Demod Dexter.

Posted by Klarth

Okay, yeah, I've been pretty lighthearted and jokey about this whole thing what with appending the two titular words to just about every thread I've made in recent days, but this time I want someone to actually acknowledge the **** that's going down here.

Dexter should not be a moderator. Sorry, but this is indisputable. Anyone defending him at this stage is biased and wrong. Of course, that's not to say many people are defending him right now, but regardless...

So, let's weigh up a few things against him right here.

1) Editing the posts of others. Case in point: NEMI.
[url=http://vgchat.com/showpost.php?p=520366&postcount=186]Example time![/url] Omni tells me that she actually stopped coming around VGC because Dexter was constantly harassing her to the nth degree.

Past case: Remember when Judge moderated the Off-Topic area? Remember a certain picture thread Sable Wind made years ago? Remember how he renamed it to "Ogle a Young Girl's Tits" or something along those lines? Remember how he was demodded within days? Hm.

2) Deleting the posts of others. Case in point: Yours truly!
I've already kicked up plenty of **** about this, so it's not exactly uncommon knowledge. After I stepped down last August (or sometime around then), whenever I came back around VGC Dexter would prune my posts for no good reason. He's been doing this consistently until a few weeks ago, and it's gone completely unreprimanded. Not even a wrist slap. He's got to have wiped at least 30 perfectly decent, serious posts of mine over this period. Dex, dear, trying to get me to be a "better member" by intimidating me into submission isn't kind, honest or necessary.

Past case: Admiral Anthrax. Back in the beginning of '05, he deleted two of my posts. TWO. His reasoning was that I "should have known my place". Dexter's reasoning is that I was "being a punk". After a few days of you-shouldn't-have-done-thats, he was demodded.

3) Random unwarranted bannings. Case in point: Your humble narrator.
I didn't have internet access for a week or so while I was away in eastern Europe in March. I signed on at some point and noticed I'd been banned a few days into my absence. Dexter was responsible. Strange! I've never been banned for nothing before! Around a week ago I was banned again on, admittedly, better reasoning - Despite this, I wasn't given an explanation, it was a two-year ban, and I did not break a single rules. As far as I'm concerned, a well-established long time member gently poking at the rules isn't really something which should be harshly reprimanded. Furthermore, since when did VGC have "unwritten rules" as Fate referred to them? (Note: Not dragging her into this at all; I just like the way she worded it.) What the **** is the point of having an invisible rule that people are expected to follow? And whose idea was it to severely punish anyone who even mildly transgressed such an unfollowable mess of a regulation? Oh, wait, Dexter.

Past case: It's a reasonless ban. Do you NEED an example?

4) Miscellaneous power abuse. Only one case right here, but I'm sure I'd be able to drum a few more up given the chance.

http://vgchat.com/showthread.php?t=23548

AdTheLad998: DEXTER MOVED IT
AdTheLad998: 20:09, 13th Jun 2007 Dexter Thread moved to '~Love & Romance~'. 205.215.253.131
AdTheLad998: omfg what happen

So.

Dear sensible VGCers (I know there are a few of you out there):

Are you ready to stop being cretins yet?

Posted by Fate

klarth lol

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Fate: klarth lol

hi miss fate!

Posted by WillisGreeny

hmm, I don't think Dexter likes you. It's just a hunch. But I like you! I guess...

*WillisGreeny's post altered by Dexter at 1:49PM*

You stink Netman, go away!

Posted by Klarth

Quoting WillisGreeny: hmm, I don't think Dexter likes you. It's just a hunch. But I like you! I guess...

*WillisGreeny's post altered by Dexter at 1:49PM*

You stink Netman, go away!

Swallow a screwdriver.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Quoting netman: Swallow a screwdriver.

While getting hit by a train, I GOT IT

man, you're just full of suggestions.

Posted by Ant

meh, no one cares anymore. try again later.

Posted by Lord of Spam

"Are you ready to stop being cretins yet?"

hahahaha no.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Something should be done about Dexter, but chances are nothing will. Sad, really.

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting netman: Okay, yeah, I've been pretty lighthearted and jokey about this whole thing what with appending the two titular words to just about every thread I've made in recent days, but this time I want someone to actually acknowledge the **** that's going down here.

Dexter should not be a moderator. Sorry, but this is indisputable. Anyone defending him at this stage is biased and wrong. Of course, that's not to say many people are defending him right now, but regardless...

So, let's weigh up a few things against him right here.

1) Editing the posts of others. Case in point: NEMI.
[url=http://vgchat.com/showpost.php?p=520366&postcount=186]Example time![/url] Omni tells me that she actually stopped coming around VGC because Dexter was constantly harassing her to the nth degree.

Past case: Remember when Judge moderated the Off-Topic area? Remember a certain picture thread Sable Wind made years ago? Remember how he renamed it to "Ogle a Young Girl's Tits" or something along those lines? Remember how he was demodded within days? Hm.

