So I got one...

Posted by Last Fog

I impulsively bought a Wii today. They're pretty much impossible to get where I live and the place I work got a whopping three units, so I figured I'd grab one while I can. I figured it would be good family fun, and good for company. All I have so far is Paper Mario and Wii play.

But I made two discoveries that made me first really angry and then laugh because it's it's so typical of Nintendo. One, theres no component cables included... what the hell. It looks ugly on my HDTV. Now I have to pay for a cable that should come packaged. And then I search all over the thing, and theres no ethernet input to be found. I thought "this can't possibly be true" but it is. Looks like you can only connect via the wifi bull****. Now how can I get this ****er on the internet? Thanks nintendo.

As of now I'm marginally satisfied with the purchase, it's just what I expected, no less and no more. Sad truth is, until Smash Bros or something else worthwhile hits, it's gonna spend a lot of time untouched, shrouded in the shadow of my 360.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Buy the WiFi USB dongle. It's cheap and allows you to get online quick.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I can't believe this piece of **** is still somewhat difficult to find.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Average rate for small towns is 300 bucks for one, around here that is.

Posted by Axis

I haven't even touched mine in months.

Posted by Ch

Quoting WillisGreeny: Average rate for small towns is 300 bucks for one, around here that is.

You're kidding me. I bought one off eBay three days ago for 150 buckaroos, new.

Posted by nich

It's pretty easy to find a Wii around here, there were something like nine of them at wal-mart the other day.

Posted by Last Fog

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: I can't believe this piece of **** is still somewhat difficult to find.
Somewhat? It's near impossible. We get literally over 50 calls a day, everyday, people asking for it. I mostly got it just because I can, and because there's nothing to play for 360 right now. Hopefully it will hold me over until the fall.

Posted by NeXidala

Where I live, you still can't find them. There will be like five 360s and eight PS3s in stock while all the Wiis will be sold out.

Srsly wtf.

Posted by Ant

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: I can't believe this piece of **** is still somewhat difficult to find.

if only it had shootin gamez with online multiplayer it would be the perfect system!

Posted by Axis

Or good games in general.

Posted by Ant

so, shootin gamez?

Posted by Fate

Nope, just worthwhile ones. I've only played the Wii seriously with Super Paper Mario and I didn't even finish the game. When I moved to a new place, the first system I wanted to reconnect was my 360. I went through all the internet/router/error crap just to get back on it. It takes time to establish a console and the Wii just isn't up there yet.

Quoted post: if only it had shootin gamez with online multiplayer it would be the perfect system!

It's ****ing five year old technology. They should have NO problems getting the systems out, especially considering it came out nine months ago. It's ridiculous.

As for games, wow, Zelda and Super Paper Mario. **** YEAH! Seriously, the Wii is pathetic at this point. Thank Christ Metroid is coming out next month.

Posted by Axis

Quoting Ant: so, shootin gamez?

:-D

shootin gamez on the Wii wouldn't be fun.

Posted by Ant

WE SHALL SEE. With all the ****ing hype Retro is giving itself with MP3 and it's controls, it should be pretty good. They're practically setting the bar for what how shootin gamez are going to be controlled on Wii, hopefully they pull it off.

Posted by Axis

I hope so, it's easily one of my more anticipated titles, I'm just hoping it works.

I bet somebody comes in and says that Metroid is an "adventures game" and not a shootin' game.

It'll be good, but I have a feeling it won't be what we all want. But hey, it's the first real attempt and there's still another four years to improve on the mechanic. I have a feeling I might miss control sticks.

Posted by WillisGreeny

[QUOTE=Ch