any other "last gen gamers" out there?

Posted by avalanch

Yea thats right, I'm a last gen gamer, I like to wait for the newer consoles to launch & then reap the low prices of the last gen games. So just out of curiosity, how many other people do this?

Posted by bazariah

i do this quite frequently

if for instance i was going to buy 1 game for

Posted by Linko_16

I do this with games oftentimes, though it's usually just because I see a game I never got around to trying/buying in a bargain bin or used game shelf someplace.

Posted by Klarth

I own a Wii.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Second hand gamer stores love me!

Posted by Fate

I can't go back to the last gen unless the game is really good. It just bothers me to look at stuff that's completely terrible in comparison to today's generation. Although SNES titles look beautiful to this day...

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I'm like Fate. I can't go back unless it's a long way back. Though I still play Melee. But Smash Bros. defies all time.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I'm with VVE and Fate on this one. The only games I still like playing on my last-gen consoles are games like Capcom vs SNK 2, Guilty Gear and Smash. For some reason, dem fightan games have a timeless quality.

Well, Capcom v and GG still look **** amazing. Any side-scroller/2D game for that matter I can play no problem. It's just when I see old 3D that I want to puke.

oh, and Ninja Gaiden since it still looks and plays better than most current-gen games.

Posted by Big Boss

I'm a current-gen gamer, but also a last-gen gamer, and I've always done the whole "buy tons of last-gen games for cheap now that new consoles are in town" thing...

Just before moving to Austin I bought these:

Mega Man X8 (PS2) - I want to play all Mega Man X games in order.

Area 51 (Xbox) - I want to play the last game the studio I work for made.

Samurai Legend Musashi (PS2) - I liked the first one for the PS1, so I might give this one a try in the future. Plus, it was like 10 bucks.

The only older games I have a real problem playing are 3D N64 titles. The system has aged horribly aesthetically, and it'd be nice if someone got paid to make every game crispy clear. I'm guessing the closest thing would be to play them on a sweet monitor through ROMs. Once I get a newer, more ***-kicker TV, I'll download Star Fox 64 and see how good it looks on the Wii.

Posted by Skitzo Control

I can play TMNT the Arcade Game on NES without noticing that all the characters are the same, with the exception of a pallet swap. I can still play Secret of Evermore, not bothering with the fact that everything looks like a low-grade digital camera picture. I can still play Brave Fencer Musashi on PS1, even though the characters look like something taken from Dragon Ball Z with down syndrome. And, of course, I can still play OoT, despite the fact that Link has a polygon count of 12.

A good game is a good game, no matter its age, and its appearance today, as it did ten years ago, doesn't matter.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: It's just when I see old 3D that I want to puke.

I love old 3D. If it's good enough for me to tell what's going on, it's good enough for me.

Have you recently looked at N64 games? Like BB said, the system has aged horribly.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Try and play Castlevania 64. MY EYES MELTED

Posted by Linko_16

I disagree completely. The HD revolution has only made N64 games more charming.

Posted by Klarth

I play fun video games.

You cocks.

Posted by s0ul

Yeah, really, not being able to play last gen games is... ****. I'd almost call that shallow. That's really lame! That's **** I expect to hear from dumbass Madden/Halo gamers, guys. I'm disappointed. :(

Quoted post: The HD revolution has only made N64 games more charming.

A 28 year-old retard who can walk himself to the bus stop is charming, but that doesn't make him fun to talk to and be around.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;618783]A 28 year-old retard who can walk himself to the bus stop is charming, but that doesn't make him fun to talk to and be around.

Linko's only 18, though!

zing?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

zing

It could be misconstrued, though. :(

Posted by Echo

Quoting s0ul: Yeah, really, not being able to play last gen games is... ****. I'd almost call that shallow. That's really lame! That's **** I expect to hear from dumbass Madden/Halo gamers, guys. I'm disappointed. :(

I totally agree. Sure, old 3D is sort of ugly compared to what we have now, but that should never be the one thing to keep you from playing a game. I still play N64 games a lot because they are fun, despite the graphics.

Posted by EvilDeadGamer

last gen...like odyssy2? or like ps2, gamecube..because all of that, yes, i have a ton of systems, not as many as some people, but more than normal people do, xD