2) Deleting the posts of others. Case in point: Yours truly!
I've already kicked up plenty of **** about this, so it's not exactly uncommon knowledge. After I stepped down last August (or sometime around then), whenever I came back around VGC Dexter would prune my posts for no good reason. He's been doing this consistently until a few weeks ago, and it's gone completely unreprimanded. Not even a wrist slap. He's got to have wiped at least 30 perfectly decent, serious posts of mine over this period. Dex, dear, trying to get me to be a "better member" by intimidating me into submission isn't kind, honest or necessary.

Past case: Admiral Anthrax. Back in the beginning of '05, he deleted two of my posts. TWO. His reasoning was that I "should have known my place". Dexter's reasoning is that I was "being a punk". After a few days of you-shouldn't-have-done-thats, he was demodded.

3) Random unwarranted bannings. Case in point: Your humble narrator.
I didn't have internet access for a week or so while I was away in eastern Europe in March. I signed on at some point and noticed I'd been banned a few days into my absence. Dexter was responsible. Strange! I've never been banned for nothing before! Around a week ago I was banned again on, admittedly, better reasoning - Despite this, I wasn't given an explanation, it was a two-year ban, and I did not break a single rules. As far as I'm concerned, a well-established long time member gently poking at the rules isn't really something which should be harshly reprimanded. Furthermore, since when did VGC have "unwritten rules" as Fate referred to them? (Note: Not dragging her into this at all; I just like the way she worded it.) What the **** is the point of having an invisible rule that people are expected to follow? And whose idea was it to severely punish anyone who even mildly transgressed such an unfollowable mess of a regulation? Oh, wait, Dexter.

Past case: It's a reasonless ban. Do you NEED an example?

4) Miscellaneous power abuse. Only one case right here, but I'm sure I'd be able to drum a few more up given the chance.

http://vgchat.com/showthread.php?t=23548

AdTheLad998: DEXTER MOVED IT
AdTheLad998: 20:09, 13th Jun 2007 Dexter Thread moved to '~Love & Romance~'. 205.215.253.131
AdTheLad998: omfg what happen

So.

Dear sensible VGCers (I know there are a few of you out there):

Are you ready to stop being cretins yet?

*yawn*

Posted by Omni

Quoting Roger Smith: stfu nobody cares stop it jesus

Shut the **** up because nobody cares.

Posted by Roger Smith

You need new material, not only do you not anger me anymore you don't make me laugh either. You ****ing failure.

Posted by Trigger

Why is this thread back...?

Posted by mis0

Because Dexter is the great satan and we need to burn the online equivalent of an effigy.

Posted by Omni

Quoting Roger Smith: You need new material, not only do you not anger me anymore you don't make me laugh either. You ****ing failure.

I don't anger you anymore? I angered you at some point? Holy crap, and you're calling me a failure? Get the hell out, man. That was ****ing hilarious, because I know you were being serious. Seriously, I laughed so much at that ****.

Posted by Roger Smith

Yeah, at the beginning when you went from a cool person whom I enjoyed talking with to a complete *******. It upseted and infuriated me. Much like Lurr.

:(

Posted by Klarth

Demod Dexter.

Posted by mis0

Demod Dexter.

Posted by Omni

Demod Dexter.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Demod Dexter

**WillisGreeny's post altered by Dexter at 2:57 PM**

Stop it guys, Dexter is awesome! keep Dexter!!!

Posted by PROF CHAOS

This subject is old. But it is funny in a weird sort of way.

Posted by Grave Wisdom

Demod Dexter.

Does anyone else smell a new meme?

Posted by Shade

lolin for smod 07

Posted by Klarth

Quoting PROF CHAOS: This subject is old. But it is funny in a weird sort of way.

Your mum is old. And hairy.

Posted by Klarth

Demod Dexter.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

retxed domed

Posted by Klarth

demer dextod.

Posted by Klarth

Odd-metred ex.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Trigger: Why is this thread back...?

Some ones job here is to cause drama!! :D:D:D:D On with da show!!!

Now, how do you 'demud' some one!!!! :D:D:D:D

Posted by Klarth

Domed texder.

Posted by Jesse Smith

What da wack??!!! :confused:

[quote]This message has been deleted by netman. Reason: Shut up.

er....!!!

Posted by Ant

Holy **** Jesse, CARE TO EXPLAIN? Why has no one else been noticing this?

Posted by Klarth

wtf someone's been hacking my account

Posted by Jesse Smith

It looks like that's what you're talking about over in da mod board, about Arcadios!!!!

He's in the normal usergroup!!! My only guess is it's cause he started da thread!!! Yo, 'netman' can you delete posts in threads you don't make??!!

To any one else, go look for a thread you made in a board you don't mod. Can you do da same thing??!! Moderating your own thread is my only guess, but I couldn't find anything about that in da settings!!!!!

*er, thread hijack alert.*

Posted by Klarth

Nope. I've never been able to delete posts in threads I make.

Seriously. :confused:

Posted by Alastor

go back to bed klarth

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: Why has no one else been noticing this?

I did. No one checks the mod board :(