

might? oh ***, it's my most anticipated game.

But yeah, of what they showed RE5 looks pretty awwight. Though, markedly different than its last showing.

Posted by Ant

Meh, I thought it was pretty boring. They basically just outlined what was already known. 30 seconds of RE5, good to know it isn't dead. Beyond that though, I guess the best part was the crapload of things making their way to the Arcade and Marketplace. 2007 is going to be a very good year for Microsoft, but what about 08? Oh, and no MGS4 news, so that still remains a mystery. Still, could come later kind of like how Smash wasn't revealed right away by Nintendo last year.

overall, I'd give them a 7/10.

Posted by Crazy K

I watched some of it. The things that interested me most was Assasin's Creed, CoD4 and the movie feature on Xbox Live marketplace.

Quoted post: 2007 is going to be a very good year for Microsoft, but what about 08? Oh, and no MGS4 news, so that still remains a mystery. Still, could come later kind of like how Smash wasn't revealed right away by Nintendo last year.

That show was specifically for 07 it seemed. Though I doubt we'll hear about MGS4 coming to the 360 this week.

Oh, and I thought that live-action halo 3 stuff was pretty cool. Boring, but neat.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Europe finally gets the movie/TV marketplace! :D

Posted by Klarth

E3 looking-forward-to:
Metroid Prime 3
Mario Galaxy
Namco stuff
Resident Evil 5 (give me more)
Resident Evil UC
Killzone 2 (maybe it looks as good as Kotaku says)
GTA4 tidbits

E3 Hopes:
Mother 3
Tales of Symphonia 2
Wii peripherals
360 pricecut oh come on
Mario Kart
Brawl release date
Xenogears port/remake/fangasm?

Posted by Big Boss

The Microsoft Press Conference lacked shocking surprises, but it had some good stuff to show. The gameplay walkthrough of Assassin's Creed was pretty cool, but by far the best thing for me was the new Resident Evil 5 trailer.

Other than that, nothing else of interest I can recall. CoD4 looked cool, for those that like the series, as well as the boss battle they showed of Gears of War for Windows. However, there was something that disappointed me, and that was Halo 3. The footage of the single-player mode looked quite disappointing visually, although some gameplay stuff seemed like a nice addition to what has been a boring-as-**** campaign mode in the series. The live action thing was completely pointless and uninteresting, too. Sadly, after playing the Halo 3/Halo 2.5 beta, it'll take more than the multiplayer mode to buy this one...

In the end, Microsoft still has the best lineup, so it's up to Sony to do their usual E3 thing (they are the ones that need to impress. I want Home NOW!) and Nintendo to show that the Wii can have a great library of innovative, deep games other than the usual minigame fair that has left many with bought but unused Wiis.

Posted by Unite

suikoden 6

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Unite: suikoden 6

Hopefully they stick some kind of new gimmick into the franchise. IV and V were tired and boring.